Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Munich 1921...
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > FMA Conqueror of Shambala Movie
Prinz_Zoisit
hi...
i saw the last episode today and i was a little bit sad.
I already gave up to understand the story many episodes ago, but it's still interesting what happened...

so... Munich 1921..... am i right that humanity(in this reality) shall be lucky that there wasn't somebody like Ed who could have investigate alchemy more and more and could have creates such a terrible thing like the atom-bomb if he had??

P.S.: There are many animes which show their japanese relationship to germany... like Neon Genesis Evangelion i.e. or in Sailormoon where Mamoru studied in Germany....

hm... i will miss FMA..... when does the movie come out and can we download it?!?!

Thank you!

P.P.S.: Does anybody know what classical piano song was played from time to time in this episode? I knew it but i don't know what it's named?.....

P.P.P.S.: It's a long time since i saw my first FMA episode.. It was the 22nd of April.... that means 6 months... wow!!.... i'll really miss it...
Omakase Shimasu
Someone like Ed.... biggrin.gif;; Well... As long as he's on the "good" side, I certainly wouldn't mind. But then again, is there even a good side in this world? I honestly don't know anymore. -___-

The storyline certainly is interesting, can't wait to see what'll happen regarding Hohenheim and the Thule Society. biggrin.gif;;; I'm lost whenever I try to go along with that train of thought.

laugh.gif Mangaka like to exploit this relationship a lot. Like in DBZ. rolleyes.gif It's become a trend. And sorry, don't know the composer. ^ ^;; Their music's lovely though. I'd like to get the soundtrack one day. blink.gif Oh wait...
Prinz_Zoisit
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Oct 24 2004, 08:59 PM)
The storyline certainly is interesting, can't wait to see what'll happen regarding Hohenheim and the Thule Society.  biggrin.gif;;; I'm lost whenever I try to go along with that train of thought.

do you mean that the Thule society could be something like the illuminati who are the "rea ruler" of this world?!?! blink.gif

look what i found(related to the thule-society)...this sounds really weird...... unsure.gif unsure.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thule_Society
http://www.crystalinks.com/thule.html
Omakase Shimasu
ph34r.gif Gaaaah~ reading that's creepy. I wonder about Hohenheim's motives to help that doctor since the Thule Society took up Hitler's job...

"The Order of Teutons was organized along the lines of the Free Masons or the Rosicrucians, having differing degrees of initiation, only persons who could fully document that they were of pure "aryan" ancestry were allowed to join."

o.o Wonder how Hohenheim pulled that off...
Vael
If you ask me, there are already too many blonde haired (and a lot of blonde haired blue eyed) characters in FMA. XP
Carnal Malefactor
I'm pretty sure Hohenheim's working as a spy for the Brits.

But isn't this in the wrong folder, anyway?
Quistis88
QUOTE(Prinz_Zoisit @ Oct 24 2004, 01:40 PM)
P.P.S.: Does anybody know what classical piano song was played from time to time in this episode? I knew it but i don't know what it's named?.....

It was episode 51, right? I do believe the piano piece you're talking about is Chopin's …tude Opus 10, No.3. I want the symphonic version that plays near the end . . .
Prinz_Zoisit
QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Oct 25 2004, 02:05 AM)
I do believe the piano piece you're talking about is Chopin's …tude Opus 10, No.3.  I want the symphonic version that plays near the end . . .

wow, thanks for the information, quistis...^^

*sigh yea, for me there's always something special, something wonderful if i see blonde haired and blue eyed boys.... -________-

i could die for them XP
RoyxRiza BigFan
most men at that time had long moustanches *U*
Prinz_Zoisit
QUOTE(RoyxRiza BigFan @ Oct 25 2004, 04:26 PM)
most men at that time had long moustanches *U*

yea, and they can fit to the right person even nowadays although it's already "old-fashioned"^^
wolfi1412
*gasps* Hohemheim's becoming a Nazi?!?!?
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(Vael @ Oct 24 2004, 10:33 PM)
If you ask me, there are already too many blonde haired (and a lot of blonde haired blue eyed) characters in FMA.  XP

Blonde not your thing? =P

@RxR Big Fan: oh God, Hohenheim with a long mustache? Just kill me now.
Quistis88
I love blonds! I don't mind their excessiveness in FMA at all. tongue.gif
Omakase Shimasu
laugh.gif Same here. Those pretty golden locks are one of Edward's many charms. XD Vael's just picked a wrong favorite, or...
Spoiler: (Click here to Display)

Hmmm, What, no Bacon's right. This thread's leaning towards FMA a bit too much. happy.gif;;;
Vael
I'm sour. Trust me.

And, my old crush... yeah... he always told me who his crushes were. and they all. were. blonde.
Prinz_Zoisit
real blonde, fake blond or this "student blonde"(brown hair with parts of blonde fake hair in it)^^?!?!
Carnal Malefactor
My facial hair is blond, but the rest of my hair is brown.. This creates confusion for many...
Vael
All of them were naturally blonde, surprisingly enough.
Carnal Malefactor
Just so we're clear:

"blond" = masculine
"blonde" = feminine
Vael
Just so we're clear:

The men I deal with don't count as masculine. XP
Quistis88
I saw no need to start a new thread, and this was about the really appropriate place to post it. And I felt like posting this, just because.

I figured out something that may be of interest the other day, at least, to the people who like to concern themselves with the further workings of FMA.

Many incidents in the anime seem to mirror/mock much of the major events in the world wars, particularly with the Holocaust and the Ishbal/ Ishvaru genocide. With its many references to these significant historical occurrences, it was only natural for Studio BONES to add in a few more.

Hitler was a strict man, as we all know, and of course, that is far from an understatement. The thing that I could like to direct your attention to is the manís rules regarding musical entertainment during his reign: the mobilization of the works of German composers Beethoven and Wagner, and his apparent distaste towards composers Chopin (who was half-French and half-Polish) and Mendelssohn (grandson of a Jewish philosopher). Anyone caught listening or playing any of the forbidden composersí works were sent straight to a concentration camp.

Ingeniously, BONES used Beethovenís Symphony No, 5, Op. 67 in episodes 49-50 to start the beginning of the end (for lack of a better phrase) and used Chopinís …tude No. 3, Op. 10 in the very last episode to finish things off (symbolic of Hitlerís rise and defeat, I suppose). And I think the point Iím trying to make is that nearly everything in the series, down to the very last piece of chosen music, has some sort of relevance to the anime as a whole.

Those are my two cents. Ignore these ramblings if youíd like.
Prinz_Zoisit
very interesting^^
ἀρχή
Yes, very interesting Quisitis. Glad you brought that up. Too bad those things are wasted on me unless someone points them out as I'm unable to actually notice these things or find them significant at the time of watching them.
Asa
I was wondering upon all of the symbolism within FMA-enlightened once again. Thanks! ^^

Ah, I believe Ed is just trying to get home and inventing interesting things among the way, but his dad...I would have to agree with the spy line. In ep50, we see Hohenheim was called by Churchill-hence him being taken away by carriage.

Suddenly, we see at the end of ep51, he and Ed are in 1921 Germany. I'd say he's a spy or has something else up his sleeve.

And I happen to like blond men. ^^
(And no, I'm not blonde. I'm brown haired, blue eyed)
Prinz_Zoisit
QUOTE(Asa @ Jan 18 2005, 02:23 AM)
And I happen to like blond men. ^^
(And no, I'm not blonde. I'm brown haired, blue eyed)

are you a guy? huh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.