Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Did You Cry When You Watched The Last/final Episode Of Fma (series-1)?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
Ethreal
Lol. Just randomly wanted to ask people this after watching the series for like...the seventh time. No matter how hard I try, I always cry at the last episode. Not full on sobbing, but I need a tissue. And normally, I cry, like...once in a couple of months. I'm a tough cookie, I hardly ever cry.
Poor Ed. He needs a hug.
The Frozen Alchemist
I didnt. I was upset that the last episode ended like that, but theres no way i would cry over a tv show.
Petra
Yes Ed does need a hug! ;-;
And yes, I did cry. You can call me a crybaby, I know, but I cry easily so deal with it!
Ethreal
Lol. I always break down at the point where Ed is standing infront of the gate and you just see the tears running down his face.
Unown
Same as The Frozen Alchemist. I was really upset and disappointed, and extremely surprised. Only I can cry over a tv-show, except over this one. Maybe if it ended in a different way.
Havanese
I can't recall exactly, but no, I don't think so. I think I've only cried once during the entire span of the series, and that was when Hughes died.
Claudius
Oh I remember those eventful weeks of the last episodes...
Taped them at night and waited the next day to watch them (so I could sleep at night without getting all fired up by cliffhangers).
In the week before 51's US premiere, I watched the previous 9 episodes. The Sunday after, I watched 25 (in a desperate hope to resolve my mourning), the second half of 50 (and Envy's...impersonation), 51 and then the movie (An import DVD).
Did I cry? No. Was I angry or disappointed? Big emphasis on NO. Sure, some things I wanted did not happen...
No demise or punishment for Envy (the movie compensates), and no special final word on Hughes' memory (couldn't we have a scene of Roy being Elysia's surrogate father?).

Still, the episode more than compensated:
Roy killing Pride. Dante getting eaten. Edward's sacrifice. Alphonse fully human. Roy and Riza having some, if brief, good times (sorry Roy, but like Scar, vengeance has consequences!).

And then the movie shortly afterwards was even better!
Sorry for the long rant, when a simple Y or N would suffice.

-Claudius, self-appointed defender of FullMetal Alchemist: Conqueror of Shamballa
Petra
The only two parts I cried at were...

When Hughes' died and when...
Edward died, though it only lasted a short time until he came back, and then he cried a bit at the gate, I was crying as well like crazy, and my brother told me I was a cry baby. lol
Edward Elric1432
yeah i cried a little....the part where Alphonse's image came in front of ed in the gate scene on the last episode got to me...i mean if you had a little brother and he was that last person you had, wouldn't you cry too? mellow.gif
Havanese
QUOTE(Edward Elric1432 @ Apr 16 2008, 10:13 PM) *
yeah i cried a little....the part where Alphonse's image came in front of ed in the gate scene on the last episode got to me...i mean if you had a little brother and he was that last person you had, wouldn't you cry too? mellow.gif

Unless I hated him, yes, I would. tongue.gif And if it was Alphonse, then definitely.
xXdark_kairinekoxX
yes i was very very upset when ed died and huges did too. but aslo i reocord the last esp and i still have it. but then i watch the movie and i was so happy when ed and al are reunited. i was so happy.
edxwinryfan
yeah i cried from when in the 2nd last episode when Ed was killed and then practically all the way though the last episode
~Kurenai~
yup.
The Wiz
I admit it, I cried. I just finished watching the last episode and it was very touching as this series tends to be. Hated to see it come to an end. I enjoyed it immensly. Original storyline, great characters all very well done.
FmaRulz111
Alittle bit. It was so sad when they were seperated. sad.gif
Dr.JeVousManger
yes... only a little though... and I still get emotional sometimes from hearing Rewrite D:
xXdark_angel_nekoXx
the only times that i really cried was when ed got killed, huges got killed and his funeral, and the last half of the ep 51 . and people know me for not expressing my feelings that well.
fmaultimafangirl_1
Yes, i cried my eyes out because when i watch anime, i really connect with the charachters and i seem 2 feel how they feel. i also cried after the movie because instead of both winry and al being in amestris, now winry is all alone.

I FULLY BELIVE WITH ALL MY HEART THAT ED, AL, AND WINRY SHOULD BE TOGETHER IN AMESTRIS. I FULLY BELIVE WITH ALL MY HEART THAT ED, AL, AND WINRY SHOULD BE TOGETHER IN AMESTRIS.

why? because i am a hopefu fangirl that belives in friendships and true love.

