Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Negima!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime > Let's discuss your fav anime series here!
Little Washu
Negima! Magister Negi Magi, known in Japan as Magical Teacher Negima! (魔法 先生 ネギま! Mahō Sensei Negima!?) began airing in Japan on January 6, 2005 and ended June 29, 2005. The anime follows the story of the manga to a certain degree but also creates its own reasons for certain events happening - most of which take place towards the end of the series - which differ from the original story, as the situations addressed had yet to occur in the source material.
(Source - Wiki)

List of Characters

Plot Summary: 10-year old Negi Springfield is a wizard-in-training, and needs only to pass one more test in order to become a Master Wizard. Unfortunately, his final task is a bizarre one- to become a English teacher at an all-females boarding school. As soon as he arrives, he completely embarasses one of his students, Asuna Kagurazaka, and replaces the teacher she loves, which garners her hatred. To make matters worse, Asuna learns that Negi is a wizard,and promises to tell unless he helps her out. But, unfortunately, circumstances force them to work together to do many things, from fighting evil wizards to helping the class pass their final exam, with a lot of humor, magic, and romances thrown in.

Genres: action, comedy, drama, romance, supernatural
Themes: ecchi, fanservice, harem, magic, school
Episodes: 26
Age Rating: Older Teen
(Source - ANN)

--------------

Negima! is a manga and anime by Ken Akamatsu, author of Love Hina, that is actually really good! The manga and anime have different plots after awhile, but this is the anime section! I first stumbled upon it on a DVD that came with an issue of NewType magazine, and my favorite characters are Asuna, Fei-ku, Nagi, Negi, Ayaka, Kaede and Konoka.
~Edward~Elric~Fan~
Thanks for starting a Negima thread happy.gif! I own almost every manga, and have watched the anime 2 times now, almost 3. My favorite 3 characters are Asuna, Ayaka, and Kazumi. I think its a great anime, cause its funny, and it has a cute storyline. I would suggest watching and or reading it!!

~*2nd Post Dance*~
The RZA
I love the manga dont get that mistaken. But i've never really cared for the anime, it just was too different. With the changing of everyone's hair & such. I might try re-watching it later.
Little Washu
The anime really is good. There are actually 2 different animes. One is:

Negima!
and the other is:
Negima!?

Which is a re-telling, and has some other things like the 'Suka incedint' where everyone kinda looks like an animal. Like this:

She's a tiger.
The RZA
Yea i've heard of Negima!? but i'd seriously miss the fanservice. laugh.gif Because I heard that it focuses more on the story & all. But i'm sure i'd enjoy it still.

laugh.gif Tiger Ku
seventh_sky
I've heard the earlier Negima anime was better, but the newer one looks prettier XD

I've read most of the manga that Del Rey (I THINK it's Del Rey) has released here, and it's pretty funny, and the beauty of it is, you're always bound to find one character you like because there's SO MANY of them XDDDD

My favorites are Asuna, Konoka, Setsuna, and Albireo =O (he's not a student tho XD)
Little Washu
Albireo is awesome, he's really funny. So is Nagi. The original was better in my opinion, but then again I've never seen the 2nd one so I shouldn't judge it. My least favorite character is Yue, probably because of the whole Nodoka thing.
The RZA
^^You mean how they're [spoiler]both in love with Negi???[/spoiler] Or something else??
Hanozo
So who saw the latest episodes of NEGIMA!? yet. [Spoiler] The black rose barron's ID IS REVEALED[/spoiler] XD
The RZA
I've actually never watched it. I didnt check it out, because it loses some of my interest when it doesnt focus on fan service. However I am about to watch the 1st episode & see if the story is interesting. If so I'll continue to watch.

And the show is interesting indeed. Enjoying it so far, just now getting 3 episodes deep, because of constant distractions. It also pushes forward my belief that [spoiler]Konoka & Setsuna are totally lesbo for each other.[/spoiler] But im sure everyone who watches the series or reads the manga, believes it already.
Little Washu
I don't think Negima!? is as good as Negima!,
The RZA
Yaw, idk right now im undecided Washu. The 1st negima anime didnt keep my interest for some reason. I didnt like the animation, which is a stupid reason but still thats what turned me away from it. But the animation on Negima!? is nice as hell, looks way better than the 1st.
Hanozo
QUOTE(The RZA @ Jul 9 2007, 06:44 PM) [snapback]560737[/snapback]
Yaw, idk right now im undecided Washu. The 1st negima anime didnt keep my interest for some reason. I didnt like the animation, which is a stupid reason but still thats what turned me away from it. But the animation on Negima!? is nice as hell, looks way better than the 1st.

