Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 78 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Havanese
QUOTE(AA battery @ Dec 12 2007, 12:52 AM) *
and we could all blame Juushin Enbu if FMA ends up horrible at the end. =_=

Seriously, any one could tell that she has been *rushing* almost every chapter in the 70s range =_= I hope she wasn't serious about ending FMA in chapter 80s. If that really happens, I can't imagine the ending would be as good as it can possibly be. FMA's pacing was very good before. 4 chapters for the Ishbal war flashback was perfectly done. 1 chapter for Hohenheim's past was... ok, it wasn't too bad, but it can surely be done with more details and take up 2 chapters instead.... ok I'll shut up for the time being =_=;; *ish frustrated by both the wait for the raw and exams coming up @_@ I can't seem to concentrate w/ my studies OTL*

But yeah, bottom line is, she needs to stop throwing a bunch of information at us in such a "short" amount of time/pages! It's stressful and leaves us with a "Wha?! But but I am confused!/I want to know more!" feelings...

I completely agree, I don't like the pace of the most recent chapters. It's going way too fast, and I can only hope that it doesn't end like the anime; rushed, incomplete, disappointing. The quality of the art has been declining, too; it looks pretty awkward at times.

If I recall correctly, didn't Arakawa say that she makes up a lot of the story as she goes on? That's not a bad thing, per say, but it does worry me -- what if she ends FMA badly just because she's tired of it and wants it to end? It's hard to believe that she would do that, since Ed and Al are her "babies" in a way, but I can see it happening. BONES did it; Arakawa could too.

Honestly, the Juushin Enbu manga is pretty good, but the anime is only mediocre so far. I've been keeping up with the RAW episodes and the fansubs, and while I don't know much Japanese, I can tell that it's pretty lame. It reminds me of InuYasha, in a way, so it will probably be popular and somewhat entertaining, but that doesn't mean it'll be great.

Now I'm getting depressed. T_T; Please Arakawa, don't disappoint!

His Name is Unknown
The quality of the art has been declining, too; it looks pretty awkward at times.

I'm relieved that I am not the only one to have noticed. I almost didn't want to say anything out of fear of being to nit-picky, but there has been a significant decline in the artistic presentation of action sequences as well as general character design. Something is just off.

I don't like the way the characters are being styled in these most recent chapters. They seem 'jagged' or squared off.

The art of FMA was at its peak, in my opinion, around the Ishbal flashback. It started kind of generic and gradually metamorphosed into it's own style, which I really came to appreciate. Loving Hughes as much as I do, it's unfortunate he wasn't around long enough for his character model to undergo that maturation. We get a glimpse of what he could have been during the Ishbal flashback (excellent scene where he leads troops into battle), but alas, I fear that may be the last we see of Hughes.

That is of course, unless Envy pulls a stunt like he did in the anime... rolleyes.gif
Havanese
QUOTE(His Name is Unknown @ Dec 12 2007, 01:41 PM) *
I'm relieved that I am not the only one to have noticed. I almost didn't want to say anything out of fear of being to nit-picky, but there has been a significant decline in the artistic presentation of action sequences as well as general character design. Something is just off.

I don't like the way the characters are being styled in these most recent chapters. They seem 'jagged' or squared off.

The art of FMA was at its peak, in my opinion, around the Ishbal flashback. It started kind of generic and gradually metamorphosed into it's own style, which I really came to appreciate. Loving Hughes as much as I do, it's unfortunate he wasn't around long enough for his character model to undergo that maturation. We get a glimpse of what he could have been during the Ishbal flashback (excellent scene where he leads troops into battle), but alas, I fear that may be the last we see of Hughes.

That is of course, unless Envy pulls a stunt like he did in the anime... rolleyes.gif

Nah, you're definitely not the only one that noticed. I think the reason the art is so off is that she's trying to do too much at once, and she has to spend equal amount of time on the art in Juushin Enbu and on FMA. In fact, I'd say the art in Juushin Enbu would be the most important to her, since the manga is relatively new and the first impression of the series will be the art, whereas FMA has been around so much longer it doesn't matter as much.

