Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: D. N. Angel
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime > Let's discuss your fav anime series here!
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
anime lover girl
D.N.Angel adapted into a 26 episode anime series by Dentsu which aired in Japan on TV Tokyo from April 3, 2003 until September 25, 2003. The series was directed by Koji Yoshikawa and Nobuyoshi Habara.
(Source - Wiki)

List of Characters

Plot Summary: Niwa Daisuke is your average teenager, until his fourteenth birthday. He tries to declare his love to the girl of his dreams, but fails. Suddenly, whenever he thinks about this girl he turns into the legendary phantom thief known as Dark Mousy. Daisuke's mother, very much aware of this, makes him turn into Dark and steal valuable works of art for a purpose unkown to Daisuke. As the story unfolds, he learns why, and about his classmate who seems to have the same ability.

Genres: action, comedy, fantasy, romance, supernatural
Themes: bishounen, body switching, multiple personality, thief, twins
Episodes: 26
Age Rating: Older Teen
(Source - ANN)

-------------------

Hey! Dark is my fav character>
Omakase Shimasu
Ah, flood control was bugging me everytime I tried to reply. OK, here goes. Krad's my favorite. And... that's it. Oh, wait. Krad and that Daisuke kid's daddy. Poor guy gets used just like that. >__>

Um... that's it? blink.gif
Quistis88
I LOVE DARK, TOO. SO HOT. AND he shares a seiyuu with SHIGURE.

I've seen D.N.Angel. Watched the first few episodes, then started jumping around. And then I saw the final episode without really knowing how it got there, but I found it quite satisfactory. Nonetheless, I really like D.N.Angel. Characters are nicely created.

Did I mention that I love Dark?
Gashole
Nah, Dark's figure is too feminine. tongue.gif
I like the main character's best friend better even if he's gay. Wait, is he gay? I don't know, I read that a long time ago. rolleyes.gif
Quistis88
Now that you mention it, he DOES seem a little feminine at times.

Oh, well, I love him all the same. tongue.gif
Kihaku
I love this! Well... I actually love the manga, but the anime series is okay too, although most of the episodes seemed to me kind of pointless. I liked the first one, some in between and the last... maybe... five or so, but the last two were the best! Of course if the manga isn't finished yet, there is bound to be an "own storyline"... The last episodes finished it off quite well.
My favourite character was Dark at first.. of course because he is just soooooo hot.(blush). But I kind of started to find Krad more intriguing and (blush) hotter wink.gif . And of course my other favourites are the cool and mysterious Hiwatari and the funny and superactive Saehara... um and as far as I know he isn't gay... well it's very unlikely that he is if he had a crush on two girls in the series..
Gashole, did you mean Hiwatari? He's anyway interested in Daisuke...
Omakase Shimasu
Hehe, I was gonna say that. Satoshi's got the hots for Daisuke, while Daisuke has the hots for the girly twin, the girly twin has the hots for Dark, Dark has the hots for sporty-twin and sporty-twin's in denial, though she secretly fancies Daisuke. And Krad's just there to molest that wannabe Kowaru (Satoshi). tongue.gif

Krad's badass and hot. If it wasn't for that lock of hair he has running across his face for no apparent reason... -___-;;;

Can you imagine, a series with onesided shonen-ai and I don't even like it. o.o
anime lover girl
Kase~you like Dark don't you

My other thoughts:
:Dark is sooooooooo hot
:Is Dark after the women all the time?
Omakase Shimasu
Beh? Me? >.< Hmmm... no, not really. He's my arch-enemy~ ph34r.gif

Koro-chan - help me~ Back me up~!!
anime lover girl
Are you jokeing again?

Is Dark after the girls all the time?
Omakase Shimasu
No, no I'm not. I don't really like Dark. I like Krad. $_$ Hot.

