Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2012: What Do You Think
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk > Debate District
Pages: 1, 2
DarkBrain

Lately there has been alot of talk of the world ending in 2012. Some people have also talked about this as the New Age. The Mayans even have 12-21-12 as the last day of their calander and as the day when the world ends at the hands of metorites and such.

Nostradamus, there was a special on him on the History Channel a few weeks ago, spekas of the Anti-Christ and how God will bring about the New Age using fire instead of water. He also speaks of the time when the center of the universe is crossed by eight celestial lines, and this phenomenon only happens every 13000 years, thriteen being the unluckly numerical value. Nostradamus also expects the world to be encased in a chaotic end at the hands of the Anti-Christ in 2012.

What do you think?
Popogeejo
QUOTE(DarkBrain @ Dec 10 2007, 08:15 PM) *
Lately there has been alot of talk of the world ending in 2012.

I've not heard anything about this but hell we get this every so often. Last year the world was supposed to end on June 6th and it failed to do so. I can't see 2012 being that special apart form the London Olympics.

Some people have also talked about this as the New Age.

Again, not heard anything about this. Pst some links please.

The Mayans even have 12-21-12 as the last day of their calander and as the day when the world ends at the hands of metorites and such.

If I remember right the Mayan calender doesn't follow the current system of measuring years. Even then 12-21-12 doesn't appear to bear any correlation to 2012.

Nostradamus,

Oh lawd.

Nostradamus, there was a special on him on the History Channel a few weeks ago, spekas of the Anti-Christ and how God will bring about the New Age using fire instead of water. He also speaks of the time when the center of the universe is crossed by eight celestial lines, and this phenomenon only happens every 13000 years, thriteen being the unluckly numerical value. Nostradamus also expects the world to be encased in a chaotic end at the hands of the Anti-Christ in 2012.

He predicted several Ends of the World and none have paid off. It's been well established he just made stuff up. 13 has no actual significance on such things either. Just because we say 13 is unlucky doesn't mean any thing.
As for the celestial lines, how did we come up with those? Where are they drawn from and what s to stop me claiming thirteen cross over my house?

What do you think?

The World will end when it ends and not a second sooner.
I have yet to see any evidence of Global calamity beyond Global warming and I don't see that wiping us out by 2012. Throw me something other than Nostradamus and Mayans.
Toby-Chan
I have seen some fascinating cases presented for the Mayan calendar, for which I was fairly skeptical for the same reason as Popo, that we can't know how accurately the Mayan calendar matches up to our own.

I remember there being a fairly convincing argument with evidence for that particular date, but I don't particularly buy doomsday prophesies of any sort. Many people abuse such notions, treating them as a means for squeezing out personal gain from a desperate populace, even for smaller predicted crashes, less drastic than the whole world ending. Remember Y2k? We almost forgot about that fiasco, didn't we? In the end, some grocery store computers messed up, and a bunch of people had more Spam in their cellars than they knew what to do with. I also feel that too many people use the prospect of the world ending as an excuse to be reckless, or taking the so-called rapture as an exit strategy. Lots of people claim that they don't need to be concerned about polluting the environment, because Christ is going to come soon and the world will be reborn. Or, that can be the reason the consider the Iraq war to be a justified war, because they see evidence for it in the bible, as being a necessary step to the armageddon.

My brother in law who is Mormon, believes that the Mayan prediction is probably true, most likely influenced by his religion's belief that the Mayans and Aztecs were the civilizations described in the Book of Mormon. (Another can of worms. Look it up if you want a better understanding of their mythos) He says that the world is going to become entirely evil, and then the second coming will happen. I think a lot of people feel this way for a multitude of reasons. I think it's easy for some to see the immorality and darkness of the world and say that it's a part of a predicted cycle that will be eradicated once the rapture comes, rather than to wallow in despair and believe that it's impossible to put an end to AIDS, war, genocide, rape. I think it makes it easier for them to condemn what they see as immoral when they believe that they just need to hold out and be 'righteous' for a few more years.

