Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Complete Theory Of Alchemy
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1)
Pages: 1, 2
Shrimpusmaximus
Alchemy, it is the science of rearranging matter from one form to another, but because it is a science the laws of nature still apply. One cannot gain something without a sacrifice of equivalent value.

That aside the true nature of alchemy is accurately described by the opening statement. There are several fundamental laws that must be obeyed. In addition to the laws there are rules that though they can be broken are for the most part written in stone. There are three or so basic laws.

The Law Of Energy
-This law states that no matter what there must be balance and nothing ever happens without a price. Energy for Alchemy comes from human souls. Even the most basic transmutation burns the energy of a soul to achieve the effect.

The Law of the Gate
-Within every human being is a link to the nether called the gate. The gate can swing two ways. First it can open into a person and the souls of the dead can flow through them providing energy for alchemy. Second the gate can open from the person to the nether, this occurs on death, upon the severing of the soul and the body, and in certain other circumstances. When the gate opens into the nether it takes something from the person.
- Every human has a limit to how much energy they can draw through the gate. This determines the strength of the alchemist. In all circumstances this energy limit is less than that of one whole soul. If the energy limit is surpassed the gate swings first into the person granting them energy, beyond their limit and access to the minds of all who have ever died, then it swings back into the nether and balances out the energy. Depending on the circumstances a person may lose part of his body or may be pulled beyond the gate in entirety.

The Law of Control
- Energy brought through the gate has no purpose until it is given one. Through an array the energy may be commanded to perform a task. The array acts as a pattern to focus the mind into certain pathways, and depending on the nature of the array in question it allows for the transmution of one or many substances. However the actual control comes from the human mind. It controls the transmutation and a persons free will can be used to influece the outcome of the transmutation.
- If one has been gifted with supernatural or gate granted knowledge doesnn't need an array and can by creating a circle with their limbs transmute to their will with the circulated power.

Onto the rules, they are more guess work and less certainty and also the characters of the show are less bound by them.

The Rule of Human Transmutation
-Every human has a soul and thus attmpts to transmute the human body as a whole require more energy than any one human has by the second law. Transmuting of pieces of the human body are within possibility depending on the transmuter.
- As long as there is the same quantity of human life at the end of the reaction as there is at the begining there is no problem. For this reason chimeras don't impinge, normally, on the ruel.

The Rule of the Philosophers Stone
-Human lives can be obtained from the world around as well as through the gate. Utilizing lives already in the world to power a transmutation doesn't cause the gate to open wider than a person can handle and thus removes the limits from a persons transmutation up to the quantity of power stored in the stone.
- Until a critical mass of the stone is assembled the stone changing it from a stew of souls to an ordered matrix power drawn from the stone is chaotic and limited. Delicate operations like binding a soul to a living and souled body are impossible. Creation of a human from nothing is similarly impossible.

The rule of Homunculus (this one I'm dancing on a tin roof)
- A failed human transmutation that holds enough life to continue its existance is a homunculus. A mind and body bound together they have no soul. By drawing souls into themselves from an outside source they can slowly alter their bodies.
- Homunculi once mature can alter themselves with whatever shadow of the soul their creator sacrificed. They however have no gate to open and thus need energy externally to fuel their actions.

I have pages more thoughts but they are no longer coming out. So feel free to state why you think my theory is horribly wrong and I will either point out how you failed to understand/read what I wrote, or I will fill in the hole with more writing. Even if I have made mistakes I feel that I am tip toeing around the edge here. Its THE Full Metal unified universal continuity in alchemy theory. FMUUCAT!!!!!
Beowulf
Interesting read. Pretty plausible too, good job.
odoridan
Very nice. I think you should have held off your theory until the end of 51 because I think it will break any theory right now. There are lots of gaps to fill in and you did nicely but they will surely explain things a bit more in 51 since Ed will no doubt have some after-life voyage.

