Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ann Confirms New FMA Anime
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Alchemical
So the leak was true.

I'm speechless. blink.gif
Tris the Reaper
....oh.
My.
God.

That...is all.
Causmicfire
I really thought the rumor was going to prove to be false, but I guess not.

Wow.

I want it now!
AA battery
THEY BETTER NOT CHANGE THE VOICE ACTING CAST! I WANT KUGIMII AS ALPHONSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*ish extremely incredibly happy*

This news almost made me forget how sad Nabari no Ou chapter 50 was.

■[アニメ]荒川弘「鋼の錬金術師」TVアニメ新シリーズ始動! このエントリーを含むブックマーク

明日発売の原作最新20巻の帯にて正式発表。BONES流出資料の情報が正しければ、監督は入江泰浩氏?ちなみに、以前頂いた情報通りなら、内容は原作準拠のストーリーでの再アニメ化となり、1年シリーズで、来年4月より毎週日曜17時からMBS・TBS系列にて放送開始予定とのことですが。

It says it is going to be a one year long series (so around 52 episodes?) and it's gonna re-animate the original story. It should start airing in the coming April, on Sunday at 5pm (note: planned airing time, so I guess it's still subject to change...). The director is gonna be someone else (I dunno how to romanize that name), not Mizushima.
Edamame
Dear Lord! So the rumours did turn out to be true in the long run- I guess. Heh heh, now I feel a little foolish for being the cynic pessimist who thought that the posted rumours were nothing more than a load of crap. I have to say that I am actually pretty darn happy to hear this news, but I am also crossing my fingers that the series will live up to expectations. (I wonder if it is going to be entirely manga-based.) I am looking forward to hearing more information regarding this upcoming series. I really hope that they have the original voice seiyuus return in order to voice some of the main characters.
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(AA battery @ Aug 21 2008, 09:24 AM) *
THEY BETTER NOT CHANGE THE VOICE ACTING CAST! I WANT KUGIMII AS ALPHONSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AGREE HOWEVER IN ENGLISH THEY'D BETTER NOT GO BACK TO AARON, CONSIDERING... YANNO, PUBERTY AND STILL NO ACTING SKILLS.

DOING AWAY WITH MIGNONANANANAWHATSITSPELLED WOULD ALSO BE MUCH APPRECIATED BUT I MAY JUST BE BITTER THAT HE IS ALSO BEING HIRED TO VOICERAEP DEAR TAMAKI SO DON'T MIND MY CAPSLOCK.

(I said it four years ago and I'll say it again damit, Kimberly Grant for Alphonse!)

Either way, I'm happy over this. It could be godawful, but it could be super fun. Plus, the fandom should live longer.

Popogeejo
I wonder if they'll change the character models to be closer to the manga.
Toby-Chan
That would be fun too. I remember seeing a short animated TV spot advertising the manga on Youtube. The style was closer to the manga, and it was rather neat looking.
Winter Phantom
O_O

So,it was true.My heart's beating so fast...This news is absolutely amazing!
I would really like to see Ranfan and Who in animated version.
Matto-san
I hope it will be more like the manga, kinda like how hellsing ultimate was.
Sword Alchemist
QUOTE(AA battery @ Aug 21 2008, 11:24 AM) *

明日発売の原作最新20巻の帯にて正式発表。BONES流出資料の情報が正しければ、監督は入江泰浩氏?ちなみに、以前頂いた情報通りなら、内容は原作準拠のストーリーでの再アニメ化となり、1年シリーズで、来年4月より毎週日曜17時からMBS・TBS系列にて放送開始予定とのことですが。

It says it is going to be a one year long series (so around 52 episodes?) and it's gonna re-animate the original story. It should start airing in the coming April, on Sunday at 5pm (note: planned airing time, so I guess it's still subject to change...). The director is gonna be someone else (I dunno how to romanize that name), not Mizushima.

So it is going to follow the manga?
Josephine
Yeah, I did laps around my house this morning when I found out.

Then I accidentally posted a new thread on the same topic without realizing that this one existed. *is slow*
Sensenic
QUOTE(AA battery @ Aug 21 2008, 06:24 PM) *

Beware!

For If I got it right what you are quoting is a news entry from some other page...
And it reads "The 20th volume will announce a new FMA anime. If the information from the "BONES list" was true the director will be Forgot-his-name Irie. Furthermore if the information from before (dunno which one, probably that guy's webpage?) [/b]is true[/b] it will be for 1 year..." etc., everything you said.

