Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lucky Star
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime > Let's discuss your fav anime series here!
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Fushi
Lucky Star(らき☆すた Raki☆Suta?) produced by Kyoto Animation, aired between April 8, 2007, and September 16, 2007, containing twenty-four episodes.[11] The director was changed after episode four from Yutaka Yamamoto to Yasuhiro Takemoto.
(Source - Wiki)

Plot Summary: Portrays the lives of several school girls attending a Japanese high school with a very loose humor tone. The main heroine is Konata Izumi, an athletic and intelligent girl who, despite these attributes, is not in a sports club, and her grades remain low. Her laziness at school is due to her love for anime and video games, and she is not interested in much else.

Directed by Yutaka Yamamoto (1–4), Yasuhiro Takemoto (5–24)
Genres: comedy, slice of life
Themes: growing up, moe, otaku, parody, school, troublesome teens, twins
Episodes: 24
Age Rating: Teen
(Source - ANN)

-----------------

I meant to make a thread about LS long ago. XD Heh heh.

Well, if you don't know LS by now, you need to get out from that rock you're under. It's taking anime by storm. Love it or hate it, Lucky Star is what it is.

I've watched up to 14. I'm very behind right now. X3; I have 15 and 16 on my laptop, but have yet to watch them, what with all that's going on right now. I can't torrent the others eps because I currently can't hook up my laptop to internet.

Btw, can somone tell me which epsiode THIS screenshot is from?

o.o
Popogeejo
Didn't see it in 18 so I'm guessing it'll crop up in 19.

I can't torrent the others eps because I currently can't hook up my laptop to internet.

Do you have a memory stick? Just download it at work and take it home that way.

Series is okay but it's bogged down by to many Haruhi references (this coming from a big Haruhi fanboy) and strange pacing.
I'll keep downloading it but i can't see me re-watching it.

Tsukasa is love though.
Little Washu
It's pretty good, but just watching the amazing theme song makes my legs hurt. I could never dance like that for a minuet and 30 seconds. I'm not sure of all the characters names though, I never really got a chance to watch a full episode cause I can't find a good site to watch them on .__.
Fushi
I don't want to torrent it at work. O.o I'm afraid of getting my boss in trouble (I use her account to get online, summer students aren't actually supposed to have internet)

Yeah, the Haruhi referrences are my only gripe about the show. It's funny now and then but too often and it starts to reek of milking off another franchise.

I could never dance like that for a minuet and 30 seconds.

Technically they're not dancing that long because they're not dancing the whole way through. They dance at the beginning, then they go into their own individual bits, then they stand around talking, the screen goes to other characters (NOT dancing), then they do a little cheer routine, screen goes to the sky, day and night, and then they have one more little scene of dancung that actually just consists of hand gestures and jumping. Finally one of them takes off all her clothes.

I don't even know if you can consider it dancing. It doesn't look like rigorous dancing either, just kinda fast paced, It's all really a bunch of poses with movement. You're not even doing much with your feet.

Now the HARE HARE YUKAI dance.....That's a different matter.

You could always check veoh for it. I don't know if it'd be there for sure tho.
Little Washu
You're right, not much of a dance. More like a cheer routine or, as my brother thought it was, a way to workout and lose calories. He doesn't get anime. Compared to the Kodocha opening(which is a dance because everybody's doing the same thing) it's a lot harder to do. They just move really fast. At least I think so.

I saw episode 1 on Youtube a little while ago (I finished it about 2 minuets ago actually) and I had to watch it in parts, which was really annoying. Does anyone know a place to watch all of it, not in like, episode one part 1, part 2 and part 3? I hear some site called 'crunchy roll' or something like that is good.
Nekokitty
I've been meaning to watch the rest of this series but I keep putting it off.
Though I really like the opening and I could listen to it all day. XD

Tris the Reaper
Seen the first two episodes and loved it. I'll definately be watching more.

Akira and Konata are the best things evarrr.
__Gir
There was an ep. with FMA? I'm only on episode 10 or 11.
Fushi
QUOTE(Tris the Reaper @ Aug 21 2007, 02:13 PM) *
Akira and Konata are the best things evarrr.

Agreed. <3 I wanna know why Shiraishi has so many fangirls yet I don't see enough Akira fans. Shiraishi's funny cause he's a gag all in himself (who's he played by? Minoru Shiraishi! Who's performing the endings during the second half of the series? As far as I've seen, the REAL Minoru Shiraishi! And then there's the Matsuri, or as I like to call it, Shiraishi mix on the Motteke! Sailor Fuku remix CD.) but he wouldn't be funny if it weren't for Akira, and I find she outshines him significantly.

QUOTE(__Gir @ Aug 21 2007, 02:25 PM) *
There was an ep. with FMA? I'm only on episode 10 or 11.

