Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vol. 17 (chapters 66, 67, 68, 69)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Allashandra
~ Volume 17 Cover Art Is Revealed. ~

This volume covers chapters 66, 67, 68, & 69, and out on Aug. 11, 2007 in Japan!!
Sensenic
Gray!

It's the first time the color isn't a different shade of red, blue, green, yellow or purple... but grey. For the first time, the "steel" kanji has the right color. XD

Now, who'll be on the side I wonder...? Armstrong? Armstrong? or maybe Armstrong? tongue.gif

Thx for the pic. happy.gif

EDIT: Ooops, I wrote both 'grey' and 'gray' and, not remembering which one was the right one I searched for it... And found out both are correct. I'll leave it as such, then happy.gifU

EDIT2: Ookay, I noticed now the steel kanji has always been grey... >.<
And the chosen color is actually white. D'oh!

Well, it's still diferent. And grey still quite predominant. tongue.gif
Edamame
I definetly prefer this cover jacket to volume 16 which made me think of a generic shonen manga cover. The grey colours make me think of winter which is perfect for the current Briggs Mountain setting. I kind of like how Armstrong literally pops out at because she is the only character with some semblance of colour on her. For some odd reason the cover makes me think of film noir...
Amethyst Sunset
Ooh, someone's lookin' hot. XDDDDDDD I like how Olivia Armstrong stands out on this cover. And she might also be on the side, who knows...unless there are still other characters deserving of the side, which I'm sure there are, judging from the sheer number of characters in FMA...

Yes, the cover is very reminiscent of Briggs. Very apropos.
Tombow
Oh!! Thanks, Allashandra!! happy.gif
It's about time the Northern bunch will make it to the cover!! ^^
I agree with Edamame. I think the gray color suites Briggs' winterly sky.
Ditto on having the spotlight on Armstrong with the color scheme.
And, I like this one much better than the cover for the last volume also!!

Now I wonder who is on the Spine.. ^^
AA battery
*cheers for Olivier cover* \^o^/
everything
oh, woaaaaw, i like it.
i just always thought of Miles' hair as read xD
(he kinda looks like Renji from Bleach o___O)
and i wonder who's on the side... maybe Kimbley?
(he hasn't been on the sde yet, does he? xD)
TheRainbowConnection
She looks amazingly regal, doesn't she?

And even though it's padded, that chair looks awfully uncomfortable.
Chiisana
Woooooo~ Nice one. But I wonder why the cover of manga starts getting darker and darker *-*
The random alchemist
QUOTE(Chiisana @ Jul 26 2007, 10:30 AM) *
Woooooo~ Nice one. But I wonder why the cover of manga starts getting darker and darker *-*

I figure it has something to do with the storyline becoming increasingly serious business

Now to my actual comment:
I approve of this cover smile.gif really thanks Allashandra for showing it to us. I really like the choice of characters and coloring on this one.
ehxhfdl14
QUOTE(Chiisana @ Jul 26 2007, 12:30 PM) *

Yes, it's probably due to the story getting darker itself. Personally, I love this cover, despite the darkness*^-^*
~!!Cheers for Olivier!!~ I love her character so...(Izumi and Olivier could conquer the world-together!)
And Miles- his hair color was a bit of a surprise. It's fitting, I suppose, but I thought of it as reddish, too O-O;;
Reta McClain
*_* I... love it. Olivier is cool and she definately makes herself look good on that cover (though we have Arakawa to thank for that...)

Oooh, about 10 months - if everything goes well - I have the Finnish edition of this in my bookcase tongue.gif
Sensenic
QUOTE(everything @ Jul 25 2007, 11:38 PM) *
i just always thought of Miles' hair as read xD
(he kinda looks like Renji from Bleach o___O)

QUOTE(ehxhfdl14 @ Jul 28 2007, 07:52 AM) *
And Miles- his hair color was a bit of a surprise. It's fitting, I suppose, but I thought of it as reddish, too O-O;;

In fact, his hair color had already appeared 4 months before, right when the 16th volume came out.
Here:

But it surprised me too anyway, because for some reason I "remembered" it to be blonde /(;n_n)
Precis
Oooh, it's very dark and dreary looking...
Icy cold colours, perfect for this part of the story.

Anyway, it's nice, but I wanna see Envy on the cover sometime :3
Meye
Oh, so there is the 17e.
You know, I've been reading the english version and they were starting to catch up with the japanese version, so it would take some time for the 17e, but as there already is a cover and stuff...
Chibi_Girl29
OLIVIA RULLEZZ
Saphira_Elric
The spine for 17 is lil ed. awww so cute. see on this site

http://groups.msn.com/FullMetalAlchemistV-2/fmamanga1.msnw
jayjay210
Sorry Saphira_Elric but it's not true. The character on the spine volume 17 is Olivia Armrstrong wink.gif

You can see this on the english site Mobuta , or my french site Shamballa Alchemist
I think the website you show is not updated, and after pictures of tomes 17 to 21 are not in colours wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.