Something has been different about the character designs, I agree. Edward looks older, and though I love how Arakawa changes his character design to make it seem that he ages, he just looks odd in the recent chapters. The other character designs look off as well; the characters seem, to me, uglier than they were before, and it gives me an impression that Arakawa has been slacking off.

I hate to criticize the FMA manga, because I absolutely adore it, but I don't want to be blinded by my adoration for it, either. It hasn't been as good recently, ever since the Briggs arc has begun.

EDIT: Looking back on this post, I think I was too critical. I actually have been liking the Briggs arc very much, and while the art quality has declined a little, I don't think it's nearly as bad as I originally implied it was. happy.gif Sorry Arakawa!
AA battery
I think the beginning of Briggs arc is still all right... I think after Major General Armstrong went to Central, it really HAS gotten bad. Ed doesn't look like Ed anymore.

*sigh* Oh well, I guess nothing can get worse than FMA being stopped... like how DN Angel's manga has stopped because the mangaka doesn't want to draw it anymore >_<;;;;;;;; At least that likely won't happen to FMA... but yeah, getting the quality and quantity back to the standards would be nice...

And well, we criticize FMA because we care about it, right? There's nothing wrong criticizing what we like. happy.gif

(To whoever that were talking about the religion topic, it was a very interesting discussion! =D Nice job!)

(And yeah it looks like Ed is using his right hand to hold the apple pie to me as well)

but argh, I have finished my 2nd final and 78 is still not out yet? >_<; argh, now the wait will continue to torture me while I study for my 3rd final...... ;____;
Kiarrens
Sorry, but... doesn't seem like much is going on at all, to me. Nothing about Ed, nothing about Mj. Armstrong, a smidge about Al... lots on Hohenheim, and I suppose that's plot development for the main story arc and all, but jeez, Arakawa-san. Give us a LITTLE of the main characters (who happen to be in CRISIS) at least.
Alchemical
The RAW is still hiding? ;.;

On the subject of art, I've noticed the.... sloppiness, too. Ed looks quite different that he used to. Of course, it could be Arakawa aging the characters a bit. Ed's nearing 16 (or did he already turn? I can't remember if it said anything. ;.; ). But some of the backgrounds and all seem a bit off to me...

Oh well, it's not that bad. I hardly notice it; I'm more into the story than a few tweaks and mistakes.
Petite-Parfait
QUOTE(Kiarrens @ Dec 12 2007, 03:04 PM) *
Sorry, but... doesn't seem like much is going on at all, to me. Nothing about Ed, nothing about Mj. Armstrong, a smidge about Al... lots on Hohenheim, and I suppose that's plot development for the main story arc and all, but jeez, Arakawa-san. Give us a LITTLE of the main characters (who happen to be in CRISIS) at least.

But the main characters have been featured recently quite a bit, and don't they almost always take the stage? I think it's fair to allow the secondary characters to gain some character development and further the plot without the involvement of the main characters.

We're very lucky that Arakawa-sensei even gave us another chapter with Ed after chapter 76! o_o I know a lot of other manga-ka who like to leave cliffhangers waiting for chapters on-end.
Havanese
QUOTE(Alchemical @ Dec 12 2007, 03:14 PM) *
The RAW is still hiding? ;.;

On the subject of art, I've noticed the.... sloppiness, too. Ed looks quite different that he used to. Of course, it could be Arakawa aging the characters a bit. Ed's nearing 16 (or did he already turn? I can't remember if it said anything. ;.; ). But some of the backgrounds and all seem a bit off to me...

Oh well, it's not that bad. I hardly notice it; I'm more into the story than a few tweaks and mistakes.

