Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Would You Do If You Owned A Death Note?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime
Pages: 1, 2
Omamori
Grah...Rosi is just curious to see if anyone here thinks like Light Yagami or...whatever. If a thread like this has already been created, delete this one; if this seems like spam, move it to Spam Central since I couldn't really tell if it was spam or not.

...Anyway! So. What would you do if you found a Shinigami's notebook and discovered that "any human whose name is written in the note will die"? Would you use it to create a world of good, like Light Yagami did...or would you burn it, frightened by its power?

Guess you could say this is more of a debate thread? ...not sure. Anyway...here's what I would do, the rest who post just follow suit:

If I found a Death Note, I would most likely use it to clean up the world, pretty much what Light did. I'd be intoxicated by that power and put it to some use; however, after a while, I'd most likely realize what I'm doing, killing criminals, is, in a sense, wrong, and I would get frightened and try to get rid of the notebook.
But that's just me. Heh.

So, how about you guys? I'm curious.
DNA
hmm...

well first off I would show my friend it. one less intellagent then me of corse to write names down so I won't go to aMu. And at that I would onlly use it aganist Major threats to Society like to people like Osama Bin Laden or Hitler.

However Mainlly I would show my Shinigami a Good time. just start up a friendship up with him. I personally think that would be intresting. Playing DDR with a shinigami among other things. and if I were to die from a murderer I would have that possiblity of a "1up" though I wouldn't count on it.
xXdark_kairinekoxX
well i think i will probaly use it on some people and other things aslo i think.
edward elric kat

<Please make a post with little more content, else it will be considered as a spam post... rolleyes.gif 06/22/08 ~Tombow >
Mat-Mat
well first off I would show my friend it. one less intellagent then me of corse to write names down so I won't go to aMu. And at that I would onlly use it aganist Major threats to Society like to people like Osama Bin Laden or Hitler

I agree with you on the less intellegent person, but what happens when you destroy the big criminals in the world? People are going to notice that something is up, and they will find you.

For me, I would destroy some criminals way outside my area, like in England or Germany, so they would be looking for someone in those countries. Also, if I tried to destroy anyone, small or big, in my neighborhood or town, they would find out about me in, uh...4-5 hours. That's who small and gossip-spreading my town is. Also, I would find someone who I could trust, someone who I barely knew, and get them as my next Kira or a substitute Kira if I was under suspstion, just like Light. That way, if there was a time that I needed to kill them for something they did, then I could do it with no regrets of killing a friend. mellow.gif
Little Washu
I'd sell it on eBay.
Omamori
QUOTE(Little Washu @ Jul 4 2008, 07:38 PM) *
I'd sell it on eBay.

Best use for a Death Note I've heard, so far!
Tris the Reaper
Wouldn't use it.

A murderer is a murderer, no matter how you look at it.
Lost Alchemist
What i would do with a death note? *thinks* I'll kill all the bullies in the world and the guy that hit my best buddy! Then I'll tear it up makeing two more death notes and giveing then to my other kira's. Then we will take over the world! MOHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! Misa misa will rule the world with the female Light and Female L.
Hanozo
Probably write my name misspelled in it a few times and rip a couple of pages out. Then use it as a daily school notebook.
jacksparrow589
I'm with Tris on this one. A murderer is a murderer, and I wouldn't become one. Although my reaction coming into posession of it and/or realizing what it is would probably entail screaming and running in the other direction, then coming back to get it so that nobody uses it for its more nefarious purposes and making it unable to carry out said nefarious purposes somehow.
Kari_Neko
I wouldn't write in it because I agree with Tris,killing is wrong.Plus I don't really wanna go to Shinigami world (that's what happens if you use the Death Note or die from it's uses XDDD) but I'd keep the thing as an ace in the hole maybe,or just to keep it out of bad hands.Plus it would be hilarious to play DDR and eat candy with a shinigami.
Popogeejo
I wouldn't use the Death Note simply because it's not practical. Nut's to the moral reasons, the best reason to to use it is that it won't solve anything.

Those who would use it , going from cunning plans posted here, would achieve nothing. Despite what Death Note showed it's not that easy to find local criminals names and faces let alone international criminals. Light also had some unbelievably useful resources (access to his dads computer and by proxy the Japanese Police investigation) and he has his history of solving crimes that got the Police to trust him so easily.

