Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vol. 18 (chapters 70, 71, 72, 73)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Sensenic
~ Volume 18 cover!!, The OMG! is back! ~

Been searching around and couldn't find it.... So either Im' a really bad searcher or you've been missing one friggin' impressive piece of art.

Volume 18 cover!

m(_ _)m

Perspective's perhaps a bit off?
Anyway I love spoilersome storyline driven covers back happy.gif
This is on the level of 12, 13, 14, I say.
spoonyalchemist
Hmmm...I think you might be right about the perspective. But I love the way Ed and Al are posed, and having Pride standing in the back with those creepy faces he makes going towards him looks AMAZING. Kimbley's looking very diabolical back there, too. Overall I'd say I like it. happy.gif

Thanks for sharing, Sensenic!

Do we know who's on the spine yet? I'm thinking it's going to be Pride.
Celeste Nayamashii
That is a seriously awesome cover. She makes Ed look more and more hot each time. Thanks for sharing this with us! I was anxious to see what the new volume looked like. <3

Hmmm, it could possibly be Pride or Kimbley on the spine. I'm leaning more towards Kimbley. This makes me even more anxious for the newest chapter!! Shouldn't that be coming this Sunday?
Nekokitty
^Kimbley was already on the spine for volume 15. =D
I'd say it's more likely to be Pride.

This cover's pretty sweet. I really like the poses and the angles.
Alchemical
Brilliant cover. <333 Thanks for sharing!

I'm going with Pride for the spine.

EDIT: Is it just me, or does Ed look really skinny? Oo
Havanese
Awesome! biggrin.gif I'm betting Pride is on the spine, too. Or Yoki, lol.
Tombow
QUOTE(Havanese @ Dec 5 2007, 06:23 PM) *
Awesome! biggrin.gif I'm betting Pride is on the spine, too. Or Yoki, lol.

Haha, I vote for Yoki! laugh.gif

Nice cover! I agree with Sensenic, I like the "foretelling" part of this cover with "the eyes," "the little guy," and Kimbley in the back.
Celeste Nayamashii
QUOTE(Nekokitty @ Dec 5 2007, 03:59 PM) *
^Kimbley was already on the spine for volume 15. =D
I'd say it's more likely to be Pride.

This cover's pretty sweet. I really like the poses and the angles.

Bah, I didn't know *blushes* I've only seen the cover, not the spine... blush.gif I'll go with the majority and say Pride.
ehxhfdl14
The cover has a different feel than others, for some reason... Or is it just me o-O?
It'd be awesome if Yoki was on the spine XD
Star Alchemist
I have no idea who to guess, so I'll just have to wait and see and then be surprised. T_T But yays, the next volume is out, and that means more FMA!! biggrin.gif
Twilightz
Kimbley and Alphonse on the same cover... @_@ <333
Havanese
QUOTE(Alchemical @ Dec 5 2007, 04:01 PM) *

Huh, now that you mention it, he does... You think Arakawa made that intentional, maybe to hint at the connection between Edward and Alphonse weakening? Though, if the connection was weakening, wouldn't Edward weigh more, not less?

(lol, I'm probably thinking into this too much... it was probably just an anatomy error on Arakawa's part, or something).
Causmicfire
QUOTE(Alchemical @ Dec 5 2007, 02:01 PM) *

It's either because of the angle, he's kind of twisted around, and the belt is emphasizing how small that makes his waist look, or it's due to him getting taller.
Alchemical
QUOTE(Havanese @ Dec 6 2007, 05:11 PM) *
Huh, now that you mention it, he does... You think Arakawa made that intentional, maybe to hint at the connection between Edward and Alphonse weakening? Though, if the connection was weakening, wouldn't Edward weigh more, not less?

(lol, I'm probably thinking into this too much... it was probably just an anatomy error on Arakawa's part, or something).

Yeah, it was either error on her part (in one of the art books, she says the same thing) or I'm going with Causmicfire on angle.

