Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anime/manga Review Section
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Site Support Center > Member Requests and Suggestions
Popogeejo
<We now have Let's discuss your fav manga series here! sub-forum and Let's discuss your fav anime series here! sub-forum smile.gif >

Okay, people talk about anime and manga here about as often as I punch the Queen of England (saying what you watched last doesn't count.)
Despite this it's clear that people have opinions on series.

What do you want to do about this, Popo?
Make a subforum in both a the anime and manga sections where people can post reviews on series.

Sounds like a troll fest waiting to happen
Well it is my idea so that's a given.

Seriously, what's to stop this becoming nothing but "naruto rockz!" threads?
There would be a set standard for the threads. Minimum word count, "valid" points must be made and reason should be given. The rest of the review is down to the individual. The presentation and style is all down to them.
People can review whole series, single episodes, maybe even characters.

Why would this warrant it's own section?
If it stays in the anime/manga section people may feel nervous abut making new threads when one already exists for the series. It also stops clutter if we get more than one review on a single series.

If nothing else these could get some kind of discussion going. We all watch series and none of us, me included, seem to talk about it in the threads. Maybe a place where we can just unleash our opinions would generate some kind of conversation. Plus there negative reviews where feelings get hurt. Those will be fun to watch.
Little Washu
I vote yes~

Sounds interesting.
asunder
I talked with paladin about this.

If there's a *need* for a place for reviews then such a place will be created.

for now though, it might be a good idea to start coming up with a standard review template and requirements
then have "REVIEW:" prefixed on the topic title for every review topic posted. Once there's a sufficient amount of reviews posted, a review subforum would make sense.
Popogeejo
If there's a *need* for a place for reviews then such a place will be created.

Swish.

for now though, it might be a good idea to start coming up with a standard review template and requirements

I'll cook up something but I want to encourage people to find their own style for these things.

have "REVIEW:" prefixed on the topic title for every review topic posted. Once there's a sufficient amount of reviews posted, a review subforum would make sense.

Sounds good to me. Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.