Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Since Fma Anime Has Ended
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1)
Andrew2489
If it was brought back to life?.. FMA Was canceled am I correct? I've been thinking for a while now.. What if someone buys the rights and license and brings it back.. Do you think it would be a success?
Naivete
Actually, it was never canceled. It's just finished, that's all.

There are:
-51 anime episodes
-2 OVAs (or 3, I forgot) 5 OVAs
-And a movie (The Conqueror of Shamballa)

If you have anymore questions, PM and I'll help you out.

Have a nice day. smile.gif
Btw, try and use the "Search" function next time.

Edit:
Oh crap, it is 51 episodes!
Precis
baKa is right for the most part... but there's only 51 episodes and a total of 5 OVAs. happy.gif (plus the movie, of course)
Andrew2489
Yeah but the manga is still going isn't it?...
Alchemical
QUOTE(Andrew2489 @ Oct 4 2007, 01:14 PM) *
Yeah but the manga is still going isn't it?...

Yes.
I think it'd be neat for them to make an OVA about the manga's plot. c:
Andrew2489
What's an OVA and How can I Find them.. And Watch~.
Edamame
QUOTE(Andrew2489 @ Oct 5 2007, 03:47 PM) *
What's an OVA and How can I Find them.. And Watch~.

Andrew, OVA stands for "Original Video Animation." OVA are usually broken down into individual episodes. The episodes generally vary in length from thirty minutes to more than two hours. Many times OVAs are based on television series, and the OVA serve as a way to tie up loose ends that weren't made clear in the original anime. Many times, OVA are made when an anime tends to deviate from the manga that it was based off of. OVA can also be completely unrelated to the original plot-line of an anime.

Alchemical : I would skip merrily around my room if they made OVAs for the manga. It would be one heck of a long OVA series though. blink.gif
EchoSix
QUOTE(baKa-neKoh @ Oct 3 2007, 10:04 PM) *
Actually, it was never canceled. It's just finished, that's all.

So will there still be re-runs in US/Canada by any chance?
Naivete
^I thought that they always had re-runs.
huh.gif

http://www.ytv.com/programming/shows/fullmetal_alchemist/

Have a look.
EchoSix
QUOTE(baKa-neKoh @ Oct 10 2007, 11:01 PM) *
^I thought that they always had re-runs.
huh.gif

http://www.ytv.com/programming/shows/fullmetal_alchemist/

Have a look.

Well yeah, I just noticed it was still on Fridays but it pisses me off though because they were usually on Monday-Thursday and new one's on Fridays. Now I'm forced to watch it on Fridays were it is 20 episodes already ahead sad.gif I just asked because this schedule change happened a few days ago.
The Hawkeye Alchemist
QUOTE(Edamame @ Oct 5 2007, 02:06 PM) *
Alchemical : I would skip merrily around my room if they made OVAs for the manga. It would be one heck of a long OVA series though. blink.gif

I would skip merrily as well. XD I think an ova of the manga would be awesome. The fma anime was good but I will always like the manga better. Especially since some of my favorite characters didn't make it into the anime. biggrin.gif
Havanese
I would hate it if they made another series about Ed and Al's adventures on Earth or something (though I would watch it anyway, I'm sure; heck, if it has Ed and Al in it, I'd watch it, no matter how ridiculous and twisted the plot is), but I would be overjoyed if they made a new series based on the manga's plot.
Celeste Nayamashii
They couldn't really call it Fullmetal Alchemist if they were to make a series based on Ed and Al's time here on earth since he's not technically an alchemist anymore, considering alchemy can't work on that side of the gate. Now if they made a series based off of the manga, I think I'd die of happiness.
RavenHair
I agree, I would love to of seen a anime based on the manga. I really loved the anime but I kinda wish they stuck with the manga's story line.
Havanese
Sorry if I'm going off-topic, but does anyone think there's a chance they'll remake Fullmetal Alchemist in a few years and have it be a loyal adaptation? I doubt they will, but if there's any chance, I'd be really happy. happy.gif I know Kanon was remade (and the remake is much better), but I don't recall any other instances where an anime is remade... however, the Fullmetal Alchemist anime's plot diverts so much from the manga that there's enough material to make a very different series.

Do you think it's possible?
Zalamist
I'm not remaining too overly optimistic, seems they will perhaps spew out a few games and it will dwindle out. Who knows though because My Little Ponies, Carebears, Ghostbusters, and all the stuff I watched when I was a kid are now coming back (they were probably more mainstream popular however). Maybe some day way down the road though?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.