Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Shawshank Redemption
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Movies, TV Shows, & Other Videos
GREEDisGOOD
The Shawkshank Redemption is simply the best film ever made, hands down, no arguement. Even people who disagree with this have to agree it's at one of the best ever made, right?

I could go on a rant for hours, but I'll limit it down to a couple sentences. In 1994 Shawshank was up for Best Picture, but lost to Forrest Gump. Now don't get me wrong, Forrest Gump is a great movie, and Hanks deserved the Best Actor Oscar, but there is no way in HELL that Forrest Gump wins out over Shawshank.
asunder
Who cares? This was about 13 years ago. Did you even watch both movies 13 years ago?

The point is that they're both good movies.
joanne45
Oh, yesh....definetely the best movie! And I just love the surprising scene (the escape sequence)plus the footage (Morgan Freeman still laughing from cell to a different cell in a darkness...I think).
GREEDisGOOD
Who cares? This was about 13 years ago. Did you even watch both movies 13 years ago?

The point is that they're both good movies.

Although this topic's really just about Shawshank, and it's your opinion, I suppose I do have to blow up at little bit:
WHAT THE F$&K ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!! 13 Years ago - I don't care if it was fifty years ago, I can't see why Shawshank didn't win. If know anything about Hollywood, then you should know this: At that time, at least, HOLLYWOOD DIDN'T LIKE TIM ROBBINS. Really, I just think they couldn't bear giving his movie the Oscar...bastards.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.