This hardly has anything to do with the cover, but I also realized that Ed hasn't been eating a lot, either. Must be eating off-manga. XD
Edamame
Wow, I really like the latest cover. We have a montage of "good" versus "evil". I love how the columns on the right of the page are "snaking off" into Pride's shadowy tendrils. Arakawa-sensei has certainly created a pleasing cover that is most fitting for the latest chapters. Hah hah, now I need to rush to KinoKuniya bookstore and buy this volume. Sigh, can't wait until the next chapter comes out on Monday (or is it Tuesday).

PS- I kind of what young Hohenheim to be on the spine.
CowAlchemist
I think he just looks skinny because he's twisted sideways.

This is one heck of a cover - I loooove it. biggrin.gif

[And Yoki being on the spine would be OSGLSKGJSLKFJGSLJKJLASDJF awesome. Just because.]
Havanese
QUOTE(CowAlchemist @ Dec 10 2007, 08:06 PM) *
I think he just looks skinny because he's twisted sideways.

This is one heck of a cover - I loooove it. biggrin.gif

[And Yoki being on the spine would be OSGLSKGJSLKFJGSLJKJLASDJF awesome. Just because.]

Yoki needs more love. Why doesn't he have a fanclub yet? huh.gif Even Alfons Hei. has a bunch of fans, and Yoki has had more screentime than him!
xcamilax
thank you so muchSensenic
the cover looks so cool !

i love how kimbley looks haha he looks like a 50 movies in black and white character xD oh and Ed face looks strange, the proportion looks different and make the eyes look little o___O

Oh and pride silhouette is so cool too, so spoilery(whoa i created a new word...) xD
HisshouBuraiKen
QUOTE(Edamame @ Dec 7 2007, 09:44 AM) *
PS- I kind of what young Hohenheim to be on the spine.

Well now I just want Homunculus on there (flask version) but that may have to wait until 19. I'm calling Pride.
pawnedbyme
Nice new cover hope pride is on the spine might be to small tho.
Meitantei Conan
QUOTE(Sensenic @ Dec 5 2007, 10:27 AM) *
Been searching around and couldn't find it.... So either Im' a really bad searcher or you've been missing one friggin' impressive piece of art.

Volume 18 cover!

m(_ _)m

Perspective's perhaps a bit off?
Anyway I love spoilersome storyline driven covers back happy.gif
This is on the level of 12, 13, 14, I say.

Thats a raw Cover!

I cannot wait till that comes in to america when Viz get the translation verison <(^^<)(>^^)>

Thanks for the Info Sensenic, and The Picture!
Amalthea
It's awesome, def one of the better covers. I especially love that Kimblee was included in his smexy white suit.
Naivete
The cover has a different feel than others, for some reason... Or is it just me o-O?

You're not alone. I think it feels different too, but I can't seem pinpoint what it might be... =\

Awesome cover as usual, but Ed's head looks a bit too big from my point of view. o.O
RoyxRizaFan
Ed looks slightly odd. His position, i guess...but this cover is still my second fave behind 12 because it includes Pride, one of my fave characters, and Kimblee (who doesn't love him, even if he IS a pyscho bomber killer dude?)
The random alchemist
QUOTE(Alchemical @ Dec 5 2007, 03:01 PM) *
Brilliant cover. <333 Thanks for sharing!

I'm going with Pride for the spine.

He's not eating his meat that's why sneaky2.gif

actually I find he looks perfect, maybe its the angle or something. Angles can sometimes distort details on characters *shrug*
paca
I couldn't find the omakes of vol.18 anywhere so ...here they are:

Arakawa
Hayate (chapter 72)
Intro
Omake
Yoki's omake
Omake- shadowsthe same bigger
Kimbly and A. bigger

That's all!!

[Sorry if they have already been posted u_u]
Havanese
Thank you so much, paca! smile.gif
chibi-envy
whens 19s cover coming out
Causmicfire
You can find it Here, in the volume 19 thread
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.