What happens to all those body parts that get sucked into the gate when someone performs human transmutation? Why are they taken by the gate? Your theory is lacking there.

edit: Hrm, I think I read in a another post about your theory that the gate swings outward at first and then inward during human transmutation. That would explain the body parts being taken if it were some sort of backdraft. But still, what happens to those parts? Are they used up as fuel for alchemy? Hohenheim says Al could theoretically get his back so that would suggest the parts are not used as fuel for alchemy. Although maybe Hohenheim wasn't 100% certain since he was reasining through equivalent trade which he didn't know yet that it is crap.

Why did Wrath get Ed's parts and not, say, Al's or Izumi's or Scar's brother's. Maybe it just happend that way?

Some other question that may be a bit off topic about the gate:

My question is what are all those eyes and hands in the gate? In particular, what is that giant eye? We are shown that Wrath was one of those "eyes" when he took Ed's arm and leg. So I would have to assume that those eyes are not human souls waiting to be consumed by alchemy.

Another edit:
Homunculi once mature can alter themselves with whatever shadow of the soul their creator sacrificed.

Meh? I don't understand this. huh.gif
Queen of the dammed
Hey! This a theory that I can actualy grasp! Good job! biggrin.gif
Prinz_Zoisit
i find it always very strange that alchemists are talking about a "soul"...
this "soul" is like "energy"(like light->no atoms)which is produced when gamma-rays are emitted from a radioactive atom, or what?
Japanda
I dunno, I'm just throwing out ideas here.
Since Ed's world knows about "old" religion...I'm guessing that the religions that must have passed through the gate through other people....

Say if it were our religions that we have today in this world...

Maybe it kinda goes something like this:

Ed's world |<--gate{Purgatory}gate-->| Our world

In most religions that believe in Heaven and Hell, purgatory is that place in between. Maybe the shadowed figures behind the gate are souls in purgatorty. They desperately try to grab peices of people so they can live again, which would be heaven for them, rather than losing their souls forever because of alchemy, hence eternal death: hell.

But it seems wierd if you really think about it...is our world then supposedly made because it has to be used by the other world? We don't have alchemy so what do we get when the gate swings our way?

Wait....reading my theory doesn't make sense now. The only ones that can pass through the gate are homunculus right? And there's only seven of them? Hmm...eh.....
Virtue
Spoiler: (Click here to Display)

Just a thoery, I doubt they will reveal anything new in the final episode sadly >__<
Senefen
i find it always very strange that alchemists are talking about a "soul"...
this "soul" is like "energy"(like light->no atoms)which is produced when gamma-rays are emitted from a radioactive atom, or what?

Gamma Rays are produced when an atom has excess energy or is unstable because on an imbalance of protons and neutrons. Theoreticaly it it possible to produce them by giving an atom more energy. Just as giving electrons more energy causes them to just shells and release light when they return to their original shells (this is how fireworks work).

The "soul" used to power alchemy - the soul is needed for a controlled reaction. Just as you need heat to turn fuel and O2 into CO2 and H2O. Because atoms will generaly stay as they are unless affectred by an outside force the soul is used as an outsidse force to make them change shape, state, form and properties. Thus a "soul" from the gate is used the same way as heat, light or energy to control a chemical reaction.

^^ nice theorys, they seem to all work pretty well.
Socom
QUOTE(Virtue @ Sep 29 2004, 01:13 AM)

Just a thoery, I doubt they will reveal anything new in the final episode sadly >__<

Course not. Why should they make an ending that makes sense? tongue.gif
Chibi Viki
btw, guys... just a reminder, notice the spoiler tag on the menu when you add in a reply? next time that you'll type in a spoiler, please use the spoiler tag instead of yellow text. thanks!

