Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Code Geass: Lelouch Of The Rebellion
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime > Let's discuss your fav anime series here!
Pages: 1, 2
Nekokitty
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (コードギアス 反逆のルルーシュ Kōdo Giasu: Hangyaku no Rurūshu?), often referred to as simply Code Geass, is a Japanese anime series created by Sunrise, directed by Gorō Taniguchi, and written by Ichirō Ōkouchi, with original character designs by Clamp.
(Source - Wiki)

List of Characters

Has anyone seen this amazing series yet?
It's a mech series animated by Sunrise, character designs by CLAMP (Known for X, Cardcaptor Sakura, Chobits, etc).
It was recently announced that Bandai acquired the liscense and may try to get it on air on TV.

Basic plot.
QUOTE ( "wikipedia")
On August 10th, 2010, a.t.b., the Holy Empire of Britannia overpowered Japanese forces and conquered the country with their robotic weapons, the Knightmare Frames, in less than a month. Japan lost its freedom and rights and was renamed Area 11, and the Japanese people are renamed "Elevens" and forced to survive in ghettos, while Britannians live in first-class settlements. Rebel elements persist, however, as pockets of Japanese organizations struggle against the Empire for the independence of Japan.

After his father, the Emperor of Britannia, did nothing to pursue the terrorists who murdered his mother and crippled his sister, a young boy named Lelouch, vowed to destroy Britannia. Seven years later in Area 11, he encounters a mysterious girl who gives him the power of the Geass. With it, he finally has the power that he needs to defeat Britannia and fulfill his two wishes: to seek revenge for his mother and to construct a world in which his beloved sister can live happily.

Genres: action, drama, psychological, science fiction, supernatural
Themes: Alternate history, mecha, military, real robot
Episodes: 25
Age Rating: Older Teen
(Source - ANN)

Wiki link for more information

*waits for thread to die*
Blitz
If this thread dies, then people are seriously retarded.

This series is made of WIN. If you like Gundam SEED or Death Note, this is basically a mix of the two.

Don't be fooled by his weird getup. >:3
Nekokitty
Thank you. :3

Plus if your a fan of CLAMP's you'll love the designs as well.
Lelouch = Awesome Kamui "clone." <3
Tris the Reaper
This is one of those series I've heard a ton of praise about and have been meaning to watch.

Maybe if we're lucky, it'll air on Adult Swim...since it seems like AS material. I hope, I'd like to see it.

[I bump because I care. >> :D]
Molecular Alchemist
Code Geass is horrible. it ruined my life. Mainly bc it's soo addicting that im spending more time watching it than i am doing my hmwk biggrin.gif which reminds me...i need a few more epis.

I hate to see what the dub will sound like though...i hope to God it's not going to be as bad as the Bleach dub *cries*
Nekokitty
Why thank you, Tris. I hope it gets on TV as well, too.:3

@Molec: I agree with you there! I think Bandai will do a good job with Code Geass, they did good with Haruhi Suzumiya, as long as they don't cast Vic as Lelouch or anyone it should be good. But I don't think Bleach's dub is bad. D:
Blitz
@ Tris - According to ANN, BANDAI has signed a TV contract for Geass, so I wouldn't be surprised about it airing on Adult Swim.

@ Molec - You almost had me there. I was ready to write "But I thought you loved Geass!" then I read the rest of your post and I was like "Oh...." XD

@ Neko - I'm not worried about BANDAI doing it either. Like you said, they did a decent job with Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu.

I will definitely not regret buying the Geass DVDs. And now that I've got a steady income, I have no qualms about pissing away money. XD I'm getting rather excited about 2008. What with Ouran, Darker than BLACK, and Geass coming to America.

EDIT: Oh, I wonder if they'll keep in the Pizza Hut ads. XD

EDIT 2: I just found something VERY amusing:

Nekokitty
^Oh god. XD XD XD
I just remembered when someone on LJ had an icon of Ryuk with CC's hair. XD

@Blitz:Well, I can't wait for the Geass dvds. I won't regret buying them either.
Blitz
^ "Geass Note" made my day. XD

Oh, if you're a member of the LJ, have you seen the "Geass Mobile"? XD Cracked me up.

Ah, one last thing. I made myself a Geass LJ layout. Lookie~
Nekokitty
^ Is the one with Lelouch as Catman and Suzaku as his loyal sidekick? XD

I wish I could see your layout but LJ's blocked at my school. Woe. ;o;

I'm gonna make a Code Geass layout for my Gaia profile when I get home.
Blitz
^ Yup. Mazda.... XDDDD

Oh, just a heads up, the layout looks fine in FireFox but a little distorted in IE. Surprise, surprise! *sarcastic clap*

Some guy went to the Bandai booth at Otakon wearing a shirt that said "Pizza Hut, Support the rebellion!" XD The president of BANDAI saw him and said they'd try to work something out with Pizza Hut over here.

