Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Youtube Racism
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk > Debate District
coyote_sprit
I've seen a lot of racism on YouTube lately. Mainly between Asian races/cultures. For instance there are several people calling Japanese people inferior(I'm not kidding) and saying they are slaves to china, steal cultural aspects and are whores. Yet Japan has a higher HDI then other Asian countries(inferior, eh), longest period of life, and they have a huge economy. Then you have the PRoC citizens saying they are disgusted that people in Taiwan share their culture and how they don't consider them to be Chinese, they when it comes down to it they'll say Taiwan belongs to them(I won't get into that). Then you have South Korean and Taiwanese people going back and forth arguing that ones race is trash and the other is superior.

It's just annoying, most a**holes who insult Taiwan don't realize they wouldn't have a motherboard if it wasn't for them or YouTube for that matter since Steve Chen is from Taiwan, and come to think of it 'Yahoo!'. People who insult Japan should really look at some anime, manga, games and Japan is the biggest automotive manufacturer in the world. People who insult South Korea should realize several car(Kia and Hyundai) and electronic(LG and Samsung) companies come from Korea. People who insult PRoC should realize that without their economy you probably wouldn't have an economy.

What are your though on YouTube racism?
Tris the Reaper
Why do I get the feeling most of the people posting those are /b/tards from 4chan?
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Tris the Reaper @ Oct 29 2007, 10:33 PM) *
Why do I get the feeling most of the people posting those are /b/tards from 4chan?

/b/tards were mostly being ironic. Not so sure these days.

As for the youtube thing. YT isn't racist, people are. YT is just a good place to stand on your soap box. With taht I'd say we could merge this with the racism thread we already have.

People who insult Japan should really look at some anime, manga, games and Japan is the biggest automotive manufacturer in the world.

Ahahahaha.
Colette
How dare they insult the great kawaii sugoi land of the rising sun-san?! Those bakas! I'm going to get my kendo stick out and bash them all!

(I'm far more annoyed by people hero worshiping Japan than I am them bashing it. Not that they're equal crimes, it's just the former is so damn common on the internet)
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Summoner Colette @ Oct 29 2007, 10:48 PM) *
(I'm far more annoyed by people hero worshiping Japan than I am them bashing it. Not that they're equal crimes, it's just the former is so damn common on the internet)

For good reason. Japan is the land of the RISING SUN! If Japan didn't exist the sun wouldn't rise and we'd all die! DO YOU WANT THAT!?
Carnal Malefactor
Uhm... you may want to look up the definition of 'racism'.
TheRainbowConnection
http://www.xkcd.com/202/

In short, I think (hope) that YouTube commenters do not represent an accurate cross-section of the general public.
f1madman
As a huge F1 fan and my favourite driver being Lewis Hamilton (the first black driver and world champion), I see loads of racism towards him and his family on youtube.

Its really very sad what the anonymity of the Internet can bring out in people.
Vagrant
Possibly my favourite exchange on YouTube. This was on a video about Halo 3's soundtrack. (censored by this forum)
dragme122:
there are no more sequels. There is ODST but thats it no more cortnana or chief

YellowStringStudios:
Halo:Reach

dieseld0g:
thats a pre-quel idiot. but after that bungie will make nomore

dragme122:
i know f*!@tard im not stupid you f*!@ing jew

dieseld0g:
that was for yellowstringstudios NOT YOU SO IF ANYBODY IS THE JEW ITS YOU. you think i was replying to your comement on ODST and thats not a prequel. so either way your a f*!@ing idiot.

dragme122:
dude i will f*!@ing kill you in youre sleep and cut your f*!@ing head and keep i t as a trophy you f*!@ing homosexual jew

dieseld0g:
hahaha id like to see you try id break your arm snap your ankle and knock you out. Im a karate champion

dragme122:
Motherf*!@er I am a hand to hand combat instructor in the military id watch your jew *** b*tch

tsaelite:
who nos they might make more

People are idiots. Just ignore it. Anonymous dicks being dicks on the internet isn't a new thing and it's unlikely to lead to lynchings.

QUOTE (Summoner Colette @ Oct 29 2007, 11:48 PM) *
How dare they insult the great kiwi sugoi land of the rising sun-san?! Those bakas! I'm going to get my kendo stick out and bash them all!

I like you.
alchemist x
smile.gif without You-tube racism, where would I get my laughs?

[don't shoot I'm not racist. Except for those white people. DAMN CRACKERS!!!]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.