Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 83 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2
Sannom
I wonder where exactly is Scar and Marcoh? It seems they are in a desert... so maybe they are really heading to, or are at, wherever that place is called... uhh, where Ed met Maria Ross before she leaves for Xing?

Where they are and what they intend to do, I would like to know. I have a theory that perharp Scar hopes to find some Warrior Priests of Ishbal that have survived and try to convince them to help them in the fight that's coming? Or perharps it's something else. One thing's for sure, they are not fleeing...
Winry Chan
QUOTE(AA battery @ May 14 2008, 06:52 PM) *
I don't quite understand why there is problem with sendspace though. If you originally posted on a China forum, then this would be the case, because sendspace bans user from China from downloading from sendspace. Is that why people weren't able to download the 13MB version?

*raises hand
HisshouBuraiKen
Causmicfire - lol, That was no smack, that was a full-on SPANK!
Causmicfire
QUOTE(HisshouBuraiKen @ May 14 2008, 05:54 AM) *
Causmicfire - lol, That was no smack, that was a full-on SPANK!

lol, yeah.

I love his excuse.

I don't know whether to find it sad or amusing that Papa Armstrong doesn't have any faith in Alex's ability to beat Olivier. Poor Alex, where's he going to go now...oh, the barracks.

It was awesome to see the whole team this chapter, just to know they're alive.
RoyxRizaFan
So much I loved about this chapter, but i wouldn't be living up to my name if I the first thing I said wasn't OMG ROY! How long have we been waiting? Nine months now? It's about time! Hopefully he won't disappear again after this...

I don't know whether to find it sad or amusing that Papa Armstrong doesn't have any faith in Alex's ability to beat Olivier. Poor Alex, where's he going to go now...oh, the barracks.

I loved that they were talking about vacations the whole time, but I felt so bad for Alex the whole time. I love that everyone has sparkles. it was nice to see the whole family again, too!

YAY Lin! I'm happy he asked about Lan Fan, even though I'm not sure if they're cannon or not... mellow.gif

It was great to see everyone. Now all we need is an update on Mei. I know there was a panel with her in it, but i want to know what's going to happen to her! Hopefully she won't listen to Envy too much. Maybe she's flush him down a toilet or something in central...(as long as it was ice cold water, she'd be safe). I love Envy, But i'm more concerned about Mei...

Oh, and honestly, if I were Riza and being stalked by a psycho immortal killer toddler thing, I don't think I'd be able to keep as cool as she is.
Sannom
It was great to see everyone. Now all we need is an update on Mei. I know there was a panel with her in it, but i want to know what's going to happen to her! Hopefully she won't listen to Envy too much. Maybe she's flush him down a toilet or something in central...(as long as it was ice cold water, she'd be safe). I love Envy, But i'm more concerned about Mei...

We need an update on Scar and Marcoh too, now that we know they are separated from the others huh.gif And more importantly : is that sick bastard Kimblee alive or not???
AA battery
QUOTE(Winry Chan @ May 14 2008, 05:23 AM) *
I don't quite understand why there is problem with sendspace though. If you originally posted on a China forum, then this would be the case, because sendspace bans user from China from downloading from sendspace. Is that why people weren't able to download the 13MB version?

*raises hand

hahaha, I totally would like the 13MB version if it's possible =w=; I hope it's not asking for too much.

QUOTE(Sannom @ May 14 2008, 02:23 PM) *
We need an update on Scar and Marcoh too, now that we know they are separated from the others huh.gif And more importantly : is that sick bastard Kimblee alive or not???

Why would he be dead? I think the last we saw of him is his meeting with Pride. I don't think he'd die frmo that...
Sannom
As far as we know, Kimblee might be buried alive under an avalanche laugh.gif Remember the "Blown up while I'm still talking... How rude!" and "Wonderful, absolutly wonderful, I have never seen someone being slaughtered so quickly!"?
Winry Chan
QUOTE(AA battery @ May 15 2008, 06:22 AM) *
QUOTE(Winry Chan @ May 14 2008, 05:23 AM) *

*raises hand

hahaha, I totally would like the 13MB version if it's possible =w=; I hope it's not asking for too much.

I too would like the 13MB version. I would be able to make fun banners....oh yes...^^ However, the banning of sendspace where I live prevents that dream from coming true. *sigh*

As for Kimblee, I think he is definitely alive. I believe he was last seen making a deal with Pride. Not sure though.

It would be nice if Greed/Lin finished him off. I might just be crazy. ^^
bluwim
13 mb? o.O

I want it toooooooooooooooooooo!!! Pleaseeee ^^

I love this chapter!!! amazing, how many people...

The end is close, i'm depressed...
APalchemist5
Great chapter!

so I wonder, do you think that the next chapter will be a time skip? Like Chapter 84 is a week away from the promised day?
Little Fixster
I kinda want greedling, er, greelin, to fight the Fuhrer again. Then again, he's already fought him twice, so I guess fighting him AGAIN would be a little repetitive. (But swordfights are awesome!)

