Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thread For AlxMei Fans!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
Pages: 1, 2, 3
RoyxRizaFan
Well, as far as I can tell there hasn't been a thread made for this couple yet...some people support them a lot and others don't believe its cannon or that it would work because of the age difference. Let me know what you think!

I for one love the couple because Al needs some love wink.gif and they seem really cute in my opinion.

Maybe if anyone has any fanworks (fics, art, vids etc) for the couple you could post them here, too, because I'd love to see them!

Thanks! biggrin.gif
Edamame
RoyXRizaFan, although I am a self proclaimed Edwin fan, I have to say that I find the pairing between Alphonse and Mei to be absolutely adorable. I find Mei's romantic fantasies about both the brothers hilarious. I found it rather bizarre that there was no thread dedicated to Edward and Winry let alone a thread dedicated to Alphonse and Mei. I have been combing the internet for artwork and the like, but I have to admit that I found hardly anything. I did manage to find a beautiful Japanese fan-art site dedicated to the pairing, but I can't find the URL. (Figures...) I'll have to try and find it again.
CodenameElizabeth
Do I consider Al X Mei canon?
HELLZ YES.

Right up there w/ EdXWin, RoyxRiza, HohoxTrisha, etc etc.

ADORABLE. <3 Meichan.
RoyxRizaFan
Thanks for all the votes and comments! I'm happy to see the majority of readers are pro-AlMei...

Though I'm worried about Mei as of late, since she vanished with a homicidal, manipulative shrimp...

But at least her and Al were standing close on the chess board picture for 85! *does hyper fangirl dance*
CodenameElizabeth
QUOTE(RoyxRizaFan @ Jul 15 2008, 12:15 PM) *
But at least her and Al were standing close on the chess board picture for 85! *does hyper fangirl dance*

I noticed that too...as well as the little Xiao-Mei with her...
Saving_Grace

Am I the only one that thinks he's a little old for her? I mean, the little fantasies and the crush she has are absolutely adorable, but she's what? Nine? I can't really take them seriously as a couple because she's so young, and also because it's kind of paedophilia...

When she hits 18, though, they should totally have babies. laugh.gif tongue.gif
qaghou
What's the age of Al ?
I know that Mei is 12 years old but if Al is between 14 and 16 years old, it will not be a problem for them to be together.
BUT ! If Al is more than 18 years old... THAT will be arkward...

I've to agree with you all, the two of them are cute togheter. biggrin.gif
RoyxRizaFan
Al's 14 and I'm pretty sure you're right about Mei's age, she's either 11 or 12.
Saving_Grace
QUOTE(RoyxRizaFan @ Jul 19 2008, 09:30 AM) *
Al's 14 and I'm pretty sure you're right about Mei's age, she's either 11 or 12.

A you sure? I could have sworn she was nine or ten. She definitely looks it. Not to mention Al's refers to her as a "little girl" a few times.
RoyxRizaFan
you sure? I could have sworn she was nine or ten. She definitely looks it. Not to mention Al's refers to her as a "little girl" a few times.

Nope, not sure biggrin.gif Just guessing because I can't really see a nine year old being so advanced in alchemy and being able to cross that desert herself. Her age has never been specified, so i guess there's no real way of knowing.
CodenameElizabeth
Yeah. They are both incredibly young, so it's pretty much just a puppy-love kind of dynamic, but still. The pairing is cute as heck IMO.

(D'AWWW... ADOLESCENT CRUSHES!!!) wub.gif
FmaRulz111
I don't support it.
RoyxRizaFan
WOOHOO! My hundreth post!

Well, here is my first AlxMei fanfiction! There are going to be three chapters. This is the first one.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4452496/1/Countdown_to_Midnight

Anzu Mazaki
I feel like there should be a "maybe" option for the poll because at this point there doesn't seem to be enough interaction between the two to show whether its a possible relationship...^^ I think it would be a cute running-gag and I do agree Al needs more love but there doesn't seem to be, at this point, any serious happening.
RoyxRizaFan
^ True, not much is happening that's too serious with AlxMei yet. I'm still waiting hopefully, though!

