Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pokémon Platinum
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Game
Pages: 1, 2
Meitantei Conan
Hey Sora here.

Well I've seen Pokemon Threads here, But not a Platinum one.

Well Nintendo made a new game "Pokemon Platinum", Its the 3rd Game of the Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, Like How Yellow is to Blue and Red. Well Platinum is gonna be with Giratina, But Giratina is in his new Forme Origin Forme, so is Shaymin, Shaymin's new Form is Sky Forme But you can Change Shaymin Sky to Land(Original) forme, Differnet Sprite for the Game. New Clothes, and I think there is one new Gym leader taking place another from Diamond and Pearl, Regice Registeel and Regirock will be in there as well. Something new in the GTS(Im not sure what tho) and New Wi-fi Features(Im not for sure either) But with more in fo go to Serebii.net(this isnt Clickable), or the Original Website Pokemon.co.jp thanks.

-Sora-

Little Washu
I have heard of this ohmy.gif

I should go check when it comes out. It sounds so awesome~

EDIT:
Wiki article
Meitantei Conan
QUOTE(Little Washu @ Jul 20 2008, 09:24 PM) *
I have heard of this ohmy.gif

I should go check when it comes out. It sounds so awesome~

EDIT:
Wiki article

Yea, Its gonna come Sept 08 In Japan, I dont the actually dates
Naivete
You mean there's another one? huh.gif

Wouldn't this be the 5th generation already? You'd think they might stop by now, but I guess if the idiots fans keep buying...
o.O
Meitantei Conan
QUOTE(baKa-neKoh @ Jul 20 2008, 10:22 PM) *
You mean there's another one? huh.gif

Wouldn't this be the 5th generation already? You'd think they might stop by now, but I guess if the idiots fans keep buying...
o.O

Um.. No. Its still the 4th Generation, Its just the 3rd Game of the DP Series. Like how Ruby and Shappire has Emerald, and Yellow is the 3rd game of Blue and Red, so its Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. so its D/P/P. So its still the 4th Generation
Naivete
Same thing. All I wanted to get across was that Pokemon is becoming horribly repetitive. The only thing the new games have got going for them is the fact that they take advantage of the latest gaming console's newest features.
Precis
WHY DIDN'T SOMEONE TELL ME ABOUT THIS SOONER?! D:

I am most definitely interested. (Not a huge fan of Giratina though. Palkia ftw. xD)
Ailuro
QUOTE(Sora The Key to Light @ Jul 20 2008, 10:17 PM) *
Well Nintendo made a new game "Pokemon Platinum", Its the 3rd Game of the Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, Like How Yellow is to Blue and Red. Well Platinum is gonna be with Giratina, But Giratina is in his new Forme Origin Forme, so is Shaymin, Shaymin's new Form is Sky Forme But you can Change Shaymin Sky to Land(Original) forme, Differnet Sprite for the Game. New Clothes, and I think there is one new Gym leader taking place another from Diamond and Pearl, Regice Registeel and Regirock will be in there as well. Something new in the GTS(Im not sure what tho) and New Wi-fi Features(Im not for sure either) But with more in fo go to Serebii.net(this isnt Clickable), or the Original Website Pokemon.co.jp thanks.

It's the what with the who and the where? blink.gif
Yeah, I didn't understand like half of what you're talking about there.
Meitantei Conan
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Jul 21 2008, 01:54 PM) *

haha sorry not good at explaining things, save the time just to look it up at Wikipedia, or the actually website.

Pretty Much it has so new Features that DP didnt have, Sorry for the confusion sleep.gif;
Colette
I'll probably end up buying it since I hate money so much.
Little Washu
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Jul 21 2008, 02:54 PM) *

Let me see if I can explain better. The first games released were red and blue. Then yellow. And yellow had newer features. A better example would be gold, silver and crystal. Crystal had newer features like moving sprites, better colors, and is the first game with the option to choose a male or female character. So it'll be the same, but with better features, and feature some additional pokemon.
Popogeejo
I think we understood the concept of Pokemon Yellow, Crystal and Emerald. What may be confusing is all the talk about Giratina and Shaymin, misspelling "form" and grammar that leaves me completely lost.
It's like Sora got over excited and tried to fit everything into one garbled sentence.
Little Washu
Maybe I can try to explain that then. The cover pokemon, Giratina, will have a new form, apparently called 'origin'. And Shaymin, another critter resembling a chia pet, will have a new form called 'sky', and is apparently interchangeable with it's 'land' form. Among those will be new sprites, and new clothes for your character.

At this point, I just wish that instead of making new pokemon, regions and stuff, they'd make a remake of crystal, which was by far the best, like they did with red, blue and yellow(which are leaf green and fire red).
Ailuro
QUOTE(Popogeejo @ Jul 24 2008, 12:15 PM) *
I think we understood the concept of Pokemon Yellow, Crystal and Emerald. What may be confusing is all the talk about Giratina and Shaymin, misspelling "form" and grammar that leaves me completely lost.
It's like Sora got over excited and tried to fit everything into one garbled sentence.