Post a link when you're done with your Gaia layout. :3

I'm so ready to watch eps. 24 & 25. Airs on July 28.
Edamame
We started watching this series at my anime club at University until we could no longer find episodes to download online. At first I was rather sceptical about the series, but after ten episodes I was hooked. I love how Lelouche is such a horibbly sadistic and psychotic person, yet you can't help loving his character. Blitz, I definetly agree that it is like a mixture between Gundam Wing and Death Note. Unfortunetly, a lot of my friends don't care for it, but I can always change that. More people need to be made aware of how great this show is! I can not wait for episodes 24 and 25!

Blitz: I love your LJ layout! It makes me happy inside. I wish my LJ looked that cool.happy.gif

NekoKitty: Looking forward to seeing your Gaia layout. (Wow, I remember when Gaia first started...)
Nekokitty
@Blitz: Well, I finally saw your LJ layout. It's beautiful! If only I knew how to make LJ headers that awesome. TwT

@Edamame: Thanks, well, I finished. Here's my new layout.
But really all I did was find that picture, save it and put it there. XD
Comment if you have one! XD And I agree with you about Lelouch. He's psychotic and sadistic, yet you can't help but love him. He's got charisma! XD

Blitz
^ Thankies~

Oh, nice background pic. Kallen, eh?

@ Edamame
- I said Gundam SEED but, meh. XD If you think about it:

Yuffie => Lacus
Kallen => Cagalli
Shirley => Fllay, but not as annoying.

In preparation for eps 24 and 25, I'm going to have a Geass marathon. :3
Edamame
NekoKitty: Nice Gaia layout! I like the music playing in the background as well. Gaia certainly is pretty technical now- kind of makes want to go back and create some horrible monstrasity of an avatar.

Blitz: Have fun with your Code Geass marathon. I can't wait until episodes 24 and 25 though...only four more days of waiting.
Nekokitty
Thanks both of you~.
Only four more days till 23 and 24. Can't wait. *_*

Edit:

Yay! Page 2! = D
Blitz
OMFG, today's the day it airs, or rather, it's probably already aired in Japan. "It" referring to 24 & 25.

alkjdfklfjdklfjsdalkfjs 8D Click with discretion.

Lulu x C.C. scene
Innocent-malice
I found out about this series around a week ago and am dying to see it. By the way when is the dub coming out.
asunder
Don't ask where to download licensed anime.

ROAR
Innocent-malice
oops Im sorry I wasnt thinking, I posted that before I got used to the rules...does anybody know when they are going to announce the dates for the anime DVDs?
Twilightz
*revives thread*

About two days ago, I was looking for a Gundam 00 episode, but I found a link to a CG ep. I decided to watch it, because I was bored, and after three episodes I was totally hooked. All I have to say is that this series is... freakin' AWESOME!

The last episode was so epic. @_@ But the cliffhanger... Dx I can't wait for the sequel.

I'm not quite sure whose side I'm on yet. Personally I think that Suzaku is a bit annoying, but hot.
Nekokitty
8D

Yay for more Code Geass fans~~
I love your avi of Lelouch. <3

Alot of fans hated Suzaku after the season finale, I'm one of the few that still like him and still ship SuzuLulu.

I can't wait for season 2 either, but right now I'm more eagerly anticipating the English dub. I just know Bandai's going to do an amazing job with it like they did with Haruhi Suzumiya.
Twilightz
Code Geass English dub trailer is out!

Not as bad as I expected! ohmy.gif
Nekokitty
^Thanks for posting.
Dear god I cannot wait to watch it. x3
Tris the Reaper
Dunno if this has been mentioned already, but Code Geass has been confirmed for a future Adult Swim airing. :>
Nekokitty
^Oh no, it hasn't mentioned here but I already knew. I can't wait. <3
Twilightz
Pics (No spoilers)
Lelouch
Karen
Lelouch & C.C
Suzaku & Euphie

SOME CG S2 SPOILERS AHEAD!
Information about S2
S2 trailer...?
New character!
#1(Newtype)
#2(Newtype)
#3 (Newtype)

Confirmed by official sources

- 1 year time skip (official trailer)
- New character's name is Rollo (trailer, NewType January)
- Suzaku has joined the "Knight of Rounds" (trailer)
- Zero has a new look (trailer, NewType January)
- Zero might not be Lelouch (Kawaguchi in NewType January)
- New season starts Spring 08
- Season 2 will take place on a global scale

Thanks to lulu_quality and sushimilk from LJ.
Popogeejo

I should watch this series if only to make perverted jokes about C.C's rump and Pizza Hut.
Nekokitty
^Lol. I like her dress. She looks hot in it. xD

Moar scans! 8D
Season 2, come out alreeeeaddy!!!
Twilightz
CG S2: 2nd trailer
CG S2: 3rd trailer

Where's the geass? ;__; And what's with the white queen/king? o_O
Hanozo
Woot I saw all this amazing series already but I am dieing to see the second season >.<
Amethyst Sunset
8 episodes into the series.

I love how Lelouch thinks...reminds me of Light from Death Note, methinks, in more ways than one. Of course, he does have his little quirks that differentiate him from Light.