So, the new anime is on the way, and Im wondering what you guys think will happen with Al and Mei in there. Do you think it'll show up? What do you hope to see? I really hope it's in there, personally. I'd love to see Mei's daydreams animated and that adorable hugging scene in chap eighty or so
Cece
I love a and Mei. i think they're the cutest thing since...I don't know they're just cute together. laugh.gif
Hagaren_4ever
~ Alxmei Fanlisting, Who likes the pricess and her knight in shining armor? ~

A thread for AlxMei lovers. If you want to discuss their relationship, inquire within. Fan art, Fan fictions, and Doujinshi are also welcome. smile.gif
Tombow
@Hagaren_4ever - Ahem... Thread for Al x Mei fans!. biggrin.gif

Merged thread.
kkg22104
Wow, this thread's been pretty dead...well I guess this'll bump it up XD

Anyway, I think Al and Mei are really cute together, but I'm not sure if it's as obvious or cannon as EdxWin and Royai are. Still, I had to vote "yes" on the poll. happy.gif

We haven't really seen Al or Mei lately in FMA, have we? I don't even remember where Mei is...
Kirara
Aww Al/Mei just doesn't get the same type of love as Royai and Edwin. Of course I can understand because Royai and Edwin have much more development. But I do have a soft spot for Al/Mei. In fact I liked it when Mei was still pining after Ed.

But anyways yes I think its canon or at least one sided canon. Mei has made her feelings for Al pretty clear. Al however has not made his feelings clear. Personally I don't think Al knows what he feels. But unlike Ed, Al is a pretty cool guy so he takes things calmly. Thus when Winry teases him about Mei he doesn't go ballistic like Ed would.

I also think there is a possibility that Al thinks Mei is a cute kid and doesn't see her like that at all. However I think there will be a twist that Mei is a lot older than she looks.

Finally another roadblock to their relationship is location. Al is from Amestris and Mei is from Xing. So unless they want a long distance relationship someone will have to move. It would definitely be cute so see Al exchanging letters with Mei at the end. I think that would be enough for me.
kkg22104
QUOTE (Kirara @ Jun 19 2009, 07:37 AM) *
...I also think there is a possibility that Al thinks Mei is a cute kid and doesn't see her like that at all. However I think there will be a twist that Mei is a lot older than she looks.

Finally another roadblock to their relationship is location. Al is from Amestris and Mei is from Xing. So unless they want a long distance relationship someone will have to move. It would definitely be cute so see Al exchanging letters with Mei at the end. I think that would be enough for me.

About the age thing...I've heard people arguing that Mei could be anywhere from nine to twelve. I don't have any of the character guides, so I don't know if it gives an exact age or not. It's not all based on how she "looks" though, she behaves like a little kid XD (Maybe she's just immature for her age tongue.gif)

Oh, I hope that Al with move to Xing with Mei, just like I've read in several fanfics now happy.gif
Kirara
QUOTE (kkg22104 @ Jun 19 2009, 05:32 AM) *
About the age thing...I've heard people arguing that Mei could be anywhere from nine to twelve. I don't have any of the character guides, so I don't know if it gives an exact age or not. It's not all based on how she "looks" though, she behaves like a little kid XD (Maybe she's just immature for her age tongue.gif)

Her age has never been announced anywhere not in the manga or character guides. So it's all just speculation.

