Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vol. 20 (chapters 79, 80, 81, 82, & 83)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Sensenic
~ Volume 20 cover! ~

Vol. 20 covers chapters 79, 80, 81, 82, & 83. It is out on Aug. 22, 2008 in Japan!

And for this particular one I'm intrigued...

Looks cool as usual, but ain't there sth wrong?

"So, that's Ed's group, what about it?" you may say.

Greeling is. If they have kept up with the 4 chapters per tome, Greedling and Ed have just reappeared in the last chapter (81).
And even if the volume includes up to 82... it's a kinda spoilersome cover, as they don't reunite till the very end (or, techincally, on 83).

I think it's a rather weird choice, maybe I'd have left this one for 21...
Oh, well, discuss!
bluwim
The cover is lovely ^^

I have always though this volume include chapters until the 83, because this chapter is the "beginning of the end", the final is different to the others, and because of these chapters are shorter y all of them could complete this volume perfectly...

We'll see soon what chapters are been included here!!! (sorry for muy english, i'm sleepy)
Anzu Mazaki
I went to the bookstore to check it out today and it does look awesome; I like it a lot. I love the way they always have a color scheme that each cover follows.
RoyxRizaFan
Great cover as usual. Thanks for the picture, Sensenic!

If they have kept up with the 4 chapters per tome, Greedling and Ed have just reappeared in the last chapter (81).
And even if the volume includes up to 82... it's a kinda spoilersome cover, as they don't reunite till the very end (or, techincally, on 83).

This wouldn't be the first spoilerific cover art. 12 had some pretty spoilerish stuff on it. I have to say that this is the most straightforward one I've seen so far, spoiler wise. WOW I just used the word 'spoiler' three times in a row, and two times I made up a word...Niiiiiiiice....
Havanese
I really like this new cover art. Though, is it just me, or does Ed's eyes look a little different? The shape seems off, somehow... huh.gif
Animeoldtimer
QUOTE(Havanese @ Aug 26 2008, 09:48 PM) *
I really like this new cover art. Though, is it just me, or does Ed's eyes look a little different? The shape seems off, somehow... huh.gif

A bit. Maybe she's trying to make him look more determined. I like his automail.
ehxhfdl14
A blue cover this time- and a white coat for Edward smile.gif Thanks for the pic, Sensenic!

Huh, really? I really didn't notice anything "off" really, except the fact that Ed's sort of doing the determined grin/smile thing.

Causmicfire
QUOTE(Havanese @ Aug 26 2008, 06:48 PM) *

I think it's the angle, because it's only the right eye(at least to me).

It's a bit odd to see Ed in white, but he's wearing it for a reason.

The cover isn't too spoilerish, he's still got frigid weather 'mail.

I wonder where they are. The ceiling reminds me of the immortal army/Father,but the steps make me doubt it
Turdaewen
What about the omakes?? I haven't seem them yet and I always CRAVE for them. ^^
spoonyalchemist
It's rare to have a focus on Ed's leg rather than his arm.

Wonderful as usual. happy.gif
stonehead
The English volumes are really coming out at a slow rate these days.

Volume 16 - somewhere in March, if I recall correctly
Volume 17 - 21-10-2008
Volume 18 - 31-05-2009 (source)

There could be two reasons for that:
- Viz had to slow down at some moment anyway, because they translated four chapters every two months
- they knew there would be a second anime and they probably do not want the manga to be too far ahead

Or both of them smile.gif
Unown
It looks rather cool I think, but I'm not like 'wooow blink.gif '
And I think Greeds bone-structure looks a little bit weird o.o

Does anybody know who's on the spine this volume? ^^
Sensenic
QUOTE(Sensenic @ Aug 23 2008, 12:26 AM) *
Looks cool as usual, but ain't there sth wrong?

"So, that's Ed's group, what about it?" you may say.

Greeling is. If they have kept up with the 4 chapters per tome, Greedling and Ed have just reappeared in the last chapter (81).

I think it's a rather weird choice, maybe I'd have left this one for 21...
Oh, well, discuss!

Hm, read somewhere that apparently they did the 5 chapters thing twice this time.
Volume 19 includes 74-78 and 20 79-83.

So apparently they managed things to get the "beginning of the end" feeling in there indeed

QUOTE(bluwim @ Aug 23 2008, 01:39 AM) *
I have always though this volume include chapters until the 83, because this chapter is the "beginning of the end", the final is different to the others, and because of these chapters are shorter y all of them could complete this volume perfectly...

happy.gif
paca
@Unown: Greed!Ling is in the spin ^^

Not sure if anybody has already posted this...but here (on-line) vol.20 omakes and more!! xD

See you~~
Sensenic
QUOTE(paca @ Oct 11 2008, 03:26 AM) *
@Unown: Greed!Ling is in the spin ^^`

Shows who's badass enough to appear on the spine twice. _

(Yeah I know it's technically Greed, blabla. But I'm a Ling fanboy... ;_; )

QUOTE(paca @ Oct 11 2008, 03:26 AM) *
Not sure if anybody has already posted this...but here (on-line) vol.20 omakes and more!! xD

See you~~

lol, unless someone stole her avatar, I see a familiar face in there... XD

The original omakes are included in the volume 20 scans given in the hagaren raw scans thread... These are just chinese scanlations. sleep.gif

BTW, volume 20 only has one omake and no b&w outline pages... ;_;
Daydreamer_Alchemist
QUOTE(spoonyalchemist @ Sep 10 2008, 10:45 AM) *
It's rare to have a focus on Ed's leg rather than his arm.