What really hooked me onto this series, actually, was the fact that many of the guys behind the scenes also worked on another favorite of mine, GUN×SWORD. Plus, it's Sunrise. Like Cowboy Bebop. And the characters were made by CLAMP. I wanted to see how something like that would come out.

And boy, I ain't gonna stop watching till I get to the end. wink.gif Right now, my favorite characters are Euphemia and Lelouch. But I also love the cat to bits. XDDDDDD
asunder
March 17, 2008 (Cypress, Ca) – Bandai Entertainment Inc. announced today that the Sunrise
anime series Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (pronounced “gee-S”) will debut on Adult
Swim April 26th at 1:30AM pacific. Prior to the premiere, and every subsequent week new
episodes will be made available at adultswim.com on Friday nights prior to the Saturday
broadcast.

from http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/press-rele...swim-april-26th

R1 DVDs in later part of 2008
Twilightz
Only 13 days left till Rebellion 2 begins!

Both the opening and ending will be performed by Orange Range. Listen the opening here!

Popogeejo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT6yRVB4s6M New OP.

From caps of the first episode, the new Nightmare look kind of ugly. Other than that, looks like fans should be happy.
Twilightz
QUOTE(Popogeejo) *

^ 00.51-00.56 <3 : D And it's in the opening so lets not consider this as a spoiler... THE EMPEROR HAS A GEASS?! What?! O_O

Some of the Nightmare designs are a bit weird, yes. :/ I love the opening tho and the ending isn't bad either. Okay, I like the pics more than the song.

Just watched the raw of the first episode. Hah, Rollo seems to be so innocent, but I know he isn't. I know.. -.-
Nekokitty
^Haha, same avatar picture. XD
I love the opening but I agree with Popo, the new knightmare frames look fugly. >.>;

I saw the raw as well. I'm suspicious of Rollo. Lelouch suddenly has a brother that he never mentioned before. Very suspicious.... e_e
Oh and Suzaku looks way cooler than he did before.
Can't wait to see more. <3
Blitz
^ It seems like Suzaku has become very emotionally detached and a Britannia mind slave. :/

Oh, and concerning Rollo... There's a crack theory hanging around that Rollo is Nunally or something to that effect.
Popogeejo
Any of you scum buckets watch the dub last night? I want to know how badly it was censored.
So far all I have is this;
Tris the Reaper
...Code Geass has failed to impress.

Granted, I only saw episode one. But right now, it's just "...Eh...eh...generic shounen mecha # 876876467863876"

Come ooooon, guys. I don't want to be failed. D: I've wanted to see it for a long time. So now I'm sad.
asunder
http://www.adultswim.com/video/?episodeID=...11980e11db30028 First Episode of CG (Season 1) being streamed by adult swim
Nekokitty
QUOTE(Tris the Reaper @ Apr 27 2008, 10:08 AM) *
...Code Geass has failed to impress.

Granted, I only saw episode one. But right now, it's just "...Eh...eh...generic shounen mecha # 876876467863876"

Come ooooon, guys. I don't want to be failed. D: I've wanted to see it for a long time. So now I'm sad.

Oh that's too bad. You could try watching a couple of more episodes but if it still doesn't impress you, don't bother with the rest of it. :<

Anyways, I watched the dub and loved it. I thought it was pretty good. <3
xXdark_kairinekoxX
OMG i love the series!!! even though they did show the first esp last saturday. but still i love it.
Little Washu
I missed the dub's premiere, but I heard it was really good >.<

I have to re-watch the first episode then the rest on Saturday.
xXdark_kairinekoxX
well i am going to watch it on saturadys when it is on adult swim. i can't wait to watch it. biggrin.gif
Little Washu
I found myself only able to sit through the first 15 minutes of episode two. It's really good, but lacks pizazz like Tris the Reaper mentioned, it's like a lot of other mecha anime. Actually, I didn't know it was a mecha until I saw it, and I don't really like mecha >.<
Nekokitty
QUOTE(Little Washu @ May 6 2008, 06:00 AM) *
I found myself only able to sit through the first 15 minutes of episode two. It's really good, but lacks pizazz like Tris the Reaper mentioned, it's like a lot of other mecha anime. Actually, I didn't know it was a mecha until I saw it, and I don't really like mecha >.<

Eh, it's okay.
I didn't really start getting into the story when I first watched it until around episode 15.
I only watched it at first because of the animation it was only half interesting at first.

I'm not a big mecha fan either. >:
Twilightz
I DO NOT approve Lelouch's voice actor. Johnny Yong Bosch.. NURGH! Dx Lloyd's and Jeremiah's are fine tho. : D
Tris the Reaper
I decided the only reason I will continue to watch CG is because Lloyd = Dist.
Kerg
One of my friends recommended this show, and I really like it. biggrin.gif It does take a while to get good though. I just finished episode 14, and I'm officially hooked now. Plus Mao is amazing, he shall be my new fangirl target. XD
Yeah, my friend's nickname is Lulu, after this character, so I decided to watch it to find out why. I suppose I can see the similarities between them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.