Exactly. Popo and I are on the same wavelength.
Tris the Reaper
QUOTE(Popogeejo @ Jul 24 2008, 02:15 PM) *

Like that's different from any other post of his? laugh.gif

I'm a Giratina-tard. So I'll be getting this fo' sho'.
Mat-Mat
So, they're making a new game for Pokemon? That'll be interesting. On the wikipedia site, they only listed the Japanese release date? Are they still deciding when the U.S. release will be? I'm just curious...I have to agree with Little Washu. Crystal was an amazing Pokemon game, especially when it first came out. It's still a great game to play. smile.gif
Little Washu
^My rough estimate of a release date would be sometime late next year, late fall early winter perhaps, if they get it to the US quick enough.

But I think that that they should just make this the last generation, then make the crystal remake. Johto was my favorite, and I'd love to start with a chikorita again...
Mat-Mat
Alright, thanks for that rough estimate. I really think the crystal remake would be interesting. My mom sold my silver and gold games at Game Stop, and I really missed my Zippo. (Cyndaquil) sad.gif
Popogeejo
But I think that that they should just make this the last generation

That's like asking Sunrise or Gainax to stop making Gundam and Eva merchandise. The sun will turn into icecream before that.
Ailuro
QUOTE(Popogeejo @ Jul 24 2008, 02:28 PM) *
That's like asking Sunrise or Gainax to stop making Gundam and Eva merchandise. The sun will turn into icecream before that.

That would be an amazing flavor, or interesting at least. Seriously, pure energy flavored ice cream.

But I digress. I'm gonna have to agree with Popo on this. They're gonna squeeze every cent out of this franchise, despite how awful the future products may become.
Mat-Mat
If they know how bad their products are going to be, then why do they make us suffer? I know the Pokemon franchise is probably one of the biggest in anime, but their coming up with some of craziest things in the show and game. I would have to say that the best generation was the first generation. It was simple pokemon and everyone nearly got into it. Now, it's like their just garbeling pokemon into what I call a big hellhole now. mellow.gif
Popogeejo
If they know how bad their products are going to be, then why do they make us suffer?

Well:
1: The proper pokemon games (none of that ranger and mystery dungeon rubbish) have be consistently well received.
2: People keep buying them = no incentive to stop selling them.
3: Nobody is forcing you to buy them so they can hardly be said to be making you suffer.
Little Washu
Well as long as they keep the general idea, rpg kind, then I'm fine. But you have to give them credit, even when you think there's just about every kind of pokemon, they come up with something new, and no one really complains. And I do rather like the new pokemon. But I'm still hoping for a game in which you start out in Kanto, then go on to whatever. I guess I just really wanna play a Johto remake.
Tris the Reaper
I'm with Popo...if it sells, why stop? The games aren't really that bad. I mean, in comparison to these other RPGs on the market, they're pretty mediocre...but by itself, they're fun to play. Great way to kill 50 something hours.
Little Washu
QUOTE(Tris the Reaper @ Jul 25 2008, 04:31 PM) *
Great way to kill 50 something hours.

And even more than that if you're truly dedicated to your pokeymans.

Speaking of which, about those Shaymin and Giratina things:

Shaymin

Normal

Ch-ch-ch-chia...

Sky form

Giratina

Normal

Origin form
Ailuro
So are forms similar to evolutions or something? Do you use a stone? huh.gif
Mat-Mat
I think that the original forms for Girantina and Shaymin are on Pokemon Diamond and Pearl while the Sky Form of Shaymin and the Origin Form or Girantina can be found on the new game. I know the part about Girantina is right (have it) but I'm not really sure about Shaymin. mellow.gif
Little Washu
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Jul 29 2008, 01:00 PM) *
So are forms similar to evolutions or something? Do you use a stone? huh.gif

Not exactly. I'm guess it depends on certain conditions. Like the Pokemon 'Castform'. If it's raining, it gets a rain form, if it's sunny it gets a sun form. Something like that, I'd assume.
Precis
QUOTE(Little Washu @ Jul 29 2008, 02:47 AM) *
QUOTE(Tris the Reaper @ Jul 25 2008, 04:31 PM) *
Great way to kill 50 something hours.

And even more than that if you're truly dedicated to your pokeymans.

*spent over 200 hours on Pearl* blush.gif

Origin form

YESSS. I WANTS IT. :3

...Shaymin is cute too, but that's just pure awesome. cool.gif
Little Washu
I like Shaymin too. In Japan, they're making a movie with those two Pokemon, or something like that. I hope there will be a way to get Darkrai and Arceaus(or whatever it is) in these new games.
Mat-Mat
I wish they would do that too. Ever since I saw the movie about Darkrai, I really have been wanting him/her. I don't know if they'll be making a gender for it or it will be like most of the legendaries where it's no gender. Shaymin looks cooler in its Sky Mode, whenever this game comes out, I'll get it. happy.gif
Little Washu
Character art from platinum:

Lucas(male protagonist)

Dawn(female protagonist)

I wonder why they're wearing outfits for winter? I guess we'll just have to see~
Ailuro
QUOTE(Little Washu @ Aug 5 2008, 05:01 PM) *
Lucas(male protagonist)

Frenchie!
Little Washu
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Aug 6 2008, 02:37 AM) *
QUOTE(Little Washu @ Aug 5 2008, 05:01 PM) *
Lucas(male protagonist)

Frenchie!