As for the 'world ending' in 2012, I'd like to point out that the prediction for the end of the world in the Mayan sense doesn't necessarily mean the end of the world so much as the end of an era. And all mystical prophecies and pseudoscience involving astronomy aside, I do believe that the world is changing so rapidly that we are going to see some major overthrows of society and the world's general order quite soon.

All in all, the end of the world has been 'coming soon' for thousands of years. We seem to forget about all the failed apocalypses that have happened within a few months of nothing happening. It's a wise idea to give serious thought to the fact that drastic change can and will happen, probably sooner than later, but that sort of caution should come with reasonable planning and assumption of a very real future ensuing.
Colette
I think I'll be a sophomore in college, hopefully, and making my way steadily into the business field.
Fushi
I think people read too much into Nostradamus' work.
DarkBrain
I appreciate everyone's commets, this is making for an interesting discussion

Well, I've managed to dig up a few sites, most focus on the Mayan beliefs;

Mayan-Armageddon 1
^This one focuses more on the theories behind it and explains it a bit more throughly

Mayan Armageddon 2
^ A pretty good one

The "Official" 12-21-12 Webpage
^This site is an alright one, alot of loopholes in alot of their facts

And if you do a simple a Google search of 2012 you'll get a large flow of sites concerning this fateful date. Now im not asking any of you to believe this or start stockpiling for this New Era, but I just thought this was one of the more interesting things I've heard, and for me alot more believable then any other stories I've heard.

And I honestly believe Nostradamus was onto something,,

And if anyone else finds any other information please feel free to share it,
also if someone finds information that argues this point please feel welcome to post.
Razzy
As for me, I don't really believe Nostradamus and his prophecies.
People recently found a book of his prophetic illustrations, and I think people look too far into the drawings and only see what they're looking for. For example, they showed a drawing by him (on a TV program) of a burning castle. I looked at it and saw a burning castle. Others looked at it and thought that it had predicted the attacks on 9/11. To me, it looked nothing like what those other people saw. It just looked like a burning castle to me. Even if it was a true prophecy, that didn't necessarily mean that it was particularly predicting 9/11, but I can understand that people would think it was, because it was a devastating event, and it was recent.

DarkBrain- I don't take those TV programs seriously anymore. When I was maybe seven years old I believed them. Now, I've seen so many of them that I don't really find them interesting or particularly accurate. I don't know. Whatever happens to the world, happens.
asunder
someone wears a tin-foil hat

Your second link cites a Dr. Jose Arguelles
http://www.philzone.com/interviews/jose/jose.html

read the interview for yourself and decide if this guy needs therapy.
So you're suggesting that perhaps a change of the current calendar may help humanity is some way?

Yes, I think the point is, it will improve humanity. It will be of the greatest benefit to humanity to start getting its mind from a deformed state to a harmonic state and that's the whole point. So, we're promoting that, and what we're looking at is the Great Calendar Change of 2004, which is not too far away. We're looking at July 25 and 26, 2004 as the big moment to pass through this moment in time.

so we can correct this by switching calenders?
and did anything happen on july 25,26th?

Fushi
QUOTE(DarkBrain @ Dec 10 2007, 04:07 PM) *
And if you do a simple a Google search of 2012 you'll get a large flow of sites concerning this fateful date. Now im not asking any of you to believe this or start stockpiling for this New Era, but I just thought this was one of the more interesting things I've heard, and for me alot more believable then any other stories I've heard.

And I honestly believe Nostradamus was onto something,,

I knew about the date 2012 a few years ago when my little brother was going through a bad paranoia stage. He kept on talking about this date and couldn't sleep at night. This wasn't as bad as my own paranoia stage thankfully.

What my problem with Nostradamus is that a lot of people intentionally go looking through it to try and find something bad or specific to what's going on nowadays. They like to link it to smaller things. One boy I knew linked it to a murder where a guy's fingers were cut off or something to that effect. I honestly highly doubt Nostradamus was able to predict something so small, and that could happen at any time period. To me, Nostradamus prophecies are right up there with people who think that if you play a KISS song backwards you'll hear the devil. when really, what you have to do is play Chicago backwards.

