Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 78 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
RoyxRizaFan
Well, I knew Roy had to open the door, but for some reason, I was once told that was seperate from what Ed, Al, Izumi (who is indeed the fourth piece-that was why those dudes were looking for her while she was on vacation) and Hoho...but i guess its kind of obvious that whoever told me that was wrong, because Wrath came out and said Roy would open the doors...it's kind of inevitable that something bad is going to happen to Riza because of this.

I know this should bother me, and it does, but actually, I'm more like "This may bring on some good Royai moments" *obsessed*
WhiteLadyoftheRing
RoyxRizaFan, same here biggrin.gif I feel so conflicted - I'd be sad if something happened to Riza of course, but again, some of the best love stories have tragic endings and that's what makes them so awesome.

I'm with the whole Roy will be the final piece thing, but I do like the idea of it being Marcoh, too. He just keeps on surviving, you almost have to wonder if he has some huge role to play in the future, or what? And Marcoh needs some love (cos using him as a sacrifice is so much love . . . ? oh well). ::snuggles him::
Causmicfire
Tragic ending=angsty fics?

Could they use Scar as a sacrifice?
Amalthea
You know, guys, if you look around, you can easily find the translated version of this chapter already set in manga form... (I don't know if I'm going to get yelled at if I post the link)

Wow, this was an excellent chapter! I didn't expect Rose to show up since she hasn't made a single appearance in the series since the very beginning.

With Envy and Bradley on the last page, next chapter is definitely going to be interesting!
RoyxRizaFan
I usually read the translation and then go to see the complete chapter. I always read the RAW and the translation put together after i'm done getting my spoilers...

Scar can't be a sacrafice because the homoculi want to kill him...remember, they're protecting Izumi, Ed, Al, and Mustang at the moment...

As for Marcoh, I always thought he was going to die at the end (suicide), but i think hes going to become a doctor again or something. Maybe his "jounrey" or whatever's planned for him will remind him that he can still make a difference in his life and the life of others
Sannom
Quick question, if Ed and Al saw the "truth", and whole a lot of amount of informations were smacked up to their brains, why don't they have any informations on Xing's alchemy?
Do Xing have dofferent "Truth" of somethin'??? Or is Truth that Ed and Al saw has somethin to do with "Father?"

They learned the "truth" about the shapes and elements in the world, but I don't think they "understand" everything. They learned all the basics, all the things "natural", but nothing that must be learned through learning and training.

And I also think that Rentanjutsu is all about learning to use a different kind of energy, and I think that's what Al can't understand. I think it is something deeply rooted in the beliefs of the Xingese, and perharps the Ishbalans. The Amestrians don't have those beliefs, so it is really hard for them to understand what's going on. Even Marcoh was lost when May explained to him, and we know he is one gifted alchemist!

Al asked May to teach him the theory first. But perharps that there is no theory to be learned, that in fact May knew the "theory" since she was a little child through the beliefs of her people. Perharps it's too late for the Elric to learn something that big quickly! Every Xingese has felt "bad" in Amestris since their arrival... perharps it is all due to a belief they have who drived them through a special training, and that the Elric can't understand it because they don't have that belief, perharps they can't even understand that belief.
xcamilax
QUOTE(Sannom @ Dec 20 2007, 06:37 PM) *
Quick question, if Ed and Al saw the "truth", and whole a lot of amount of informations were smacked up to their brains, why don't they have any informations on Xing's alchemy?
Do Xing have dofferent "Truth" of somethin'??? Or is Truth that Ed and Al saw has somethin to do with "Father?"

They learned the "truth" about the shapes and elements in the world, but I don't think they "understand" everything. They learned all the basics, all the things "natural", but nothing that must be learned through learning and training.

And I also think that Rentanjutsu is all about learning to use a different kind of energy, and I think that's what Al can't understand. I think it is something deeply rooted in the beliefs of the Xingese, and perharps the Ishbalans. The Amestrians don't have those beliefs, so it is really hard for them to understand what's going on. Even Marcoh was lost when May explained to him, and we know he is one gifted alchemist!
Al asked May to teach him the theory first. But perharps that there is no theory to be learned, that in fact May knew the "theory" since she was a little child through the beliefs of her people. Perharps it's too late for the Elric to learn something that big quickly! Every Xingese has felt "bad" in Amestris since their arrival... perharps it is all due to a belief they have who drived them through a special training, and that the Elric can't understand it because they don't have that belief, perharps they can't even understand that belief.