It's a rough bad translation, but what I'm pointing out is that so far only the 2nd series has been confirmed, but not yet that it'll be a retelling of the manga.
(Here's the tag that came with volume 20 BTW:

It says "a new series", but not what will it be. And the link is only about the boxset...)

It's most probable it'll end up being such, as all other rumors were true, but it's still not confirmed yet. Be careful. happy.gif

And I'm guessing they'll keep the seiyuus, they always take a lot of care with that, don't they?
Tris the Reaper
They better not pull a Haruhi Suzumiya with this, announce it and divulge next to nothing about it in the months ahead. I WANT TO BE KEPT UP TO SPEED, DANGIT.
Kimi-N-Ed
ohmy.gif I was sooooooooo excited when i heard about it. I cant wait to see it happy.gif
AA battery
QUOTE(Sensenic @ Aug 21 2008, 05:09 PM) *
Beware!

For If I got it right what you are quoting is a news entry from some other page...
And it reads "The 20th volume will announce a new FMA anime. If the information from the "BONES list" was true the director will be Forgot-his-name Irie. Furthermore if the information from before (dunno which one, probably that guy's webpage?) [/b]is true[/b] it will be for 1 year..." etc., everything you said.

It's a rough bad translation, but what I'm pointing out is that so far only the 2nd series has been confirmed, but not yet that it'll be a retelling of the manga.
(Here's the tag that came with volume 20 BTW:

It says "a new series", but not what will it be. And the link is only about the boxset...)

It's most probable it'll end up being such, as all other rumors were true, but it's still not confirmed yet. Be careful. happy.gif

And I'm guessing they'll keep the seiyuus, they always take a lot of care with that, don't they?

Oh, right. I failed to notice that since I was overly excited... 2ch... need to add a grain of salt to that...

It would suck if it doesn't base off manga D:

It would still be nice if they start at where Ling appears, but then it wouldn't make sense, really. >_> Since a lot of the bits here and there changed in early anime already... the most notable one would be the 5th lab. It's like, completely different from manga... @_@; A large amount of red water technically never appeared in manga, right? Novel doesn't count.

It would be stupid if the new anime series is gonna be based off a novel >_> It would be awkward if it's a continuation of the movie... It's like wut, Ed and Al can't use alchemy anymore, so are they gonna have a new character to be the Fullmetal alchemist? @_@;;;; That would suck like Yugioh! GX (argh, do I even want to mention 5D's...) and MAR Omega...

/end rant.

D:
Razzy
Wow, I am so excited.
Like, super-duper excited. 8D

I'm hoping they'll base it on the manga, but whatever they decide to do with it will be interesting either way.
Popogeejo
I wonder if they'll work in the Roy vs Ed fight again.
I'm fine either way, if they re do it then hopefully they they will put a nice bit of budget not it and if they skip it it means less old ground to cover.
Sword Alchemist
QUOTE(AA battery @ Aug 21 2008, 10:01 PM) *
It would suck if it doesn't base off manga D:

It would still be nice if they start at where Ling appears, but then it wouldn't make sense, really. >_> Since a lot of the bits here and there changed in early anime already... the most notable one would be the 5th lab. It's like, completely different from manga... @_@; A large amount of red water technically never appeared in manga, right? Novel doesn't count.

It would be stupid if the new anime series is gonna be based off a novel >_> It would be awkward if it's a continuation of the movie... It's like wut, Ed and Al can't use alchemy anymore, so are they gonna have a new character to be the Fullmetal alchemist? @_@;;;; That would suck like Yugioh! GX (argh, do I even want to mention 5D's...) and MAR Omega...

/end rant.

D:

You're right, it would be rather awkward to continue after the movie. It would be a better idea to follow the manga.

asunder
here's a proper translation of the moonphase comments page from a friend of mine:

"To be officially announced on the cover of the 20th volume released tomorrow, If the information leaked from BONES is correct, it will be directed by irie yasuhiro; if the prior information is correct, it will be an anime adaptation true to the original, running for 1 year starting april of next year at 5 pm on mbs/tbs."
CodenameElizabeth
Hmmmm... Do not know if Want... :/

It's 2ch. Seriously. Nothing more than a "grain-of-salt" reaction here.

Sword Alchemist
QUOTE(asunder @ Aug 21 2008, 11:50 PM) *
here's a proper translation of the moonphase comments page from a friend of mine:

"To be officially announced on the cover of the 20th volume released tomorrow, If the information leaked from BONES is correct, it will be directed by irie yasuhiro; if the prior information is correct, it will be an anime adaptation true to the original, running for 1 year starting april of next year at 5 pm on mbs/tbs."