Also, I once knew a girl who thought Napoleon was the first of the anti-christs described by Nostradamus (I have no idea if this is a widely accepted belief or not since she's the only one I heard this from) Anyone who honestly thinks that needs to dig up a book about Napoleon and do some damn research on him. If Napoleon was an anti-christ, then I'm the arch angel Michael. Rulers like Stalin and Pinochet are more "anti christs" than Napoleon ever was.
asunder
moar debunking http://www.jaguar-sun.com/mayanfactor.html
DarkBrain
Asunder- I think you've mis-understood the entire second article I've posted. The only thing that it had to do with Jose was two quotes and the one you posted was to be found no where in the article I posted. If you had thoroughly read the article, you would've found these two quotes

As Dr. Jose Arguelles writes in "Time and The Technosphere" -
"August 13, 3113 BC is as precise and accurate as one can get for a beginning of history: the first Egyptian dynasty is dated to ca 3100 BC; the first 'city,' Uruk, in Mesopotamia, also ca 3100 BC; the Hindu Kali Yuga, 3102 BC; and most interestingly, the division of time into 24 hours of 60 minutes each and each minute into 60 seconds [and the division of the circle into 360 degrees], also around 3100 BC, in Sumeria. If the beginning of history was so accurately placed, then must not the end of history, December 21, 2012 also be as accurate?"

As Dr. Jose Arguelles writes, "In 830 A.D. the engineering team departed back to space, back to the other dimensions from which the Maya keep their watch on things. Slowly the terrestrial Maya melted back into the jungles. The time of darkness was setting in. Sure enough the conquerors came. By 830 A.D. Warrior tribes who took the ancient name of Toltec, which means Master Builder, entered the Yucatan. War and human sacrifice were introduced."

Also I'm not using Jose as one of my main sources, so if you want to find someone to prove wrong, try finding evidence against The Mayan people!

Fushigi Rockna- You're information about Napolean being considered one of the first Anti-Christs is correct, Nostradamus described three Anti-Christs

These are two accepted ones;;
  1. Napolean
  2. Hitler

The conception of an Anti-Christ, correct me if I'm wrong, but is someone who acts as a Prince Of Peace wo some, but is really a Prince Of War. and if you think about it. Napolean could be considered exactly that. He fought for the "betterment" of france, but killed many people and ordered the killings of many.

Hitler, I really think many people would agree he could very well considered that.

As for the third, there is a belief that Osama Bin Laden could be the Third, but I highly doubt that.

asunder
that entire site you linked is based around the interpretation of Dr. Jose Arguelles http://www.13moon.com/ go to the front page and you can read about his biography...
Popogeejo
QUOTE(DarkBrain @ Dec 11 2007, 12:28 AM) *
Fushigi Rockna- You're information about Napolean being considered one of the first Anti-Christs is correct, Nostradamus described three Anti-Christs

These are two accepted ones;;
  1. Napolean
  2. Hitler

Spoiler: Nostradamus predicted the rise of Histor, a river. No where in his texts is Hitler mentioned, it's just people changing the interpretation to meet with what they want.
phoenix dying
I'll either become successful in my job. Taking over the free world!

...or die of alcohol poisoning.

tongue.gif

DarkBrain
Well, I suppose we'll just have to wait and see

smile.gif
Chiyo
Yea I'll be waiting till 2012 to see if the world ends...

....or America agree's to try and reduce carbon emissions, as many targets are 2012 around the world
DarkBrain
Scientific experts from around the world are genuinely predicting that four years from now, all life on Earth could well finish. Some are saying it'll be humans that set it off. Others believe that a natural phenomenon will be the cause. And the religious folks are saying it'll be God himself who presses the stop button...

1. Mayan Calendar
The first mob to predict 2012 as the end of the world were the Mayans, a bloodthirsty race that were good at two things:

Building highly accurate astrological equipment out of stone and
Sacrificing Virgins.