That was my first thought as well XD.

Rival from Platinum

He definitely changes the least.
Original Design

It just seems as if they all put on winter coats. Maybe a freak snow-storm hits *Sinnoh?

*For those of you who don't know, that's the current region.
Tris the Reaper
QUOTE(Little Washu @ Aug 6 2008, 11:33 AM) *
It just seems as if they all put on winter coats. Maybe a freak snow-storm hits *Sinnoh?

QUOTE('Bulbapedia')
Lucas, Dawn, and Pearl will have different outfits designed for colder weather, apparently due to Sinnoh's climate suddenly dropping in temperature.
Little Washu
QUOTE(Tris the Reaper @ Aug 6 2008, 10:51 AM) *
QUOTE('Bulbapedia')
Lucas, Dawn, and Pearl will have different outfits designed for colder weather, apparently due to Sinnoh's climate suddenly dropping in temperature.

I see... I think I rather like their winter outfits. Though, Dawn doesn't look too prepared for cold with that skirt. Then again, the characters never did, like Misty wearing that little outfit despite the temperature.
Precis
Ooh, Hikari's new design looks awesome. happy.gif But yeah, that skirt isn't exactly going to help her keep warm.

QUOTE(Mat-Mat @ Aug 1 2008, 08:06 AM) *
I wish they would do that too. Ever since I saw the movie about Darkrai, I really have been wanting him/her.

Concur. I want a Darkrai too~~
Little Washu
QUOTE(Precis @ Aug 6 2008, 11:42 PM) *
QUOTE(Mat-Mat @ Aug 1 2008, 08:06 AM) *
I wish they would do that too. Ever since I saw the movie about Darkrai, I really have been wanting him/her.

Concur. I want a Darkrai too~~

Try checking Seribii.comn(I think that's how it's spelled). It might say if it's available in Platinum.
Popogeejo
http://www.serebii.net/
Meitantei Conan
I know I started this thread, But I havent done any searches of it lately because the up coming KHReCoM and the other KH titles.

Has anyone found out the release date of the American version of this Pokemon game?
Little Washu
^Judging from the Japanese release date, I'm guessing late next year, maybe early 2010?
Meitantei Conan
QUOTE(Little Washu @ Sep 25 2008, 06:34 AM) *
^Judging from the Japanese release date, I'm guessing late next year, maybe early 2010?

Seem alittle to long cause Japan already got the game.
Little Washu
But you also have to think that it took a whole year just for us to get Diamond and Pearl. So I guess late 2009.
Meitantei Conan
QUOTE(Little Washu @ Sep 25 2008, 03:18 PM) *
But you also have to think that it took a whole year just for us to get Diamond and Pearl. So I guess late 2009.

Well true. We will see when it does. =/
Drakeneo
I dunno about the rest of you but I'm getting really sick of the format for the pokemon games. I mean honestly its basically the same thing over and over again its like drawing the same card 4 times in a game of poker (I know this is impossible to do). I am a big fan of the DP series of the games but I am NOT going to get Platinum because I'm not going to support this repeating format. I strongly recommend for the people who enjoy/like playing pokemon to do the same.
Little Washu
QUOTE(Drakeneo @ Oct 15 2008, 03:36 AM) *
I dunno about the rest of you but I'm getting really sick of the format for the pokemon games. I mean honestly its basically the same thing over and over again its like drawing the same card 4 times in a game of poker (I know this is impossible to do). I am a big fan of the DP series of the games but I am NOT going to get Platinum because I'm not going to support this repeating format. I strongly recommend for the people who enjoy/like playing pokemon to do the same.

I highly doubt that boycotting them with a few other folks will change the format.

Personally, I love it. For hand-held games, I think the format works well. Though like I mentioned, a remake of the Johto series would be much appreciated, but I'm fine with what they give us.
Artixte
I really far behind in the pokemon playing in games sleep.gif I just don't have the $$$ for it. But I'm hoping to myself that I would eventually get to it sometime... I know it looks like they are kind of overdoing it but I don't think this Pokemon trend is going to die any time soon, not for a LONG while. Plus, I actually like the games. RPG/adventure games are my favorite kind of games, so I don't think I'm gonna be sick of the Poke-games for a long bit of time.
Meitantei Conan
I've played this on Emulators, and Its pretty good I Have to say.

Has anyone found out the Release date for North America yet?
Kevin92394
QUOTE (Sora The Key to Light @ Nov 22 2008, 07:23 PM) *
I've played this on Emulators, and Its pretty good I Have to say.

Has anyone found out the Release date for North America yet?

I don't think they have an official release date yet.
Meitantei Conan
Release Date for The U.S. is March 22 09.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.