Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Choices We Make
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Roleplay Community
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Omamori
...but that doesn't stop them from doing what they're best at: alchemy and continuing their search for the Truth.
The Homunculi have quieted down, causing an air of suspicion to rise in Central Military Command amongst the State Alchemists and soldiers that knew of their existence. However, a new threat arises with the arrival of a large aircraft and an army of armoured men.

Based on Fullmetal Alchemist: The Movie: Conqueror of Shamballa while containing elements of the manga; made-up characters are preffered, but you may use originals if you wish. Please post up a profile of your made-up character; posting up their history is optional as you can introduce their stories and so forth in the roleplay. (If you like, you can add to the plot; that's what a roleplay is, anyway)

Here's my character (frequently used):

Name: Ashley Blair
Alias: Ash, the White Lotus Alchemist, Hatred.
Race: Homunculus
Hair: Dirty-blonde, tousled, shoulder-length.
Eyes: Used to be light-green; currently reptilian, purple (like the Seven other Homunculi).
Personality: Curious, intuitive, stubborn, tricky, serious.
Strong points: Dedication, physical strength, protective.
Faults: Hot-tempered, head-strong, over-confident, reserved, numb, foul-mouthed.
Alchemical style: Alchemy tattoos covering her hands and running up her arms while covering her entire torso, back, and shoulders. Practices Xingese alchemy (known as 'purification arts' or 'rentanjutsu').
Specializes in: Healing and destructive alchemy, detecting auras/flows of chi, medicine.
Family: None, save for someone who claimed to be her 'uncle', but was of no relation.
Apprentice: Hotaru Stille
History: Ash, originally, was born to a happy alchemist couple (whose names are still unknown) about 25 years before. However, when she was 6 years old, she was attacked by a chimera whom left her body hidden in a forest. Her parents could not find her and were distraught over the loss of their daughter. Several months passed and, soon, reports started flooding into military command concerning whole towns and villages slaughtered in a single night. The perpetrators were never found, always hiding and keep out of public eye. It was soon learned by Ash's parents that an old friend of theirs, an alchemist named Yagami Raito, had found their daughter's body...and turned her into a homunculus with a Philosopher's Stone inside her body. Their daughter was now a personification of Raito's hatred for evil and wrong-doing, and had become his killing machine, his weapon; it was her hands that killed the people of all the now-dead towns that Raito destroyed to create more Philosopher's Stones. To save what was once their daughter and the rest of Amestris, the two alchemists used human transmutation to put Ash's Stone into submission, and wound up dying in the process, leaving the homunculus alone.
After the transmutation, Ash awoke with no memory of her life at all before that very moment, as though she'd just been brought to life. She had no memory of her killings nor of her creator, who had disappeared during the ritual. She was found by someone who claimed to be her uncle and was raised by him. Once her Stone had been put into submission, she was able to age normally. However, it seemed that the people of Verlorn, the town she lived in with her uncle, could sense her dark, blood-drenched past, and shunned her, leading to her becoming a 'brat'. When she turned 11, she started learning alchemy from a man named Van Hohenheim, wanting to learn it to gain the approval of the other townspeople who all knew alchemy quite well. It did not work, though, they felt she should not learn it. Disgruntled, she pressed on with learning and cursed at anyone who told her otherwise.
When she was 13, her uncle suffered a heart attack, causing Ash to worry. With the alchemy she'd been learning, she transmuted his heart and believed she had healed it...until he died a week later from the severe wounds and injuries her alchemy had done to not only his heart but the entire inside of his body. Feeling guilt and believing she had killed him, she lived in her house and never came out. For a year she did not go outside, for a year she took a good, long, hard look at herself and realized what a brat she had been.
Around 14 years of age, her sensei took her out of her home to visit her uncle's grave. She resisted at first, but finally consented and went. While at the grave, she told her sensei that she wanted to use her alchemy to save people and that she didn't want to lose anyone else. Once that had been said, Van Hohenheim taught her everything concerning RentanJutsu (Xingese alchemy) until she joined the military at age 18. It wasn't until she was 21 years old that she got her memories back from her time as the homunculus 'Hatred' and is usually in constant conflict with herself, wondering if her hands were meant to kill or help people.
Ash never had friends when she was younger, so, those she's made to this day are those that are precious to her. She does everything in her power to protect them and values their lives over her own. After the death of L, another friend of hers, she's been more resolute to protecting the friends she has left, no matter what the stakes are.
Note: Has an Ouroboros tattoo located on the base of her neck; her 'Ultimate' ability is muscle and strength.
Theme song: Numb - Linkin Park (with Raito), Angels Fall First - Nightwish, Feel the Silence - Goo Goo Dolls.

