Sep 27 2007, 09:01 PM
Alright, we all love the movies with the tanks and the planes and the guns and the booms, but there's a lot more to a really good war movie. What's your favorite and WHY?
Also, make it a war that's actually happened, not a fictional war.
One of my favorite ones is still Platoon. It really shows what kind of hell it was over there, although it of course doesn't come anywhere near the real thing. It doesn't potray war as cool or entertaining, but what it really is.
Saving Private Ryan was a good one too. It's probably the best WWII movie I've seen, unless you count Schindler's List. Either way, Saving Private should have won the Best Picture Oscar in '98...none of this Shakespeare in Love crap.
Oct 3 2007, 09:47 PM
I have six best war movies
- Band of Brothers - I like the parachute at night scene on D-Day
- Saving Private Ryan - the ending where Tom Hanks is dying (so sad)
- The Longest Day - The German officer freaked out when saw of all the allies ship at the beach arrives in mid-morning (with Beethoven music) on D-Day.
- Full Metal Jacket - harrowing, disturbing but perfect
- Three Kings - best humor war movie
- Jarhead - definately the same
They all war movies when you like in hell or something....definately the awesome movies I've ever witness. Boldy goes where no woman has gone before....
Oct 3 2007, 10:15 PM
Oct 20 2007, 10:02 AM
You know, in all my years of watching movies, I've never seen Full Metal Jacket. What's it about?
Oct 20 2007, 09:59 PM
I haven't seen many war movies, but I'd say that my favorite is Apocalypse Now with Marlin Brando. An oldie but a goodie for sure.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here