And... well, he does come off as a player to me. But I think he's more interested in stealing stuff. Actually, I never seen past episode 5/6 and never once read the manga so I wouldn't really know. mellow.gif

Hehe, did you know it took me ages to figure out Krad was Dark spelled backwards. Man, I'm dense.
anime lover girl
ok!~you have your feelings about a character and I have mine.
Cloud28
Dark is my fav,and thats all ! tongue.gif
Kihaku
Heh... the relationships are nicely tangled..
Um Kase, did you mean that you don't like the series or the onesided shonen ai in the series? I'm confused... I of course prefer love from both sides, since it's just so sad otherwise(unless I don't like certain characters)... but well Hiwatari does have Krad(kind of).
I actually like that really long, weird lock with the weird cross at the end. I wonder what that is for? Doesn't it get in Krad's way?
And yeah.. Dark is a little after girls/females(and his opposite(Krad) is after boys/males then..? Right?) but he can have a place in his heart for a special someone. I suppose because he's so carefree about everything(girls/stealing/relationships) he can seem a bit of a playboy... but I like him anyway. Although not as much as Krad...

I'm actually really dense, but as soon as I saw Krad's name I realised it was Dark backwards... my not so dense friend didn't get it though... so it's individual...
RoyxRiza BigFan
the opening music was the best part of the anime @w@
Kihaku
Oooh! I loved the opening! It's probably still my favourite anime song! One reason I started to watch the anime... another was because I love the manga and wanted to see the anime version. The manga beats the anime easily... well I haven't read all volumes yet(because they haven't all been published yet), but that's my opinion at the moment(and I doubt it will change).
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(Kihaku @ Nov 5 2004, 08:25 PM)
1) Um Kase, did you mean that you don't like the series or the onesided shonen ai in the series? I'm confused... I of course prefer love from both sides, since it's just so sad otherwise(unless I don't like certain characters)... but well Hiwatari does have Krad(kind of).

2a) I actually like that really long, weird lock with the weird cross at the end. I wonder what that is for? 2b) Doesn't  it get in Krad's way?

3) And yeah.. Dark is a little after girls/females(and his opposite(Krad) is after boys/males then..? Right?) but he can have a place in his heart for a special someone. I suppose because he's so carefree about everything(girls/stealing/relationships)  he can seem a bit of a playboy... but I like him anyway. Although not as much as Krad...

4) I'm actually really dense, but as soon as I saw Krad's name I realised it was Dark backwards... my not so dense friend didn't get it though... so it's individual...

1) In this case it's just me not liking the series. biggrin.gif Mother of all surprises. I only like Krad. Yes, yes can't forget the opening. Love the opening. If I didn't have Krad, I'd have to agree with RXR Big Fan. ^ ^;;

2a) You mean the strand or cross?
2b) You underestimate the power of anime, Kihaku~ ph34r.gif

3) I think Krad is only after Satoshi. He couldn't care less about the others, I think. o.o Such a stud.

4) Yay, I'm not alone in the world! laugh.gif
Kihaku
Oh, so you really don't like the anime.. so that's why you watched just a few episodes... it does get better at the end though. All in it all seems (to me) to be more for younger kids... even the manga, which my friend(same not so dense friend) doesn't really like because it's childish in her opinion. Well, I'm a fan of many childish things, especially if the story is cute and sweet(like in this case)...I can't help loving it. biggrin.gif I didn't fancy the anime so much either besides the few great episodes(funny that most feature Krad tongue.gif ) and the opening. I like the art too.

