Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trans-siberian Orchestra
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Music
Omamori
Three members of the heavy-metal group, Savatage, started this band in 1996, their genre pretty-much rock versions traditional Christmas songs along with their own rock renditions of classical music (Ode to Joy, Beethoven's 5th, etc...). Currently, they've released four albums, Christmas Eve & Other Stories, The Christmas Attic, Beethoven's Last Night, and The Lost Christmas Eve. Sometime this spring, they're to release a new album, Night Castle, which includes their rock rendition of the song 'O Fortuna' by Carl Orff.

Personally, they're one of my all-time favorite groups, and their lyrics and stories in their albums are wonderful! The lyrics are very poetic and beautiful while their stories belong under the 'fantasy' genre.

So. Do you love 'em or hate 'em?
Chiyo
I haven't heard many pieces by them, but I love their version of Carol of the Bells, Trans-Siberian Christmas songs are pretty original at Christmas time.
Slashrose1010
The only song I like by them is Wizards in Winter because it's so damn catchy and the song writing is pretty decent too, but other than that, they utterly bore me. They're more of a band that got popular because of a Christmas gimmick. Otherwise they're a pretty standard heavy metal/hard rock band with classical music influences. They're not terrible, but just uninspired in my opinion.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.