And I don't think Mei acts like a little kid at all except maybe during scenes that are meant to be silly. She is an expert in her country's alchemy and she traveled across a desert into another country by herself to find the secret of immortality to help her tribe. That takes a lot of independence and certainly not something I could see from a little kid.
Hagaren_4ever
May I have permission to say, "Hell yes"? tongue.gif

I love this pairing, as you can probably see from my signature, and I really think that there's gonna be more development with it before the series is through. I mean, Mei is just kinda hanging around now, not doing anything. I'm sure she's gonna participate in the battles that are happening around her soon enough. And I think Al is headed to that place, and well, when Al and Mei are in the same place, there's bound to be AlxMei. tongue.gif
Forsaken Love
Mei's age hasn't been stated anywhere and I have a feeling shes a lot older than she looks, she has knowledge in rendanshu that id say is very advanced for her age, traverled by herself to Amesttrias. I'd place a bet at least 11, but I'm thinking more 12 or 13. Al is 14-15, (depending on which part of the story, ed was 'nearly' 16, like 55chapters ago or something, and according to wikipedia XD) an age gap of 3-4 years at most but in my opinion likely less, and that may be a bit noticable in the teens but afterwards thats not really very noticable at all. And yes i LOVE this pairing, I think its completly adorable. And Al needs some love! All the other male leeds have love interests, edwin, royai and ling and ranfan too. I completley support this pairing, and really hope there will be more development between the two and did i say its SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE! *squeel*
Haru0496
QUOTE (RoyxRizaFan @ Aug 29 2008, 07:45 AM) *
^ True, not much is happening that's too serious with AlxMei yet. I'm still waiting hopefully, though!

So, the new anime is on the way, and Im wondering what you guys think will happen with Al and Mei in there. Do you think it'll show up? What do you hope to see? I really hope it's in there, personally. I'd love to see Mei's daydreams animated and that adorable hugging scene in chap eighty or so

yeah i like to see Mei's daydreams! preety funny~ haha
Miss MP
QUOTE (Kirara @ Jun 19 2009, 05:37 AM) *
It would definitely be cute so see Al exchanging letters with Mei at the end. I think that would be enough for me.

I think I would die of the massive amount of cuteness that holds.
Hagaren_4ever
But did you hear? In this new game that's coming out, (which follow the manga/brotherhood storyline) there's a rumor that Al gets a lady friend. But because it's one of the games we know that's she's bound to die anyway.
Sannom
QUOTE ("Hagaren_4ever")
But did you hear? In this new game that's coming out, (which follow the manga/brotherhood storyline) there's a rumor that Al gets a lady friend.

I've seen the images, and I think it's way beyond a rumor : those pics clearly show that the two have a good relationship and that Al is most likely the one she prefers to hang with. It made me smile to see Al have such a good role for once.
rzerox21xx
QUOTE (RoyxRizaFan @ Jun 28 2008, 02:08 PM) *
....Maybe if anyone has any fanworks (fics, art, vids etc) for the couple you could post them here, too, because I'd love to see them!

Thanks! biggrin.gif

Here you go, found this japanese site that has Almei fanart as well as Edwin, royai, and lingfan.

http://ranbluemoon.harisen.jp/
RoyxRizaFan
Wow, awesome to see people posting in this thread again. I was losing hope in the AlxMei fandom *sigh*

I've really missed Al and Mei lately, and I'm hoping that they'll come back soon...I worry about Mei because she's going to be the first alchemist to reach Father Dude's lair, but she's tough despite her size so I'll try not to worry too much. Besides, the others are close behind.

Thanks for the link, rzerox21xx! I will have to go check out those fan arts!

BTW, I think she must be 12, just because of all she's done and how intelligent she is. She is silly a lot of times, but she's got a really good head on her shoulders and can figure out things in tough situations pretty well, so she can't be too young.
kkg22104
QUOTE (RoyxRizaFan @ Jul 27 2009, 05:28 PM) *
I've really missed Al and Mei lately, and I'm hoping that they'll come back soon...I worry about Mei because she's going to be the first alchemist to reach Father Dude's lair, but she's tough despite her size so I'll try not to worry too much. Besides, the others are close behind.