As Popo speculated, it's probably ep 19.

I knew it would pop up sooner or later tho. They have references and parodies of so many series - Haruhi, FMP, Keroro, Kanon (or was that an Air reference?), Initial D, Yuugiou....even a Pretty Cure referrence! (and I'm probably one of the few who caught it in episode 6.) FMA was bound to show up eventually.

I want that Al keychain. ph34r.gif

LS is one of the only anime I've seen, btw, that had girls talking about their periods. And so realistically too.
Razzy
I love this anime! I just finished watching episode 3. The theme song keeps getting stuck in my head. XD
Popogeejo
Watch the comiket episode. There's an Al cosplayer.

The show needs to get rid of Miyuki. Tsukasa out moe's her and Kagami and Konata out funny her.
Fushi
QUOTE(Popogeejo @ Aug 21 2007, 03:10 PM) *

The show needs to get rid of Miyuki. Tsukasa out moe's her and Kagami and Konata out funny her.

WAS THERE!? O_O I watched that one twice and missed that. o_o; Armor Al or movie Al?

And I agree on Miyuki. She's kinda just there as the perfect one. But after a while I think that's just her role: to be there and do nothing else.
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Fushigi Rockna @ Aug 21 2007, 10:17 PM) *
WAS THERE!? O_O I watched that one twice and missed that. o_o; Armor Al or movie Al?

lol, I forgot you can't see imageshack thumbnails. It's armour al. When you can watch episode 12 and keep an eye out when Tsukasa is lost at the con.
Little Washu
QUOTE(Popogeejo @ Aug 21 2007, 02:10 PM) *

Armor Al, Haruhi Suzumiya, Sgt. Frog, Haruko in a bunny suit, that anime has everything doesn't it? Which one is Miyuki? Is that Tsukasa's older sister?
Fushi
QUOTE(Popogeejo @ Aug 21 2007, 03:19 PM) *
QUOTE(Fushigi Rockna @ Aug 21 2007, 10:17 PM) *

lol, I forgot you can't see imageshack thumbnails. It's armour al. When you can watch episode 12 and keep an eye out when Tsukasa is lost at the con.

Oh, you posted a picture? XD; Doh, I don't even see a red x. The internet at work is so retarded. X3;;;

Which one is Miyuki? Is that Tsukasa's older sister?

The useless one with long pink hair and glasses.

Tsukasa's twin sister is Kagami. (they do have older sisters in the show tho...but I've never caught their names)
Little Washu
QUOTE(Fushigi Rockna @ Aug 21 2007, 02:28 PM) *
Which one is Miyuki? Is that Tsukasa's older sister?

The useless one with long pink hair and glasses.

Ohhh, the meganekko. She's the one with the 'special eating habits' if I remember correctly.
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Little Washu @ Aug 21 2007, 10:27 PM) *
]
Armor Al, Haruhi Suzumiya, Sgt. Frog, Haruko in a bunny suit, that anime has everything doesn't it? Which one is Miyuki? Is that Tsukasa's older sister?

That's not Haruko, it's Mikuru. Also Robin from One piece, a random Maid and some guy from Gundam.
I'm such a weeaboo.
Fushi
I never noticed Robin before. O: Which ep is that? Also comiket? I believe I remember the Gundum guy. One in a uniform from Seed right?

Oh yeah, and how could we forget the timeless street fighter reference that made the first episode worth it? I also recall a reference to both Dragon Quest/Warrior and Wedding Peach in their dialogue.
Little Washu
QUOTE(Fushigi Rockna @ Aug 21 2007, 02:41 PM) *
I never noticed Robin before. O: Which ep is that? Also comiket? I believe I remember the Gundum guy. One in a uniform from Seed right?

I dunno. Here's Popogeejo's image but in another file type:
Popogeejo
Washu, that's not a different file type, it's still a .jpg.
Fushi's work blocks image hosting sites.

Which ep is that? Also comiket?

Ep 12. Comiket is the big daddy of anime cons in Japan. Think Otakon with 500,00+ attendees (over a quarter of which aren't guys ohmy.gif).
Little Washu
Washu, that's not a different file type, it's still a .jpg.
Fushi's work blocks image hosting sites.

Oh, sorry about that then.

Isn't comiket the place for Doujinshi(I think those are the fan made ones) artists to display/sell their work? Or is it just another convention?

I've only seen episode 1 in parts on Youtube, so I'm unsure as to when the Ed/Roy/Al thing you were all talking about happens. But Popogeejo is usually right with this kinda stuff so it probably is 19.
Fushi
QUOTE(Popogeejo @ Aug 21 2007, 04:00 PM) *
Ep 12. Comiket is the big daddy of anime cons in Japan. Think Otakon with 500,00+ attendees (over a quarter of which aren't guys ohmy.gif).

