Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crack Pairings
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
Pages: 1, 2
wssarrow
I'm a huge fan of rare pairings, and I didn't see this topic anywhere; so...I decided to create it. Hopefully it doesn't exist already. I made most of these up on the spot, but others are (obviously) supported by Anime and/or manga content.
smile.gif
Popogeejo
I have deflowered your poll!

Greed and Izumi is made of awesome.
Causmicfire
BarryxRiza, though I'd love to see a BarryxOlivier fic, I think they'd enjoy slicing things up together.
Fushi
Ha. These are tame. Most of them are hardly crack at all just a little uncommon.

My friend's OTP is ArmstrongxFuery. Another absolutely adores HughesxEd. I personally like ScarxRoy and some DantexRoy too for that matter. Beat those. ;P

Don't even get me started on the crossover crack pairings. tongue.gif
Jennifer Darknight
XD Crack pairings? Let's see...

Series!Crack:

Alfons Heiderich with ANYONE.

Crossover!Crack:

Ed x Tomoyo (Yes, CCS Tomoyo)
Al x Fuko Ibuki (From Clannad XDDD)
Havoc x Kotonoha Katsura (From School Days XDDDD)
Alfons x Minako Aino (From Sailor Moon)

And that's just the tip of the iceberg XD
Fushi
^y halo thar, I do believ I know u.

Ha, with you, the fact you like gswitch!Alfons is pure crack in itself. <3

Your Havoc x Kotonoha came right to my mind when I mentioned crossover pairings earlier...
Jennifer Darknight
^ Why, I do believe I know you too <333333

XD Well Genderswitch!Alfons is win. She's especially great when paired with someone like Ed, Roy, or even Fuery. <333

Havoc x Kotonoha was bred out of watching too much School Days and writing bits of my Roy x Alfons, "Visitor" (which is mostly Havoc-centric). But I seriously want to try writing it. It looks like fun, and with Kotonoha's heavy amount of angst, and Havoc's lack of a girlfriend (who doesn't run to Roy in the end anyway tongue.gif), it's a load of fun. <3 <3 <3

Though Ed x Tomoyo has also got me tempted...
wssarrow
Okay, when I said "crack" I guess I should have said "rare" or "unlikely to happen." Most of the characters I listed met each other at least once. xDDD
But I guess they're rare with a very slight hint of nearly undetectable canon. xP
Jennifer Darknight
Well, then on the "Rare" or "Unlikely to happen" note, I'd have to say RoyxAl takes the cake here. It's only a slight ladder step down from my RoyxHeiderich addiction (Spawned from my love of RoyxAl), but I still love it just the same. *_*
Havanese
Other: Ed/Armstrong and Ed/Gluttony. There are hardly any fics featuring the pairing, though (hmm, wonder why...). tongue.gif
Jennifer Darknight
*shudder* I've seen EdxGluttony art once. It was not pretty. In fact, it was downright SCARY.

I have seen an Ed x Armstrong fic though (More like Armstrong x Ed, but y'know).
Havanese
QUOTE(Jennifer Darknight @ Dec 16 2007, 06:55 PM) *
*shudder* I've seen EdxGluttony art once. It was not pretty. In fact, it was downright SCARY.

I have seen an Ed x Armstrong fic though (More like Armstrong x Ed, but y'know).

I can only imagine; that would be quite terrifying. laugh.gif Well, then again, it depends... was the art actually good?

You know, I've always wondered what Gluttony would look like if he was drawn as a bishie -- like, say, with a character design similar of the boys in Perfect Girl Evolution. Someone really needs to draw him looking like that, it would be AWESOME. tongue.gif

It makes you wonder, though... would Gluttony or Ed be uke? -shot-

I've seen a couple of Armstrong/Ed ones, too... I think on Scimitar Smile? I'm not entirely sure.
wssarrow
QUOTE(Havanese @ Dec 16 2007, 11:00 PM) *
QUOTE(Jennifer Darknight @ Dec 16 2007, 06:55 PM) *

I can only imagine; that would be quite terrifying. laugh.gif Well, then again, it depends... was the art actually good?

You know, I've always wondered what Gluttony would look like if he was drawn as a bishie -- like, say, with a character design similar of the boys in Perfect Girl Evolution. Someone really needs to draw him looking like that, it would be AWESOME. tongue.gif

It makes you wonder, though... would Gluttony or Ed be uke? -shot-

I've seen a couple of Armstrong/Ed ones, too... I think on Scimitar Smile? I'm not entirely sure.