This is sad, I forgot what Mei was doing in the manga XD I remember her running away/fighting Envy and then dropping in, but then where did she go? If she starts fighting Father, Al should burst in and heroically save her biggrin.gif

BTW, thanks rzerox21xx smile.gif
Forsaken Love
^ lololol the epicness of Al been mei's knight in shining armour *no pun intended...really!* lulz yeh mei hasnt been around for quite awhile now wonder where shes gone, and wheres Al aswell? XD I have totally forgotten
RoyxRizaFan
Mei has pulled quite a few vanishing acts lately...she was gone for a while after she left Al as well *thinks of the hug scene and dies from the epicness*

Al being her knight in shining armor would be a literal dream come true for her, which would make it all the more amusing XD I think it'd be the only situation where Arakawa would pull the 'damsel in distress' thing because of how ironic it is lol

*is currently looking at the fan art and loving it*
kkg22104
QUOTE (RoyxRizaFan @ Jul 27 2009, 05:39 PM) *
*thinks of the hug scene and dies from the epicness*

Someone needs to give me a link to this page, I don't remember where it's from anymore XD

Anyway, I think Al just got saved by Yoki (lol) and they're driving away in the stolen car or something. tongue.gif
Forsaken Love
ah i remember where that scene is *looks* here it is epic cuteness oh yeah, i breifly remember...I need to reread the last years worths of chapters I'm losing track of the past story XD I hope Al joins back up with the peoples in central soon (that is where they are right? XD)
RoyxRizaFan
I love Winry teasing him on the next page, too.

http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/80/16/

Her comment gives me hope that somehow, someday...these feelings might be mutual *crosses fingers*

IDK if they'll be together by the end of the manga, but I want them to be good friends at least so we can speculate for a future relationship!
Forsaken Love
Lulz I still want Al to travle to Xing, to learn about Xingese alchemy since Amestrias alchemy probably won't work when the story ends, with the intention of returning to Amestrias sometime later perhaps to teach it to others, and we could have a pannle of him leaving to cross the desert with mei and the reader is left to speculate =3 and i dunno we could throw in a couple of cute expressions in there too happy.gif

Lulz slightly off topic but I wonder what they'll do with Al's armour when he gets his body back XD maybe he'll keep it for nostalgia lulz
kkg22104
QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Jul 27 2009, 07:06 PM) *
Lulz slightly off topic but I wonder what they'll do with Al's armour when he gets his body back XD maybe he'll keep it for nostalgia lulz

Thanks for posting the panel of the hug earlier happy.gif And I'm hoping that Al gets his body back too, but there's no guarantee for that yet ohmy.gif

Anyway, I went back to the manga, and I think this is the last panel we see Al, and the last panel with Mei.
Forsaken Love
ah Al's been gone for like forever! well 4 1/2 months seems like forever anyway XD me thinks Mei will get to Fathers lair first (disincluding hoho) since Greeling is currently preoccupied, I thought he might get there first before last months chapter, Al needs to go save heeeeer, lulz i actually hate damsels in distress and damsel in distress scenes but Al and Mei is an exception to the rule, theres something about them that makes such an annoying theme so totally awesome XD
RoyxRizaFan
@ kkg22104 - Thanks for finding the panels! Man, it HAS been a while...

@ Forsaken Love - I hate those scenarios, too, but it would be funny if Arakawa used it here (since it wouldn't be taken really seriously and we all know Mei can pwn)
rzerox21xx

some very minor almei. you just see mei looking grown up with her hair down and al practicing xing martial arts.

http://homepage3.nifty.com/xxxdropsxxx/log2/log11.htm
Forsaken Love
@royxriza yeah its one of the many reasons i love fma, so many shonens *cough cough* bleach *cough cough* orahime must die *COUGH* have such weak female characters its annoying, but yeh it would be such a comic scene between Al and Mei, and like Mei's dream come true XD
rzerox21xx
I found 2 almei sites

http://almate.kagennotuki.com/

http://www015.upp.so-net.ne.jp/flowerkids/newpage99.htm

the site I gave have very few so here they are for it be to easier, its mostly edwin.