Shrimpusmaximus
The thing about homunculi is there is one big big fault in their execution. I love the anime and however good a job the manga is doing I am convinced that thing is doing just as good or better. However without father the mark of Ouroburos is a hole. Wrath had the mark before he ate the red stone. However the series is leaning toward the idea of the mark being the manifestation of the creatures sin. A seal that degenerates them into their sin. Until this is sorted out there can't be a complete theory on the homunculi.
EditDeath
Perhaps the ouroburos is a representation of their dormant sin until the red stone activates that sin? Which means that Dante found a way to make the sin all consuming through the full activation of the ouroburos. Makes you wonder how she knew how to do that, though. There a former sin we don't know about?
Shrimpusmaximus
Well Dante names the sins which is pretty good evidence that they are her 'pets'. It makes sense that she would inscribe them with a means of control. The puncture marks and the tattoo. However alchemy is older than dante and that means more homunculi, did they have an ouroburos? Did they ever eat the red stone?. I can't believe that there can onlybe seven and I can't believe that the 'universe' gives them the tattoo, cause thats kinda odd.

I don't believe the homunculi are sinful at all until they eat the stone and remember the gate. Before that they are odd but innocent creatures, no worse than any human. Eating the stone does provide a personality shift so there is eviednce that that might manifest the ouroburos mark, however wrath had one before that. So I think the best course is denial. I think that the mark on wrath doesn't exist prior to the red stone...... Yes thats it.....
odoridan
QUOTE(Shrimpusmaximus @ Sep 29 2004, 06:25 PM)
Well Dante names the sins which is pretty good evidence that they are her 'pets'.  It makes sense that she would inscribe them with a means of control.  The puncture marks and the tattoo.  However alchemy is older than dante and that means more homunculi, did they have an ouroburos?  Did they ever eat the red stone?.  I can't believe that there can onlybe seven and I can't believe that the 'universe' gives them the tattoo, cause thats kinda odd.

I don't believe the homunculi are sinful at all until they eat the stone and remember the gate.  Before that they are odd but innocent creatures, no worse than any human.  Eating the stone does provide a personality shift so there is eviednce that that might manifest the ouroburos mark, however wrath had one before that.  So I think the best course is denial.  I think that the mark on wrath doesn't exist prior to the red stone...... Yes thats it.....

I think we can work around the Wrath problem because he is special. He has human limbs which allow him to do alchemy.

When Wrath was created, he looked like an abomination like every other homonculus. I assume that once he got the limbs, he could use the power of alchemy to complete his form. Just like other homonculus use red stones to complete their form. So, I think the tattoo may just be part of the final form and the red stones corrupt them. (Perhaps even through the tattoo?)

So my explanation implies that the universe gives them the tattoo and you say it's odd but, that might just be the nature of the homonculus.

I think the fact that there can only be seven homonculus directly contradicts Dante naming them and they will never be able to fix that blunder. That's probably the shows biggest plot hole. Oh, I think it could be patched up with a crazy theory but it would be guaranteed to be lame so why bother.
Shrimpusmaximus
Well the thing is that I can accept that the universe gives them the tattoo, but the function it seems to serve for Dante feels way too specific. I acknowledge that wrath is special and I won't use him as further evidence but.... Man that is just too strange.

I know that there can be more than 7 homunculi. dante just doen't have them in retinue and no one else has a backlog of the red stone to feed them.
Chow
Alchemy appear to be already well develope 400 years ago in FMA world, but the phliosphere's stone (and red stone) may be first develope/discover by Danta and Ed's dad.

If that is true than all previous homunculi are very different from the homunculi we seen today, they are only abomination, and never "upgrade" themselves for red stone are artificial and they dont exist yet. They are likely with little to no intelligent at all.

During the era of witch hunting in our world, it is possible same happen in FMA world, and all homunculi exist perior probably been destory by human when they lable them as monsters. Without the power of the red stone, they probably with little power as some wild animal, or even weaker.