Yay for Roy being in this last chapter!

And I'm not sure Ed working for Greed is such a good idea...especially since Greed's set on ruling the world...I hope that motive doesn't get him killed...
Causmicfire
QUOTE(Little Fixster @ May 15 2008, 03:42 PM) *
I kinda want greedling, er, greelin, to fight the Fuhrer again. Then again, he's already fought him twice, so I guess fighting him AGAIN would be a little repetitive. (But swordfights are awesome!)

Yay for Roy being in this last chapter!

And I'm not sure Ed working for Greed is such a good idea...especially since Greed's set on ruling the world...I hope that motive doesn't get him killed...

Sword fights are awesome, but I'm hoping to see Olivier go up against Bradley next. I've been waiting anxiously for it since she went to Central.

bluwim
QUOTE(APalchemist5 @ May 15 2008, 03:42 PM) *
Great chapter!

so I wonder, do you think that the next chapter will be a time skip? Like Chapter 84 is a week away from the promised day?

Yup, i believe that too... If you think... What could happen in the 84? Arakawa-sensei ALWAYS surprise us, thought, and she can to extend the current situation... But i hope she doesn't do it.

I really think this chapter 83 marks a before and an after, I mean, in my opinion this chapter is the "beginning of the end", never before Arakawa-sensei had done a similar chapter... It looks as if Arakawa would want this skip, this way she could to draw the characters more mature and also to meet people and prepare the situation for the last battle...

Anyways, i wish this skip, already, please please please... EdWin! As they don't see each other until the end, i'll die for sure dry.gif

Ouch, sorry for my bad english, again.. (I feel i have to say that in every post of mine ^^). This is my longest post in the forum... biggrin.gif
Sannom
Well, perharps that she could show us what other people are doing during that timeskip? If there is a skip, I would like to know what Scar and Marcoh intend to do before it happens.
LadyCera
Personally I think there are going to be many more chapters and I cannot wait.... I have a theory about something. I'm not gonna say what yet though, but if we get a lot of RoyRiza moments in the next few chapters I think this could drag out for a while..... *is not even sure if anyone knows what she is saying anymore*

But wow!!! Loved this chapter! OMG!!! I LOVE YOU HAVOC!!! Seriously my fav side character. XD Aww... Ed misses Winry, so cute biggrin.gif
winrys#1fan
^Haha yes. Loved this chapter too. I'd like to find out what Marcoh and Scar are up to at the moment, plus I'm not sure where they're going with the Armstrong thing but I'm sure that'll be epic, the Armstrongs are the coolest 8D
I'd love to see a massive battle royal between Ed, Lingreed (or whatever lol), Alphonse and Hoenhiem (and possibly Scar and Marcoh too =O) against Father and the rest of the remaining Homunculi. That would be pwn.
edxwinryfan

But wow!!! Loved this chapter! OMG!!! I LOVE YOU HAVOC!!! Seriously my fav side character. XD Aww... Ed misses Winry, so cute biggrin.gif
[/quote]

Ed misses Winry was that in the chapter, i don't remember reading that.
WeiS Blitz
QUOTE(APalchemist5 @ May 15 2008, 03:42 PM) *
Great chapter!

I don't think so, personally. The whole deal with mini!Envy rushing back to Father hasn't been tied up, and I don't think it would take Mei THAT long to get to Central.

It'd be kind of lame if there was a time skip:

Scar: "Oh hai! What happened to that little bloby thing?"
Mei: "Oh, I squish-ted him. Yup. It was pretty epic."
jefe
a long time ago
QUOTE(jefe @ Jul 14 2007 @ 10:50 AM)
maybe greed will desert father again... and father would be all like "...god, i fell for it twice"
APalchemist5
Jefe, you are kindof amazing smile.gif

And anyone else who saw it coming, i really didn't pay attention to it, Greed to me is a complete wild card, he could do anything and I wouldn't be surprised, i mean if he became the ultimate bad guy in some weird plot twist I still wouldn't be surprised. If ed and al died and he became the main protagonist I wouldn't be surprised (ok, maybe a little). That is why i love greed smile.gif

About the time skip, I dont know. I agree with Weis, that there is still more to cover, but I think that we are nicely set up for one, again I wouldn't be surprised smile.gif

(maybe it just isn't easy to surprise me...?)

lol
Michiyo-
First time FMA manga readers, please post your thoughts and discussions on chapter 83 here. smile.gif

Those who have already read further chapters are also welcome to join the discussions, but please do not post any future chapter content on this thread.

This thread is Spoiler Party thread for chapter 83 content, meaning, posters do not have to use Spoiler tags while posting about chapter 83 content on this thread. smile.gif

For the reading reference, please send a PM to A Pierrot's Aria and ask for "Reading Reference Assistance for week 78."
(For more detailed explanation on this, please read Tombow's post here.)

Thank you, A Pierrot’s Aria, for all your help!! ^^
Michiyo-
reserved for chapter information
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.