Thousands of years ago they managed to calculate the length of the lunar moon as 329.53020 days, only 34 seconds out. The Mayan calendar predicts that the Earth will end on December 21, 2012. Given that they were pretty close to the mark with the lunar cycle, it's likely they've got the end of the world right as well.

2. Sun Storms
Solar experts from around the world monitoring the sun have made a startling discovery: our sun is in a bit of strife. The energy output of the sun is, like most things in nature, cyclic, and it's supposed to be in the middle of a period of relative stability. However, recent solar storms have been bombarding the Earth with so much radiation energy, it's been knocking out power grids and destroying satellites. This activity is predicted to get worse, and calculations suggest it'll reach its deadly peak sometime in 2012

3. The Atom Smasher
Scientists in Europe have been building the world's largest particle accelerator. Basically its a 27km tunnel designed to smash atoms together to find out what makes the Universe tick. However, the mega-gadget has caused serious concern, with some scientists suggesting that it's properly even a bad idea to turn it on in the first place. They're predicting all manner of deadly results, including mini black holes. So when this machine is fired up for its first serious experiment in 2012, the world could be crushed into a super-dense blob the size of a basketball.

4. The Bible says...
If having scientists warning us about the end of the world isn't bad enough,religious folks are getting in on the act aswell. Interpretations of the Christian Bible reveal that the date for Armageddon, the final battle between Good an Evil, has been set down for 2012. The I Ching, also known as the Chinese book of Changes, says the same thing, as do various sections of the Hindu teachings.

5. Super Volcano
Yellowstone National Park in the United States is famous for its thermal springs and Old Faithful geyser. The reason for this is simple - it's sitting on top of the world's biggest volcano, and geological experts are beginning to get nervous sweats. The Yellowstone volcano has a pattern of erupting every 650,000 years or so, and we're many years overdue for an explosion that will fill the atmosphere with ash, blocking the sun and plunging the Earth into a frozen winter that could last up to 15,000 years. The pressure under the Yellowstone is building steadily, and geologists have set 2012 as a likely date for the big bang.

6. The Physicists
This one's case of bog-simple maths mathematics. Physicists at Berekely Uni have been crunching the numbers. and they've determined that the Earth is well overdue for a major catastrophic event. Even worse, they're claiming their calculations prove, that we're all going to die, very soon - while also saying their prediction comes with a certainty of 99 percent- and 2012 just happens to be the best guess as to when it occurs.

7. Slip-Slop-Slap-BANG!
We all know the Earth is surrounded by a magnetic field that sheilds us from most of the sun's radiation. What you might not know is that the magnetic poles we call north and south have a nasty habit of swapping places every 750,000 years or so - and right now we're about 30,000 years overdue. Scientists have noted that the poles are drifting apart roughly 20-30kms each year, much faster than ever before, which points to a pole-shift being right around the corner. While the pole shift is underway, the magnetic field is disrupted and will eventually disappear, sometimes for up to 100 years. The result is enough UV outdoors to crisp your skin in seconds, killing everything it touches.

I would appreciate as much de-bunking as possible.

Thank you
asunder
QUOTE(DarkBrain @ May 21 2008, 09:50 PM) *
[indent][size=1]Scientific experts from around the world are genuinely predicting that four years from now, all life on Earth could well finish. Some are saying it'll be humans that set it off. Others believe that a natural phenomenon will be the cause. And the religious folks are saying it'll be God himself who presses the stop button...

1. Mayan Calendar.

we discussed this above. here's some food for thought: http://skepdic.com/maya.html

2. Sun Storms
Solar experts from around the world monitoring the sun have made a startling discovery: our sun is in a bit of strife. The energy output of the sun is, like most things in nature, cyclic, and it's supposed to be in the middle of a period of relative stability. However, recent solar storms have been bombarding the Earth with so much radiation energy, it's been knocking out power grids and destroying satellites. This activity is predicted to get worse, and calculations suggest it'll reach its deadly peak sometime in 2012

i'd like to see these calculations. The solar cycles are on a 11(?) year cycle, i doubt we'd see any significant global change.