Thanks Asunder.

Popogeejo
It's 2ch. Seriously.

I'd be agreeing with you if it were 2chan but 2ch is a different beast altogether. 2ch makes love blossom on the bullet trains and gets Gainax staff to retire. It's generally a good source for info. So is moonphase.
Ailuro
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Aug 21 2008, 11:47 AM) *
I AGREE HOWEVER IN ENGLISH THEY'D BETTER NOT GO BACK TO AARON, CONSIDERING... YANNO, PUBERTY AND STILL NO ACTING SKILLS.

DOING AWAY WITH MIGNONANANANAWHATSITSPELLED WOULD ALSO BE MUCH APPRECIATED BUT I MAY JUST BE BITTER THAT HE IS ALSO BEING HIRED TO VOICERAEP DEAR TAMAKI SO DON'T MIND MY CAPSLOCK.

(I said it four years ago and I'll say it again damit, Kimberly Grant for Alphonse!)

Either way, I'm happy over this. It could be godawful, but it could be super fun. Plus, the fandom should live longer.

I agree with all of the above.
Tyan

I read the news and went crazy. I ran around my house and called my friend and told her about it (I basically yelled into the phone). Finally then I managed to calm down a bit xD

This is amazing. I'm very, VERY excited. I don't care if others are negative about it or don't like it because this is the second anime thingy. I'll go with what goes. If it sucks, I can accept it; I'm just so glad they're willing to give it a try.
The Mad Bomber
Oh praised be FMA! russian.gif Hopefully it will be an adaptation of the manga cause that`d be so much better I think, story and otherwise, especially because Kimbley would be far more kick-[All hail lord Xenu] than before in the anime.
natsu-hime
WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~

when i first saw the thread on the frontpage of the forum, i was like "uhh...okay? probably some kinda fraud or something" but clicking the link anyways. then...i open the link to ann.com and when i read through, my head was like, blank for a few seconds and scream "GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH~" and ran to my bed and do backflips and rolling around and jumping and screaming happily and singing the song GOOD! and so on and so on and my head goes like "MUST.CALL.CHI-CHAN!" (my tomodachi) and i was like ranting to her and blahblahblah....(oh, and my maids were all went to my room and questioning why i was screaming because they can hear it from downstairs. whoops)

hmmm...my thoughts areeeee....

1. whatever the storyline is, I DEMAND MORE ROYxRIZA SCENES and A MILITARY WEDDING OF ROY AND RIZA (slammed by brick by royXed fans)

2. DO NOT CHANGE THE JAPANESE SEIYUUS (I WANT PAKU ROMI-SAMA AND KUGYU-CHAN AND OOKAWA TORU AND NEYA MICHIKO AND FUJIWARA KEIJI!)

3. ...who's gonna replace aaron?

alrite...that is all...

and now my throat is sore because of all that screaming and ranting *faints*
~Kurenai~
my jaw is gaping open.

ohmy.gif

>"< Wow~!
Saving_Grace
Yeah, I'm not excited quite yet. Probably because there's not much known, and I have a bad feeling about this. I hope they keep the old cast.

I'm crossing my fingers and praying that they don't do a manga adaptation.

...God, I'm such a buzz kill.
Tombow

QUOTE(asunder @ Aug 22 2008, 12:50 AM) *

The translation asunder got is correct, and to be more precise, the Japanese article says its will be anime adaptatoion based on the ORIGINAL FMA STORY (in the book/original writing) meaning, it will be based on Arakawa-sensei's original FMA story.

It will be manga based.

*dances around like a maniac* ^^
Tris the Reaper
QUICK, SPECULATION, WHO WILL DO/SHOULD DO THE MANGA-ONLY CHARACTERS? BOTH JAPANESE AND ENGLISH [since this HAS to be licensed, FUNi will be downright batty if they don't]. ALSO, IF BROUGHT OVER HERE, WILL THEY GO WITH ORIGINAL NAMES FOR THE XINGIANS OR THE VIZIFIED NAMES [unless that's been fixed in recent volumes, not bought it since volume 11].