Is it even possible to draw Gluttony as a bishie if he doesn't have hair? O_o;

And as for pairings...my friend and I used to discuss the possibility of Breda/Archer. I also tend to think that any pairings involving armor could be really interesting because of the potential kinkiness. tongue.gif It's a shame that so many of them choose to revert the character to "human" form to pair them with someone. Although, there are a lot of Armor Al!/Ed pairings, but there are so many Ed/Al pairings to begin with that it kind of loses its charm.

I think that Armstrong/Sig also has potential, to be honest. xD
Fushi
QUOTE(Jennifer Darknight @ Dec 16 2007, 05:55 PM) *

AHAHAHAHA, I KNOW EXACTLY WHICH PICTURE THAT IS! I HAVE IT SAVE'D. XDDDD
(for those wondering what the picture is like it has Ed, covered in bruises and large bite marks going all "Ahhh~!" while Gluttony seems content with the bite mark he just made on Ed's rear end and is all licky~)

The GluttonyxBreda was WAY scarier!! XD
CodenameElizabeth
Riza Hawkeye x Olivia Armstrong is made of win, and therefore the reason I hijacked this thread:

http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...?showtopic=2170

FMA needs more yuri pairings IMO. The yaoi stuff is getting OLD.
Gimme girl on girl, darnit.

In the poll I voted for GreedxIzumi because that could be pretty kickass IMO.
If anyone finds fic of this, lemme know!
Toby-Chan
I ship Roy Mustang and Shigure Sohma. In Sailorfuku.

I seriously did write that... like... two-three years ago.

I love crack-crossover pairings. As for non-crossover crack... um... Noa x Winry. I wrote that.

I'd put in a good word for Armstrong/Rose, just because Armstrong pairings seem to be crack by default, but that one's practically canon, ain't it?

Winry/Wrench is pretty canon too.
Fushi
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Dec 22 2007, 12:13 AM) *
I ship Roy Mustang and Shigure Sohma. In Sailorfuku.

I seriously did write that... like... two-three years ago.

One question (your response may affect how I feel about this): who was in the sailorfuku.
Toby-Chan
Both of them.
Tris the Reaper
-IDEA-

I wonder...has anyone ever thought of Lust/Rose before? ohmy.gif That'd be pretty hot.
That One Dude
Kimbley and Archer...

*walks away casually while whistling*
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Tris the Reaper @ Dec 22 2007, 08:43 PM) *
-IDEA-

I wonder...has anyone every thought of Lust/Rose before? ohmy.gif That'd be pretty hot.

Ah, I know a couple of authors who have written such fanfics. Unfortunately, most of them are not appropriate to link to here. .-.

QUOTE(Nathaniel @ Dec 22 2007, 10:45 PM) *
Kimbley and Archer...

*walks away casually while whistling*

If you seriously think that's a crack pairing in any sense, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.
Fushi
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Dec 22 2007, 12:06 PM) *
Both of them.

I love youuuuuuu~

Dude. KimbleyxArcher is almost canon. O_o; How does it qualify as crack?

ArcherxRoy on the other hand.... >:3
Tris the Reaper
What would Kimbley/Archer be? Paleshipping? *shot*

[Okay, so maybe Kimbley isn't THAT pale...]

Though it's good that Lust/Rose exists. I think. huh.gif

As for more crack...Hohenheim/Winry? ohmy.gif I think I saw a real short fic on that made influenced from a generator type thing...

ROY/PINAKO. YOU KNOW YOU LOVE IT.
Fushi
QUOTE(Tris the Reaper @ Dec 23 2007, 04:26 PM) *
ROY/PINAKO. YOU KNOW YOU LOVE IT.

Velvet Mace wrote a fic on that. Cookies were made with 'special ingredients'.
Tris the Reaper
IS THERE NOTHING ORIGINAL I CAN CONCOCT?! D:
Causmicfire
What about RoyxHohenheim?

One could say he went to Risembool looking for Hohenheim to make him his lover, but all he found there were children. So, the tension between Ed and Roy exists because Ed knows all Roy thinks about when he sees him is Hohenheim.
Fushi
QUOTE(Causmicfire @ Dec 23 2007, 08:19 PM) *
What about RoyxHohenheim?

I have fanart of that. I got it from Blue Hip's website. >:3 Delicious indeeeeeed.

DantexRoy is better tho, especially when she gets Roy in that trance she had Rose in.
The random alchemist
actually I've surprised GluttonyxLust is a crack pairing since I've found plenty of fanwork of the pairing. I guess when in comes to the anime they would make a cute couple, not the manga though x.x yuck incest!
QUOTE(Havanese @ Dec 14 2007, 08:17 PM) *
Other: Ed/Armstrong and Ed/Gluttony. There are hardly any fics featuring the pairing, though (hmm, wonder why...). tongue.gif
Actually creepily enough I saw some Ed/Gluttony FANART on a youtube video Dx Sorry folks, the fat man doesn't want Ed as his b*tch, just as a delicious meal... mmmm shrimp wink.gif
wssarrow
QUOTE(Fushigi Rockna @ Dec 23 2007, 03:46 PM) *
Dude. KimbleyxArcher is almost canon. O_o; How does it qualify as crack?

