Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wateria's Fma Art....
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fanworks > Fanarts
wateria
I'm new to posting on forums so please don't be to aggrivated with me and I hope I've placed this in the right place. This one is for my artwork and I am welcome to any critism, except for ones that are clearly old pieces. I feel my stuff has greatly improved since I first started with my first drawing of Ed I did, which looked like crap to me. Heck I could draw Winry but not Ed. Well I hope you enjoy and please tell me what you think of my fanart.

Like I said on my profile, I want to become a mangaka, so this just one of my ways I'm trying to inprove my skills. I working really on getting bodies in porportion and everything else and coloring I'm still new on.

But enough is enough, hear are the first bunch of art.

The first three are really recent drawings done just today, the blue and red are drawn straight with colored pencils, mainly because I didn't have anything else to use. These were all pretty much rush jobs all three completed in ruffly two hours total.

Naivete
I say, Wateria. These drawings are very nice. You've got a few little problems with proportion here and there, but otherwise, it's wonderful. Especially the colouring. biggrin.gif

I'd like to see a drawing that isn't rushed. =D
Keep up the good work!~
Tombow
@wateria Those are very nice!! They are all very good, but I particularly like the latest One, Ed with golden hair one. Love those golden eyes!! ^^

Hope to see many more of your drawings here!
Please add more new posts with more drawings. ^^
PUKE
the only problem you seem to have is that you seem to make arms really thin compared to the rest of the body. however, there really isn't nothing else i can critique on. if you want to be a mangaka, try posting creations of your own rather than fanart (fanart really only proves that somebody can swipe styles really well*cough*me*cough*). that way we can really point out what you need to improve.

looking forward to seeing more (and possibly original) work from you.
wateria
[quote name='baKa-neKoh' date='Sep 14 2007, 12:40 AM' post='589435']
Thanks and I am working on porportions.

[quote name='Tombow' date='Sep 14 2007, 01:26 AM' post='589439']
Thanks and I will post more soon.

[quote name='PUKE' date='Sep 14 2007, 06:26 AM' post='589493']
Thanks and I am working on porportions like I told Baka-nekoh, as for my original stuff, I'll see if I can post some or please come to my Tokyopop profile to see some of them.
PUKE
tokyopop, heh.. if you really want to be a mangaka, then you're going to have to go to better places than tokyopop. Barely anybody there knows how to give thoughtful advice and seems to only know how to patronize. At your skill, I would suggest going to a place like deviantart or minitokyo. I know, I know. Those sites are barely any better than tokyopop, but the number of intelligent people is slightly higher there.

There are a lot of people that want to be mangakas (i used to want to be one as well. But if you are serious for art, then it would be a good idea to start lurking around art sites. They certainly allow you to mature as an artist and then over time you will decide what you want to do with your art. (:

For future reference, when you are able to get a really good grip on proportions and feel that you have gained a high artistic level (in other words, if you feel very brave) , try conceptart.org. That is probably one of the best sites to go to for people who are SERIOUS about art. That site has truly dedicated artists, but if you are not ready for hard critique. that place has become really famous for making the self-proclaimed art master snapesnogger curl into a ball and cry due to the critiques the members gave her. actually, that girl really just can't take critique, the members there were simply being honest and since she is so full of herself, snogger took the critiques as personal attacks. /: I suggest to lurk BEFORE submitting art anywhere. That way you can see if the people there are capable of helping you or if they are simply patronizing you.
wateria
QUOTE(PUKE @ Sep 16 2007, 07:21 PM) *
tokyopop, heh.. if you really want to be a mangaka, then you're going to have to go to better places than tokyopop. Barely anybody there knows how to give thoughtful advice and seems to only know how to patronize. At your skill, I would suggest going to a place like deviantart or minitokyo. I know, I know. Those sites are barely any better than tokyopop, but the number of intelligent people is slightly higher there.

There are a lot of people that want to be mangakas (i used to want to be one as well. But if you are serious for art, then it would be a good idea to start lurking around art sites. They certainly allow you to mature as an artist and then over time you will decide what you want to do with your art. (:

For future reference, when you are able to get a really good grip on proportions and feel that you have gained a high artistic level (in other words, if you feel very brave) , try conceptart.org. That is probably one of the best sites to go to for people who are SERIOUS about art. That site has truly dedicated artists, but if you are not ready for hard critique. that place has become really famous for making the self-proclaimed art master snapesnogger curl into a ball and cry due to the critiques the members gave her. actually, that girl really just can't take critique, the members there were simply being honest and since she is so full of herself, snogger took the critiques as personal attacks. /: I suggest to lurk BEFORE submitting art anywhere. That way you can see if the people there are capable of helping you or if they are simply patronizing you.

I'll look into the sites later on. I know I'm no where near ready to try those types of sites just yet. Also I've only been really developing my stuff for three years, and I've only been working on learning how to color them recently. So once I get more confindent in my art then I'll look into posting on those sites. Tokyopop was my first site I signed up on, and at the time I didn't know a lot of locations to post stuff.
wateria
I got a new pic done!!!

This is one of Alphonse I did on fabric straight out with markers. We did it to make quiltblocks for a festival we had to go to today. I turned in my other blocks but kept him. I had one of Ed, but I had to turn him in with the others. The headlady wanted him for a different quilt she was making. Well anyway here's Al.
edo little kid
wooooooooooooow laugh.gif

really good job!!!! smile.gif

I love your pics
wub.gif
wateria
QUOTE(edo little kid @ Oct 6 2007, 05:23 PM) *
wooooooooooooow laugh.gif

really good job!!!! smile.gif

I love your pics
wub.gif

Thank You!!!!!!!
wateria
Thanks!!!!!!!

Here are some more of mine!!

These are my first times using photoshop, I've only just started learning it two days ago.

The first one is of Ed!!

The other is of my original characters: Tiben and Marina.
PUKE
lol you double posted.

btw are you working with a mouse? that outline is not working..
wateria
QUOTE(PUKE @ Oct 12 2007, 11:55 AM) *
lol you double posted.

btw are you working with a mouse? that outline is not working..

I drew it with a sharpie and then scanned it. There isn't much you can do with that kind of tool. Also I was coloring this with my mom's labtop using the touch pad. I didn't have much control there.
Artixte
wow, thats very good!
edo little kid
really very good job!!!
PUKE
wow, a laptop touchpad? working with a mouse on photoshop is bad, but touchpads are absolute hell to work with in photoshop.
wateria
QUOTE(PUKE @ Oct 12 2007, 05:26 PM) *
wow, a laptop touchpad? working with a mouse on photoshop is bad, but touchpads are absolute hell to work with in photoshop.

Tell me about it.sleep.gif

I have another pic just completed the same way.
wateria
Well, heres' some more pics since I haven't posted in a while. I think my skills have really improved since these past few drawings and I'm working with a graphics tablet now as well. Here are a few for you.

Two of them were really recent, the pinup Ed with the towel & the the soft colored one of Ed. The others were drawn before School let out a few weeks ago. One drawn on paper with pencil and the other in Manga Studio which isn't that great with coloring. The first two were drawn with opencanvas which I really like. All three computer generated ones were drawn with the tablet.

Tell me what you think!! wink.gif
Inkble
Hawt abs!!! thumbup.gif
You've gone through quite the style change, haven't you? It looks great!
Those look really good, although the pencil work is my favorite. I think it shows the best shading and mastery over your drawings.
Way to go!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.