To long; didn't read it: If we used we'd just make a mess and most likely end up dead. biggrin.gif
Little Fixster
Personally I'd destroy the book.
Too much power.

Plus there's no one I hate enough to get my hands dirty and no one I really want to kill. The people you hate now could change and end up being your friends later, or atleast help you in some small way. Maybe not though. Maybe they're just rotten to the core.

Perhaps I'd kill Osama Bin Laden...if he's not already dead by now...
Saving_Grace

Well, I'm not sure if I would want to kill anyone, but on the other hand, if I had an oppertunity to change the world for the better, then perhaps I would take it. I wouldn't do what Light did though; he was just a silly little boy, overwhelmed by his own arrogance and warped ideals.

I might kill off a few people, you know, Osama Bin Laden, Charles Manson, Paris Hilton-- you know, the really evil ones. tongue.gif

I'd hate to have a Shinigami hanging around me. Seriously, after two days I'd be screaming at it to go away. "No! I don't have any flippin' apples!!!"
Mat-Mat
You people who are saying that they would kill off the biggest criminals, you're the stupid ones. I'd admit, killing them would be easy and great for the world, but what you just did is exactly what those murders did to the rest of the world. You'd just be another murderer in the world of crime and hatred. Also, it would be pretty dramatic to the world that the biggest criminals died. Their coverage wouldn't be on T.V. or anywhere the public could find it, they would just appear that they disappeared of the face of the earth. If you people want to kill, kill off the smaller criminals, so at least there is someone who is passing judgement to the world.

Personally, I've come to my senses about some things, and the last post I did, scratch it. A murder is a murder, and only the murderer is to blame, not the purpose. It would be cool to have a shinigami around though except for the part about them only eating apples. I guess the logical thing to do with the Death Note is to get rid of it and be gone with it for the rest of my life. sleep.gif Wow, that's a lot to say. XD
Trifone
I would probably beat someone over the head with it.
That way, they will learn from there mistakes.

Bad criminals.
D<
Mat-Mat
I would probably beat someone over the head with it.
That way, they will learn from there mistakes.

Bad criminals.
D<

Haha, that's funny. I agree in full.
Little Washu
QUOTE(Mat-Mat @ Aug 8 2008, 05:50 PM) *
You people who are saying that they would kill off the biggest criminals, you're the stupid ones. I'd admit, killing them would be easy and great for the world, but what you just did is exactly what those murders did to the rest of the world. You'd just be another murderer in the world of crime and hatred. Also, it would be pretty dramatic to the world that the biggest criminals died. Their coverage wouldn't be on T.V. or anywhere the public could find it, they would just appear that they disappeared of the face of the earth. If you people want to kill, kill off the smaller criminals, so at least there is someone who is passing judgement to the world.

Killing a smaller criminal rather than bigger criminal is ridiculous. That would be like punishing a child for hitting his little sister as opposed to setting the house aflame. Of course that's exaggerated, but you get the point. Now, here's a thought, give the Death Note to the president(one from 2009 on please). Also, if they find one of those big criminals, what do you think they're going to do with him? If they can't find him, killing him may be the only option, rather than leaving them to run amok.
Mat-Mat
God, I hate to repeat myself. Listen, killing off the biggest criminals would cause a big uproar in the world, wondering who did it and they'll be looking for you. They, along with not covering the media of their death, would also would be after you. I'm not saying that killing is a bad thing, it in fact is a good thing to the world. However, you would be the goverment's next target, and I for one, would not like to be executed for killing off one of the biggest criminals in the world. I do however like your idea of giving it to the president, Little Washu. Just leave killing and finding the biggest criminals to the goverment and all its stupid ideas. You just kill who you want to kill, and I'll shall not participate in any of your childish ambitions. sleep.gif
Little Washu
QUOTE(Mat-Mat @ Aug 9 2008, 05:21 PM) *
God, I hate to repeat myself.

You wouldn't have to if you would listen. I'll quote myself:
Now, here's a thought, give the Death Note to the president(one from 2009 on please). Also, if they find one of those big criminals, what do you think they're going to do with him? If they can't find him, killing him may be the only option, rather than leaving them to run amok.