And here's the start of the roleplay:

It never seemed to stop raining in Central City. For a while now, dark clouds had blanketed the once-blue skies and drenched the city and its inhabitants for hours with ice-cold droplets. Few civilians wandered the streets, especially at this time of day...or, rather, evening, but due to the weather, it was hard to determine if it had ever been day.

A young woman with short, tousled, dirty-blonde hair tied in a loose ponytail sat on the steps in front of Central Military Command. She looked tired, just sitting there with her arms crossed over her folded knees while rain soaked through her clothing. But she didn't look as though she really cared. In her hand, she held her silver pocket watch, a constant reminder of her burden as a State Alchemist; why she didn't ressign was a mystery.

"Oh, how I wish...for soothing rain...all I wish is to dream again," she sang under her breath, cocking her head to the side as she watched the falling rain, ignoring the chaos ensuing inside Military Command behind her; probably another fight between a bunch of drunk Privates. Ash, the White Lotus Alchemist, sighed and resumed singing under her breath, her eyes revealing no emotion at all.
DNA
"That's what happens when you cling to hope" Said a pale figure with a skull like helmet covering part of his head. he sat above ash in his useally emotonaless tone.
Omamori
ooc| ...Somehow, I knew you were gonna join huh.gif

Ash blinked, bangs plastered to her forehead as she looked up at the strange character, expression empty from her face. Noticing his half-skull feature, she furrowed her brow somewhat and decided to speak, voice quiet. "What happens? Depression?" she said, opening her watch with one hand and closing it, doing so every now and then as the rain continued to fall.

"I'm not depressed. Or sad; I just feel empty," Ash explained in a dull tone, looking back at the clouded sky.
DNA
The man said nothing as he looked down. "It feels unbearable. This Trivial world." he said. at this point Ash noticed he look like L in many ways
Omamori
ooc| *hits DNA-kun with mallet of doom* No controlling Ash-chan. And I mean it *bonks again* tongue.gif

"'Trivial'?" Ash raised a brow as her eyes traveled back to him away from the clouds. She blinked, noticing features on him that reminded her of her late friend, L. For a brief moment, a bit of a frown crossed her face, but it quickly disappeared as she took a deep breath and brushed her wet bangs from her light-purple eyes. A Homunculus' eyes. She gingerly touched the Ouroboros tattoo at the base of her neck, a constant reminder of what she truly was and what she'll never be.

The rain continued falling. "What do you find trivial about it?" she inquired, hair hanging around her face like a dirty curtain.
DNA
"There is no meaning in our world for us who live there. That place is meaningless" he said
Omamori
Ash blinked in confusion. "Which world are you talking about?" she inquired, watching the hands of her pocketwatch tick away the time while a few raindrops fell on the clock face. She closed the watch and shoved it into the pocket of her wet pants.

