Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jigoku Shoujo (hell Girl)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime > Let's discuss your fav anime series here!
Amethyst Sunset
Hell Girl (地獄少女 Jigoku Shōjo?), also known as Jigoku Shōjo: Girl from Hell is an anime series, produced by Aniplex and Studio Deen. It premiered across Japan on numerous television stations, including Animax, Tokyo MX, MBS and others, between October 4, 2005 and April 4, 2006. Following the success of the first season, the series was followed soon after into a second, Jigoku Shōjo Futakomori (地獄少女 二籠?), which premiered October 7, 2006 across Japan on Animax. Third season aired October 4, 2008 April 4, 2009.
(Source - Wiki)

List of Characters

Plot Summary: Somewhere in the vast sea of the Internet, there's a website that can only be accessed at the stroke of midnight. Known as the Jigoku Tsushin, rumor has it that if you post a grudge there, the Jigoku Shoujo will appear and drag whoever torments you into the inferno. Very little is known about the girl - all we know for sure is that she lives with her equally enigmatic grandmother, that three magical straw dolls accompany and serve her, and that whenever a posting on the Jigoku Tsushin moves her, she becomes the Jigoku Shoujo.

Genres: drama, horror, mystery, psychological, supernatural
Themes: death, revenge, tragedy
Episodes: (Hell Girl) 26, (Hell Girl: Two Mirrors) 26, (Hell Girl: Three Vessels) 26.
Age Rating: Older Teen (Signifcant bloody violence and/or swearing and/or nudity)
(Source - ANN)

----------------------

Sooooo...couldn't help seeing that there weren't any threads about JS around here, so yeah, is there anyone out there who's a fan of Enma Ai, the Hell Girl, or her cronies, or her website a.k.a. the Hotline to Hell?

I've just finished the first season, but there are some episodes I haven't watched yet in between, so I'm about to wrap it up and start on the second season. Yes, I know, the first few episodes have almost the same plot - person wants revenge, person visits Hotline to Hell, makes deal with Enma Ai, and decides whether they want to exact revenge on their antagonist and send them to hell...

Ren/Hone Onna FTW! <3 XD

And I heard that Funimation will be releasing DVDs in October. Ooh, another Funi anime. happy.gif
Hanae Mai
Yeah go Enma Ai!!! Little Beauty!!!! She's sooooo pretty, don't you agree?

Well as first I only watch JS because Enma's so pretty XD <I love pretty girls>. But the more I watch it the more I like it. JS's not just horror, it has meanings after every ep. Definitely must-watch.
Is there JS manga somewhere?
Kenji
I only watch the first episode, right before my first day of college started.... sad.gif

BTW... Thread is added into the Anime Threads Directory smile.gif
Amethyst Sunset
Hanae Mai - Yup...Enma Ai is beautiful, but of course, that's only scratching the surface of her character.

JS manga info here

True, after a few episodes, the real plot begins. And things get even more interesting, especially during the final few episodes of the first season.

Kenji - Many thanks, I knew we needed a JS thread. happy.gif
Amethyst Sunset
Drumroll, please! Brina Palencia (Nina Tucker) will star as Enma Ai in JS, flanked by R. Bruce Eliot (Basque Grand) as Wanyuudou, Jennifer Seman as Hone Onna and Todd Haberkorn (Watanuki in Tsubasa and eventually in xxxHoLiC) as Ichimokuren.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycloped...ime.php?id=5577

Complete details on the current Funi staff and VAs are here.

Juli Erickson as Ai's grandmother? Hehehe...Pinako... XDDDD
angelstar2408
I LOVE JIGOKU SHOUJO!!!!!!!! happy.gif
Haru0496
Enma Ai so cute! love Jigoku Shoujo~
Nytengale
i love Hell Girl (i would write it wit the translation but idk how to spell it!! and i no its at the top of my window, its just easier writing hell girl) anyway, i've only watched the first season so far. i've been meaning to watch the other two, i just need to find time to do that on the internet. i watched the anime on adult swim wit dubs and i went somewhere where i had to watch the rest online cuz they wouldn't record, and i have to watch some wit sub. i like how the dub words things better. adult swim is good wit dubs (unlike 4kids *shudder*).

in my opinion, the anime is way better than the manga. i've read the first book of the manga and it takes various episodes and puts it in. also, Ai goes to whichever school everyone is in. the anime came first, i checked, then it was the manga, which explains why it sucks. the manga is also like the first few episodes in that there aren't any reacurring characters (cept Ai and her ppl).
Mhacy
This anime was awesome..
particularly Enma Ai. and Ren Ichimoku!^^
mellulah
I just started watching this yesterday and I laughed so much when I heard the voices of Envy and Bradley as the husband and wife from episode 6. XD You know the one when the wife is a total whore and sleeping with several other guys.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.