Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime > Let's discuss your fav anime series here!
Pages: 1, 2
Tris the Reaper
I felt rather sorry for Takano. I still don't know if I outright like her or not though, though it's nice to see a villain that actually has a reason for what they do.

If it stays faithful to the gameS, then we should be starting - or still be in - Matsuribayashi-hen, so hopefully, we'll see them starting next week. I'm quite eager to see schoolgirl!Hanyuu, myself, outside of her place in the OP.
Carnal Malefactor
QUOTE(Popogeejo @ Oct 16 2007, 01:47 PM) *
POPO TAKES A MEME TO SERIOUSLY

I never go the killer lolis thing.
I know it lust came from a joke about not selling subs on Ebay ("If you try and sell these subs or auction on them the killer lolis will get you") but there are no killer lolis!
Not one person who's made a kill has been a loli and Rika and Satoko, the only actual lolis, have been good girls.

There are no killer lolis in my kiler loli animu!

WRONG AGAIN, SENSEI!

onoes! it looks like the rabbit hole runs deeper than we'd thought. Who's this new silver-haired broad?
Tris the Reaper
There was no sign of her in the most recent episode, so who knows. I get the feeling Takano's insane actions will stem from her, though.

Though on to episode 18. It's nice to see Rena and pals back, after nearly...four, five episodes? And Hanyuu materialized. Ho'crap.

LOL I'LL CHANGE MY NAME FROM REINA TO RENA. NO ONE WILL EVAR KNOW!!!11!1!
Popogeejo
Subs for 22 are out. Very fun episode with Shion gaining several epic points despite little sense being made.
Tris the Reaper
THIRD SEASON ANNOUNCED ZOMG

Honestly? I didn't see it coming. One must wonder what they'll cover...though there's still some side arcs, PS2 arcs, and Umineko to still do.
Carnal Malefactor
So uhm...
/Kai ends well for everyone except Takano, who still gets off relatively scot-free
...so why was adult!Rena so shellshocked back in episode 1? blink.gif
Tris the Reaper
Episode 1 was actually the ending of the final arc in season one [y'know, the one where Rena goes batcrap insane and holds the school hostage], just bumped to the start of the second season for some odd reason. I forget exactly why it was bumped there...</uselessknowledge>

Speaking of the final episode, I don't quite get it. Did Takano pull a Sailor Saturn and revert back to a baby and just grow up all over again? Or did history get altered? [But I'd think if that were possible, it'd defeat the entire purpose of trying to break through the June 1983 barrier...] Why did older!Rika remind me a heckuvalot of that one chick from Hell Girl? Did Takano get in the car wreck after all? WHY DIDN'T ANYONE EVER NOTICE HANYUU'S HORNS?

Maybe I need to investigate more. x_X
Carnal Malefactor
...maybe the first episode of the 3rd season will answer all those questions... XD
Popogeejo
From what I could tell Rika got sent back in time (temporarily or forever remains to be seen) and stopped Takano from finding out about the old scientist which prevents everything going wrong. Of course it also means no vaccine, no Akasaka and no means to save Satoshi (or whatever Satoko's brother is called).

...maybe the first episode of the 3rd season will answer all those questions... XD

Yeah, that announcement threw me.
Tris the Reaper
After prodding around the Oyashiro-sama community in LJ for a bit, general fan consensus seems to be that older!Rika is not actually Rika, rather, she's some chick named Frederica... blink.gif I think she's from Umineko? That's what I seemed to make of it...

Here's a very spoilerific LJ post about the speculations, and how the end of the last episode seems to be opening up for Saikoroshi-hen.

I should probably try to play the games now...
Tris the Reaper
ZOMG double post, Imma terrible soul

But this thought just came to mind. Any news as to what's going to become of the Higurashi DVDs? Geneon's pretty much defunct now, and I know they got up to at least volume 3 out in the US. I ask because I was searching for the DVDs today and had no such luck locating them [same for Xenosaga, but that's an entirely different thread/series/company].
LoMXD
Right now I'm on ep 17 of Kai. I love everything about This series XD
Nekokitty
QUOTE(Tris the Reaper @ Dec 29 2007, 01:33 PM) *
But this thought just came to mind. Any news as to what's going to become of the Higurashi DVDs? Geneon's pretty much defunct now, and I know they got up to at least volume 3 out in the US. I ask because I was searching for the DVDs today and had no such luck locating them [same for Xenosaga, but that's an entirely different thread/series/company].

I haven't heard anything yet. But I really hope ADV or something picks up Geneon's unfinished titles. I really want to own the rest of Higurashi. :<
But I feel lucky to have finally snagged the first three dvds before they disappeared.
Are there Fry's Electronics in your area? You might have better luck there finding the dvds in that store? =o
Tris the Reaper
QUOTE(Nekokitty @ Dec 30 2007, 12:39 AM) *
Are there Fry's Electronics in your area? You might have better luck there finding the dvds in that store? =o

Mm-mm. I found an FYE in the area I was at today, and not even they had anything [their entire anime section was lacking, as it were].
Nekokitty
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-...hology-magazine
Higurashi manga is now liscensed. Rejoice.
Little Washu
^That's great. Any idea when they'll start being released?
Popogeejo
It says in the article, Washu.
Tris the Reaper
QUOTE(Nekokitty @ Apr 19 2008, 01:19 PM) *
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-...hology-magazine
Higurashi manga is now liscensed. Rejoice.