As she sat there, she finally realized that the chi she was sensing from this character...it was different. It felt similar to the chi she sensed when around her apprentice, Hotaru; but it still seemed different.
DNA
"Is there a reason for your existance?" He asked as he slowlly walked down from where he stood
Omamori
Ash fell silent for a few moments after he brought up the question she found so difficult to answer whenever she thought about it. After a few minutes of rain fall, she sighed and tilted her head up to the sky, making no move to shield her face. "I'd rather not think about it," she admitted quietly. Being someone who had been created to kill and had once lived up to her purpose, denying that part of her past was a difficult task, especially when she saw the faces of those she killed almost every night when she slept.
DNA
"if you existed for someone other then yourself, such as a politision or a crimanal, all your doing is allowing him to pose power over others that are meaningless or kill them." Ulquiorra said.
Omamori
Ash was getting more than a little irritated by this strange character and shot a glare at him. "I don't exist for anyone else," she muttered, though it was a pure lie: she only lived for her friends, and, if they were gone, her own life would be over even if she hadn't taken it yet.

The rain didn't stop (obviously) and resumed pouring.
DNA
"thus you exist only to expand your own meaningless." He said as he looked at the cloudy sky.
Omamori
Ash narrowed her eyes in irritation and checked the time again on her pocket watch: 7:49 in the evening. She huffed and shoved the watch back into her pocket. "Say, Skull-face, do you have any business here other than spreading your own damn depression to others?" she said as she stood up and started walking up the steps to the doors of Military Headquarters.
DNA
Ulquiorra followed and Slapped her, slamming her into the wall. "Do not test me. If I Wished then I could crush you"
Omamori
Ash flew into the wall before entering the building and cried out in pain. However, staggering away from the wall while blood spilled from a wound she'd taken to the head and shoulder, the wounds disappeared, alchemical energy regenerating them. After a brief moment, she looked as though she'd never been wounded.
"Nice try, emo bastard, but I'm not like other people," she said, glaring at him.
DNA
"What is...Emo?" He asked still emotionless as his finger glowed and shoot Rosi with a green energy blast. her wounds would heal by there selfs with this Cero blast
Omamori
ooc| DNA-kun...you're getting roleplays confused again *pokes*
DNA
(how? Ulquiorra has just fired a swirlling blast of greeness at you.)
Omamori
ooc| Because you wrote 'Rosi' instead of 'Ash'. I'm not in this one. Muaha. Plus, because Ash is a Homunculus with a Philisopher's Stone inside of her, her wounds can already heal by themselves. *nods*

Ash dodged the blast, wondering what the hell he was. "Emo...is someone who is overtly depressed or pessimistic," she explained, taking a deep breath as she glared at him. She didn't want any trouble, not today of all days.
DNA
(I know that and sorry for the typo. I know Ash is a homunculus however this is suppose to negate that effect.)

"hmm." he said as he once again summoned the multaple Cero blasts from his fingers to attack Ash.
Omamori
ooc| I already know that you know that Ash is a bastard Homunculus created by Raito; I just felt like explaining XD Heh. I see, I see...*still looking for vol. 10 of Bleach* I'm really, really far behind.

Ash dodged the blasts and, instead of running into the building, began running up it to the roof to avoid any more trouble with this troublesome character. That...was when she noticed the hole in his chest. She landed on the roof's edge, noticing that the rain felt heavier up here, and looked down, watching him.
DNA
Ulquiorra looked up for a moment when he did something that looked slightly more powerful then a slap on the building. then it begain to crumble and fall down.
Omamori
What?! Ash leaped off the roof as it crumbled, landed on the ground and slapped her tattoed hands to the concrete. Alchemical energy enveloped the building as it crumbled, but after a moment, it ceased destruction and was restored to its original form. Ash took a deep breath, irritated by the amount of power she needed to use for that transmutation and glared at the white-robed man.

"...Say...who the hell are you? I already know you're not human, but you don't appear to be a Homunculus, either..." she said, rising up from her crouched position while rain continued to soak her clothing.
DNA
"Ulquiorra Schiffer...Espada." he said as he ran over and grabbed Ash's Neck. He lifted her up untill he could pinpoint the strange enrgy from her stone a sunk his hand near to spot sightlly scrathed it and waited for the resoltes
Omamori
Ash's eyes shot wide in surprise by the sudden movements. She grabbed his wrist to break it, but when he put his hand into her chest and scratched her Stone, she froze and held her breath. However, nothing happened; in fact, not even she knew what scratching a Philosopher's Stone did and pulled his hand from her neck withs surprising force. She fell on her bottom and rubbed her throat, glaring angrily at him.
DNA
"I don't think that i did it with to much force." He said as he leaned forward to do a Cero blast.
Omamori
Ash flipped backwards, avoiding the blast and fled, disappearing somewhere amidst the rain and fog that had begun to build up. Truth was, she was running through the fog, but at a speed normal humans wouldn't notice. However, the chances were high of him finding her.