Oh I mean I like both... strand and cross...
Maybe Krad is religious...who knows...maybe the manga will give me a clue why he has that...
Yeah, Krad is probably interested only in Hiwatari, but it would be kind of logical if he were a guy magnet whilst Dark is a girl magnet.... wink.gif
anime lover girl
I have to back up kihaku on this one>(Kase please don't hurt me)(run and hid under my desk)
princessevil12
I absolutely love dark.AT the end of the first manga whats the story after d.n. angel with the summoning(y) lady.Cause i wanted to know unsure.gif
Quistis88
If Krad really likes guys, then I'd wanna be a guy, too. biggrin.gif
Omakase Shimasu
Sorry, Shaman girl but if you're not on my side you're on nobody's side!! *takes out boomstick*

biggrin.gif Just kidding. I can respect other people's opinions. As for me not liking the show, I guess it's because I'm the complete opposite of you guys. I can't really stand cutesy stuff. (My main reason for disliking Cardcaptor Sakura >__>) If it's too cutesy I'm outta there like a bat out of hell. Yes, I'm the Champion of Exaggeration (and I wouldn't for the life of me know how to spell that damned word tongue.gif).

Hmmm... and I guess that's why Krad's my favorite. cool.gif Besides his studly looks he's bad-ass. Hmmm.

@princessevil12: Sorry, haven't read the manga yet, so I can't help you. (yes, I do own one chapter of the manga, but that's only because of my little sis. >__>)
Gashole
@Kase: I guess you're not up for Candy Candy then, eh? biggrin.gif
Omakase Shimasu
Candy Candy? ....never heard of it. biggrin.gif;;

Although it sounds horrendously cutesy!!
Gashole
Really? It was like the first manga that came out in Indo, so even guys back then read it. And some of them even admitted they liked it! biggrin.gif

Here's a link: http://candycandyworld.free.fr/galerie/art.html
Warning: beware of all the cutesy-ness
Omakase Shimasu
Holy...!! ph34r.gif That warning of yours didn't cut it, Gashole. Not by a long shot!! What the he**??

ph34r.gif And I thought Basara and CCS was bad... To quote a lovely Friends person: Oh. My. Gawd~
anime lover girl
OK!~Kase(pulles out sword and shield)
Omakase Shimasu
Wowow, that was just a joke. biggrin.gif;; I'm not a fan of violence and bloodshed.
anime lover girl
come on Kase I know it was a joke.
Omakase Shimasu
Of course, it's not like you're gonna strangle me through your monitor-screen. tongue.gif

But we should get back on topic again. (Surprised you, didn't I? %_%)
anime lover girl
Would you like me to?
do you think it would be hard to "tie Dark down" if you know what I saying>
Kihaku
Oh yes...back to the topic.
Well yeah... if you don't like cutesy stuff then D.N Angel might not appeal... not that it is that cute...there is the ugly side, but the cuteness element is there.
anime lover girl: so you also don't like the anime as much as the manga either? Or what did you mean? Well anyway for those who liked the anime, you should definitely consider reading the manga too(even those he might not have liked the anime too much)!
Have to check that short story at the end of volume one... there are more in some other volumes. I have the manga in Swedish, but I doubt the name is exactly the same. Those short stories are pretty okay, but I'd rather read more of D.N Angel especially because the manga is so short.

Hah.. if Krad is really after boys(that's just a weird theory of mine) then I wouldn't like to be boy... jeez a freaky maniac stalking me... who knows what he'd do. Dark is hot of course.. but he is a little...scary.

I don't understand what you mean by tying Dark down... but he is pretty nimble, fast and has magical powers, so catching him would be really hard... not many have managed to get close to him.
Omakase Shimasu
Um, I think anime lover means "tying him down" to a girl. But that's just my guess. biggrin.gif
anime lover girl
YES.Kase your right!!!!!!~
Kihaku
Well... another bit of evidence proving that I'm an idiot...I suppose I take things too literally.
Anyway to question... Hard to tell. In the anime it was proven though that he can actually love one person. I haven't read the manga far enough to know otherwise.. but I don't think that his character is any different. Like I wrote before, it's just playboyness(like there is a word like that)... He just needs a person strong enough to control it..
Omakase Shimasu
You're not an idiot. biggrin.gif If I hadn't had a whole conversation with her about "tying Omi down to a girl" in the Weiss Kreuz thread I would've thought the same thing you did.