As far as we know, he's still 15. The last time, if I recall correctly, his age was ever mentioned was when they were in the train with Ling and the gang, and Winry referred to Ed as "almost sixteen," so he's probably very close to his birthday. ^^ But it may have passed already and Arakawa just never mentioned it, since the main plot is more pressing than his birthday at the moment.

Ah, don't get me wrong; I am, too, I just am nit-picky about stuff like that. The plot matters a lot more than the art, though. Even the best art can have lame stories (there are many examples of that, sadly).

QUOTE(Kiarrens @ Dec 12 2007, 03:04 PM) *

I get what you're saying about the main characters, since I really want to hear about them, but I agree with Petite-Parfait; the main characters are featured in most chapters, so I think it's a good thing that the main characters aren't the focus of this chapter. But I really want to hear how Ed is, and where he is! But at least we know that Alphonse is doing okay, right?
Tombow
Lots of good discussions!

About the artwork... what I noticed is inconsistency in the quality of artwork these days. Sometimes it's good, but other times it's different from other pages/chapters, to the point of sometimes it's noticeable...
(And, yes I love FMA very very much. ^^)

About the absence of the "main" character in this chapter... I'm seeing it as.. it's not just Ed and Al who had been making the "journey" in this story, as I've been finding out, and as if we are reading about the journey of the third main character in this chapter. Sure no Ed, and only a bit of Al in this chapter, and yes I'm anxious to find out about Ed, but I'm really enjoying Ho-ho vs. Father (via Pride) showdown.

@Sannom - Fuery is in the Southern Army. That was my slip up. Sometimes, while I'm translating, I know what it is, yet I type up differently, like typing up Marcoh when I know it's Miles. Sorry!! And, thanks for catching it!! I'm correcting it now. biggrin.gif

And... Another Japanese site that sometimes caries spoiler summary just posted one.. it's not as "panel by panel" like the other one, but for some part of the story we can find out more details, and based on that I'm adding more details to my summary on the first page. ^^
(Chapter 78 raw, please show up soon!!!!! )
Chiisana
The artwork is like a spoiler *-* Well, it seems like it's the right arm for sure. Despite from the elbow and such, the fingers also played big role. Beside, you can't hold a pie or other thing in THAT way with left arm. You can't see the his thumb at all in that picture? o.o

But I'm wondering. Is that really drawn by Hiromu? What if it only was a fanart which won a contest thus appear on front page?

Well, if it's not a fanart, then it seem to be that Hiromu is telling us that Ed and Al WILL get their bodies back O_O -Chiisana dancing around- Yaaaaaay~!! Al got his body back <3
Sannom
I don't like that, summary before the chapter like with Naruto... come on, never saw it before (okay I haven't been on that forum for a couple of month, that's true), can I ask you not to do it again ohmy.gif ?

Concerning the drawing... well, I'm not as difficult as some here, and I didn't really noticed much, except for Ed on the cover for the 18th tome (his face is ugly), and "one-panel" Winry ten chapters ago (the same, really weird face!).
AA battery
Those two artwork on the cover are probably not plot related right now. And they are definitely not fanart. It's a deck of cards that'll come together with the first edition of volume 18. Because of the design of them (with the hiragana on the top left corner), I believe it's just showing us how the playing cards (not our typical playing cards, but it's a Japanese card game that people play during new year... I forgot what they are called even though I have seen my friend play it...) that will come with the first edition of Vol 18 looks like. Man, I want to buy those card too but I don't live in Japan >_<; (Vol 18 will be out on the 20th or 22th... sth like that.)

@Sannom: Hey, you have the choice to not read. Some people like to read the summary and some people don't. Don't tell people not to do something just because you don't appreciate it.

