Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jena 6
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk > Debate District
cmChimera
I'm too lazy to find articles or anything regarding the matter but I'm sure most of have heard about it. Opinions? Racially motivated arrests? Charges? Go..
Carnal Malefactor
stop micromnaging the forum¸ TOMBOW!
Tombow
QUOTE (cmChimera @ Sep 21 2007, 02:46 PM) *
I'm too lazy to find articles or anything regarding the matter but I'm sure most of have heard about it. Opinions? Racially motivated arrests? Charges? Go..

@cmChimera - I'm guessing many people on our board have not heard about Jena 6 case. Please note that our board have members from all around the world, and large number of our member population do not live in the U.S..

Therefore, if you would like to discuss this case, I think it is a good idea that necessary information, or links where we can obtain more informations on this case be made available to readers. I think that is a good idea for any new thread, but particularly so in Debate District, IMO.
IMO, the thread starter being too lazy to present the case for the discussion/debate is NOT a good way to open a thread in Debate District. Hence, I'm closing this thread. But, you're welcome to reorganize your thoughts on this, and reopen it when you're not feeling "too lazy."

I can see that this case is important enough for you to open a thread about it. I suggest that when you are not "feeling lazy," do little more leg works, gather information, and present it on your post so that others could learn more about this case, then present/post this case for the discussion/debate in this forum? (and preferably, we'd like to hear your opinion on the case as well.) And/or, if your focus of discussion on this case is "racism" issues, this might be brought up and discussed on you are racist thread? Just checking. smile.gif

----

OT:
QUOTE (Carnal Malefactor @ Sep 21 2007, 05:39 PM) *
stop micromnaging the forum¸ TOMBOW!

@Carnal Malefactor - I disagree. And, while we are at the topic of "micromanaging" the forum, please stop deleting other member's posts "at your whim" like the way you have just deleted my posts.. twice. That is more or less your trying to "micromanage" the forum, isn't it? smile.gif

Closing the thread.
Carnal Malefactor
there is NOTHING wrong with this thread. If people are unfamiliar with the topic, they're under no obligation to participate in the discussion. Simple as that. Those that are interested can look it up on their own.
Tombow
QUOTE (Carnal Malefactor @ Sep 21 2007, 06:37 PM) *
there is NOTHING wrong with this thread.

Once again, let me clarify the reason for closing this thread.

1. This topic is based on some incident/case in the U.S., yet the thread starter is "too lazy" to give us the information about the case, nor telling us his focus of this thread. While that can be sometimes fine on some other threads in General discussion portion of our forums, especially if the topic is already well known subject such as Movie, TV shows, popular anime series, etc., IMO this becomes more important if discussing some case that may or may not be widely known, and IMO additional information on this particular case would be very helpful.

2. This might or might not be discussed on some existing thread, yet I can not determine that because there is not sufficient content on the opening post.

Hence, I'm suggesting that the thread author to take time, gather information and his/her thought on this case and present to us when he/she is not feeling too lazy, and try it again fresh. This is not "shutting down" the opportunity to discuss this topic. I'm simply asking the OP to "take time" and present his/her thread in some better fashion that might facilitate this discussion better, when he/she is not feeling "too lazy."

Hence, my initial decision stands, and closing the thread. smile.gif

OT:
BTW, once again, please stop deleting other member's posts at your whim, like the way you have just deleted my posts, now THREE times, two times on my previous post on this thread, and one time on this post. (that is more or less your way of trying to "micromanage" the forum and trying to FORCE YOUR OPINION, isn't it? ^^ ) ..at any rate, if you don't mind, I would like to perform my Modly duty without this kind of disruptions in the forums, and if you have objections to the way other Mods performed their Modly duties and would like to discuss, may I ask you to take to the staff forum, as its supposed to be handled IMO, and I would be happy to join the discussion there. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.