Oh hell yeah. o3o I'd be overwhelmed there.

The Nurse Witch Komugi-chan episode about it was on par with the Lucky Star one tho =D There was more crazy fans and more "turning the entire convention center into a giant freakin' mech then do a gatchaman parody and a tentacle scene"
Tris the Reaper
QUOTE(Little Washu @ Aug 21 2007, 05:07 PM) *
Isn't comiket the place for Doujinshi(I think those are the fan made ones) artists to display/sell their work? Or is it just another convention?

Comiket also sells original games, such as the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni PC games.

The more you know! *shot* I need to stop lurking
Fushi
QUOTE(Tris the Reaper @ Aug 21 2007, 04:16 PM) *
QUOTE(Little Washu @ Aug 21 2007, 05:07 PM) *

Comiket also sells original games, such as the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni PC games.

The more you know! *shot* I need to stop lurking

It's a doujin haven. 83

I'd like to go there to get some doujinshi. >.> Animethon had some but no FMA none I wanted....

Anyways, LUCKY STAR.

Did ya guys know that in September they're releasing character singles? =3
Little Washu
What are character singles? *shot*
Tris the Reaper
QUOTE(Little Washu @ Aug 21 2007, 05:23 PM) *
What are character singles? *shot*

A CD containing a song sung by a single character. A good example are the Haruhi Suzumiya character singles of Hare Hare Yukai -- there are singles from Haruhi, Mikuru, and Yuki, but also minor characters as well singing the ED.
Little Washu
Ah, I see. Like these?:
List of Lucky Star character song albums

Does anyone know when and if there are going to be any DVDs released?
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Little Washu @ Aug 21 2007, 11:28 PM) *
Does anyone know when and if there are going to be any DVDs released?

Depends if it gets licensed. Bandai will probably pick it up. They got Haruhi after all.
Fushi
QUOTE(Little Washu @ Aug 21 2007, 04:28 PM) *

Yes, those exactly.

I'm an unbelievable fan of character singles, so I will be downloading getting all of them.
Little Washu
Do you think you could buy them in a store like F.Y.E perhaps? (It's like Media Play, a big anime section)
Tris the Reaper
I'd imagine that the anime would need to be licensed first, and have some of the DVDs released. Unless the store carries imported CDs.
Little Washu
I'm unsure whether it carries imports or not, as far as CDs go I mean. I've never really checked. I know there are imported video games .__.

From what I've read, I take it 20 episodes have premiered? And the most recent one was "Ways for spending a summer".

I remember reading the manga to this a while(pretty long ago) in a NewType magazine. Konata was playing a video game or something. The style is very recognizable.
Fushi
*can finally see the image*

DOH. I can't believe I didn't notice that when I was watching the episode! He's so glaringly right there! o_o;
Carnal Malefactor

This is your brain

This is your brain on Lucky Star

...any questions?
Little Washu
^...... huh.gif I don't get it.

Anyway, back to Lucky Star.

There was also apparently a few video games released. I think for Playstation 2 and the Nintendo DS. I'm unsure if they are planning on releasing them in America/Europe/Ect.
Fushi
QUOTE(Carnal Malefactor @ Aug 21 2007, 08:11 PM) *
[snip]
This is your brain

[snip]
This is your brain on Lucky Star

...any questions?

HELL YES BABY. >=D

Although, how is an egg related to our brains? :E
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Fushigi Rockna @ Aug 22 2007, 04:47 AM) *

It's a drug thing.
This is your brain;
[egg]
This is your brain after looking at someone who once considered smoking pot;
[smashed egg]
Fushi
QUOTE(Popogeejo @ Aug 21 2007, 10:03 PM) *
QUOTE(Fushigi Rockna @ Aug 22 2007, 04:47 AM) *

It's a drug thing.
This is your brain;
[egg]
This is your brain after looking at someone who once considered smoking pot;
[smashed egg]

Ohhhhhhhh, I see now. o3o
Little Washu
Aw geez. Today I showed my friends the opening and they said "Hey! Let's do this for Tora-con!" So now I'm going to be stuck as Konata(at least I have the best part) dancing around on stage in red sailor fuku. And, we have to sing the song too. T^T
Twilightz
Odoroki and Kyouya in LS ep 19 <3

QUOTE(Little Washu)
Aw geez. Today I showed my friends the opening and they said "Hey! Let's do this for Tora-con!" So now I'm going to be stuck as Konata(at least I have the best part) dancing around on stage in red sailor fuku. And, we have to sing the song too. T^T

I don't care about the dance, but the song is just awesomeness. biggrin.gif
Fushi
QUOTE(Little Washu @ Aug 22 2007, 01:21 AM) *

Be glad you didn't show them hare Hare Yukai instead.

