Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: D. Gray Man
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime > Let's discuss your fav anime series here!
Kari_Neko
D.Gray-Man (ディー・グレイマン Dī Gureiman?) directed by Osamu Nabeshima and produced by Dentsu, TMS Entertainment, Aniplex and TV Tokyo. TMS Entertainment produced the animation and Aniplex was responsible for the music production. The episodes began airing on October 3, 2006 in Japan on TV Tokyo. The first season of the anime, known as the "1st stage", aired for 51 episodes, finishing its run on September 25, 2007. The second season, known as the "2nd stage", began airing on October 2, 2007, and finished its run on September 30, 2008, lasting 52 episodes giving a total of 103 episodes over both seasons.
(Source - Wiki)

Plot Summary: Allen Walker, a young man with a cursed eye, lives to destroy a weapon known as Akuma. These weapons created by the Milleneum Earl are sent out by his command to purge the world from humans. Allen Walker uses an anti-akuma weapon, Innocence, to counter the Earl's attempts at destroying humanity. He travels to the Black Order by his mentor's directions. There he meets with others who also fight against the Milleneum Earl's plans. But more questions start to appear as Allen and his friends move further along to reach their goal. And these questions that seem to connect to Allen's past.

Genres: action, adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, horror, supernatural
Themes: developing powers, historical
Episodes: 103
Age Rating: Teen
(Source - ANN)

------------------------

It's an awesome anime that I love to watch!
Innocent-malice
Yay Kari-chan Im not the only one that watches it. I do prefer the manga alot more but apparently its in its final arc...Though If I heard right the anime is going to be 51 episodes.
Kari_Neko
^^ yeah I'm also not the only one!Sweet 51 episodes!I can't get the manga so I have to wait for the anime to come online.
uc0nnh00ps
I love D. Gray Man. Who wouldn't like anything that relates to ghosts and exorcists. I hate what happens to Allen though.
Kari_Neko
0_0 what happened to Allen?!
Nekokitty
D.Grayman's anime is ok, I guess but I prefer the manga.
I heard there may be a second season coming out.
Kari_Neko
A SECOND SEASON!? SWEET! I need to find an online manga for it now ^^
Innocent-malice
Allen? whats wrong with Allen?

unless you mean the whole ordeal with mana and how he tried to bring him back wait does that even have to be wrapped in spoiler tags?
Kari_Neko
I dunno.Gotta find somewhere to read the manga though...
IamSloth
I'm pretty sure there's going to be way more than 51 episodes! I just watched the sub of 50 and they don't even know about Noah's Arc yet! There were way to many fillers!! The manga is sooooo much better!

And what are you talking about that happened to allen? Cuz a lot of things happen to him.
Kari_Neko
that's it NOW i really need to read the manga dry.gif
Blitz
Manga > Anime

Hopefully The Togaochi Arc will start soon. It was frickin' kickass in the manga.
Kari_Neko
COOL! the next time I get to go to a manga store (which will be like next summer since these crazy european people don't know what manga is T^T) I am getting alot of D.Gray Man manga ^^
MasterKris
QUOTE(Blitz @ Sep 30 2007, 05:49 PM) *
Manga > Anime

Hopefully The Togaochi Arc will start soon. It was frickin' kickass in the manga.

*nods* So true so true...

I'm very disappointed with the anime on many things such as FILLERS, character development, OP & ED and just how they deal with it all and how sometimes it really dissolves all the excitment out. Manga is clearly better no surprise it happens all the time; even though DGM anime is getting back to the manga story the fillers just done it. I expect DGM to be never the same again. AND FOR CRYING OUT LOUD SHOW ALLEN THE WAY HE'S SUPPOSE TO LOOK!!
Kari_Neko
does Allen look different in the anime then the manga?
Edamame
I gave up watching the D.Grey-Man anime after watching twelve rather painful episodes. Supposedly I am not missing a ton, seeing as the anime is packed full of "highly entertaining" plot fillers. (Hmm, will the plot fillers obtain the infamy of Naruto fillers?) From the episodes I did see, I was rather disappointed with the overall style of animation; the character designs just looked really shoddy to me. I really enjoy reading the manga series, so needless to say, I am not overly pleased to hear that the anime has been loaded with rather pointless fillers and poor character development. I apologize if it seems as though I am bashing the series, but I just think that it could have been so much better.

MasterKris: Allen's design in the anime bugged me to no end. The manga started out with such an unique style of artwork, that has clearly changed and evolved over the chapters/volumes. I really wish that the animators could have captured the manga-ka's unique style in the anime.
Hanae Mai
I totally agree with Eda-chan. The artstyle in the manga is far better than the anime. Not just Allen, but other chars as well, especially Kanda and Lenalee. Their faces are rounder, their hair is nicer and their eyes are way more lively. The anime disappoints me, really. I watch it just for the action scenes.

And...you know...manga!Allen is way cuter!! He looks like Ed
Dickens
I've started watching the anime, I'm about 30 episodes in, and if theres a filler episode- you can tell about 2 minutes in lol- then i skip it. I love the plot, and the characters, but after reading that the manga was better I'm going to check it out.

My favourite character is Lavi tho smile.gif
Nzm
I've heard some good about that. Nice steampunkish atmosphere (one of those thing I like also about FMA). Seems interesting
Red Shrimp
Watched the anime till the end, and even re-watched it for a couple of times or more.

Kind of disappointing that they had to end the part right after they killed Level 4. But I'm glad that they followed the plot in the manga.
Akira Mikk
I haven't seen all of the anime yet (only at episode 97) but so far it has been a HUGE dissapointment the manga was so good I acctully spent money to buy it however the anime dosen't do it much justice, and If you have ever seen the dubbed version that is even worse! They made the person who plays the Millenium Earl a Texian and no offence to anyone but his voice should have been more playful with a hint of pure evil not make him sound like a buisness man! (Again I mean no offence to anyone nor do I mean to sterotype) But anyway it is really good to read. My favourite charaters would have to be Allen, Miranda, Tyki and Road.
Aribelle
Ooh, I loathe the DGM dub. They did a HORRIBLE job casting it...and they completely miscast Kanda. COMPLETELY. I mean...HOW did they think that was a good idea? HOW?! DX

I don't mind the anime...there are parts that I thought were good, but I agree, the manga is better.
Akira Mikk
QUOTE (Aribelle @ Nov 18 2009, 05:26 PM) *
Ooh, I loathe the DGM dub. They did a HORRIBLE job casting it...and they completely miscast Kanda. COMPLETELY. I mean...HOW did they think that was a good idea? HOW?! DX

I don't mind the anime...there are parts that I thought were good, but I agree, the manga is better.

The Amusing thing is that Kanda in the dub is played by the same person who does Roy Mustang, when I first heard his voice I had laugh it was soo funny.
I.Love.Ed
I love the songs from D Gray Man!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.