@Tombow and whoever that also posted spoilers: However, I think it's a good idea to put a spoiler tag for them so that people won't complain about it again. I personally don't care because I am immune to spoilers (unless it's spoilers for the last chapter/episode of a series that I am following...) but yeah, there are people that don't want to be spoiled and we probably should respect that. ^^; But then again, you did put spoiler in the topic... hmm... *shrugs* Well XD personally I think if anyone is posting here, they shouldn't complain about spoilers hahahaha *gets shot*
Tombow
QUOTE(Sannom @ Dec 12 2007, 06:12 PM) *
I don't like that, summary before the chapter like with Naruto... come on, never saw it before (okay I haven't been on that forum for a couple of month, that's true), can I ask you not to do it again ohmy.gif ?

@Sannom - Sorry, but I do get lots of requests for the preview summary. You don't have to read it. It's not mandatory. ^^ The summary is on a thread titled "Chapter 78 Preview Pic, Spoiler Summary, Raw, Translation, Scanlation!" thread, so I think it's easy to avoid. XD I'm not posting chapter 78 preview summary on chapter 77 thread where people might get ambushed with the summary for the next chapter unsuspectedly. XD (If that is the case I WILL cover it with spoiler tag, AND put the huge spoiler warning. ^^) And, it's coming with HUGE lettering saying it's a spoiler summary at the top of the post and with the spoiler warning, so if anyone doesn't like reading it, they can skip it easily. At the same time, many people DO want to read the summary, so, I will keep posting it so that people have the choice of reading it or not reading it. smile.gif

@AA battery - Haha, yes that is exactly the point. Right now, this thread IS de facto designated as the the "spoiler talk" thread for people who want to talk about stuff for the content of chapter 78, so I'm ok about everyone posting the spoiler content of chapter 78 without the spoiler tags on this thread. And, I'm assuming people who post and join the discussions on this thread to be ok with having spoiler content on this thread. And yes, WITHOUT spoiler tags. ^^

Nonetheless, I added a huge warning to the thread title for the spoilers. biggrin.gif

@Chiisana - The small artwork pics on this month's GanGan cover is part of Japanese "karta" playing card set (it's one of the traditional games played in Japan during the New Year's Holidays) that comes free with FMA Tankoubon (vol. book) 18 that comes out on Dec. 22 in Japan. I guess it's part promotion that they have that on this month's cover of Gangan. ^^
AA battery
Maybe take out the "Raw, Translation, Scanlation" portion in the topic for the time being? Since we don't have the raw yet... and people who don't want spoilers can just not come in... and they can come in instead when the topic is changed?

Just my 2 cents.
Tombow
^^ Yeah, I was just thinking about that. I totally agree!!
*Changing it now* Thanks for your 2 cents!! happy.gif
Sannom
@Sannom - Sorry, but I do get lots of requests for the preview summary. You don't have to read it.

I will read it anyway. Just being "nostalgic", don't bother with me happy.gif
Tombow
^^ Ok. happy.gif

Oh, BTW, taking a moment to welcome Petite-Parfait, Anyarel, and all other friends who are recently joining our FMA manga discussions.. WELCOME!! Nice to have you with us!! biggrin.gif

I added few more small details I learned from the second Japanese site, to the chapter summary.
Gah, Hoho declaring the war on Father!!!
And, also about Hoho rejecting the name!!
I so wannna see the raw now!!! tongue.gif
pawnedbyme
Nice chapter cant wait for it to come out.
spoonyalchemist
Where is the RAW? sad.gif I'm dying here!
His Name is Unknown

You aren't kidding!!!

I just read through the entire north episode in the hopes that when I reached 77, the RAW would be out. Just finished 77; no RAW.

Gah!!!

Oh, and as a side note, I enjoyed the North episode far more when I read it through continuously as opposed to waiting an entire month between chapters. I actually think the pacing is perfect when taken as a whole.
ruffruffs
ahhh I really want to read this chapter... If you look on the optimistic side though, maybe this means that the chapter will be extra long since it takes it so much time to be uploaded biggrin.gif
Havanese
QUOTE(His Name is Unknown @ Dec 12 2007, 07:37 PM) *

You aren't kidding!!!