Wonderful as usual. happy.gif

Just my thought! It's rare to see a focus on Ed's leg instead of his arm. But I love that cover. I just love Ed's expression!
AA battery
QUOTE(Sensenic @ Oct 11 2008, 11:44 AM) *
lol, unless someone stole her avatar, I see a familiar face in there... XD

... Me? I didn't realize that I used the same avatar here and there. XD I usually use a different avatar on different forums... hmm...

The original omakes are included in the volume 20 scans given in the hagaren raw scans thread... These are just chinese scanlations. sleep.gif

BTW, volume 20 only has one omake and no b&w outline pages... ;_;

But haha, I just realized that I didn't post here in a long time (and I didn't reply in this thread either! omg)

If you were curious about what I said in that thread, here is translation XD

The "Butt Alchemy Circle" drawing up there likely originated from Mahoujin Guruguru.
It is the Magical Circle from Kita Kita Oyaji's butt XD See the truth here XD This page was probably drawn in in 1992/1993...
(before she started drawing FMA, Arakawa Hiromu was an assistant for Mahoujin Guruguru manga.)

Quote from Wikipedia: After her debute in 1999, she worked as an assistant of Etou Hiroyuki and then she started working herself. (http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/荒川弘)

What I'm curious about is, for which parts did Arakawa participate in Mahoujin Guruguru?
Mahoujin is a long series, so I think she participated in the mid-late part of it.

===

But yeah, I really want to know XD I have the whole set of Guruguru manga at home~ So I wonder if I can find traces of her XD Guruguru is from 1992-2003, so... yeah...

and those are not *just* Chinese scanlations... they are scans of the official Hong Kong version of FMA manga.
Sensenic
QUOTE(AA battery @ Nov 10 2008, 11:11 AM) *
If you were curious about what I said in that thread, here is translation XD

The "Butt Alchemy Circle" drawing up there likely originated from Mahoujin Guruguru.
It is the Magical Circle from Kita Kita Oyaji's butt XD See the truth here XD This page was probably drawn in in 1992/1993...
(before she started drawing FMA, Arakawa Hiromu was an assistant for Mahoujin Guruguru manga.)

Quote from Wikipedia: After her debute in 1999, she worked as an assistant of Etou Hiroyuki and then she started working herself. (http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/荒川弘)

What I'm curious about is, for which parts did Arakawa participate in Mahoujin Guruguru?
Mahoujin is a long series, so I think she participated in the mid-late part of it.

===

But yeah, I really want to know XD I have the whole set of Guruguru manga at home~ So I wonder if I can find traces of her XD Guruguru is from 1992-2003, so... yeah...

Oh, thanks.

As of late I'm starting to wonder...
Given this parody, that one with Al "zetsubou sh1taaaaaaaa"-ing and those 2 with the spanner on the cake/nails on the shoe, of which I saw a similar scene somewhere else too and I'm guessing it's a parody of some other well known shoujo manga...
Is it possible that the volumes' inner covers are all (or most) references to other manga/anime/popular culture elements?

If it's so, we (I, at least) have been missing them all this time, and I can't allow that! I must know what they refer to! _
(obsessive-compulsive personality XD )

EDIT:
There's also Kyoujin no Hoshi on Volume 16 happy.gif

QUOTE(AA battery @ Nov 10 2008, 11:11 AM) *
and those are not *just* Chinese scanlations... they are scans of the official Hong Kong version of FMA manga.

Ooops >.<
Should have taken a better look. happy.gifU

EDIT: Stoopid forum censorship. I wasn't even writing the word!
PrincessElir
QUOTE (stonehead @ Sep 14 2008, 12:27 PM) *
The English volumes are really coming out at a slow rate these days.

Volume 16 - somewhere in March, if I recall correctly
Volume 17 - 21-10-2008
Volume 18 - 31-05-2009 (source)

There could be two reasons for that:
- Viz had to slow down at some moment anyway, because they translated four chapters every two months
- they knew there would be a second anime and they probably do not want the manga to be too far ahead

Or both of them smile.gif

Viz releases the english every other month now.
tinlunlau
I thought Viz was supposed to release Volume 20 on September 15th...
Why don't I see it in book shelves yet?

If they keep testing my patience, I'm just gonna have to buy the Chinese versions of Volumes 20-22 instead.
edxwinryfan
QUOTE (tinlunlau @ Sep 26 2009, 12:11 PM) *

If they keep testing my patience, I'm just gonna have to buy the Chinese versions of Volumes 20-22 instead.

Yeah I can't find it either so my brother just ordered it online for me...
rzerox21xx
QUOTE (edxwinryfan @ Sep 26 2009, 10:59 AM) *
QUOTE (tinlunlau @ Sep 26 2009, 12:11 PM) *

Yeah I can't find it either so my brother just ordered it online for me...

Brought it on sep 17th when I went to atlanta for Anime weekend, it was in their barnes and nobles, had several copies so I don't know. maybe it sold out or something. I had Catlin Glass(winry american va) to sign it on the Winry/Rose conversation.

note to Edwin fans, the translation to Al teasing Winry about her face after hearing Rose saying she wants to see Ed. Al told winry, I thought you might be Jeal__ Rose say, you his __ Winry scream, childhood friend. (too embarassed to admit it to others I guess.)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.