here the almei

FMA cheerleaders with mei on bottom right, she's probably cheering for al

http://www.geocities.jp/moomisojp/oth10.html

cute mei

http://www.geocities.jp/moomisojp/oth01.html

al and mei in school uniforms

http://www.geocities.jp/moomisojp/almaymar.html

al sitting there

http://www.geocities.jp/moomisojp/hyde01.html

mei looking cute

http://www.geocities.jp/moomisojp/may0603.html

FMA guys as grooms in front of church, Al probably waiting for his bride mei while the rest wait for their own brides

http://www.geocities.jp/moomisojp/mysweet.html

mei and ranfan in kimonos

http://www.geocities.jp/moomisojp/2006summerg.html
Tombow
^ Thank you, rzerox21xx!!!! biggrin.gif I see some really cute pics!! ^^

<Program Note>

QUOTE (Analeigh_Rose_Bonnette @ Jul 29 2009, 08:53 PM) *
I'm sorry, but is it wrong to say I completely despise the pairing?

*shot*

I'm sorry, it's just that Mei doesn't appeal to me as a character ....

Sorry if I offended anyone. *shot*

@Analeigh_Rose_Bonnette - Welcome to our board! Actually, this thread is FOR people who like AlxMei pairing. This is more like a "fan club" thread, and NOT a debate/discussion thread for "for or against" this pairing. That means, we ask anyone who despises this couple to kindly STAY AWAY from this thread. ^^ You can start a thread that is for people who are against AlxMei pairing and post your comments there. ...In fact, I can open an Anti-AlxMei (May) thread and move your post there.
And, in addition, if you would like a "discussion" thread where you would like to have the exchange of opinions "for" and "against" this pairing, then you can start that one as well, and invite both sides of opinions to be posted there. Just remember to kindly stay away from any "fan-club" thread if you're against it, on our board. Thank you!! smile.gif

ETA: Done. Anti - AlxMei people now has own thread.
Analeigh_Rose_Bonnette, your post has been moved to Anti-AlxMei(May) thread.

AlxMei shippers,
1. Please kindly stay away from Anti-AlxMei(May) thread.
2. Please refrain from bashing and trashing of anti-AlxMei people on this thread. smile.gif

==============

~ Thank you, and now please continue with your "AlxMei 'shipping" posts. biggrin.gif
RoyxRizaFan
Aw, thanks for sharing those pics! They're so ADORABLE! I loved the ones of Mei by herself, and her and Al! So kiwi :3
rzerox21xx
found a few almei pics

I guess its a double date for the elric brothers

http://www7.plala.or.jp/mikadukisou/irasuto22/hecha60.htm

mei with al helmet.

http://www7.plala.or.jp/mikadukisou/irasuto12/eita46.jpg

nice pic of al blushing and Mei looking cute and armstrong looking silly

http://www7.plala.or.jp/mikadukisou/irasuto24/hagane75.htm

al mei

http://www7.plala.or.jp/mikadukisou/irasuto24/09-502.jpg

al kissing mei's hand

http://www7.plala.or.jp/mikadukisou/irasuto20/hecha49.htm

almei and edwin formal

http://www7.plala.or.jp/mikadukisou/irasuto19/hecha44.htm

cute almei doujin, not really romantic but funny

http://www7.plala.or.jp/mikadukisou/irasuto22/ammanga1-1.htm
kkg22104
Thanks again for posting all the links to the fanart, rzerox21xx! happy.gif So from those pictures, it looks like AlxMei's number is 502? I wonder where that came from...
Forsaken Love
Lol really??? XD i dunno, the room ed and al shared is 502, did mei ever go to that room when she was sick or something? XD lulz
kkg22104
^Yeah, look at this one and this too, both of them have 502. Maybe it's just a r@ndom play off of EdxWin 503 XD
HannahBlack09
I love this pairing! Its just too cute to ignore or to hate it happy.gif

This pic is not mine, but it was love at first sight --> http://ceruleansan.deviantart.com/art/Alph...tleman-94158475
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.