Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Love Hina
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Manga > Let's discuss your fav manga series here!
Animeluva13
hey ive red all the Love hina volumes(vols 1 - 14) who else has?

(Source: MangaFox)

Years of Released: 1998
Author: Akamatsu Ken
Artist: Akamatsu Ken
Genre: Comedy, Ecchi, Harem, Romance, Shounen

Summary
Keitaro has had great difficulty getting into the university of his choice and no luck in meeting women. In a desperate effort to go into seclusion and study for his entrance exams, he decides to ask to stay in his grandmother's hotel. His plans are ruined when he discovers that the "hotel" is actually an all-girls dormitory ... and some serious distractions ensue.

Note: The series Love Hina has been categorized as 'mature', therefore may contain intense violence, blood/gore, sexual content and/or strong language that may not be appropriate for underage viewers.

(Source: wiki, Love Hina)
Love Hina (ラブ ひな) is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Ken Akamatsu. It was originally serialized in Weekly Shōnen Magazine by Kodansha from October 21, 1998 to October 31, 2001 and was published in 14 tankōbon volumes by Kodansha. The series tells the story of Keitaro Urashima and his attempts to find the girl with whom he made a childhood promise to enter the Tokyo University. The manga was licensed for an English language release in North America and the United Kingdom by Tokyopop, in Australia by Madman Entertainment, in Poland by Waneko and in Singapore by Chuang Yi. Two novelizations of Love Hina, written by two anime series screenwriters, were also released in Japan by Kodansha. Both novels were later released in North America and the United Kingdom by Tokyopop.

The series has proved extremely popular around the world, both commercially and critically. In Japan, the manga sold over 6 million copies; over 1 million anime DVDs were also sold. The English release of the manga has been reprinted many times. Both anime and manga have received numerous industry awards in Japan and North America, as well as praise from critics.

--

The 123 chapters of Love Hina were originally serialized in Weekly Shōnen Magazine, beginning in the issue dated October 21 1998, running weekly until its conclusion in the October 31 2001 issue. These chapters were collected and published in 14 tankōbon volumes by Kodansha, in a slightly changed format of 118 numbered chapters, together with a 2 chapter epilogue. The first 11 volumes sold over 6 million copies in Japan. The series was later released in a partially colored format known as the "Iro Hina version" (literally "Color Hina version") at an increased price.

The series was licensed for an English language release in North America and the United Kingdom by Tokyopop, which released the 14 volumes between May 7, 2002 and September 16, 2003. The English release was one of Tokyopop's first releases in the "Authentic Manga" lineup of titles using the Japanese right to left reading style. In doing so the artwork remained unchanged from the original. The series has appeared consistently in Tokyopop's top five selling manga and has been reprinted several times.[26] In August 2009, it was revealed that Tokyopop's license had been left to expire by Kodansha and would not be renewed.

The series is also licensed for an English language release in Singapore by Chuang Yi and for regional language releases in France and Québec by Pika Édition, in Spain by Glénat, in Singapore by Chuang Yi, in Brazil by Editora JBC, in Mexico by Grupo Editorial Vid, in Poland by Waneko, in Greece by Compupress, in Germany in German, in Norway by Schibsted Forlag and in Sweden and Denmark by Egmont Manga & Anime.

Kodansha had also published a bilingual (English and Japanese) edition under the Kodansha Bilingual Comics label, with English texts translated by Giles Murray. Eight volumes were produced under the bilingual format but were removed from sale after the series was licensed by Tokyopop..

RoyxRiza BigFan
its sho good and sho romantic in the manga!!! >O< i love the part where haruka proposes to Seta san FINALLY!!! that part was besto desu!!!! laugh.gif

and keitaro gets a striptease suprise during his wedding @W@

Besto part is Haruka and Seta proposal with sarah helping them! >O< SWEETO!

SETA X HARUKA FOREVER! OWO
Animeluva13
yah wen Haruka proposed to Seta that was romantic... on the island of Para sumting(forgot how to spell it tongue.gif) .