I just read through the entire north episode in the hopes that when I reached 77, the RAW would be out. Just finished 77; no RAW.

Gah!!!

Oh, and as a side note, I enjoyed the North episode far more when I read it through continuously as opposed to waiting an entire month between chapters. I actually think the pacing is perfect when taken as a whole.

Ah, really? That's good! I'll have to read it again; maybe my mind will change about the pacing when VIZ releases the translated version (even though I don't like VIZ's translations sleep.gif) and I can read the manga off-line.

Where on earth is the RAW? I can't remember ever waiting this long for the RAW before! I'm trying to find it by typing "鋼の錬金術師 漫画" on Google, but to no avail. sad.gif
Petite-Parfait
QUOTE(Tombow @ Dec 12 2007, 05:53 PM) *
Oh, BTW, taking a moment to welcome Petite-Parfait, Anyarel, and all other friends who are recently joining our FMA manga discussions.. WELCOME!! Nice to have you with us!! biggrin.gif

Ah, thank you for welcoming me! happy.gif
Havanese
QUOTE(ruffruffs @ Dec 12 2007, 07:49 PM) *
ahhh I really want to read this chapter... If you look on the optimistic side though, maybe this means that the chapter will be extra long since it takes it so much time to be uploaded biggrin.gif

Let's hope so! wink.gif

QUOTE(Petite-Parfait @ Dec 12 2007, 08:22 PM) *
QUOTE(Tombow @ Dec 12 2007, 05:53 PM) *

Ah, thank you for welcoming me! happy.gif

Yes, welcome! biggrin.gif
Alchemical
QUOTE(Havanese @ Dec 12 2007, 09:11 PM) *
Ah, really? That's good! I'll have to read it again; maybe my mind will change about the pacing when VIZ releases the translated version (even though I don't like VIZ's translations sleep.gif) and I can read the manga off-line.

Where on earth is the RAW? I can't remember ever waiting this long for the RAW before! I'm trying to find it by typing "鋼の錬金術師 漫画" on Google, but to no avail. sad.gif

The RAW's taken as long as the 14th to show up, possibly longer. I really hope this isn't one of those times. *dies*

And you're not the only one! I've tried so many different search engines and phrases, but all I've found are a few other Japanese websites hosting spoiler summaries.
Havanese
QUOTE(Alchemical @ Dec 12 2007, 08:31 PM) *
The RAW's taken as long as the 14th to show up, possibly longer. I really hope this isn't one of those times. *dies*

And you're not the only one! I've tried so many different search engines and phrases, but all I've found are a few other Japanese websites hosting spoiler summaries.

Who posts the RAWs, anyway? I always assumed someone in Japan that's subscribed to Monthly Shounen GanGan scanned the pages and posted it on a Japanese site. Is this true? unsure.gif

This one of those times I wish I read Japanese; all I can read is some rōmaji. sad.gif
Alchemical
QUOTE(Havanese @ Dec 12 2007, 09:35 PM) *
Who posts the RAWs, anyway? I always assumed someone in Japan that's subscribed to Monthly Shounen GanGan scanned the pages and posted it on a Japanese site. Is this true? unsure.gif

This one of those times I wish I read Japanese; all I can read is some rōmaji. sad.gif

That's what I suppose. I don't know of any websites, though. I just find anywhere I can, you know? Mostly from here. But it's times like this when I really wish I did know some sites!

I can read a bit of rōmaji, but I often need my dictionary for help.
His Name is Unknown
Let the madness begin.

I'm up all night studying for my last final - New Testament Life and Literature. It is going to be a beast.

It's okay chapter 78 RAW - I am a patient man. *stocks up on double shot expressos and mountain dew*

And on a semi-constructive note...