Ah, yes yes. I read that yesterday and squealed.
Little Washu
QUOTE(Popogeejo @ Apr 20 2008, 04:59 PM) *
It says in the article, Washu.

Oops, sorry. Skimmed over that. Anyway, it also says Soul Eater and Bamboo Blade, so I'll have to get those too >w<.

Oh yeah, as discussed much earlier, did anyone finish off the series? I found volume 1-3(and that was no small feat) but I'm unable to locate 4+.
Tris the Reaper
QUOTE(Little Washu @ Apr 20 2008, 10:24 PM) *
Oh yeah, as discussed much earlier, did anyone finish off the series? I found volume 1-3(and that was no small feat) but I'm unable to locate 4+.

I've seen both seasons online in their entirety. I had the opportunity to buy volume 2 of the series yesterday [as it's freaking unavailable around here], but I declinded, since I'm stubborn and wanted volume 1 first.
Little Washu
QUOTE(Tris the Reaper @ Apr 20 2008, 09:07 PM) *
I've seen both seasons online in their entirety. I had the opportunity to buy volume 2 of the series yesterday [as it's freaking unavailable around here], but I declinded, since I'm stubborn and wanted volume 1 first.

We have volume 2 everywhere around here, and I found 3 at the F.Y.E. in the mall around here, then 1 the other day at the F.Y.E. Superstore. But that's it. I prefer to watch it dubbed. It seems that it's one of those anime that's not in high demand, since in every store, once you buy it they get no more copies.

Did they dub the whole series, or just up to volume 3? And if they didn't, if it does get picked up again, they'll probably change the VA's wont they?
Nekokitty
QUOTE(Little Washu @ Apr 20 2008, 09:18 PM) *
Did they dub the whole series, or just up to volume 3? And if they didn't, if it does get picked up again, they'll probably change the VA's wont they?

I remember somewhere, that Bang Zoom stated that they had finished dubbing for some of Geneon's unfinished series, Higurashi being one of them.
Little Washu
^8D

I hope they keep the same voices, though they probably wont.
asunder
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-...ei-video-series

the 3rd season is titled Higurashi no Naku Koroni Rei and is slated as an 'ova'?
The source is from moonphase's comments section.... so who knows how reliable the info is

edit: other info from the article:
The first live-action film adaptation opens on May 10, and a film sequel is already in the works.
Tris the Reaper
About time SOME info came out. Sheesh.

OVA? I'm supposing this means episode releases will be farther apart.
Popogeejo
Or it will be like Nekkowhatever or a 40/50 minute job.
2chan thinks it's going to be an epilogue to the last game.
Tris the Reaper
There's also an anime for Umineko in the works.

Been known for awhile, apparently, but I didn't find out 'til the other day. *lolslow*
Nekokitty
^ I didn't find out till the other day either.
But yeah, Umineko anime, do want.
I've been reading the manga for it and it's pretty good.

I would like to play the game for it as well, as the original Higurashi. But right now, I lack the resources. :<
asunder
the live action movie is (not surprisingly) being reviewed as awful.

Review: http://movie.maeda-y.com/movie/01107.htm Rating: 10 out of 100
Translated Engrish: http://translate.google.com/translate?u=ht...=en&ie=UTF8
Nekokitty
Funimation now has the distribution rights for Higurashi and a number of other Geneon titles.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-...t-geneon-titles
Tris the Reaper
OH MY GOD.

You don't know HOW happy that makes me...

Thank you for sharing that! *needs to check ANN more often*
Little Washu
Finally! I can finally finish the series. But the voices will be all different. That makes for a bad AMV D: Oh well.

At least it wasn't 4Kids...
Nekokitty
QUOTE(Little Washu @ Jul 4 2008, 07:36 PM) *
Finally! I can finally finish the series. But the voices will be all different. That makes for a bad AMV D: Oh well.

At least it wasn't 4Kids...

I'm pretty sure they'll be keeping the Bang Zoom dub.
Funimation's only doing the distribution.
Tris the Reaper
YES.

<3

That makes me a happy little clam.
Little Washu
Since no one's posted here in forever, and these have been released:

Higurashi Rei OP
Higurashi Rei ED

OP gets a 10/10. ED, not so much. Apparently is an OVA, which I believe is 5 episodes long.
Forgiven
I have watched both seasons and both are awesome. I can't wait till the third season comes out. But I'm not sure when. People said this June or July, but I can't find out for sure. Anybody know?
Little Washu
^Already out I believe. I've sen scenes from it. It's just not subbed. And it's not a third season, just an OVA/OAV.
fmaexpert
i was COMPLETELY confused when i was watching higurashi. but that was ONLY the first season. once you get into the second season, things start to clear up. in all honesty, only the first season of higurashi was extra gorey and violent. so once you pass the first season, everything else you can handle
Little Washu
^Well, the OVA scene where Rika gets hit by the truck and her face tore off is pretty bad. But, if gore is what you want, start watching Umineko. I'm on the last arc now, and it gets pretty bad, as far as violence goes.
Flamez_Freak
I watched the first 20 episodes of this show , and i have to admit . . Its awesome . . Have stalled it for the time being because of exams . . Can't wait to finish it as soon as possible . .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.