Which sort of explain why no homunculi except the 7 of Dante's, as to other homunculis that appear in the 400 years which Danta didnt pick up, probably were killed by angry mob also? Besides, the 7 homunculi we seen now may not the the only 7 Danta ever pick up, there could be more Danta pick up earlier, but killed for reasons from unloyal (sort of like lust?) to too annoying ( sort of like warth?) or simply die in action (sort of like sloth?)....
Chow
A little more add on:

Warth's mark could be explain as inscribe by his mother before he died when he was still a baby.
The Flame Alchemist LuckyANBU
lol i wish i could be able to argue a point but... i have none lol i can't think THAT much about it (not healthy) lol

hey kid that had the name socom do u play socom 2 online? if so send me a friends invite my name is
{^~=Lucky=~^}

So send one
I think theres more than 7 since when greed met sloth/lust/gluttony on teh island lust said something about gluttony being the "orginal" so i guess that ocne the homunculi die they bascially are replaced when dante finds/creates a new one
Kodachrome
QUOTE(Shrimpusmaximus @ Sep 29 2004, 04:55 PM)
The thing about homunculi is there is one big big fault in their execution.  I love the anime and however good a job the manga is doing I am convinced that thing is doing just as good or better.  However without father the mark of Ouroburos is a hole.  Wrath had the mark before he ate the red stone.   However the series is leaning toward the idea of the mark being the manifestation of the creatures sin.  A seal that degenerates them into their sin.  Until this is sorted out there can't be a complete theory on the homunculi.

The manga is doing a much better job than the anime when it comes to making sense.
Shiroi
I think too much. Just saw episode 50 today and came up with an analysis of my own. I like some of your points, and they overlap with things I thought about. Here's just my view on the whole gate thing. (It's long and spoilery ^^; )

Again, I think too much. X_x; As for the homunculi, there couldn't have been many people who actually attempted human transmutation, but there had to be some in order to make it forbidden. I think all other homunculi were killed, and Dante was the first to come up with the red stone idea. I think she named the ones under her control, but they were born with the tatoo as a symbol of not being exactly human.

Sorry for the length of my post!
QUOTE(Shiroi @ Oct 1 2004, 07:11 PM)
In this case, both Al's body and soul should have been taken since the energy to create life had to come from somewhere, and the reason the transmutation failed was because Ed didn't allow Al's soul to be taken.  It would appear that of all people who attempted human transmutation, Al had the strongest will power, wanting to give up that much.  I think will power is tied in directly with the ability to access the gate.

there is fault:

the failure of the transmutation of their mom takes place before even Ed tranmute Al's soul to that armor.

the human transmutation didn't fail coz of Al's soul being fix to armor.

it already failed before then.
Shrimpusmaximus
I am currently refusing to view the manga until the Anime finishes. All comments about comparative continuity fall on deaf ears and I don't think that it is particularly productive anyway. No matter how concise or well planned the manga is they are no longer sharing a bed. I might as well point out how clever and tightly wound the plotting of Full metal Panic was as compared to alchemist because they share 50% of a title (which I would never do for any show with an improbability drive).

Shiroi, nice post alot of good ideas there the thought of death and the soul being separate doesn't fly in my head though. The soul itself is used to fuel transmutations. Like a bundle of fatwood it is burned to generate the energy needed to change the shape of the object in question. A twist on your theory would be that there is a mote of the soul that leaps from the fire preserving the essense, while drained of its substance. But this feels naive. Listening to envy speak on the Pstone makes me think that the people not their deaths are contained wholesale in the stone.

I think the gate is a one way trip from ours to their with rare exceptions. Our souls power their alchemy.

The Pstone definitely doesn't break equivalent trade.
gugclo
Wow someone was bored o.O
Shrimpusmaximus
who me, cause yes I was, but not with FMA.
gugclo
Im super bored so i decided to do some spell checking

Alchemy, it is the science of rearranging matter from one form to another, but because it is a science the laws of nature still apply. One cannot gain something without a sacrifice of equivalent value.