3. The Atom Smasher
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/sciencenow/di...hes/070706.html

4. The Bible says...
A specific interpretation of a relgious text doesn't prove anything?

5. Super Volcano
where's your evidence? Show me your data.
also: http://www.snopes.com/science/volcano.asp

6. The Physicists
Seriously please give us data and analysis technique...

7. Slip-Slop-Slap-BANG!

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2003/29...gneticfield.htm
They've also learned what happens during a magnetic flip. Reversals take a few thousand years to complete, and during that time--contrary to popular belief--the magnetic field does not vanish. "It just gets more complicated," says Glatzmaier. Magnetic lines of force near Earth's surface become twisted and tangled, and magnetic poles pop up in unaccustomed places. A south magnetic pole might emerge over Africa, for instance, or a north pole over Tahiti. Weird. But it's still a planetary magnetic field, and it still protects us from space radiation and solar storms.

this whole topic reeks of someone's blogspam or a junk email -__-
Tris the Reaper
QUOTE(DarkBrain @ May 21 2008, 08:50 PM) *
If having scientists warning us about the end of the world isn't bad enough,religious folks are getting in on the act aswell. Interpretations of the Christian Bible reveal that the date for Armageddon, the final battle between Good an Evil, has been set down for 2012. The I Ching, also known as the Chinese book of Changes, says the same thing, as do various sections of the Hindu teachings.

If these guys have been interpreting the same Bible I've known for years, there is just a slight problem...

The Battle of Armageddon is supposed to happen seven years after the rapture of the Christians. If this is true and to be taken into account, and that 2012 is four years from now, why hasn't a good chunk of the world gone missing yet?

I also don't recall the Bible ever saying "LOL THE WORLD WILL END IN 2012", either. And I've been faith for a long time now. Yes they said they interpreted it, but I just wanna know what they supposedly interpreted. I can't speak for Chinese or Hindu teachings, however.

In any case though, I agree with asu, the whole thing reeks of junk email. :/
Toby-Chan
"Calculating" that earth is well overdue for a (unspecified) major catastrophic event? Because that's some kind of physical requisite for existence?

Science, plz.
AlphonseRules
I'm pretty sure that humans will be around for a long long looooong time to come. I think some residents of this forum are a little to gullible.
FullTylerStarke
well i know one thing for certain, I will be hosting a giant end of the world party. As far as the world actually ending, I doubt it very much but if it does, I'll go out with a bang
FailToImpress
No, I don't think the world will end in 2012.

If it does happen to go kaputt then my psychology degree will be useless, I graduate in that year, haha.
Blysse
QUOTE (AlphonseRules @ May 22 2008, 10:06 AM) *
I'm pretty sure that humans will be around for a long long looooong time to come. I think some residents of this forum are a little to gullible.

Haha, I'll join you at the party, eh? tongue.gif

I've always had an inkling that Nostradamus was... well, I don't want to say 'right' because I'm not just blindly agreeing with everything he said. But a lot of the S**t he said really freaks the hell outta me. Like the 2012 stuff.

And like the three anti-Christs. The third of which, he named as Obama. Now... if he was right about that and we've got an anti-Christ running about running America now... that'll just add more fuel to the flames of Armageddon, eh?
Popogeejo
And like the three anti-Christs. The third of which, he named as Obama.

[citation needed]
Artixte
2012 looks like a lucky number to me(that's just my feeling..), I don't think the world will be ending. Not for another...I say about halfway over 2000 years? I think his prophecies goes up til 3797 from what I heard... There's also a possibility that the guys working on the interpretation of the quatrains is that they could have misinterpreted some parts.
Forgiven
I don't believe it. Even though the ends times are near, and everything is adding to the return of Jesus Christ, I still don't believe it. Because the Bible says that no man knows the time or day when Jesus comes back and the world will end.