@ Havanese: First chance you get, I highly recommend a second read-through of the northern chapters. As I said before, the second read-through was much more enjoyable and engaging. It has a nice ebb-and-flow, all the while pushing the story toward its climax. Reading the chapters one at a time is really conducive to missing the forest for the trees.

Also interesting to note was the drops in quality were a lot less apparent on this read-through, as the art style flows (as in the rest of the manga) with the seriousness of the chapter. When there's more jokes and breaking of the 4th wall, the art is cartoony and simple - but all the serious moments have that classic Arakawa flair.

I think my initial judgment may have been premature.
Alchemical
Still no sign, then? Well, I really need to get off and study for my own exams. And I haven't eaten much all day; time for some waiting-for-chapter food. XD
I've been thinking about rereading some chapters; I feel I kind of rushed through some of the earlier Briggs chapters, so I'll reread them to freshen my memory for chapter 78.

I really hope it's out by by tomorrow. *is anxious*
AA battery
I have been searching a few search engines... like 2chan message boards and such where they usually post the "code" for downloading the new chapter on Winny and Share... and it seems no one has posted it yet >_<;; *sigh* 78~~ Why are you so slow when I am carving on FMA! ;_; *needs to stop whining*

I hope it will be out soon too! So that I cam fully concentrate on studying instead of checking websites like every hour @_@
xcamilax
oh i hope the raw gets scanled soon T__T im in suspence...!! i want to know whats going to happen, with the tunnel, that wrath is doing, you know, with the transmutation cirvle thing and that stuff...i only "scanned" the sumary ,i didnt "readed" it yet, becouse, i dont to be too much spoiled before "reading" the raw xD

OMG!!and Rose will be baaaaaaaack !! we didnt see her in...like, 75 chapters ago right¿ laugh.gif (gaiden dont count tongue.gif)

well, in my opinion , i like to see the history of the secondary-characters, i enjoyed a lot the HoHo and 1st/homunculus history and,come on...we alredy know everything of the main charas! well...almost everything xD
but the fact that the that chrimea lion taked one of kimbley philoshopers stone in the last chapter...hmm..is mysterious...wii and envy appear! i really really cant wait for next chapter x3

EDIT:edited for the last thing, im sorry sad.gif
xAshleyElricx
yay my first post!

QUOTE(xcamilax @ Dec 12 2007, 10:46 PM) *
WHAT!!?!?ARAKAWA SAYS THAT SHE IS FINISHING IN CHAPTER 80?!?!?WHENE DID SHE SAID THAT!??!O___o was that an interview¿

and HUH WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!

ok.. there IS NO WAY that could happen...... right? oh god... thats like ONLY 2 CHAPTERS AFTER THIS ONE! NOOOOOOOOO! .. if it ends this early i think my life will end with it DX
His Name is Unknown
ok.. there IS NO WAY that could happen...... right? oh god... thats like ONLY 2 CHAPTERS AFTER THIS ONE! NOOOOOOOOO! .. if it ends this early i think my life will end with it DX

It simply would not be possible to end FMA in two episodes. Think of all the plot-lines which need to be resolved:

1) Ling/Greed
2) Ran Fan and Fuu
3) Havoc
4) Maria Ross
5) Olivia/Fuhrer
6) Mustang/Envy
7) Hohenheim/Edward
8) Ed/Al's quest
9) Armestris civil war
10) Father/Hohenheim
11) Homunculi
12) Armstrong redeeming his 'cowardice' from Ishbal
13) Scar/Kimbley
14) Trisha/Hohenheim's promise
15) Hawkeye sensei?
16) Showdown with Truth

Oh, and lest I forget...

17) Edwin
18) Royai!
19) Almei!?
20) Yoki!?!