"Damn it...all I wanted was a rest, away from it all," she muttered as she ran. Then she looked up at the sky and skidded to a stop in the middle of an empty street, staring at the clouds with wide-eyes.
DNA
Ulquiorra appeared behind her while she stared and Silentlly Blasted Ash's Arm off with his Cero. "Trash." he said
Omamori
Ash cried out briefly in pain and kicked Ulquiorra in the chest. "Goddammit, leave me the hell alone!" she yelled as her arm started regenerating once the original missing limb had disintegrated. She ran off again, cursing silently under her breath as she kept her eyes locked on the clouds. They appeared to be forming something, like a hole in the sky. But instead of revealing dark-blue evening color, they formed a hole to show to the world below darkness, pitch-black.

"What is that?" she wondered as she continued running. The rain had suddenly stopped, just like that, which rose suspicion around the current situation.
DNA
"Grimmjow...you idiot." Ulquiorra said behind ash no longer fighting her at the moment/
Omamori
Ash gritted her teeth. "Quick question: why the hell are you following me, bastard?" she inquired, irritation evident in her tone. However, she kept her eyes on the hole in the sky and noticed a pinpoint of light forcing its way through the darkness. The light blossomed into something the reminded Ash of the sun.

"...I'm sensing something..." Ash muttered, staring at the light. Soon, civilians came out of their homes and soldiers from Military Headquarters emerged from the buildings to watch the strange phenomenon.
DNA
Ulquiorra ignored ash as he looked at the sky.
Omamori
What's going on? Ash thought, narrowing her eyes as she stared at the light. What emerged from the light was something she hadn't expected: it appeared to be a large aircraft of some sort, a rather bulky one, marked with odd, black goo that formed faces on the body. Black streaks followed the ship, then slid back into the light while several other aircrafts, smaller than the first, flew in and soared over the buildings.

"...What the hell are those?" she wondered, watching them as they flew by. One of them crashed nearby in the street, crushing a lightpost. The hatch of the aircraft opened and several armoured men slowly marched out, helmets hiding their faces and black goo sticking to their arms and legs, similar to the goo on the larger aircraft.
DNA
"Trash." Ulquiorra said as the soilders rasied there guns and shoot at Ulquiorra. all the bullets were crushed by his skin.
Omamori
"Hm?" Ash watched the armoured men with a quirked brow. She could sense something...yet there was something she couldn't sense. "...They're dead..." she murmured, their bodies empty of chi. Yet, they were moving. Wait a minute...golems? she wondered, remembering Hotaru's old city, Schwiegengel, and the events in that city.

A bullet shot her arm, but the wound healed and she started yelling at the civilians that were fleeing from the men, "RUN TO THE COUNTRYSIDE! HURRY!"
Redtail
ooc| Too late to join or not? Hi Rosi-san and DNA-kun! biggrin.gif
Omamori
ooc| Red-chan! biggrin.gif Nein, never too late to join! happy.gif
Redtail
ooc| YEY! I shall add Kyo, Virus, and maybe Shadow- but Virus and Shadow arn't evil...well...Shadow you don't know if he's evil or not yet >:3

Virus ran up behind Ash, in human form. "What's happening??" he asked curiously, puzzled on what was going on. Kyo came up behind them. "Is this the military's fault?" she asked, annoyed slightly.