"But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father." Mark 13:32KJV

There's one verse for you. I can't find all the other verses I used on another website, but one of them I wanted to use but couldn't find it talks about a man who deceives other men into thinking they know the day when everything shall end is a false prophet.
Innocent-malice
I don't believe in it at all, if I'm correct there have been about 200 known end of the world dates that have all failed...what happens happens, all I know, on the day of the end of the world...I'm sitting on top of one of the casinos here and throwing rocks at people...
Mercy_Alchemist94
QUOTE (Blysse @ Dec 31 2008, 05:14 AM) *
And like the three anti-Christs. The third of which, he named as Obama. Now... if he was right about that and we've got an anti-Christ running about running America now... that'll just add more fuel to the flames of Armageddon, eh?

I don't believe he's the third anti-Christ, just some guy who got into office because he was black. (The crowds are to be fooled by his words, not his skin color.) Heck, the only person who is without a doubt an anti-Christ is Hilter, Napolean just doesn't seem to fit the bill comepletely.

QUOTE ('Forgiven')
"But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father." Mark 13:32KJV

There's one verse for you. I can't find all the other verses I used on another website, but one of them I wanted to use but couldn't find it talks about a man who deceives other men into thinking they know the day when everything shall end is a false prophet.

This holds true to me. This is how a lot of cults start, some person says they're a messanger of God and tells the day the world's going to end and it all goes to heck from there. But anyway, with that verse it seems to me that it will be the one date no one will think of that it will happen, we will be unable to think of it.

The 2012 thing is just not going to happen, I know it. (But I'll still be jumpy all that year thanks to my friends and you people.)
sidekick.kep37
Personally, I just like listening to the arguments between the-world-dies-in-2012 and the-world-doesn't-die-in2012. I guess you could call me a neutral person. I'm very fascinated by both sides of the argument and just to put down a point, I'm going to say I'm actually leaning more towards "the world is gonna end in 3 years and 8 months!!!" kinda thing. Maybe it's because of I've been watching way too much History Channel lately (actually the Nostradamus: 2012 documentary was just on a few hours ago... I sat there and watched it...).

Although I'm also convinced the 2012 thing is just another one of those... for lack of a better word, a "fake" prediction, I'm just interested in how someone comes to terms when it's zero hour. Sure, right now a lot of us are saying "End of the world, my arse!" but when the time comes, I can guarantee a lot of people saying they don't believe in it will probably run to the grocer's and do the same thing with y2k... but a ....ake load of spam. coughcoughHypocritescoughcough. Although I was only 6 when y2k was supposed to come, my parents as well as a lot of others I know cracked.

Since there's also the fact that people think 2012 is the start of the new era, as a Christian, I follow that thought up with "oh... maybe it'll be the start of the new era because of maybe... The Rapture?"

All thoughts and rants aside, what am I gonna do when dec. 20, 2012 comes (the eve of the so-called end of the world/new era)? i'm gonna be running over my plans for the zombie horde....

of course, jk, jk.
Hagaren_4ever
This is just ridiculous, it's things like this that cause suicide rates to sky-rocket. And the whole 2012 thing is in December! People will ALREADY be killing themselves. dry.gif

Anyway, don't freak out about it. People have been predicting the end of the world, since, well... the BEGINNING of the world. And non of them have been right- No, wait. There was that one....no. None of them were right.
Forsaken Love
LOL the world will end the year my country gets the olympics?? XD well yeh i know we're gonna crap it up but thats harsh hahaha
Mhacy
I dont believed in that end-of-the world crap.
first of all...not anyone of us can predict what will happen in the future.
just think of it, we're just scaring ourselves.
ninryu
existence is forever.
Hagaren_4ever
QUOTE (ninryu @ Jun 24 2009, 09:04 AM) *
existence is forever.

Couldn't have said it better and more to the point myself. ohmy.gif
Forgiven
QUOTE (ninryu @ Jun 24 2009, 09:04 AM) *
existence is forever.