I know right laugh.gif its more serious like then the first one and more action too XD.
The RZA
Yea i know. Negima + MORE ACTION!!! = F'ING AWESOME.
Little Washu
Again, I'm a weirdo and think the action scenes are boring. I like episodes that involve character development. Like when Negi and Nodoka went to the theme park, or when they all went to visit Ayaka on her brothers birthday. I guess it's a girl thing ^^.
The RZA
Yaw maybe it is. I love the character development & romantic type of scenes, but action is very very good. tongue.gif
Little Washu
Sometimes the action is good. I just wish that the anime had followed the manga, at least a little bit. Oh, ad as for why I hate Yue, is that scene after Asuna died when Yue yelled at Nodoka and kissed Negi in front of her. It still makes me mad the Nodoka forgave her.
The RZA
Ohhhh!!! Ok yea, Nodoka really made the wrong choice. Instead of forgiving her, she should've b*tch slapped her.
Little Washu
QUOTE(The RZA @ Jul 18 2007, 03:03 PM) *
Ohhhh!!! Ok yea, Nodoka really made the wrong choice. Instead of forgiving her, she should've b*tch slapped her.

That would've been hilarious. I just think that Yue should like someone like..... Kotaro, mangawise. Mainly because then she can vent out all that 'philosophical knowledge' on him. And maybe he can kill her.....

I wish I could see Negima!? but I have dial-up so I can't download it anywhere. I wonder when/if it's coming to America. I hope so. But I hate some of the changes they made. Like:

Natsumi's hair color is green
Sakurako's hair color is blond
Comical interventions
ect.

I guess I should watch it first. Does anyone know how many episodes there are?
The RZA
If you mean Negima!? there are 26 episodes.
Little Washu
So it's just like the 1st series I see. I really hope it comes to America, I wanna see it. I also saw that there was a manga of Negima!? too. I still don't have 6, 11, 15 or 16 of the original manga. Oh, I just hope it shows soon. Is FUNimation going to do Negima!?, like the old series?
The RZA
I dont know Washu. Im not sure if it's even been liscened yet. Also yea there's pretty much a manga thats like it as well. Its called Negima Neo.
Little Washu
That's probably what I saw. It was just a picture of Chachamaru in her new body, but in manga form. Is Negima Neo in America yet? (Gah! Sorry for so many questions >.<)
seventh_sky
QUOTE(Little Washu @ Jul 18 2007, 06:38 PM) *
That's probably what I saw. It was just a picture of Chachamaru in her new body, but in manga form. Is Negima Neo in America yet? (Gah! Sorry for so many questions >.<)

I'm almost sure not, because they're still bringing the original manga series over. I think the latest book I've seen around here is vol 14....
The RZA
QUOTE(Little Washu @ Jul 18 2007, 05:38 PM) *

Nope I'm pretty sure Negima Neo hasn't been released in America yet. I mean its a pretty new series. I think it was 1st published in December. So give it some time, it'll be over here sooner or later.
Little Washu
Okay. I heard that the original manga has 16 volumes total, so I guess the original will be over soon.
The RZA
You sure about that??? Because i'm still reading the manga & it doesnt seem like it's nowhere close to being over. They've still got into the magic world & look for Negi's dad. Also they just introduced Anya into the story line, so she's becoming more competition for the other girls. I dont see how it could end like that.
Little Washu
QUOTE(The RZA @ Jul 19 2007, 01:30 PM) *
You sure about that??? Because i'm still reading the manga & it doesnt seem like it's nowhere close to being over. They've still got into the magic world & look for Negi's dad. Also they just introduced Anya into the story line, so she's becoming more competition for the other girls. I dont see how it could end like that.

I just read somewhere that there are only 16 volumes. Here, there are only 14.
Artixte
I love Negima <3 Its awsome.Asuna,Negi,Setsuna,and Nodoka are my favorite characters.A certain character's death made me cry so hard whenI found out.
seventh_sky
QUOTE(Little Washu @ Jul 22 2007, 06:00 PM) *
I just read somewhere that there are only 16 volumes. Here, there are only 14.

only 14 out currently XD cuz vol 14 sure doesn't end the series.

I really don't think they can wrap things up in 2 more books either, but who knows...
Little Washu
Each book ends with a big cliff hanger wacko.gif. I can't take it DX! But I hate how Chao is evil in the manga as opposed to the anime. I always thought she was cool.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.