ArcherxRoy on the other hand.... >:3

KimbleyxArcher isn't canon, it's just highly supported but very unlikely. There's nothing in the anime to either prove or disprove the pairing.

ArcherxRoy is admittedly more crack, however. tongue.gif

On the topic of crossover pairings, I can't help but imagine pairings involving characters with the same voice actor...Like KimbleyxYuki. xD
Alchemist of Rock
Hmm...how about NashxHoho?
Fushi
QUOTE(wssarrow @ Dec 24 2007, 04:34 PM) *
KimbleyxArcher isn't canon, it's just highly supported but very unlikely. There's nothing in the anime to either prove or disprove the pairing.

Way to take what I say seriously! *thumbs up*

Seriously tho, Kimbely and Archer is in no way crack. It isn't even rare. There isn't as much art for it as there is for the popular pairings, but it isn't rare. My RoyxWinry OTP is more rare and crackier than that!

ArcherxRoy is beautiful hatesex. *A*

actually I've surprised GluttonyxLust is a crack pairing

It isn't. O:
wssarrow
QUOTE(Fushigi Rockna @ Dec 25 2007, 03:16 PM) *
Way to take what I say seriously! *thumbs up*

Seriously tho, Kimbely and Archer is in no way crack. It isn't even rare. There isn't as much art for it as there is for the popular pairings, but it isn't rare. My RoyxWinry OTP is more rare and crackier than that!

I knew you weren't calling it "canon," but I just wanted to point out that rare pairings without fan input could probably be considered crack. Sorry if I sounded rude or something. O_o;
Sky Pirate Winry
OH CRACK PAIRINGS. HOW I LOVE THEE.

Well I was once doing the 30kisses Challenge for EnvyxWinry. I only ever finished....6 though? xD;;; Yea..

But I also like:

Ran x Mei
Ling x Ed
Al x Martel

and a lot of crossover pairings like

Roy x Ashe (from FFXII)
Winry x Vaan (also FFXII)
Al x Rinali (from D. Gray-Man)

wssarrow
QUOTE(Sky Pirate Winry @ Dec 28 2007, 09:04 AM) *
But I also like:

Ran x Mei
Ling x Ed
Al x Martel

LING X ED! That's one of my favorites! How could I have forgotten?! I've never seen any fanfics of it, though.

And AL x MARTEL! I was actually going to include that, but didn't feel as if it were crack enough because they actually had some sort of meaningful interaction. xD

Sky Pirate Winry
QUOTE(wssarrow @ Dec 28 2007, 10:06 PM) *
But I also like:

Ran x Mei
Ling x Ed
Al x Martel

LING X ED! That's one of my favorites! How could I have forgotten?! I've never seen any fanfics of it, though.

And AL x MARTEL! I was actually going to include that, but didn't feel as if it were crack enough because they actually had some sort of meaningful interaction. xD

Haha. Yeees. I love how they are always at each other's throats....well...it's more like Ed is alway at Ling's throat while he just takes it all in stride. The dynamic between those two is just hilarious xD There use to be an LJ community a while ago but when I found it, it was already dead. There might still be some fanwork in the archives there, though!

And I see what you mean about Al x Martel. I was a little hesitant about it myself but decided to throw it in anyway since I don't find too much of them either.
Havanese
QUOTE(wssarrow @ Dec 28 2007, 09:06 PM) *
But I also like:

Ran x Mei
Ling x Ed
Al x Martel

I love Ling/Ed! There's actually a Ling/Ed comm on livejournal with a decent variety of fanart and fanfic, considering what an uncommon pairing it is.

EDIT: D'oh, Sky Pirate Winry just said that. Ignore me. ^^;
Causmicfire
QUOTE(Havanese @ Dec 14 2007, 07:17 PM) *

I followed a link to encyclopediadramtica and found this edxgluttony fanart.<--not worksafe.

Anyway, what about LustxGreed? (Original Greed)

**Please keep the PG-13+ stuff to PMs and off-site discussion, please. I know there are difficulties in judging what constitutes 'too mature' for this board, so I just removed the link. I think it's pretty safe to say that most anything on Encyclopedia Dramatica is not appropriate for this general forum
-Toby
LoMXD
Falman x Sheska
Fuery x Sheska
Jean x Elma( fma game 2)
Armstrong x Rose

I actually avidly support Elma and Jean, they would look good together which set me off on it in the first place XD
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Causmicfire @ Dec 29 2007, 04:52 AM) *
Anyway, what about LustxGreed? (Original Greed)

*cough* I may or may not have drawn fanart for that pairing that is far too inappropriate for this forum.

