Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Persona 4
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Game
Pages: 1, 2
Hanozo
Only a trailer is out but man the game looks awesome and guess what. Its for the PS2 biggrin.gif
Blitz
It's supposed to be in a rural setting and I think changing weather conditions, too. :3
Hanozo
and once again Blitz is the only one who seems interested in the Persona series tongue.gif
Blitz
Well, we're pretty much the only people on this forum who even seems to have heard of it, except for Tris. Still, it's pretty exciting, a new Persona game. biggrin.gif
Colette
It does look really good, yeah. Not as good as FES and Original Persona 3, but that's probably my favorite PS2 game atm anyway.
Prince the Ripper
I'm just excited that there is a 4th one coming x3 I still haven't beaten FES yet, but with the 4th one coming out, it's giving me motivation to do so, since P4's supposed to be a sequel to P3 from what I've read, only taking a year or so after the events in P3.

Edited DX I meant P3 at the end...not 4 =.=
Ailuro
QUOTE(Summoner Colette @ May 3 2008, 02:03 PM) *
It does look really good, yeah. Not as good as FES and Original Persona 3, but that's probably my favorite PS2 game atm anyway.

Agreed.

*refers to avatar*
Hanozo
QUOTE(L Ryuuzaki @ Aug 25 2008, 09:47 AM) *
I'm just excited that there is a 4th one coming x3 I still haven't beaten FES yet, but with the 4th one coming out, it's giving me motivation to do so, since P4's supposed to be a sequel to P3 from what I've read, only taking a year or so after the events in P3.

Edited DX I meant P3 at the end...not 4 =.=

Yea its like 2 years so get read for suprises laugh.gif
Ailuro
Have you seen Chihiro in the trailers? Damn, she got hot. mellow.gif
Hanozo
Yea she sure changed A LOT.......meh I want to see the former S.E.E.S members when they are all grown up >.<
Blitz
^ Wha?! Chihiro is the bookwormish girl, right? Uh, treasurer?

I wasn't aware that this was supposed to be a sequel. I'm very pumped now. I still need to finish FES, tho. I'm about halfway through.
Fushi
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Aug 28 2008, 11:00 AM) *

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat, is she in the same trailer I watched some time ago, or a new one?

I heard in one of the trailers a bunch of other MegaTen characters make an appearance. Or at least Argilla from Digital Devil Saga does. mellow.gif
Colette
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Aug 28 2008, 10:00 AM) *
She does seem to have changed, thankfully. She was irritating and just plain creepy in Persona 3.
Fushi
QUOTE(Summoner Colette @ Aug 30 2008, 05:43 PM) *
QUOTE(Ailuro @ Aug 28 2008, 10:00 AM) *
She does seem to have changed, thankfully. She was irritating and just plain creepy in Persona 3.

Hey, I liked her. 8(
Colette
Chihiro confessed that she had dreams about me and making a bunch of other moves on me, so when the option came up I thought it would be appropriate to kiss her.

The music turned satanic. The Justice Card appeared on the screen and turned literally blood red. She started screaming about how I betrayed her and couldn't be trusted.

It was the scariest scene in the entire game ;_;
Blitz
^ Holy crap. Scary.

I think I remember that scene, but I opted to just hold her hand.
Ailuro
QUOTE(Summoner Colette @ Aug 30 2008, 07:17 PM) *
Chihiro confessed that she had dreams about me and making a bunch of other moves on me, so when the option came up I thought it would be appropriate to kiss her.

The music turned satanic. The Justice Card appeared on the screen and turned literally blood red. She started screaming about how I betrayed her and couldn't be trusted.

Haha, I don't remember that scene at all. laugh.gif
Fushi
QUOTE(Summoner Colette @ Aug 30 2008, 08:17 PM) *

Serves you right. B| You're supposed to take it slow and hold her hand, Georgie Porgie.
Colette
Well duh you're supposed to go slow with Chihiro, but I enjoy picking the wrong answers for people to view their reactions, assuming I saved before hand. I just wasn't expecting....that.
Prince the Ripper
I never expected to get that one...I had gotten it too with the original P3 >_< Creeped me out completely seeing as I was playing it in the middle of the night with barely any lights on *so that I wouldn't get the "turn off the lights" speech from my mom*. I learned not to do that ever again ._.