Didn't catch that? Here, I'll say it again:
give the Death Note to the president

Yeah, I'll bet it'll be really hard to find him. And what will they do with him? Have the president decide. Oh wait! He is the goddamn president.
Mat-Mat
God, do you really know how much you're pissing me off. If you actually read somethings in your life, then you would have heard me say.......................
I do however like your idea of giving it to the president, Little Washu. Just leave killing and finding the biggest criminals to the goverment and all its stupid ideas.

Read that statement to yourself over and over again until it gets in that head of yours. I agree with you about the president idea. But once you give it to him, just leave it to him to do whatever the f*** he wants to do with it. If you keep you interfering with the goverment, you'll only become mixed up in their evil plot with our world. You become a f***ed up little democratic supporting kid for all I care. You'll just go down in history as one of the supporters of the hellhole we call the United States.
Little Washu
God, do you really know how much you're pissing me off.

Mission accomplished then.

QUOTE(Mat-Mat @ Aug 9 2008, 05:36 PM) *
You become a f***ed up little democratic supporting kid for all I care.

The president is a republican, stupid.

If you actually read somethings in your life

You sound like my 10 year old brother.
Mat-Mat
Listen, you said you want to give to the Death Note to the person who is going to be the president in the 2009 election and up. If you take the person who is the most likely canadiate (excuse my spelling) it would probably be the DEMOCRATIC canadiate, Obama. Sorry if I didn't make it clearer for you. And, I hope you're happy. happy.gif

You sound like my 10 year old brother.

You're pissing me off like my 8 year old cousin.
Little Washu
QUOTE(Mat-Mat @ Aug 9 2008, 05:46 PM) *
If you take the person who is the most likely canadiate (excuse my spelling) it would probably be the DEMOCRATIC canadiate, Obama.

And that's a bad thing? Democratic is the way to go. Y'know since the last republican voted in only destroyed the country.

the most likely canadiate

DEMOCRATIC canadiate

Canadiate? Ha ha, that's not even close!

But Death Note isn't about America and how messed up it is, so no more of this from me.
Mat-Mat
Thank God, and I told you how bad my spelling is. Let's just end this now and call it a draw.
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Mat-Mat @ Aug 10 2008, 01:21 AM) *
Listen, killing off the biggest criminals would cause a big uproar in the world, wondering who did it and they'll be looking for you. They, along with not covering the media of their death, would also would be after you.

1. How can is cause uproar if it's not going to be reported? It'll barely upset the Criminals. It's not like they don't have numerous successors in line to run the show.
2. Why would they be after who ever used the Death Note? It's not exactly going obvious a Heart Attack is Murder. Even if they do notice the massive coincidence they'd still have no link to the note user. Same goes for the Gov.

You just kill who you want to kill, and I'll shall not participate in any of your childish ambitions. sleep.gif

..but I will participate in your childish debates about a fictional item and act as if this is remotely real!

QUOTE(Little Washu @ Aug 10 2008, 01:28 AM) *
Now, here's a thought, give the Death Note to the president(one from 2009 on please).

Isn't the President meant to uphold the constitution? The Death Note doesn't allow trial and assumes guilt. If you have proof then take the guy to court and observe the law. This is before we look at the fun world of international treaties. America has no jurisdiction outside side it's borders.

Yeah, I'll bet it'll be really hard to find him. And what will they do with him? Have the president decide. Oh wait! He is the goddamn president.

"Dear Mr. President,
Please find enclosed the Death Note. It can kill anyone you want by <explain the rules>
I am not mad. please kill all the big bad criminals."

If you can even get the President in the same room as the Death note I'd be surprised.

QUOTE(Little Washu @ Aug 10 2008, 01:39 AM) *
The president is a republican, stupid.

What does it matter either way? The Pres isn't going to use. He's going to throw it away and think your just another wacky little kid with really stupid ideas.

Here's a fun challenge: Go and find the names of 3 big criminals. Not murders acting alone but proper high ranking members of organised crime. Also a picture for each of them.
Naturally they can't currently be convicted or be facing conviction for their bigger crimes as that would make Death Noting them redundant.

and nothing to do with the little retard-fest
QUOTE(Mat-Mat)
You become a f***ed up little democratic supporting kid for all I care.

