Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vol. 19 (chapters 74, 75, 76, 77, & 78)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Havanese
~ Volume 19 Cover Art! ~ It's out in Japan on March 12, 2008!

Volume 19 has been released in Japan! I found these on amazon.co.jp and mobuta.com -- I posted both of them because they are a little different (the lighting is brighter in the second image).

Most people have probably seen it already, but I wanted to post it just in case. smile.gif Well... what do you think? I like it a lot, but it's not my favorite... young!Hoho is awesome, though!
Chiyo
I think its a good one for summing up Hoho's life at that stage, dark and brooding, and for those who don't know the recent chapters they'll pick it up thinking it's Ed
Sensenic
Really beautiful and warm, but again I can't help thinking there's sth wrong with the perspective, Hoho's pose/phisiology is hard to catch... uh... whatever.

Guesses for the side character? Maybe Bob (Homunculus/Bodyless!Daddy)?
Chibi_Girl29
OMG >O< THAT'S SOO FU*KIN AWSOMME !!
IT SOO beautiful and don't know why but but it's pretty sad..
Edamame
Wow, that is a truly beautiful cover. (Yes, I am thoroughly biased.) I love all the small details that Arakawa-sensei has added into the background. I rather like the perspective; it feels as though you the observer are looking in through a window, and watching the scene play out. (It looks as though everything is on a slant.) There is a nice interplay between light and dark here as well, what with young Hohenheim looking as though his body is slowly being "devoured" by the shadows in the corner. I think this is my favourite cover thus far.
Tombow
Thank you Havanese for posting those!!
Young Ho-ho is looking good!! Very nice!!
And, the "Bob" made the appearance, too!!
Alchemical
I can't wait to put young!Hoho in my collection~ ;D
RoyxRizaFan
Really beautiful and warm, but again I can't help thinking there's sth wrong with the perspective, Hoho's pose/phisiology is hard to catch... uh... whatever.

i understand what you're saying. I felt that at first, too, but I can't help loving it because it's HOHO and BOB! YAY! I wonder whose on the side, too. I wish they showed that with the cover.

Thanks for the pic, Havanese
Petite-Parfait
This is so tight, definately one of my favorite covers. There's so much little detail and story behind this, and the coloring is lovely.
Havanese
QUOTE(Tombow @ Mar 10 2008, 10:12 AM) *
Thank you Havanese for posting those!!
Young Ho-ho is looking good!! Very nice!!
And, the "Bob" made the appearance, too!!

You're very welcome! happy.gif
Naivete
Ohhh, this one looks vastly different from the past covers. I guess it's the absence of a pose.

It's nice work as always, but doesn't look like it'll be a favourite.
Causmicfire
I really like that it's on an angle, and the detail.

If "bob" isn't on the side, maybe Marco.
WhiteLadyoftheRing
I love the coloring. And young!Hoho is awesome. <3
Chiisana
I feel that the covers are getting darker and darker ._.
I am not SHORT!
Awesome! xD I was wondering if someone had posted it and I missed out on it!
AA battery
We need to know more about Hoho's life than just that 1.5 chapter >_<

I hope there will be some omake about that homunculus in the bottle 8D
Havanese
Chiisana: They definitely are getting darker. It makes me sad that there aren't as many lighthearted, sweet moments in the recent chapters... but what can you do? sad.gif

AA battery: If an anime adaption that's loyal to the manga is ever made, I hope they add more scenes to Hoho's past and flesh it out a bit more. That would be great...
Astria
Oh, now that is lovely. I think the detail there is beautiful and the perspective, though a little odd to my eyes, works nicely. I think this has topped 15 as my favourite cover to date.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.