<edited out email address>
Tombow
<Program Note>
QUOTE (fmaultimafangirl_1 @ Mar 30 2009, 06:50 PM) *
Yes, i cried my eyes out because when i watch anime, i really connect with the charachters and i seem 2 feel how they feel. i also cried after the movie because instead of both winry and al being in amestris, now winry is all alone.

I FULLY BELIVE WITH ALL MY HEART THAT ED, AL, AND WINRY SHOULD BE TOGETHER IN AMESTRIS. I FULLY BELIVE WITH ALL MY HEART THAT ED, AL, AND WINRY SHOULD BE TOGETHER IN AMESTRIS. ...

@fmaultimafangirl_1 - Arrrgh, that all Red post in IMPACT font and part of it in all CAPITAL hurts my eyes, and it's awfully hard for me to read the actual post content. >.<

Anyway, welcome to our board!! ^^ Here, on our board, you don't have to scream like that with your post, and if you did these so that everyone might read your post, then IMO that's not helping, because IMO that's actually making it difficult to read. So, I changed your post from RED to our usual font color (at least.)

And, I took out your email address and the part that's asking our members to email that address, as anyone who is interested to view your "extension" story can contact you by PM on our board.

Also, we do have our own fanfics forum on our board also, so if your "extension" story is PG13 material that is safe to post on our board then you can post that here and share that with our members that way also (but, please make sure anything you post on our board is PG 13 material.) smile.gif
Tycel
I'll admit to crying;) especially when Winry said with that sad expression "Guess this is goodbye forever" in the movie (she was always one of my favorite characters.
x_gensoukyoku
Yes, though not as much as I was expecting. I get WAY too absorbed in those things. I think I was more shocked than anything.

I was quite the emotional wreck for the next few days though.
Envy II
I believe I did, a little bit.

Back then I didn't even know that the manga was different... lol.
Rainshine
I can't remember, but I'm pretty sure I did. sad.gif
Cold-Blooded-Alchemist
I cried when ed was killed and I was upset with how the series ended. THen the movie came and I was pleased ^.^
xbrittanyx
I really didn't cry at the end but i was so sad!!! the only time i cried was at hughes' funeral. Watching his little girl just was so sad!
Rainshine
Okay, i definitely cried when Alfons died.
And when Hughes died.
evel
Yeeees, I did. Couldn't help it. Not much, since I'm not very crying person and I don't usually cry even then when I feel so. But I did, it was so sad. ;< In general I don't like endings of things or series I like, when it's like The End, dot, no more. But yeah eh.
Miverel
Yup... I cried a lot... But I was very young back then so perhaps it was the main cause XD
But I bet that now I would cry as much as before... This ending is just so sad and heartbraking... ;___;
Katya Martin
Tears don't come easily to me. I think I shed a few at the ending though... The manga/Brotherhood ending, I'm thinking, might properly make me cry.
Broken Chouchou
I don't recall crying anything through the series, but I felt very sad on several occasions. It got me very emotional, in several different ways, not just by feeling sadness. It's an emotional show, and so is the ending. It is sad. But it's still hopeful, in a mellow way. The ending is pretty perfect, in my opinion.
Fullmetal666
I shed a couple of tears when I saw the ending.
But the sadist I ever got was when Wrath killed Lust.
Taylor95
I think I did cry a little, but that was kind of expected because I always cry over just about everything.
MsLinn
I cried very much episode 50-51, but I didn't cry for anything else, not even the movie, or certains peoples' death, which surprised me a bit, cause I'm the girl who cries watching Extreme Home Makeover...
ScarMySoul
I didn't cry then but I was sitting there with the ohmy.gif look on my face going 'that's it?'

laugh.gif

I only cried when Hughes died....
xHearter
omg, I cried so much!!!! >.<
especially when Ed got stabbed, I was like screaming, crying, throwing stuff around and going kinda insane, and then I remembered there were two more episodes including the movie, so I clicked the second one, and was crying throw out the whole theme song and then I finally calmed down but then it showed Ed again and then I was like, NOOOOOOOOOO! and then it showed the part with mustang and I was just about to skip it to get to Edward and see what happened and then Al brought him back and I was like, YES! wait.....NOOOO AL!!! *cries* then ed brought him back and I was like, YES!!!!wait....NOOOOOOOO ED!!! *cries*

yeah, i cried in almost every episode. xD
in the last one I cried when wrath died
then when Alfonse Hiedrich died
and then at the end, cuz ed and al weren't together.
xD

(I'm a cry baby, yes I know! dont judge me!!!! >.<)
xMinty
no I actually didnt XD

Friendly Tip: Please say more in your posts. For example, here you could have explained why you didn't cry - Chiyo
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.