How can you even say that?
angelstar2408
I guess we just have to wait and see if it's true.....

But hey! I'm excited! I mean it's a once in a lifetime thing to see the apocalypse! biggrin.gif
sidekick.kep37
QUOTE (Hagaren_4ever @ Jun 23 2009, 02:14 PM) *
And the whole 2012 thing is in December! People will ALREADY be killing themselves. dry.gif

Wait, why would people just be killing themselves just because it was December? I don't get it. Maybe I just interpretted your statement wrong, but what do you mean by that?

HannahBlack09
I sometimes believe it, sometimes not.. The whole December 21th of 2012 is written in the Mayan runes, and well.. they were pretty kickass in math and astronomy xD.. They even predicted the whole two moons thingy.

I dont know.. but hey.. whats the point of getting all angsty if it is a date that we will have to deal with eventually. The best thing you can do is enjoy your life because it would be sooo lame that when the time comes all you would have done was cry and worry about how you where going to die sleep.gif .. You might die tomorrow and here you are worrying that you might die in the 2012..

JUST LIVE YOUR LIFE!
sandrag
~ 2012 doomsday real or fake? Let's Discuss. ~

Hi All!
This my first one topic and there is one questions , that i wanna clear out.
2012 doomsday real or fake? Let's Discuss.

--
<Snip . Fake sig with the link for klirok.net was deleted. :) ~ Board Staff>
Tombow
Merged the thread.
Hagaren_4ever
QUOTE (sidekick.kep37 @ Jun 30 2009, 01:55 PM) *
QUOTE (Hagaren_4ever @ Jun 23 2009, 02:14 PM) *
And the whole 2012 thing is in December! People will ALREADY be killing themselves. dry.gif

Wait, why would people just be killing themselves just because it was December? I don't get it. Maybe I just interpretted your statement wrong, but what do you mean by that?

Oh, that? It's a common occurrence that suicide rates go up around the holidays. Lots of different factors, less hours of sunlight every day, realizing that you have no one to spend the holidays with, being jealous of everyone else's happiness, etc etc.

But the thing is, I think that people should just stay strong and say that it's not gonna happen. Because then if it DOESN'T happen, you can say you were right and people won't think you're a moron, and if it DOES happen, then.... you're dead. You don't have to answer to anyone, and the people who were freaking out all along can't say, "I told you so" because, well what can I say? tongue.gif
KwiatekAlchemist
It's a load of crap.
I don't believe that the word will end in 2012.

I can't believe that they even made a movie about it. .______.
ahaha I heard it got really low ratings anways, xD
Hagaren_4ever
^ Ha, well duh. Who wants to see a movie about the world ending? I don't go to a theater to be more depressed coming OUT of the theater then I was going IN! laugh.gif
Popogeejo
I can't believe that they even made a movie about it.

What's wrong with making a movie about something that never happened/will happen?
Hagaren_4ever
^I think she just think it's ridiculous, and it shouldn't be made into a movie. Not to mention the fact that it freaks some people out. But these are usually the people that believed it in the first place. I wouldn't want to watch it, just because I know everyone's gonna die, and it's gonna be depressing.
KwiatekAlchemist
^
I don't know, I don't really have a good reason for that.
Just that in my opinion I think its pointless. :|
Fullmetal666
Remember back in 1999 how people were saying that the world was going to end in 2000? Remember how nothing happened? This sounds like the same thing.
Imbris
QUOTE (Fullmetal666 @ Nov 20 2009, 01:13 AM) *
Remember back in 1999 how people were saying that the world was going to end in 2000? Remember how nothing happened? This sounds like the same thing.

That was ridiculous, but at least the computer crashing theories had a BIT of reality behind them. This 2012 stuff is just 100% ludicrous.
Hagaren_4ever
^ But the calender! The calender, Imbris! It ENDS! ohmy.gif

OMG, that must mean that's when the world ends! Because apparently they're great at predicting the ends of all civilizations but they're own! Those Mayans are so smart...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.