The opening statement accurately describes that aside the true nature of alchemy. There are several fundamental laws that must be obeyed. In addition to the laws there are rules that though they can be broken are for the most part written in stone. There are three or so basic laws.

The Law Of Energy
This law states that no matter what there must be balance and nothing ever happens without a price. Energy for Alchemy comes from human souls. Even the most basic transmutation burns the energy of a soul to achieve the effect.

The Law of the Gate
Within every human being is a link to the nether called the gate. The gate can swing two ways. First it can open into a person and the souls of the dead can flow through them providing energy for alchemy. Second the gate can open from the person to the nether, this occurs on death, upon the severing of the soul and the body, and in certain other circumstances. When the gate opens into the nether it takes something from the person.
Every human has a limit to how much energy he or she can draw through the gate. This determines the strength of the alchemist. In all circumstances this energy limit is less than that of one whole soul. If the energy limit is surpassed the gate swings first into the person granting them energy, beyond their limit and access to the minds of all who have ever died, then it swings back into the nether and balances out the energy. Depending on the circumstances a person may lose part of his body or may be pulled beyond the gate in entirety.

The Law of Control
Energy brought through the gate has no purpose until it is given one. Through an array the energy may be commanded to perform a task. The array acts as a pattern to focus the mind into certain pathways, and depending on the nature of the array in question it allows for the transmutation of one or many substances. However the actual control comes from the human mind. It controls the transmutation and a personís free will can be used to influence the outcome of the transmutation.
If one has been gifted with supernatural or gate granted knowledge doesnít need an array and can by creating a circle with their limbs transmute to their will with the circulated power.

Onto the rules, they are more guesswork and less certainty and also the characters of the show are less bound by them.

The Rule of Human Transmutation
Every human has a soul and thus attempts to transmute the human body as a whole require more energy than any one human has by the second law. Transmuting of pieces of the human body is within possibility depending on the transmuter.
As long as there is the same quantity of human life at the end of the reaction as there is at the beginning there is no problem. For this reason chimeras don't impinge, normally, on the rule.

The Rule of the Philosophers Stone
Human lives can be obtained from the world around as well as through the gate. Utilizing lives already in the world to power a transmutation doesn't cause the gate to open wider than a person can handle and thus removes the limits from a personís transmutation up to the quantity of power stored in the stone.
Until a critical mass of the stone is assembled the stone changing it from a stew of souls to an ordered matrix power drawn from the stone is chaotic and limited. Delicate operations like binding a soul to a living and soiled body are impossible. Creation of a human from nothing is similarly impossible.

The rule of Homunculus
A failed human transmutation that holds enough life to continue its existence is a homunculus. A mind and body bound together they have no soul. By drawing souls into themselves from an outside source they can slowly alter their bodies.
Homunculi once mature can alter themselves with whatever shadow of the soul their creator sacrificed. They however have no gate to open and thus need energy externally to fuel their actions.
Shrimpusmaximus
thank you
I'm touched
Edward.Elric
Ok, Ill let you people debate over this one, What Alchemy Truly Is.
Gashole
A pseudoscience in the Middle Ages of transmuting the more worthless metals into gold. It is said Philosopher's Stone is the main ingredient that can do that, but no one ever found it. (Hey, is this the same Harry Potter's Philosopher's Stone? biggrin.gif) Eventually it leads to chemistry, though some alchemists remain faithful to the original study.
Shinigami
Alchemy was just basic chemisty that everybody though was magic in the olden days because it couldn't be explained. Eg gunpowder or something simlar exploded they would be like WOW.
Quistis88
I also see Alchemy as the basic foundation for modern-day chemistry. biggrin.gif
Momo
I think it partly was the base of modern chemistry; but the other part was about transmuting worthless metal into gold with the Philosopher's Stone (like Gashole said) but to reach eternal life with it (P'sS), too.
<- looks like one part was real research and all and the other part was just like an impossible dream (isn't there a word like 'utopie' oder 'utopia' or so?) or something like that...
coldasice
Alchemy... The ancient science of chemistry.. Yea, they believe that the philosopher's stone can turn any metal into gold, and produce the elixir of life. One alchemist named Nicholas Flamel (Yea, the same as the one in Harry Potter book) claimed that he has made the philosopher's stone. Of course, no one believe him, and in the end, Flamel died. However, he died in wealth...