GO!
Popogeejo
Norio Wakamoto (Chiyo's dad in Azumanga, Emperor of Britannia in Code geass and Coach in Gunbuster) for everyone. Even Nina.
Petra
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
THANK YOOOOOOOOOOU
*screams*
I have been hoping and praying for this for who knows how many months! WHEN THEY DUB IT, VIC BETTER STILL DO ED. IF HE DOESN'T I WILL SET OUT TO KILL PEOPLE. I SWEAR. [/over dramatic]
I would scream irl but my family is taking a nap and....OH MAN I GOTTA GO TELL MY BRO.
Popogeejo
WHEN THEY DUB IT, VIC BETTER STILL DO ED. IF HE DOESN'T I WILL SET OUT TO KILL PEOPLE. I SWEAR. [/over dramatic]

Why do people like him so much? I'm sure he's a nice guy but he has all the acting ability of my foot.
Toby-Chan
He's a decent actor, but his voice is pure wrong for many characters he is cast to play, imo. As for being a nice guy, I can't say, as I don't know the guy, but I have heard various secondhand accounts of him being a tool to his fans, or just a tool in general. Again, I'm not fond of judging celebrities (or anyone) for personality when I have no personal experience with them, so I'd try not to make that the issue.

I mostly just don't understand why the crap he's so popular. Is it the pandering he does at cons with that single miniskirt line? Is it his generic Stinkoman 20X6 voice that just makes teenage girls squeal? Was he just in the right place at the right time to get all the roles that make girls go nuts over him?

Whatever. Romi is more appropriately voiced. (And way hotter but that's irrelevant to the situation.) Case closed.

Better on topic- this may be totally hypocritical of me go on to pick such a popular voice actor, but Mamoru Miyano should play Ling. He balances the goofy with the serious quite well.
Tris the Reaper
I myself have actually met Vic [ACen] in May, and from personal observation in the two-hour line and from talking to him face-to-face, he really is one of the nicest guys I've ever met. Now, I still don't know him on a personal level, so I cannot account for that...still, if his act towards his fans is just a facade, then maybe he's a better actor than people give him credit for. But he's really rather charismatic and whatnot to his fans. But I'm sure you all knew that.

As for his actual voice talent, I really don't mind his voice. He does kinda suffer from the "same-voice-for-everything" syndrome [like Yuri Lowenthal, Johnny Young Bosch, and Steven Blum, though they've all had recent roles that causes their voices to be significantly different from the norm *coughstevenblumasleeroncough*], but...I dunno. I personally have no qualms with it. If When it does become licensed, I'd really like for him to be the VA for Ed. I've just become too accustomed to it, and a change would kinda tick me off.

And, as for why he's so popular...just look around the site. So many usernames are "EDOKUN ILU" and variations thereof. The swarm of fangirls that exploded when FMA debuted over here, in turn, caused them to turn their attention towards the VA that voiced their bishounen "god"...thus, Vic skyrocketed with Edward. At least, that's my opinion.

...OKAY, that was a ramble. Sorry about that.

To answer my own question...Japanese voices, I really can't say, as I don't pay too much attention to seiyuu. Heck, I don't even know English VAs that could perform them yet. I just may need to re-read the volumes, though.
Little Washu
Yesss...VA discussion >w<

Personally for Lin/Ling/ whatever, I thought of Johny Young Bosch. I dunno, he sorta has that...look to him. For the little girl(Mei-chan was it?) maybe Jessica Boone(Chiyo-chan). Unless that's too sweet of a voice, though I never heard her other roles. Maybe Hilary Haag... As for Lan-fan/Ran-fan, hard to say. I think maybe Christine Auten? No wait, she was Izumi... if she does her Sakaki sort of voice then it sounds different. I would like for the military characters to keep their voices though, I think they did really well. Especially Hughes and Armstrong.
Sensenic
QUOTE(Tombow @ Aug 22 2008, 05:47 PM) *

QUOTE(asunder @ Aug 22 2008, 12:50 AM) *

The translation asunder got is correct, and to be more precise, the Japanese article says its will be anime adaptatoion based on the ORIGINAL FMA STORY (in the book/original writing) meaning, it will be based on Arakawa-sensei's original FMA story.

It will be manga based.

*dances around like a maniac* ^^

I insist, read the whole text.
I know moonphase is a reliable source, and it'll most probably end up being so, but remember that this "article" itself says if the info was true. There's a condition in there, nothing official yet.
asunder
I've already mentioned this in the post on the front page:
What we know: there's a new FMA anime going to be produced

everything else in the moonphase comments is based on rumors/unverified information.

also please leave discussion of potential voice actors to another thread. This new 'fma 2' forum is a bit empty, feel free to create a (non-spam) topic that you'd like to discuss.
Tombow
QUOTE(Sensenic @ Aug 22 2008, 06:38 PM) *
I know moonphase is a reliable source, and it'll most probably end up being so, but remember that this "article" itself says if the info was true. There's a condition in there, nothing official yet.