... =D
Fushi
QUOTE(wssarrow @ Dec 26 2007, 07:53 AM) *
rare pairings without fan input could probably be considered crack.

Not really. O_o Crack pairings are basically supposed to be pairings that make you think "Man that person must've been on drugs when they thought that one up!" hence the name....

I think you need to spend some time at Envy_lightbulb, the lj fma crack community. :3 I love that place <3 Too bad it's currently dead. sad.gif

Anyways, I have a new crack/crossover otp. What began as a joke has turned into something very adorable and sweet via roleplay. It's almost disturbing.

That pairing?

Royxhuman!Suiseiseki.

Desu.

SOMEHOW IT WORKS. God, it is like a virus. It's affected not only myself and the person who plays Roy but also some other members of the rpg. O_o
wssarrow
QUOTE(Fushigi Rockna @ Dec 30 2007, 04:43 AM) *
Anyways, I have a new crack/crossover otp. What began as a joke has turned into something very adorable and sweet via roleplay. It's almost disturbing.

That pairing?

Royxhuman!Suiseiseki.

Desu.

SOMEHOW IT WORKS. God, it is like a virus. It's affected not only myself and the person who plays Roy but also some other members of the rpg. O_o

Crossover pairings generally fly right over my head, the reason being that crack crossover usually involves characters from shows I've never seen.

Such as Rozen Maiden. *fail*
Fushi
QUOTE(wssarrow @ Jan 1 2008, 12:26 PM) *
Crossover pairings generally fly right over my head, the reason being that crack crossover usually involves characters from shows I've never seen.

Such as Rozen Maiden. *fail*

Watch this then.

THAT is Suiseiseki.

DESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Also: her favorite hobby is tormenting "chibis".
Twilightz
QUOTE(Fushigi Rockna) *
Royxhuman!Suiseiseki.

OHDEARGODYES~

That would be delicious!
wssarrow
QUOTE(Fushigi Rockna @ Jan 2 2008, 12:27 AM) *
Watch this then.

THAT is Suiseiseki.

DESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Also: her favorite hobby is tormenting "chibis".

Never though I'd get a single word stuck in my head. Desu. xD

Hmm, if I imagine RoyxSuiseiseki...It seems as if she be a complementary opposite to him. And they both like "tormenting chibis," then. : D

Also, does anyone know if there is a thread or something which helps with finding certain fanfiction? Like, if you want to read fanfiction about a specific character or pairing? I think that would help a lot, since some people have been around the internet more than others.
Fushi
QUOTE(Twilightz @ Jan 2 2008, 07:52 AM) *
OHDEARGODYES~

That would be delicious!

QUOTE(wssarrow @ Jan 2 2008, 05:11 PM) *
Hmm, if I imagine RoyxSuiseiseki...It seems as if she be a complementary opposite to him. And they both like "tormenting chibis," then. : D

Current ongoing log between the two. (ignore any typos)

Well, the Suiseiseki in the rp is more based off the way she is in the manga, which is more mellow and shy. But she goes into her anime self now and then. x3
Firearm Alchemist
I've got a few. RoyxAlex/Olivier, ElysiaxMost of the guys and a few more.
Winry Elric
GluttonyxLust
AlxMartel
FuryxSchiezka
EdxRose_fan
Hmmm, well EdxRose is pretty uncommon, but I don't find it to be crack at all while others beg to differ, and that's fine. laugh.gif

Now a good ol' crack pairing I love, and don't believe anyone's mentioned yet is EdxDante. Pure crack love. tongue.gif
I even wrote a fan fiction about them. ^^
Havanese
QUOTE(EdxRose_fan @ Mar 30 2008, 02:40 PM) *
Hmmm, well EdxRose is pretty uncommon, but I don't find it to be crack at all while others beg to differ, and that's fine. laugh.gif

Now a good ol' crack pairing I love, and don't believe anyone's mentioned yet is EdxDante. Pure crack love. tongue.gif
I even wrote a fan fiction about them. ^^

Ooh, I like Ed/Dante... sorta... well, I like a lot of pairings in FMA. tongue.gif But yeah, I've read some Ed/Dante fanfics, and they were... uh... twisted and disturbing, but good. It's a really interesting pairing.

What's the link to your fanfic?
MilesTailsPrower-007
If crossovers are allowed, then I've got one. Sinister!Dr.RiddlesxLust.

They look creepily good together. D:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.