Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hidamari Sketch (and Hidamari Sketch X365)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime > Let's discuss your fav anime series here!
Little Washu
Hidamari Sketch (ひだまりスケッチ Hidamari Suketchi?, also known as Sunshine Sketch) anime was produced by the animation studio Shaft and aired in Japan between January 11 and March 29, 2007. A two-episode addition aired on television on October 18, 2007.
(Source - Wiki)

I didn't see the topic so...

Hidamari Sketch is about a girl named Yuno(Yunocchi) who moves into an apartment so she can go to an art academy. Her friend, Miyako(Miya-chan), is a little weird. She's constantly using Yuno's bath and eating her leftovers. Her apartment costs a bit less than the others because it's so...bad.

Then there are their friends who are, I believe, 1 year above them. Hiro is good around the house and a good cook, but watch what you say about her weight. And Sae is a novelist who is always considerably close with her deadlines.

There's also a mix of other great characters like their teacher Yoshinoya-sensei, a cosplay maniac, and the principal.

Genres: comedy, slice of life
Themes: art, moe
Episodes: 12
Age Rating: PG

Hidamari Sketch X365 Original run 2008-07-03 ∼ 2008-09-25. (Source)

Plot Summary: After passing her entrance exam, Yuno enrols at Yamabuki High School as part of an art degree. She stays at the Hidamari Apartments along with best friend Miyako, and seniors Hiro and Sae. Each episode follows a day in her life as she mingles with her friends, close peers, overly hyper teachers and closely follows the mundane lives of the high school girls. (Note: This season also takes place in Yuno's first year at high school, and overlaps with season one of the show)

Genres: comedy, slice of life
Themes: art, moe
Episodes: 13
Age Rating: PG
(Source - ANN)
Popogeejo

TL note: Lilies = Yuri

I am very fond of this show.

Some things Washu didn't mention:
each season is 12 eps long, the second of which is currently airing and there are two OVA episodes, the Summer specials.
Little Washu
QUOTE(Popogeejo @ Aug 17 2008, 07:01 PM) *

TL note: Lilies = Yuri

I am very fond of this show.

Some things Washu didn't mention:
each season is 12 eps long, the second of which is currently airing and there are two OVA episodes, the Summer specials.

Ah yes, I did forget that ^^U

*in the manga, the yuri is mentioned quite a bit.

The opening theme song(s) are really great as well, as the the endings. My personal favorite is the opening for season one~
Popogeejo
Seeing Hidamari anime remains unlicensed (Yen Press are doing a great job with the manga BTW) here is where you can get both series and OVA;
http://a.scarywater.net/spoonsubs/
[gg] did the first series DVD editions but I have only been able to find IRC downloads for those.
xXdark_angel_nekoXx
wow i remember that show. it has been a while since i saw it. now i know what i am going to watch the next time that i am bored and have nothing to do.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.