Maybe I'll consider making another rambling on the history of alchemy..
Gashole
Now that I know what the Philosopher's Stone is, I may want to reread Harry Potter. biggrin.gif

Too bad in the U.S. they changed it to the Sorcerer's Stone. Why is that?
Quistis88
I'm surprised at the amount of people who don't even know who Nicholas Flamel is. You mention him, and they say, "You mean the one from Harry Potter?" But they get all surprised when you tell them that the Harry Potter books are not where he's FROM, but rather, the books just make note of him.

And then you get bombarded with: "WHAT!? He's REAL? Does that mean Harry Potter is REAL!?"

People are nuts nowadays.
Gashole
I didn't even remember Nicholas Flamel was in the book. laugh.gif
Sometimes I wonder why I even bother to read a book when I know I'm just going to forget everything within months (oh, heck, 2 weeks).

I hope those people who think Harry Potter is real are kids. Otherwise the United States has a problem.
Quistis88
They were pre-teens . . . at least 10+. Some were around 13-15. Sad, eh?
Jenius
Flamel was very poor and ended up becoming extremely rich (from in his books he said he had created gold from mercury or something) it is a mystery how he became so rich, and also, he lived till 117 or somewhere around that which was extremely old in those days (most people died at 60) so maybe he managed to stay alive much longer than his usual death time because of the elixer he created and then his soul rotted away and he eventually died (like in fma tongue.gif ).
Full Metal Kayato
I heard that there was this thing called the Elixier which I think is a different version of the Philosopher's Stone. The Elixier was hypothesised to be made by crystallizing Urine dry.gif ... It was said that the crystallizing of urine can change silver into gold. When they did that...there was a glow of the Urine which excited them that it would be the elixier, yet sadly, it didn't work....so yeah...just imagine with the Xenotime episodes in episodes 11 and 12 (Gravel Earth Part I and II) that instead of the red liquid...it'd be urine....the substitute of the Philosopher's Stone.....so a whole stream of urine...everyone would get sick from that even more than the poison of the red water....
Senefen
[quote]Hey, is this the same Harry Potter's Philosopher's Stone?[/quote] Ha ha, yep Ling (in the manga) is after the elixer of life like Voldy was.

[/quote]The Elixier was hypothesised to be made by crystallizing Urine[/quote]
You get phosphrus from urine which glows and is the main ingredient in matches. The guy who invented matches never told anyone how he did it and made oodles of money because they were pretty easy to make.

Alchemy: the science of transmuting matter from one for to another biggrin.gif. Alchemy was when they believed everything was made up of four elements (none of which are elements so to speak ^^) earth, wind, fire and water. It became chemistry when they discovered that the elements were actualy carbon, oxygen, hydrogen etc. The age of protons, neutrons and electrons.
midevilchemistrygeek
[FONT=Courier][SIZE=1][COLOR=red]I think alchemy is a way of explaining the unexplainable way back then, dry.gif but does anyone kno were can study it. Like a web site or something?
Hakura
http://www.levity.com/alchemy/home.html
This is a very good site on Alchemy, I like it a lot ^^ Did you all know that back in 1980 I believe a man actually transmuted lead into Gold ^^ it was only a very little bit but it was done =)

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/conten...?recordid=57426 <-- read about that here ^^
Gashole
QUOTE(midevilchemistrygeek @ Nov 4 2004, 02:45 PM)
does anyone kno were  can  study it. Like a web site or something?

