Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fma Movie Purchase
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > FMA Conqueror of Shambala Movie
Illusions
Well, I've recently purchased the FMA movie from Amazon.com. And this is where my problem started. The movie I intended to purchase was labeled: Fullmetal Alchemist The Movie - The Conqueror of Shamballa (Limited Edition). What I've received is: Fullmetal Alchemist The Movie - The Conqueror of Shamballa (Special Edition). I've emailed them about the discrepency, but instead received an email stating that they didn't know which product I was referring too (this was regardless of the fact that the email itself contained the name of the purchase, and was submitted using their own automated complaint form that included the item's product id) . mellow.gif

So I've emailed them again. Over a week ago. They seem to be giving me the run around. I'm just wondering if there is any difference between the two versions, so that either I can get to enjoying my purchase, or go back to trying to get Amazon.com to send me the right product. happy.gif
asunder
http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews2/disc_reviews/6009.php

according to this...the limited edition includes
This limited edition comes with a 64-Page hardback book, ten 5x7 portrait cards, and a bonus DVD with extras.

did your amazon purchase come with the above?
if yes, then special and limited are probably the same. I've seen a few sites refer to the limited edition as the special collector's edition
Fushi
You mean this edition actually exists?

And here I thought FunI lied about it.

.......hmmmm...I wonder if I should start checking stores again for it. Not that I was a big fan of the movie, just that I want those darn extras. >.>
Edamame
QUOTE(Fushigi Rockna @ Oct 5 2007, 07:04 PM) *
You mean this edition actually exists?

And here I thought FunI lied about it.

.......hmmmm...I wonder if I should start checking stores again for it. Not that I was a big fan of the movie, just that I want those darn extras. >.>

I feel the same way; I wasn't a huge fan of the movie, but that isn't stopping me from wanting all of the cool extras. (I also like the artwork on the Special Edition box-God am I lame.) I guess the best bet might be to check on Ebay. Unfortunately, I should have bought the extras on EBAY when the movie first came out. The little hard-cover book that comes with the movie is selling for quite a lot. *_*
Illusions
Well if anyone wants to buy it I've found it (The Special Edition) at two locations:

1) Amazon.com
2) Best Buy

Still haven't figured out if they are the same version, or if they are two different versions with the same stuff (yes the list of stuff seems to be the same from what's described on the slip-case of the DVD I have. However I haven't opened it up yet, so I can't be certain how similar they are).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.