Fix'd (lol)

That's at least another solid year's worth of material!!!
AA battery
WHAT!!?!?ARAKAWA SAYS THAT SHE IS FINISHING IN CHAPTER 80?!?!?WHENE DID SHE SAID THAT!??!O___o was that an interview¿

Please don't type in all caps.
Yes, in an interview that's about 2 years old, she did mention that FMA will have approximately 80 chapters. But obviously judging from the current storyline that's not gonna happen.
xAshleyElricx
i really hope ur right AA

wow.... for me, its offically 4:40am.... i think its safe to say im pulling an all nighter for the RAW.... which is obviously not gunna come out before the sun comes up *sigh*.... i wasted a pack of sugar coated gum for nothing DX Well then again, i was able to roleplay with my friends for 15 hours strait XD
natsu-hime
yes, arakawa said APPROXIMATELY. and it was like, two years ago. there's always a chance that it can change. oh, and about the crappy art of FMA that's been happening, now I HATE jyuushin enbu.

his name is unknown add roy and riza's ROMANCE story on that list too. arakawa must have that happening unless she wants millions of fans worldwide surrounding her place bringing pitchforks screaming "WE WANT ROIAI!" (sorry, roiai fancrazy mode on)

Wen Renee
Wow... I didn't realize just how much was still unresolved. Now I'm not so worried about it ending sooner than I'd like. Well, it ending ANYTIME is sooner than I'd like... but that's beside the point.

Oh, and going back to the GanGan cover, anyone else notice the sweet FmA tshirts in the middle? Want.

And His Name is Unknown and natsu-hime, let's not forget the EdWin fans out there as well. I'm not one of them myself, but I can't say I wouldn't like to see some definite closure on that particular issue by the end.

Agh. It's nearly 4:30am. Time to stop checking every 5 mintues and read through the last few chapters again cram for my last final.

gryfalkon
This is an amazingly long time for the RAW to come out. I do hope it comes out soon *goes through FMA withdrawal* blink.gif Thank you for all the hard work that goes into translating and scantilating the RAW.

I don't think that Arakawa could end the manga in the next two chapters. Conceivably she might be able to do it if the length of the chapters increase exponentially but as His Name is Unknown listed off for us, there is an extraordinary amount of plot to wrap up. I do wonder though, if Ho-Ho is rejecting his name, what exactly will he be called in the future?

Thank you again for all the effort and time biggrin.gif
Petite-Parfait
QUOTE(Alchemical @ Dec 12 2007, 08:44 PM) *
QUOTE(Havanese @ Dec 12 2007, 09:35 PM) *

That's what I suppose. I don't know of any websites, though. I just find anywhere I can, you know? Mostly from here. But it's times like this when I really wish I did know some sites!

I can read a bit of rōmaji, but I often need my dictionary for help.

I can read hiragana katakana well and a very little itty-bit of kanji, but my vocabulary in Japanese is pretty limited to what I've learned these past 4 months at school. I haven't been able to find any much more than you guys, even with this neat Japanese dictionary I have on my desk. x_o
Anomia Grey
I checked mangahelpers, but they don't have it either... it's kinda frustrating. But I've managed to show enough backbone not to read the spoiler summary...well, not more than the first and last line blush.gif
Chiisana
Still no RAW o.o Awwwwwh~ Been waiting for a whole day and suffered all the times during my school period T^T
Edamame
QUOTE(Chiisana @ Dec 13 2007, 02:06 PM) *
Still no RAW o.o Awwwwwh~ Been waiting for a whole day and suffered all the times during my school period T^T

I feel your pain Chiisana. Looking forward to the raw is the one thing that is managing to keep me somewhat sane while studying for exams. I am crossing my fingers and hoping that that the raw will show up latter today or tonight.
Celeste Nayamashii
Oh man this is such a disappointment >.< I was so hoping to wake up to the Raw this morning but to no avail it would seem. As for it ending in 80 chapters? I don't see how that would be possible consdering how much story there is still left to tell and how many plotholes there would be O_O
xcamilax
QUOTE(AA battery @ Dec 13 2007, 05:12 AM) *