yeah,but as far a i know, rentanjutsu is just only other type of renkinjutsu (or amestris alchemy?sorry im not sure of the jap term u///u) , the problem is that he can`t understand the theory becouse is not something you can explein easly, like, for exaple ¿how izumi explained ed,and al, the "all is one , and one is all"(armetris alchemy theory) thing? it wasn´t easy too...she had to do..all of that stuff that we know...so of course is difficult for Alphonse to learn it in like 2 days o_-

well that is just my opinion, anyway happy.gif .

and i dont belive that kimbley is going to be a sacrifice too,and i dont think that hoho is in the list neither D:
i think that father apracite him in a way, so he dont want to sacrifice him....or, something like that .__.lll

overal,everything else was said so:interesting chapter,nice to see rose again and blah,blah,blah....

thanks Tombow for the translation laugh.gif !*give tombow a cookie*
Sannom
and i dont belive that kimbley is going to be a sacrifice too,and i dont think that hoho is in the list neither

Hohenheim is definitely in the list, it's Izumi Father is not sure about. And he still lacks one alchemist, perharps Mustang or Marcoh.
Animeoldtimer
QUOTE(Tombow @ Dec 18 2007, 03:48 PM) *
^ Wait... I thought Izumi was the 4th piece.
It's Ed, Al, Hohenheim, then possibly Izumi.. right?
Or, am I missing something?? unsure.gif

Oops! You're right, Tombow. Sorry, I've been doing too much Christmas shopping lately and my brain is fried! wacko.gif

Kimbley, Roy, Marcoh?? Hmmm.
Chiisana
And they also wanted to let Roy try to open the gate O[]O;; Wow... Seems like the manga wold go even longer than I though? Don't know.

There is still so many thing unsolved. We still don't know how Roy is doing right now after he know that Selim is homunculus.
RoyxRizaFan
Just so there's no more confusion as to who the present 4 pieces are, here are the links to the two pages that tell us...
http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/73/43/
http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/73/44/

Roy better be in the next chapter. I need to see how he reacts to Selim's secret.
Izumi Sensai
Father probably doesn't think that Izumi would survive long enough with her 'illness' but Hoho has fixed that.
CodenameElizabeth
My thoughts turn to Roy as well for the 5th sacrifice.

I'm not sure where it was mentioned, but I do remember some mention of tryng to get him to open the gate. I'm thinking it may be tied into Hughes's death somehow. (Maybe, by enticing him that he can resurrect his friend? He had been tempted before, but had the reason NOT to pursue it. Could Father find some other way of making him want to try it again?)
RoyxRizaFan
Nope. Roy opening the doors has null to do with Hughes...its all Riza. Remember chapter 39? When Wrath saw how close Roy and Riza were? Then, when asked why he didn't kill Roy, he said, "I think he can open the doors for us" and went on to say that his kind heart was his greatest weakness...

With that said, im pretty sure the five pieces are going to be Ed, Al, Hoho, possibly Izumi unless FatherDude changes his mind, and most likely Roy. I believe that in the chapter where everyone in Mustang's crew gets transferred that all THE table peoplz said Kimblee was out of the question but Marcoh was possible...here we are...
http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/52/04/

Kimblee didn't have the guts, aparently. Marcoh...almost. What do you get from that?
CodenameElizabeth
"A kind heart" in general is Roy's weakness. I think it could be related to pretty much anyone close to him (Huges, Riza, even the Elric brothers.)
I mentioned Hughes only because he was dead. And resurrecting the dead = 'opening the gate', maybe?

This was mentioned before over on the RoiAi character discussion thread that Riza is a strong possibility as well since she is still stationed in Central-- close to where all the sh!t is going to go down... soon...
RoyxRizaFan
I just say Riza because Wrath was watching Roy and Riza together when he decided to have him open the door and because shes in a lot of trouble now, though Hughes is also a good idea.
Michiyo-
First time FMA manga readers, please post your thoughts and discussions on chapter 78 here. smile.gif

Those who have already read further chapters are also welcome to join the discussions, but please do not post any future chapter content on this thread.

This thread is Spoiler Party thread for chapter 78 content, meaning, posters do not have to use Spoiler tags while posting about chapter 78 content on this thread. smile.gif

For the reading reference, please send a PM to A Pierrot's Aria and ask for "Reading Reference Assistance for week 73."
(For more detailed explanation on this, please read Tombow's post here.)

Thank you, A Pierrot’s Aria, for all your help!! ^^
Michiyo-
reserved for chapter information
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.