Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Asj's Artwork ^_^
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fanworks > Fanarts
Asj Johnson
Um... I was trying to look up a map of Amestris online and found an old thread from here, and then decided to register. happy.gif"
So... Thought I'd try this... (all except the last picture are when Ed is 22/23 and Al... 17/21 by the way.)

(one of my first Ed pictures. I used lots of references for it. happy.gif" Here's the main ones I used: http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/Asj1...%20references/)

(this one's my first try at a vector. happy.gif References used were the pictures/screenshots that came with the movie and one or two pictures I found online. I didn't use any references for Ed, but I probably should have... >_>")

(I used references for Ed's uniform, but I don't think I did for his face, or at least not many)

(I didn't use any references for this one. That's why I got his eye color wrong. happy.gif" I did the lineart in pen for a change, too. Oh, and I did this one before the other one I did of Al.)
DustStorm
My favorite is the one with Ed wearing his uniform!!! Keep up the good work! happy.gif
Inkble
Way to go on the coloring! They all look so nice. The second and third ones are my favs!
Asj Johnson
QUOTE(Inkble @ Jul 30 2008, 01:00 AM) *
Way to go on the coloring! They all look so nice. The second and third ones are my favs!

QUOTE(DustStorm @ Jul 15 2008, 05:07 PM) *
My favorite is the one with Ed wearing his uniform!!! Keep up the good work! happy.gif

Thanks. happy.gif
I think the one with Ed wearing the uniform is the one I like the least, actually. happy.gif"
Fuberbachen
minus the odd face in the background the second is really good
Artixte
^^ That odd face in the background is suppose to be Edward im sure...That is practically his signature look that Hiromu Arakawa gave him in some way with the drag eyes and the antenna smile.gif
Fuberbachen
it has to be, because it has that single little sprout of hair, but it is still odd
Artixte
I think its because of either the mouth or the shoulders....Or maybe the eyes aren't sharp or draggy enough... I'm weighing more onto the shoulders side. He doesn't usually have big shoulders in that form..does he?
Asj Johnson
QUOTE(XxWanderfullPursonxX @ Oct 3 2008, 01:17 AM) *
I think its because of either the mouth or the shoulders....Or maybe the eyes aren't sharp or draggy enough... I'm weighing more onto the shoulders side. He doesn't usually have big shoulders in that form..does he?

I threw Ed in at the last few minutes because I thought it needed something more, so I kind'a guessed at what he looked like. happy.gif" I probably should have found a picture of him like that to go by.
Asj Johnson
Thought I'd show some newer pictures.

I was thinking about vectoring at least one of these sketches (and fixing him up better with some references) but... I have them on photobucket so I'm gonna post them... It's Wrath from one of my fanfictions on fanfiction.net happy.gif I haven't introduced him in the fic yet... >_>" I do have a little side fic I started that's in his point of view, though.

I just felt like trying to draw Ed older, and a girl, which I imagine he must've met on the other side of the gate in the drawing's universe, got there behind him. Little reference for it. It was just something I did fast. I should've looked at more screenshots of Ed and Hohenheim to get his eyes right.

This one was for a dA contest. I didn't spend enough time on it... I think I made his head too big, and should've did more with the rain. I used lots of references for the automail (took some screenshots in the anime) and some reference for his clothes (the best references for that was in an FMA art book I bought awhile ago), and I used a screenshot of the scene where Winry looks like his watch for reference for the watch.

This one's for this comic. happy.gif http://tboaa.smackjeeves.com/
I used lots of references... Probably mainly for the background. Looked at the train from the episode with Bald, and the two trains that were shown at the end of the anime, that Ed and Al were on. I also had to change some stuff about his clothing, after I started looking at screenshots of his pants and stuff.
xXdark_angel_nekoXx
wow love the artwork. keep up the good work.
edo little kid
Amazing the Art is Wonderful !!!
lunneth
great stuff. i like it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.