Omamori
ooc| Yayz! smile.gif

Ash turned to them and shook her head, "No, it's not the Military; I have no idea where they came from..." A new line of armoured men began shooting behind her. She whipped around, slapped her hands to the ground, and disintigrated the ground ahead of them, sending the wave of destruction towards the armoured men.
Redtail
occ| Virus still has a crush on Ash though. biggrin.gif Oh, and don't forget to post on Lost Haven!! biggrin.gif

"Nice," Virus said with a grin. He senced a guard behind him and whipped around, sending a foot in his face. (haha :]). Kyo smiled and pulled chalk out of her pocket. Quickly drawing a transmutation circle on the ground, she pressed it sending a wave of spikes at the armoured men and knocking some out.
Omamori
ooc| Ha, ha...I'll remember when I can think of a reply *nods*

The armoured man that Virus kicked fell backwards, but got right back on its feet, as though it hadn't been kicked at all. The other armoured men that Kyo had wounded resumed attacking while those that Ash had harmed staggered forward (as their legs had gotten caught in the destruction attack).

"...Eh...forgot: they're dead," Ash muttered, eyelid twitching slightly as she looked around for an exit of some sort. The aircrafts resumed zooming overhead. Ash looked up and noticed the larger aircraft, the first one that had come through, and raised a brow. Then, she caught sight of guns that the ship was aiming at the city, and frantically looked around. "Damn it! They're gonna destory the place!" And where the hell is the Military?
Redtail
occ| Ok that's good ^^ Hope you think of a reply soon then! : D

Kyo looked over and saw a white, furry thing coming towards them, with Men in blue uniforms behind her. Kyo grinned. "Kisha and the military have arrived," she beamed. Virus looked over and smiled as he saw his sister running towards them. "Joy we're saved," he replied sarcastically.
Omamori
ooc| Yeah, I hope so too *resumes thinking while reading D.Gray-Man*

Ash watched Kisha approach, not having see her in a while, and gave a crooked smile. "Well, they're finally here," she said, "problem is...these men won't stay down; they're probably being controlled." She had been in a situation like this before (and it didn't bring any pleasent memories) and thought for a moment of what they should do. That was when she remembered the aircrafts.

"..I think that large aircraft is controlling them; it's just a guess, though," she muttered, looking up.
Redtail
Kisha listened to Ash and nodded. She ran over and told a military officer, who then ordered some men to take aim at it. Virus put a hand on Ash's shoulder. "How do you come up with this stuff?" he asked quizzically. Kyo rolled her eyes and pushed her brother away from Ash. "Flirt," she said smiling, causing Virus to glare at her.
Omamori
ooc| ...I need caffeine... *has a horrible headache*

"It was just a gue--!!" Ash grabbed Virus and Kyo by the collars of their shirts, and back-flipped out of the way, taking them with her, while a barrage of bullets shot from the large aircraft and at where they'd just been standing. Ash landed on her feet and took a deep breath. "...Uh...a guess," she said, letting go of them as smoke from the bullets rose and blinded their view of the city and soldiers.
Redtail
Kyo began to cough from the spoke. "Dammit," she cursed in between coughs. "Where are they?" Virus looked around, he had become separated from both Ash and Kyo. "Hello?" he yelled, "Ash? Kyo?"
DNA
In the middle of the wave Ulquiorra was simplly makeing phisical conntact with the soilders as they fell into pieces. "Worthless." he said as he had cut a line beween the frount and back of the wave.
Omamori
Ash noticed Virus missing and tried to sense his chi. "Virus? Where are ya?" she called through the curtain of smoke. Then, a metal hand of one of the armoured men reached through the smoke, grabbed Ash by the wrist and threw her across the street and through the window of the Military Hotel's first floor.
DNA
Ulquiorra simplly countued Attacking the Armored men with his hands. at one point he jumped Clear of the smoke and shoot Cero Blasts in a large range Casueing the 2nd had of the wave to have only have there previous members.
Redtail
Virus head Ash and practically almost screamed. "ASH!!" he yelled, running over to her to help her. Kyo continued coughing, not sure what was going on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.