Don't bother, it's only a pseudoscience. That's like studying astrology or fortune-telling or something. I like learning about it, though. Magic just fascinates me. cool.gif
lunatik
Hi,
I think that the "Alchemy" which constist in "obtaining gold from ordinary metal" is now known as "Cold Fusion", since Pons and Fleischmann
announced that they "transmuted" Deuterium[D](stable isotope of hydrogen[H]) into Tritium[T](radioactiv isotope of H) without the need of "big" power like Nuclear Fusion with Uranium235(exemple huh.gif ) (fission to break nucleon then fusion ..)
Now lots of "scientists" are on this since years by their own (i mean no help from governments...).
The main aim of Cold-Fusion for the moment is to get Tritium from that Deuterium without Thermonuclear Reactions dry.gif ...
Nobody believe it but i "heard" that parts of the army(don't know which one ^^) were studying this now (not sure at all !!)
It could take years and years (centuries!!) before we could do something like that and use it to make energy or what... i personally think that it can be possible.

by the way i've just watched the last episode of fma ... it's so sad sad.gif

(i'm not english so i'm sorry if i"ve made some mistakes !!!)
True FMA
Read my sig...I've got the definition.
jessin
QUOTE(Gashole @ Oct 26 2004, 07:37 AM)
It is said Philosopher's Stone is the main ingredient that can do that, but no one ever found it. (Hey, is this the same Harry Potter's Philosopher's Stone? biggrin.gif)

yes! It is the same philosopher's stone! And the legend of the philosopher's stone is quite faithfully reproduced in that book. The stone could make anything turn to gold and make a magic youth elixir.

And, THe Nicolas Flamel DID supposedly create the stone! Nicolas Flamel was a real alchemist in England in the 16th century. He supposedly found a way to create the stone, because there was one day when he just up and vanished. He donated all of this suspicious gold (he wasn't a very wealthy man to begin with) and then he and his wife disappeared. People for over 200 years after that claimed to see him walking around in various places, and in the 1800s in France there was a person who claimed to be Flamel, to swindle people out of their money. (He was selling 'magic' elixir.)

The "science" is really quite fascinating!
pheonixXII
I think they came to a good conclusion
hitokiri
QUOTE(Hakura @ Nov 5 2004, 05:30 AM)
http://www.levity.com/alchemy/home.html
This is a very good site on Alchemy, I like it a lot ^^  Did you all know that back in 1980 I believe a man actually transmuted lead into Gold ^^ it was only a very little bit but it was done =)

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/conten...?recordid=57426 <-- read about that here ^^

yeah i knew about this but if i remember correctly other than the fact that it costs too much to be effective i think i read somewhere that another problem that was encountered that the gold would have be radioactive, due to the process, in larger amounts that is
The Full Metal
My hatred sitedbzm98@hotmail.com

I just started getting into all of this but what people talk about in Full Metal Alchemist have the same basic concept of real alchemy.
Rin Daemoko
There are two generally accepted forms of alchemy. There is the ever-familiar external alchemy which deals with literally turning lead into gold, and such. Then there is internal alchemy which is the transmutation of the lead-self into the gold of spiritual awakening, or Enlightenment.

Alchemy also did not just exist in the West, as many here seem to think. It was also present in China. The goal of many Taoists is/was to attain immortality. Those who practiced external alchemy looked to the injestion of poisonous materials in order to preserve their bodies - they fatally drank mercury.

Those Taoists who practiced internal alchemy came up with qi-gong, and tai chi. The emphasis of internal alchemy was the use of breath, the life force, or chi, to attain immortality.

There is a copy of Arthur Waite's alchemical book at my University's library which I have been meaning to take a look at. Is anyone here familiar enough with quantum physics to viably fuse alchemy and QT? In alchemy, one breaks down existing forms to rebuild them. I'm sure with quantum physics, one could skip the breaking down of existing matter, and just create new matter from pure energy (which there is an abundance of in the Universe).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.