Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull (spoilers)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Movies, TV Shows, & Other Videos
asunder
Over the 3-day memorial day weekend, the fourth Indiana Jones raked in about 100 million dollars in domestic ticket sales. (source)
Getting above average reviews at Rotten Tomatoes and not so great reviews at Metacritic , clearly the opinions seem to range from this being the worst movie ever to being the best indiana jones movie.

For those who saw it already, what did you think of the movie? Did it live up to the standard of quality from the original 3? Does Harrison Ford still have what it takes to be Indy?
Would you be interested in an Indiana Jones movie with Shia Leboeuf as the main star? Spill your thoughts on the movie and how it compares to the older trilogy here!

Blitz
This movie was certainly different. I liked it, but it didn't have the flair of the older ones. Barely any whip action. :3 Henry Jones III was an interesting twist. rolleyes.gif
asunder
! Forgot to include my own critique.. be warned spoilers are rampant in the following text:

I felt like i was watching another Mummy movie mixed in with Stephen Spielberg's Alien fascination (remember AI) :/ I had hoped the story wouldn't have gone in that direction.
There's some outrage now about the Russians/communists being portrayed as evil. The first hour and a half of the movie was great except for a few scenes. Even though it was way over the top, I did enjoy Harrison Ford walking away from a nuclear explosion. There are already rumors of Indy 5! This wasn't a bad movie, but IMO definitively the worst Indy movie among the 4.

Did you catch a reference to the first indiana movie? I think the Arc was knocked over in the Roswell gov't warehouse.
Popogeejo
I felt like i was watching another Mummy movie mixed in with Stephen Spielberg's Alien fascination (remember AI) :/ I had hoped the story wouldn't have gone in that direction.

Ironically it was Lucas who wanted the alien stuff.

I have to disagree with it being the worst Indy. Let's not forget Temple of Doom.

There's some outrage now about the Russians/communists being portrayed as evil.

BAWWW. I don't hear anyone getting upset over how the Nazis were portrayed. In the end, evil commie lady just asks to know everything rather than any kind of weapon.

It did have a fair few flaws (vine swinging and one to many cute animals) but it never stopped being fun.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.