Hey wot do u think was the best volume in the manga???
Mine was the first 1 only for the part where he gets caught in the hot spring by Naru and then gets chased all over the appartment. tongue.gif

keis and narus was fun tongue.gif
Kihaku
Well, I've read all except vol 7 (I'm waiting to get it from the library... really they get all of them, but leave a few out from between..) so I suppose that counts...
Anyway I suppose I'd better go and borrow them again, because I can hardly remember many individual happenings. I don't know what the best volume is either. I probably couldn't decide anyway. I liked the last one since it wrapped things up, but it was kind of sad that it ended, oh well. Hmm.. no sepcial favourite chracters either... weird. The manga was hilarious all through. I remember reading it in the train and suddenly getting great urges to laugh... a little embarrassing especially because I wasn't travelling with anyone I knew.
dywlrud
It was okay.................

i mean the main character was too clumsy. He falls and flip a girl's skirt and those other craps...........

Well first time it was funny but later on it got pretty lame..... rolleyes.gif
xrninja
yeah seta x haruka! laugh.gif yup, i've read all of them. that's my favorite pairing and then keitaro x naru, of course. my least favorite character was shinobu but she got really pretty and less irritating in the last volume so i dislike her less now. su is awesome!

and the manga art is so much better than the anime art, in my opinion.
Kihaku
SetaXHaruka! That's the best pairing definitely!
I don't care for KeitaroXNaru... didn't really fancy either of the characters and it annoyed me that Keitaro had so many girls after him. Too many possibilities, but then again what could I expect?
Now KeitaroXMotoko would've been interesting.
Senefen
I read them all, they were good at first then they got bad, they didnt make much sence anymore and the eichi factor went up about 400%. It was an ok series overall.
Xio Xian
i've borrowed a few from animeluva13, so i've read a few of them but all out of order and it was still pretty good

who is your favorite love hina character?

i like su and shinobu
Biggs
I read 1-8. Aciddentally bought 11 and 12.... Give me 9 and 10 now!
>=(
I like the manga better. More stuff happens and stuff.
Animeluva13
ya i know wot u mean like when Keitaro just goes into the bath then gets chased out by Naru (Vol 1) he runs into Kitsune and then Shinobu. But that doesn't happen in the anime(which really disappointed me)Me personally i like mangas more(but if you read the mangas first you get less of wot u expected.
Ninie
I'm reading the manga, not finished yet happy.gif Never got the chance to see the anime.
RoyxRiza BigFan
seta and haruka's wedding was so much cooler than kei and naru's striptease wedding >W<

well got striptease dum dum dum de dum.. I believe in miracles >W<

seta's wife passed away.....>___<
Gashole
Nice artwork, but in my opinion not so original. It reminded me of Ranma (for all the nude/bath scenes) and Oh My Goddess (for Su and the way one guy is suddenly surrounded by many girls). I also think it's kind of forced the way the main guy (forgot his name, as I never remember names) gets to see all of the girls naked. rolleyes.gif

But Sarah is very adorable, though whenever I saw her I kept wondering how she got to speak fluent Japanese. And isn't she Seta's son? Then how come she has English last name and is Seta divorced or what? huh.gif
Nips
Mm... I picked up the first volume today, since you guys all liked the manga so much better than the anime... And it's kinda sad that I'm just... amazed at how little fanservice there is in the beginning. *laughs*

I'm getting too used to so much stuff like that in my manga. xD
white dragon knight
Ive read all volumes and it is one of the best mangaseries I have read so far. It is much better than the anime, especially the last 4 volumes are great.

OT: They recenty started airing the new animeseries Negima based on the manga from Ken Akamatsu and I love it.
mongooseboi
i read all the love hina manga after i watched the anime, and the manga was DEFINETLY a lot better.

OT: assuming the same for ken's second work, i just bought 50 dollars of negima manga and im waiting for xrninja's friend to give it to me so i can read them :]
Ishbal~Alchemist
I'VE READ LOVE HINA!!!!!!! XDDDDDDD and I luuuuv it..... so does my sister; I just hand her any manga that I like and she automatically likes it too. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.