@Sensenic - We already know that from the translation asunder has posted. It already said "if the prior information is correct" in the translation. smile.gif

Since you seem mistook my post, let me clarify that I was responding to the post above mine that was saying that hope that it would be anime based. Hence I clarified about that part since I thought that particular part of the translation might benefit from farther clarification. But, since asunder already posted whole translation I didn't see the need to post my whole translation. smile.gif

I'm still very much excited about the possibility of manga based FMA amnime, since I and others talked about that many times. ^^
Sensenic
QUOTE(Tombow @ Aug 23 2008, 12:55 AM) *
QUOTE(Sensenic @ Aug 22 2008, 06:38 PM) *

@Sensenic - We already know that from the translation asunder has posted. It already said "if the prior information is correct" in the translation. smile.gif
I was responding to the post above mine that was saying that hope that it would be anime based. Hence I clarified about that part since I thought that particular part of the translation might need farther clarification. But, since asunder already posted the whole translation I didn't see the need to post my whole translation. smile.gif

I'm still very much excited about the possibility of manga based FMA amnime, since I and others talked about that many times. ^^

Yes, but I guess that Saving_Grace said that precisely because it's not certain yet.

Rebuting her speculation/hope post with another speculation changes nothing. happy.gif;
(Even if that moonphase's article is most probably true)

And since you put "It will be" quick-reading people might get the wrong idea.
Just trying to keep down the hype level. tongue.gif
Tombow
QUOTE(Sensenic @ Aug 22 2008, 07:09 PM) *
Rebuting her speculation/hope post with another speculation changes nothing. happy.gif;

You still missed my point. I wasn't rebutting on whether it was true or not. I was pointing out the poster's possible misunderstanding of the translation and therefore thinking that it might be anime based, by farther clarifying that particular part of the translation.

QUOTE(Sensenic @ Aug 22 2008, 07:09 PM) *
Just trying to keep down the hype level. tongue.gif

Ah, then, appreciate your efforts. smile.gif

Although personally, since we haven't had any "new" news on FMA anime for a long time, I'm enjoying being hyped with this news. ^^
Fushi
Extremely weary of this. B|

If they're going to be "true to the manga" then I don't see how they can avoid it feeling really rehashed and/or going badly. That's not to say I don't think there should be a manga adaptation I just don't think it should be done by BONES. I'd rather a prequel from them. (or preferably, not a tv series at all, just some oavs or something but alas)

Either way, I'm not excited. 8|
Little Washu
QUOTE(Fushigi Rockna @ Aug 22 2008, 04:32 PM) *
That's not to say I don't think there should be a manga adaptation I just don't think it should be done by BONES.

Maybe by SHAFT then? No, maybe they're too comedic. Bones is alright, in my book.
Fushi
QUOTE(Little Washu @ Aug 22 2008, 05:36 PM) *
QUOTE(Fushigi Rockna @ Aug 22 2008, 04:32 PM) *
That's not to say I don't think there should be a manga adaptation I just don't think it should be done by BONES.

Maybe by SHAFT then? No, maybe they're too comedic. Bones is alright, in my book.

You missed the point of what I was saying. BONES is a fantastic studio. But if they do a retcon of FMA it's not going to feel fresh or new. I'd rather see a different studio try their own take on FMA. it would be far more interesting.
Popogeejo
I really don't see why people are complaining that a new series will be back tracking. Any adaptation will be doing that anyway so it may as well be BONEs. It's not like you weren't going to see the episodes again anyway when you re-watched the first FMA.
Tris the Reaper
I think what Fushi means is that she'd rather it see it redone by another studio, for a fresher outlook on it. Kinda like if someone took a book and wrote it their way, giving it a new perspective. [in b4 fanfiction] Rehashed episodes are unavoidable, either way.

Or I could be wrong altogether, I dunno. Either way, I'm happy.
Izumi Sensai
I'm happy to hear that the rumors are now confirmed.
Now to sit back and see what happens.
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Tris the Reaper @ Aug 23 2008, 01:11 AM) *
I think what Fushi means is that she'd rather it see it redone by another studio, for a fresher outlook on it.

I get that, but I've seen a lot of people complaining about the the amount of old ground a new series will inevitably retrace.

FMA is what, 6 years old? Probably 7 now. I'm sure BONEs has come on in animation quality since then. A new series should look fresh and different enough not to be a real problem.
Maybe I'm just being oddly optimistic though.

I can't really think of any other studio that could do the series. Madhouse maybe, but then everything will be very dark and anything in the background will look stupid.
asunder
some rumors floating on 2ch that this is might be a joint between BONES and Doga Kobo
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.