Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Summer 2008 Animu
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime
asunder
http://that.animeblogger.net/2008/05/29/th...view/#more-7593

Blade of the Immortal and Slayers Revolution are probably the two series that i'll watch/follow (maybe >_>)
Check out the previews and say what series you're interested in~
Blitz
Huh, the Chocolate Underground one sounds interesting. And I'm definitely looking out for Slayers Revolution.
Tombow
Natsume Yuujin-chou looks interesting! I like stories involving spirit and stuff.

And, maybe Blade of the Immortal, because I like Samurai anime. XD
Edamame
Thank you for posting the link Asunder. I had no idea that they were making a fourth season of The Slayers. I will most likely follow the new season, but I hope that it can live up to the previous three. I have to say that I'm rather intrigued by the Chocolate Underground; the premise is bizarre enough that it might just work. Part of me wants to see the first episode of Natsume Yuujin-Chou, but I have the feeling that it is either going to be hit or miss. (This sounds really shallow of me, but the preview image for the anime instantly made me think of Al from "Conqueror of Shamballa" and one of the wolf spirits from Miyazaki's "Princess Mononoke"). Nothing else really caught my interest, but I have to say that Blade of the Immortal looks pretty badass.
Popogeejo
I'm highly dubious of the Blade of the Immortal.
The manga is stunningly well drawn but the clips I've seen of the anime look rather weak.

Chocolate Underground is the only other one that looks like it'll be getting attention.
mei_tenshi
There are several that I'll probably look into eventually--once the whole series is subbed. If it's long (over 26 episodes...Blade of the Immortal, I'm looking at you!) I'll wait until a good chunk of it is out first.

Just from reading the summaries (and looking at the VA list), the ones I'll check out are:

Telepathy Shoujo Ran - I tend to enjoy supernatural stuff in a slice-of-life context. And Tomokazu Seki is in it!*
Seiyou Kottou Yougaiten ~Antique~ (Antique Bakery) - If Zarpia comes back, I'll watch it with her. (You read that, Zarpi? I'll watch it with you! Come back~~~~!)
Natsume Yuujin-chou - Supernatural stuff in a historical setting, I also like. Should be fun.
Blade of the Immortal - Tomokazu Seki~~ (Actually, I've been meaning the read the manga but I haven't gotten around to it yet. :x )
Zero no Tsukaima (Season 3) - I enjoyed the first two seasons. Good for cheap laughs. I'll save it for winter break or something.
Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~ - I saw/read Someday's Dreamers, the spin-off source, and really liked it. Looking forward to this one. If it follows the general vein of Someday's Dreamers, it'll be episodic and heavily slice-of-lifey, so I won't mind waiting for episodes as they're released.
World Destruction - Mamoru Miyano and Maaya Sakamoto. Need I say more? biggrin.gif

*If I like the VA cast, I tend to give the anime a try--even if it doesn't seem like I'll like it. Unless I KNOW I won't. It doesn't take many screenshots to tell when a show is all about fanservice.
Tris the Reaper
I'm with the others, Chocolate Underground looks bizarre enough to give a go. Also of interest to me are Natsume Yuujin-chou, Yakushiji Ryouko no Kaiki Jikenbo, and definitely World Destruction.

Mission-E looks like Cartoon Network [not Adult Swim, but strictly Cartoon Network] material, IMO. Hmm.
asunder
QUOTE(mei_tenshi @ May 31 2008, 08:07 PM) *
World Destruction - Mamoru Miyano and Maaya Sakamoto. Need I say more? biggrin.gif

Hopefully the songs for this series will be better than Macross F's Triangular >____> (I hope)

Oh one summer spectacular anime (movie) not mentioned in that blog: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=5107
The next ghibli movie! Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea / 崖の上のポニョ
here's the [brief] story if you want to spoil yourself:
Ponyo is a goldfish princess who wishes to become human. Sosuke is a five year old boy who somehow becomes involved with Ponyo. A sense of closeness between a parent and child is a theme of the film.

this naturally means more joe hisaishi music <3 (the ost should be released in japan on July 16 and consist of 40 tracks)
mei_tenshi
QUOTE(asunder @ May 31 2008, 05:34 PM) *
QUOTE(mei_tenshi @ May 31 2008, 08:07 PM) *
World Destruction - Mamoru Miyano and Maaya Sakamoto. Need I say more? :D
Hopefully the songs for this series will be better than Macross F's Triangular >____> (I hope)
Ha, yes. >___> Hopefully her contract allows her to sing for this one. I read somewhere (can't verify) that it was an issue with Ouran, which was why she didn't do any singing for that series. At all. It made me sad. :(

QUOTE(asu)
Oh one summer spectacular anime (movie) not mentioned in that blog: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=5107
The next ghibli movie! Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea / 崖の上のポニョ
[...]
this naturally means more joe hisaishi music <3 (the ost should be released in japan on July 16 and consist of 40 tracks)
*fangirl mode ON!*

~~~! <333

See, that's why I'm not especially excited about the shows coming out this summer. Everything pales in comparison to an upcoming Miyazaki/Hisaishi work. :D
asunder
Missing info from that site:
Also Ponyo is supposed to air on 19 July 2008

Air date/ Release Date
06/06 --:-- Detroit Metal City Episode 01 Detroit Metal City also has a summer 2008 live-action movie O_o.
06/02 18:25 RoboDz Fuunkun
06/-- --:-- Choro-Q Deck System

Tris the Reaper
QUOTE(asunder @ Jun 1 2008, 01:36 AM) *

Wait wait, that CARPG [car RPG, lulz] is getting an anime? o_O

Ooooookie dokie then.
The Mad Bomber
Absolutely Blade of the immortal as I have already been enthralled by the manga biggrin.gif
Popogeejo
Detroit Metal City also has a summer 2008 live-action movie O_o.

Yup, and it's the man who played L in the death note films.

Saw the 5 minute teaser a few days back. Looked like something old MTV would have made. I liked it alot but it looks like something that needs sleep deprivation to appreciate.
Fushi
QUOTE(Popogeejo @ May 31 2008, 02:28 PM) *
I'm highly dubious of the Blade of the Immortal.
The manga is stunningly well drawn but the clips I've seen of the anime look rather weak.

If I'm not mistaken, Bee Train is doing it. They're apparently notorious for QUALITY. More so than Studio Dean.

Eh, nothing really that catches my eyes this season. Well, except of course the new Miyazaki movie this summer. :U
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.