And I think at least one former S.E.E.S member is supposed to show up but I think that's just a rumor that was mentioned in a fanclub at another forum I'm at.
Blitz
Anyone seen the preorder goodies?

Artbook and OST. Similar to the P3 preorder gifts [<3 Absolutely love the artbook]. ATLUS makes nice stuff. :3

Here, if anyone wants a looksie
Hanozo
WOOT PREORDERED MINE and getting artbook happy.gif. Anybody also heard of the expansion one that comes with more goodies =PHere
Prince the Ripper
Got both thanks to mom and my continuous talk about P4 XD
Then got scared when someone got the card number and the card was cancelled...cuz she said she would have to take the P4 stuff off...and then the card company said that they were transfering everything onto a new card up to the last purchase before the number was stolen, so I'm back to being happy happy.gif

But I can't wait! In about 2 weeks! It's almost here =D
lunneth
yaynage. my bro turned 16 recently and he got p3 whch is good and i got a save.
Colette
I beat the game last week.

I love Kanji and Naoto so much. It's a thousand times better than Persona 3.
Little Washu
Got it recently. The only thing I'm not liking so far is this turned-based fighting system. I'm more of a free-for-all person, so I think after this I'll just head back to my .hack//, Okami and Naruto~
Blitz
QUOTE (Colette @ Jan 19 2009, 09:24 PM) *

As much as I love P3, P4 just blew it out of the water.

Started my second playthrough a couple of weeks back, and it's amazing how many references at the start of the game I can pick up now. :]
Little Washu
I got stuck in a TV...but it was too small for me to get though XD. That part made me lol. But, I finally got to go in the TV with Chie and Yosuke...and then got out again. Not much going on in it right now XD
xXdark_angel_nekoXx
never even heared of this game series but i will check it out and tell you what i think.
Hanozo
lol this topic suddenly became somewhat active.....anyways yea Persona series are awesome all the way.

Gotta love the humor in this game XD
Little Washu
Will there be a 5th one? I'm still trying to save Yukiko, but still, I'd also like to play the others. My only complaint with 4 is that the protagonist is ugly D: I want the one I saw for the 3rd game >w>
Blitz
^ Souji is not ugly. D: I suppose Minato is way more pretty looking.

Ahahaha, favorite quotes from P4 [they aren't that spoilerish, but just in case]:

"And who the hell came up with this play? 'Romeo and Juliet and Hamlet'. Dude, THEY ALL DIE!"

- Kou

"HANDS OFF THE PENGUIN! It's mine!"

- Kanji

"And then, we do stuff like, "Persona!" with our Personas and beat the crap outta Shadows..."

- Yukiko Amagi

"Critical hit... to the nads...."

- Yosuke Hanamura

Little Washu
^I thought his hair was sorta ugly... And did Yukiko really say that!!? That sounds so unlike her...I guess she changes...

Souji? He has a name?! *shot*
Blitz
^ She says that on a trip to Tatsumi Port Island, which is where Persona 3 took place. There's several references that make you squeal if you've played P3 before P4.

Souji is his manga name; like Minato being P3's protagonist's manga name.
Little Washu
I couldn't find 3, all the store had was 4 >.<

Ah. I always just called him "The Protagonist" XD. I like 'Minato' better then~

Also, I can't get enough of Dave Wittenberg as Teddie. That man, is so amazing. He can do so many voices that sound nothing alike! Anyway.

...Kanji looks ooolllldddd.
xXdark_angel_nekoXx
wow all of you are really nice talking about this type of topic. i think that it is really funny the way that you guys are saying. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Hanozo
QUOTE (Blitz @ Jan 21 2009, 09:50 PM) *
^ She says that on a trip to Tatsumi Port Island, which is where Persona 3 took place. There's several references that make you squeal if you've played P3 before P4.