Please don't type in all caps.
Yes, in an interview that's about 2 years old, she did mention that FMA will have approximately 80 chapters. But obviously judging from the current storyline that's not gonna happen.

sorry i edited it alredy,i dont know the things that happened 2 years ago, couse i just started in the hagaren world like 3 months ago, please forgive my ignorance sleep.gif

oh, and thanks His Name is Unknown for the list ^^ wow theres so much stuff that will take a LOT of chapters,we didnt see Ling/Greed too much since so chaps ago right?i wonder when he is going to appear gain
the typical final shoundown battle,i suppose, will took a entire volunme ,with conclusions and everything else.
also, remembering others plot-lines...,what about the new gluttony that father was creating?...

...unless that arakawa decide to cancel before it ends, like in shaman king or X huh.gif ,but i really hope that that is not going to happen T_T

PD:and again forgive my bad english and ignorance D:
Celeste Nayamashii
Mmm with as many fans as there are...I highly doubt Arakawa would cancel it before it ends. If she did, she'd have a lot of angry fans on her tail. Also, speaking as an artist, it's hard to always draw something if you don't have the inspiration to do so and are forced to. Maybe that's why the drawing quality has gone down so much? I really don't see it. I just see that Edward is growing up and he's becoming more handsome (IMO) I think everything still looks fine. Remember the more an artist draws the more their art is going to change. I guess we all just see things in a different way...but I don't think the quality has dropped, it's just changed.
Gukumatz
QUOTE(Celeste Nayamashii @ Dec 13 2007, 10:47 AM) *
...but I don't think the quality has dropped, it's just changed.

I agree! I've noticed changes in Winry's eyes, Ed and Kimbley's annoyed faces, and Izumi's softer expression, but I chalk it up as more of a stylistic change than a drop in quality.
xcamilax
QUOTE(Celeste Nayamashii @ Dec 13 2007, 01:47 PM) *
Mmm with as many fans as there are...I highly doubt Arakawa would cancel it before it ends. If she did, she'd have a lot of angry fans on her tail. Also, speaking as an artist, it's hard to always draw something if you don't have the inspiration to do so and are forced to. Maybe that's why the drawing quality has gone down so much? I really don't see it. I just see that Edward is growing up and he's becoming more handsome (IMO) I think everything still looks fine. Remember the more an artist draws the more their art is going to change. I guess we all just see things in a different way...but I don't think the quality has dropped, it's just changed.

yeah i think that too, maybe she is just doing a little style-change like many artist do.
plus, i dont see too much differnce as many others says, i only noticed a little change in the textures and trames that she use for action pannels, but characters looks almost excactly the same for me, just a bit more mature , the one that changed most is edward,for exsample:

first look at this: image from the first artbook and this : portait of the first chapter

and then, look at this: image from the second artbook and this portait of the last chapter
CowAlchemist
I agree; I don't think it's sloppiness, I think she's just changing her style/making the characters age.

Eeeeeeeeep, I really want the RAW. XD (Like everyone else does)
Chiisana
I gotta say that I'm kinda disappointed how much she changed Ed's look. Sure of course Ed would have to grown up sooner or later. But sometimes, when I visit my friend's house, and when I sees their Fullmetal Alchemist vol. 1, it's like looking at a whole another series because of Ed's look. For some reason, I'm more happy to see the cover of vol. 1 than seeing the cover of example vol. 16.... or let say vol. 10. I feel that from vol. 6 or 7 is when Ed starting to change =/

The part about Ed's hair in the front annoys me most... -makes an example-

Click to view attachment

See what I meant? I liked better the good old style =/

But this kind of thing happen to most of the artist I guess? I myself noticed changes in my own style. The more I draw my OC's, the more they look different from the original I drew for the first time. Well, in my case, I say that my OCs looked uglier than before T-T
sushyisama
I don't mind the stylistic change for Ed -- I do mind for Winry however. She looks a little off in the more recent chapters ...

*Waits patiently for raw* :x
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.