Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fma Movie Ending : Did The Brother Actually Really Get Back Toegether Again?!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > FMA Conqueror of Shambala Movie
ladykylie
Hi all,
I have quite an argument with my friends that they said the brothers finally are not back together. Here's the last part clip : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9GNy0Bqm3c

I assume some may not watched the end of it (because this clip is at the very end and Hong Kong cinema might not show it completely, which is not making sense to me) I was very sad when ed cut off the ship and turn back to the 'real' world, but at the end Al follow him and they are finally together.

Just some of my friends said, 'real world' is Ed's dream. its not "real". so even they are together in "real' world, its not truth ...wacko.gif What do you think? I still think they are living together in our world.
asunder
At the end of the movie, Ed and Al are together in the 'real world'/the alternate world to Amestris/Earth .
Does it really make sense that Dietlinde Eckart crossed over from Ed's dream into the real world? Also after she dies, doesn't her body revert back from a monster to human form?
This would be another hint that the alternate world is not simply 'Ed's dream'.
ladykylie
great! then they are finally together biggrin.gif
ladykylie
geez, i think i will just give up with it and let my friend believe what she want to believe

ez = my friend, Kylie = me

ez says:
i think i shouldnt argue with you, since the movie is totally different from the original comic and tv episode, most ppl said the movie has great difference from the tv. so far in these 2 years that i heard, they are not together at last.

Kylie - www.tinykylie.com says:
i read both comic and anime and movie and the link i sent you was the last part in the moive that Al went to 'real' world to be with edward

ez says:
yes, i search around, ppl said they were in 'real world'

the fact was there so up to you if you dont believe

ez says:
i just remember the OVA version is not exactly like the TV
TV episodes follow the comic, but OVA was made up beyond the original comist's thought

i watched the TV and the movie (not OVA! it was a movie) was the continuouis of the anime on tv

ez says:
that's why some ppl refused to treat the OVA as the final end

tv didn't follow the comic totally

i have all the comic home

ez says:
i rather go to this, tv follow comists

i know they are separate on tv episode
im talking about the movie ending so nothing to do with comic

ez says:
the OVA was made up by the director, not the original comists

comic is a totally different story after volume 5
i know about the comic already

the original is comic and i always like comic more

ez says:
if OVA is not counted to be valid, how can you measure the ending?

but i was talking to you about the movie

ez says:
and the final end is not released yet

sigh

ez says:
if so, then no more comic going on

im talking about the ending in the MOVIE, you got it

ez says:
i watched this series long time ago
ez says:
much earlier you did just now

it doesnt mater how long ago you watch it, is how many you watch and you get

ez says:
in fact, i watched too many comic and animated this year

you mix up then

ez says:
i think you are too serious on it. even when you prove you are right, what you want to get from me?

i just want to tell you the brohter back together again in the animation, not seperate

ez says:
so what then, i dont treat the OVA as the final end, if it was, then no more comic going on now

of course this is not

ez says:
but the comic is still going on

WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE MOVIE NOW NOT THE COMIC, I ALREADY KNOW THE STORY ARE DIFFERENT.... but when you talk about the movie ending what i told you is the truth

i love the comic a lot more anyways

ez says:
so what then, you mean i dun love it?

no

ok ok you won!
i wasn't even trying to argue

ez says:
i just know the OVA was made by the director rather than the original comicist. its happen was just due to fulfill fan's desire to 'know' the 'ending', but most ppl said the ending is no good.

no good but still it was the end of the animation no matter we like it or not, i was just trying to say the end they are back together and we come up with all the typing above its funny

im always the manga fan than animation with majority of the comic

ez says:
but i dont think you read a lot of comic

i read tonnes, how can i not read comic to draw comic?!

ez says:
what is the latest one then

volume 18 in hk and taiwan, US, volume 19 just release

ez says:
you touch it after the heat, maybe next time you go just at the right time, then i would remember

yup for FMA i like it after a long time coz i didn't like the drawing before

i dont know why you would argue with me on this, when i talk to my other friends who haven't seen the last bit of movie ending in hk that the bro get together they weren't this
asunder
i don't know why i bothered reading that sleep.gif
your friend is an idiot who keeps confusing the fma movies and the fma ovas even after you correct him/her.
ladykylie
QUOTE(asunder @ May 28 2008, 01:12 PM) *
i don't know why i bothered reading that sleep.gif
your friend is an idiot who keeps confusing the fma movies and the fma ovas even after you correct him/her.

I feel so childish to argue over an anime/manga (even i love it so bad), but its really made me sad she just pick on me when i just trying to tell her the truth ending ... anyways when she said im too serious on it, i think she is even more serious :S don't bother now ....
MilesTailsPrower-007
Don't be confused. I've come to back up what Asunder said, so believe his/her post. It's right. C:
xXdark_angel_nekoXx
well i have to say that they are both toegther now. and they are off to save the day.
FullTylerStarke
I think a movie of Ed and Al just fighting nazis (inglorious bastards style) would be alot more interesting than COS
Teddikillla
lol, yeah they did,, if youd seen the movie lol.
they should make them find a way to do alchemy again,, and fight nazis,and iraqi's
Popogeejo
QUOTE (Teddikillla @ Dec 24 2008, 01:45 AM) *
lol, yeah they did,, if youd seen the movie lol.
they should make them find a way to do alchemy again,, and fight nazis,and iraqi's

The Nazi thing I get but you lose me at the Iraqi's. Admittedly my knowledge of WW2 is limited to the UK and the US but Iraq being that much of a player in the whole scheme of things back then.
Sannom
The Nazi thing I get but you lose me at the Iraqi's. Admittedly my knowledge of WW2 is limited to the UK and the US but Iraq being that much of a player in the whole scheme of things back then.

I think he was being sarcastic. Or he is confusing World War 2 with World War 1, when Iraq was still a part of the Ottoman Empire, an ally of Germany at that time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.