Souji is his manga name; like Minato being P3's protagonist's manga name.

isn't that a bit of a spoiler for people who didn't get that far yet?
Blitz
^ Not necessarily, but if it makes you feel better, I'll go put it under a spoiler [shrugs]. If they don't know what Tatsumi Port Island is, then it doesn't hurt. And most P4ers have played P3.

I haven't given away any explicit details about certain scenes or anything.

@ Washu - If you want to play P3, then buy Persona 3: FES. It's definitely available in stores/online like Gamestop and Amazon.
Little Washu
Is it a different game, or the same thing? I've heard of it, but I heard it was like, and updated version or something.

Man, after you save Yukiko, there's not much goin' on yet...
Hanozo
QUOTE (Blitz @ Jan 24 2009, 11:06 PM) *
^ Not necessarily, but if it makes you feel better, I'll go put it under a spoiler [shrugs]. If they don't know what Tatsumi Port Island is, then it doesn't hurt. And most P4ers have played P3.

I haven't given away any explicit details about certain scenes or anything.

@ Washu - If you want to play P3, then buy Persona 3: FES. It's definitely available in stores/online like Gamestop and Amazon.

Meh I was speaking for the people who jumped right onto P4 like Washu tongue.gif
Blitz
Just on a trivial matter,

IT'S ADACHI'S BIRTHDAY. HAHAHAHA.

He probably just wants cabbages.
Little Washu
I still have to save Kanji.
Gay Kanji is gay.

And Naota is a girl, yes?
Hanozo
^Yea

And gay kanji is Shadow Kanji. Its really hard to explain.

The shadow self, is a representation of a person's most repressed feelings. Upon being thrown into the Midnight Channel this person's repressed feelings are made into an actual place. These repressed feelings are taken and turn up to the most extreme level. Even making harmless fears like "I have stage fright. " Seem like "THE STAGE LIGHTS BURN ME WHENEVER THE LIGHT IS UPON ME! "

Yousuke for example
Yosuke's Shadow takes the form of a cartoon frog with a body on top; the body and frog resemble his Persona. It represents his resentment of living in a small country town with little to do, as well as his wish to do something interesting like play hero.

Thats how it is.

(Info credited to gamefaqs)
Little Washu
^I've known all that for a long while now... XD But not-shadow Kanji is also gay...at first >w>
lunneth
QUOTE (Colette @ Jan 19 2009, 08:24 PM) *
I beat the game last week.

i dont particularly like the new charas. the main has a really dogdy fringe. and the girl looks wierd. the rest ive yet to see. anyway i liked minato alot but its sad at the end of p3. aigis took orpeous angry.gif
my fav quote in p3 is if you get the yukari ending. she simply says i hope i dont scream. my other is if you go up to junpei and say your going to tartarus when everyone else is unable to exept him and you. just go find out yourself. its funny...i promise. tongue.gif
Broken Chouchou
I want this game soo bad... might almost consider buying a new ps2 for it (hate my old one for giving up on me in the middle of Okami)
Little Washu
Damn...Izanagi is so useless D:!! The only good attack he can use is "Zio"!! No other elemental attacks...that sucks ;__;

Ah, can't wait for Shadow Teddie, only to hear my favorite VA use an evilish voice. He can get it so high, and so low, he's so amazing TwT...

Anyway, I wish Shiroku Store would sell SP healing items. I find my only difficulty is not using it all by the 6th floor...

Oh, another complaint, the OST doesn't have my favorite song ;__; It's the one you hear when you go into the TV World...
Blitz
I has the full OST.

I hardly ever used Izanagi. But, damn, his "true" form is pretty bitchin'.
Little Washu
My OST says "Side A" on the one side with the picture of Izanagi, but then what's "Side B"? It's a mystery...

"True" form eh? I've yet to achieve anything close...I'm currently in love with one named "Principality", due to the use of Hama >w<. Though, as far as allies go, Yukiko is definitely the most useful, Yosuke being the 2nd.
lunneth
jeez u all have it already. im jealous.my tv broke and a friend is borrowing the other tv in my room and mum and dad dont like the ps2/3 downstairs. im boned on the gaming front EDIT: MY BRO GOT IT TODAY. WOOOOOOOOOT IM SO HAPPY YAYZELLZ
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.