The hell?
Omamori
...*sighs*

Thus, once again, another fun little topic goes 'BOOM'!
Naivete
Being the complete idiot I am, I would assume the Death Note was another one the replicas that my friends enjoy carrying around so much and write names in it for fun resulting in coincidental and accidental deaths. Whoops.

Then I'd probably go mad. Fun times would be had if the Death Note existed.
alchemist of the blue sky
If I had a Death Note I would use the heck out of it.
I'm someone people would think would never commit a crime.
That what makes getting away with it so easy.
Muhahahahahahahaha!
Forgiven
Rule the world.
Half Metal
i would probably first kill any terrorists like osama bin laden and make him commit suicide then i probably would get rid rid of it because i would feel bad enough killing one person
lunneth
wow. so many options. i would definetley get osama binladen to go to the usa and commit suicide. then i would watch and learn from the world around me. if i thought i had done to much wrong then i would kill myself like L did with the deathnote. or if not then i would rule the world and try not to become corrupted. i would try really hard actually.
Popogeejo
i would definetley get osama binladen to go to the usa and commit suicide.

Any one seeing a problem here?

Also, why/how would you rule the World? Your one power is to kill people. What are you going to do, kill the President then demand you get voted in?
DN-Moonflower-FMA
Do the same as Light, and dominate the world.
Alphonse Kitty
I'd test it out first. (On one of those annoying jock guys or stuck-up wanna be girls.) When I found out it worked I would probably go into shock for a few days. After getting over it, I would use it as a journal to write in no matter how much the shinigami yells at me.
Innocent-malice
Kill my father and older brother then hide it for future problems.
EquiEdGirl
I would totally use the notebook!! Yea, I'm bad!! tongue.gif
samFMA
Wow, if i had a death note...

I'm not sure what i would do, if i already new what it was and what it could do then id probably kill people that NEEDED to be killed.
Although, i dont think anyone deserves to die.

So i'd probably just destroy it. Do the right thing.
xxangelchanxx
Kill my friend. >: D
Haru0496
i'd kill ppl.. haha just joking tongue.gif
i'd curse my enemy.. haha
kkg22104
Since there's really no one I hate and I don't want to be a murderer, I'd probably burn it.
Nytengale
well, i prolly wouldn't use it to kill anyone. i would want to get creative wit ppl on death row and how they die, but otherwise i wouldnt use it. i would just want to hang out wit ryuk ^__^
Mhacy
kill my EMO sister! (before she kill herself)
dion-fortune
hmm what would I do? you should put some though to it.... I canīt really say what would I do. I mean have people lives in my hands, just like that? that would be some pretty hard decision to make on what to do.... I wouldnīt probably start killing criminals or whatever immidiately but I would carry the notebook with me and if something bad happens I would use it... you know.... if someone hurts my family or friends... I wouldnīt probably think twice about killing him. but I donīt think I would just kill off the people I hate or the criminals. I want to be a lawyer in the future and I disagree with the death penalty. you can never be sure if someone is really guilty and just to take his life.... I donīt think anybody should have that right. but if someone would hurt someone close to me I would be blinded by rage and I wouldnīt regret using death note at the time like that.
EniviD EiraM
if I will not gonna kill anyone then what's the purpose of death note ? *duh ..*

haha !

kazare
I will kill many people that is unkind or is doing something wrong. . . I will also kill those who are torturing me badly. It is mine for the time being right?
Popogeejo
f I will not gonna kill anyone then what's the purpose of death note ? *duh ..*

So if you had a gun you'd just go out and shoot people?
Katya Martin
That's really the whole point of the series; just because you can kill someone in no way means that you should. The point wasn't "it would be cool if I could kill anyone who committed crimes... anyone who was a bad person... anyone who bothered me," it was the madness and fear and destruction that resulted from that kind of attitude.

Personally if I found a Death Note, I'd be curious about its abilities but too cautious to test them, and end up destroying it. Humans aren't meant to decide who among them deserves to die.
Little Washu
I now have people I would like to kill 8D So I'd take the time to think of sensible ways for them to die, and unleash my angst upon them~
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.