Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oasis
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Music
Slashrose1010
So I've recently gotten very into this band. They have a lot of great songs, whether it's acoustic or electric. I think Liam has a very nice, abrasive voice and fits the music well. Their songs are pretty simple, but well written smile.gif Anyone else a fan of this band?
foolmetal alchemist
As much as I love Liam's voice, I can't help but like the songs that Noel sings on even more. "The Importance of Being Idle", "Don't Look Back in Anger", and "Acquiesce" became a few of my favorite songs only because of Noel's vocals. Liam was a good part of the band, and he did write a few of Oasis's better songs, but Noel was the real core of the band with all that he contributed. Now that Oasis is pretty much over, it would be great to see Noel doing some more solo work.
Slashrose1010
I agree that Noel does have a very nice voice as well. I love Don't Look Back in Anger smile.gif I also know he's pretty much the main creative force behind the music. I think if they did come completely to an end, it would be nice to hear him do some solo work, maybe even with some guest vocals and such from his brother.
seventh_sky
They have that song...Wonderwall?

Only song of theirs I've heard that I remember, unfortunately, but I did like it XD
Slashrose1010
QUOTE(seventh_sky @ Aug 10 2007, 07:37 PM) *
They have that song...Wonderwall?

Only song of theirs I've heard that I remember, unfortunately, but I did like it XD

You're missing out on a lot, then. I'd suggest getting some of their albums. Wonderwall was a mediocre song, and gets olde fairly fast. Plus it's overplayed and overrated. Try Rockin' Chair, Don't Look Back In Anger, Slide Away, Stand By Me and Morning Glory. Good songs they be, all of which are much better than Wonderwall, imo.
seventh_sky
I'll have to add them on my radio station...

speaking of which, about 10 minutes after I posted, Pandora played Gas Panic.

it usually never plays Oasis...
Chiyo
'Recently', bloody hell Oasis have been around since the great era of Brit Pop in the early 90's. Anyway its certainly their older works that I prefer, and even though they were at war with Blur, Oasis are still going and Blur have vanished with their last albums making little impact.

Album wise, 'Whats The Story (Morning Glory)' is one of the best to go for although 'Standing on the Shoulders of Giants' has some catchy tracks as well.
Slashrose1010
Ugh, from what I've heard, Blur sounds like crap compared to Oasis. I don't get why a lot of people prefer them over Oasis. I actually didn't like their first one or two albums that much, save a few songs, but I'd consider them decent.

And yes recently. They're not popular over here much, so I've never been pushed to listen to them. I decided to give their disco a shot recently though because I really liked some of the songs I already had like Supersonic and Don't Look Back In Anger.
foolmetal alchemist
QUOTE(Chiyo @ Aug 21 2007, 05:04 AM) *
'Recently', bloody hell Oasis have been around since the great era of Brit Pop in the early 90's. Anyway its certainly their older works that I prefer, and even though they were at war with Blur, Oasis are still going and Blur have vanished with their last albums making little impact.

The Gallaghers have said stupid things about tons of artists when they shouldn't have, but Blur deserved it. They were garbage. tongue.gif But older works? ohmy.gif In my opinion, Don't Believe The Truth and Heathen Chemistry combined can't stand even close to Definitely Maybe.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.