And to add to your lil' speech: "patient enough." smile.gif
Kihaku
Oh. That explains a bit wink.gif . But really I am an idiot(in many other ways though biggrin.gif ).
And yeah... she'd have to be really patient because Dark exists only in a certain person(from the Niwa family) for a certain amount of time. He could appear again though, but that would be a long wait and even though he'd look the same, his girl would've aged. It makes it kind of hard for him to be with anyone.
Omakase Shimasu
Hmm-hmm. I think he's more of a live-by-the-moment kinda guy/spirit/whatsis because of it.

It gives yaoi-writers a lot to work with if they're into Dark/Krad though. Seeing they're both "immortal". biggrin.gif Love-hate relationships are always in demand, too.
Kihaku
Actually..logically thinking(yes..my dumb logic) the only person for Dark is Krad. I mean...they are the same kind of "beings", opposites attract and there's definitely something between them... now Dark would have to be interested in males too...
Omakase Shimasu
Two sides of the same coin, no? Hehe, maybe. You never know with those two, seeing the mangaka nver really delves deep into their history together. Poor Krad is just a shell of a promising character. A lousy means to an end.

It just amazes me most writers see Krad bottom. Why exactly is that? blink.gif
Kihaku
Yeah, exactly biggrin.gif
I'm still hoping that there will be more of Krad (and his relationship with Dark) in the manga. The anime showed so little...
Krad... bottom? When I think of it.. it's kind of difficult to decide, because both Krad and Dark are such dominating characters. I see neither of them bottom. I don't know... the first that comes to mind is Krad on top... because I can't just picture him submissing to anything and Dark is more likely to compromise.
But writers probably don't want to see Dark bottom... especially when they want to bad guy to surrender to the good guy wink.gif .
Omakase Shimasu
Aaaah~ Like that~ >__> Not really the reason I was looking for. Poor poor Krad-baby.

Not that I'm dissappointed or anything. biggrin.gif I actually like to see my favorite character as a uke. Mainly my favorites with a strong personality. X3 I dunno, but seeing and/or reading about a strong man/boy being submissive makes them even hotter. o.o
anime lover girl
Kase~ i'm writing another fan-fic and you 2 will be perfect help>but,I think I'm really in love this time I've spent all my life chaseing after guys so dark would be no different. biggrin.gif
Kihaku
Oh no... that was just my theory. Others (the writers mainly) would have their own reasons. I actually like my favourite character to be the seme. wink.gif I tend to like the dominating and strong characters. In Krad's and Dark's case, they should take turns wink.gif .

Anime lover: So you're writing another fanfic about D.N.Angel? What kind? And what about the first one?
You're in love with Dark? It will be tough chasing after him biggrin.gif .I've also had a crush on certain anime/manga characters (weird isn't it?) And I always thought that it would be impossible..
anime lover girl
hey~my character is a DNAngel too>yes I love Dark,because he's so hot
Omakase Shimasu
Oh, I thought you meant it was the reason most writers used. biggrin.gif;; Sorry~

@anime lover: you mean your OC's a whatever-Dark&Krad-are-creature? blink.gif
anime lover girl
yes.If she gets kissed by a guy she becomes luna that's her DNAngel's name.
Omakase Shimasu
Of course. So her evil counterpart's called Anul. biggrin.gif You can't get enough of those Mary-Sues, can you?

Anyway, I'm really not all that into D.N.Angel - I know absolutely nothing about it. smile.gif Guess it's better if you look at Kihaku for any questions you might have this, time around.
anime lover girl
Ok~but....All right I will do that.but one thing you must help me do help me think of a good personalit(you know what I mean) biggrin.gif
Omakase Shimasu
Um, you mean a personality that would help attract both Daisuke and Dark? blink.gif I have... nooooo~ idea.

If you've seen D.N.A than you must know about that sporty-girl-chick. I think that's the kind of girl he'd go for... But that's just my guess. >__>

And I'd have even less of an idea about her personality. biggrin.gif;;
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.