Srsly. If you've never seen it, do a quick youtube search. Watch the 'full dance' version. And don't show it to your friends.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH? Odoroki and Kyouya now!? D: Damn you, work comp, I wanna see! T_T

Well, episode 20 is just out (and it will take a.f.k. a week to sub it). This leaves us with 4 episodes left. Count down time.

Anyone have any ideas on what you're expecting for the end?

I think that it....

a) it will end in a grad ceremony for the girls.
cool.gif Kagami will finally 'snap', causing massive bloodshed. (har, I wish)
c) the episode will end LIKE EVERY OTHER EPISODE because there is no way to make a true ending for this series without screwing it all up.
d) the last shot will be of the girls saying "Thanks for watching!" or some cute crap indicating it's over.
e) Lucky Channel will end in at leats one or all of the following: Akira receives news that Lucky Channel is 'cancelled', she murders Shiraishi and/or kills herself. Either of these is possible, and I think the first is a definite.
f) A MAIN CAST MEMBER WILL DIE. ZOMGWTFBBQ.
Twilightz
I'll guess d) or c), but hopefully a).

Here's for you, Fushi. You can see attachments, right? unsure.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Ep 19 is frickin' hilarious. :'D
Fushi
Attachments are a-go-go! Thank you Twlightz! =D

Oh, I thought by Kyouya you meant Kyouya from Ouran. XD I love the Odoroki tho. <3

Those Roy and Ed cosplayers are so cute, I wanna raep 'em. ph34r.gif
Little Washu
QUOTE(Fushigi Rockna @ Aug 22 2007, 09:55 AM) *

Srsly. If you've never seen it, do a quick youtube search. Watch the 'full dance' version. And don't show it to your friends.

Isn't that the song/dance from The Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya? I think I saw that last night. Either way, I need to find red sailor fuku.
Fushi
QUOTE(Little Washu @ Aug 22 2007, 12:55 PM) *
QUOTE(Fushigi Rockna @ Aug 22 2007, 09:55 AM) *

Isn't that the song/dance from The Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya? I think I saw that last night. Either way, I need to find red sailor fuku.

Yes. It's the ending for Haruhi.

Speaking of dancing....with the crappy pop music they play here in the office, I am unable to stop watching my Akria avatar. She moves so in tune to the music! XD

Btw, I find it so rad that a thread I made got to 3 pages in its first day. Go me. <3
Little Washu
^Yes, go you ^^.

I remember reading the manga to this about a year ago. Kagami,(I think that's her name) was talking about something, and Konata picked up, I think it was a present/gift, and said :"Something like this perhaps?" And then Kagami started freaking out. And then Konata said something and started playing a video game. I can't seem to find the NewType issue with it though.

Speaking of dancing....with the crappy pop music they play here in the office, I am unable to stop watching my Akria avatar. She moves so in tune to the music! XD

The ninja's on my signature are sorta like that too.
Carnal Malefactor
Can someone explain why they're always doing cutaways with the girls talking about how something stinks? o_O

I'm up to 17 now. This one is hilarious. Especially the 24 parody and Konata saying her talent is being able to name every Pokemon laugh.gif
Little Washu
QUOTE(Carnal Malefactor @ Aug 23 2007, 10:56 AM) *
Can someone explain why they're always doing cutaways with the girls talking about how something stinks? o_O

I'd tell you, but I'm unsure myself .__.U

I finally found the magazine thing with them in it. Apparently, I read the Lucky Star manga 2 years ago. It was Kagami giving a boy cookies, and them some slightly romantic stuff, then Konata said: "Something like that mayhaps?" And apparently, she was imagining it all. The manga style is really pretty! I'll scan the comic when my scanner is fixed. Each chapter is a four-panel comic.

Oh, and to answer the dbate on whether there are/will be DVDs released, there are DVDs released in Japan. There are 2 I think. If it's anything like Negima! which has 26 episodes, there should be about 5 or 6 DVDs. But that all depends on how many episodes are distributed on each volume.
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Little Washu @ Aug 23 2007, 10:24 PM) *
Oh, and to answer the debate on whether there are/will be DVDs released, there are DVDs released in Japan. There are 2 I think. If it's anything like Negima! which has 26 episodes, there should be about 5 or 6 DVDs. But that all depends on how many episodes are distributed on each volume.

Japanese DVD's don't mean American DVD's. It all depends on if it gets licensed. It has about 50,000 downloads per episode from A.F.K fansubs alone so it's very likely that someone one will pick up the rights for an American dub.
Fushi
The hard part would be dubbing alot of the Japanese referrences. >.>
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.