Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My New Roleplay!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Roleplay Community
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Emerald Enchantress
So I thought I'd partake in a roleplay. I shall be edward, and the style will be like a sorta fanficcy/play type thing. Anyone wanna join? I need help to start the plot. : )
Winter Phantom
I'll join,what are the rules?
Kisara
I'll join too happy.gif
The Mad Bomber
I`ll join as well, what kind of a plot did you have in mind? I might have a few ideas to share
Emerald Enchantress
I am willing to let all join!!!! smile.gif No rules really, just keep it at a PG-PG13 level. What are your ideas, The Mad Bomber?
The Mad Bomber
Well, if you are playing Ed then he might be tasked/recommended with finding some alchemists or an alchemist in order to gain access to some secret research etc... We can have things involving the philosophers stone and the homonculus perhaps as well
Emerald Enchantress
QUOTE(The Mad Bomber @ Jun 9 2007, 02:06 PM) [snapback]551002[/snapback]
Well, if you are playing Ed then he might be tasked/recommended with finding some alchemists or an alchemist in order to gain access to some secret research etc...

interesting. btw, what parts do you guys want?
Razzy
I'll join! =D

BTW, can we be made-up characters too?
Winter Phantom
I'm with Steel Heart Alchemist.Can we use made-up characters?
The Mad Bomber
QUOTE(Emerald Enchantress @ Jun 10 2007, 01:37 AM) [snapback]551006[/snapback]
QUOTE(The Mad Bomber @ Jun 9 2007, 02:06 PM) [snapback]551002[/snapback]
Well, if you are playing Ed then he might be tasked/recommended with finding some alchemists or an alchemist in order to gain access to some secret research etc...

interesting. btw, what parts do you guys want?

I can be the alchemist who has been missing and perhaps some supporting character when needed.

QUOTE(Steel Heart Alchemist @ Jun 10 2007, 03:12 AM) [snapback]551018[/snapback]
I'll join! =D

BTW, can we be made-up characters too?

Of course, it would be very hard not to have any, that is unless Emerald anything else in mind?
Menelvir
I'd like to join! But I guess I'll wait and see what roles are available. Can't have everyone playing a made up character... We need some of the canon characters too right?
Razzy
^ Well, I was thinking of using a made-up character because I'm not very good when RPing with real characters. ^^U
The Mad Bomber
Well we have Edward so that would logically leave a need for an Alphonse? Someone might also take Winry if they wanted all tough I don`t really know how she could be fit into the plot, Mustang and Armstrong are also plausible characters to be used.
Night Shadow Alchemist
can i play, it sounds pretty fun. Can we use made up characters, i dont mind either way but it would be quite cool

Plot Idea

Ed has returned Al to his body, and now the only thing left to do is for them to take out Father and the other Homunculus(sp?). Ed knows its too big a job for him and Al so he has decided to go to the other countries and build a force of alchemists to take on Father . He vists the four surround countries to do this and he cant trust any one in Amestris.

This plot allows for made up alchemists but also existing ones like Armstrong and Mustang
The Mad Bomber
Ah well actually I had already presented a plot, but it`s all really up to what Emerald says
Night Shadow Alchemist
i just had a quick plot idea so i thought i would post it smile.gif
That One Dude
Can I join?
Menelvir
I think Night Shadow Alchemist's plot idea is more flexible. But we can combine both plot ideas to come up with:

Ed has returned Al to his body, and now they have to eliminate Father and the Homunculi. Ed and Al travel around to build an army of competent alchemists that will be loyal to his plan (perhaps because they have a grudge against Father and/or one of the Homunculi etc). On the road, they hear rumours about an "Ultimate Weapon" that can kill the supposedly immortal Homunculi, and they decide that they need to find the people who researched that weapon and gain that research material if they want to accomplish their goal. (that's where The Mad Bomber's plot comes in)

For this we'll need lots of alchemists, made up or existing characters alike.
That One Dude
That's good...
[spoiler]*i call on being the psycho alchemist with a death wish and a lot of appeal!*[/spoiler]

Hey... what about improv?
Night Shadow Alchemist
cool thanks Menelvir glad you liked my plot laugh.gif
The Mad Bomber
Eh? huh.gif Shadow, did I miss something or did you just confused Menelvir to be Emerald? Or are these the one and the same person? I have no idea whatsoever. laugh.gif

Anyway here is my character profile(he is the alchemist who has created the weapon etc):

Name: Joel Tycho
Nationality: Amestrisian
Job: A State Alchemist
Title: Shockwave Alchemist
Type of Alchemy: Joel uses static energy as his weapon creating shockwaves in order to create destruction. He can either create waves that go trough air, but can use one`s that along the ground.(not like armstrong who actually creates spikes etc)
Appearance: Short, black and spiky hair, grey eyes with a mix of green about them and he bears a scar on his right cheek. He wears the usual uniform of military personnel.
Weapons: He wears a set of black gloves with metal parts attached right above the fingers and all the metal plates over each finger carry an alchemical array, by hitting these together he creates a charge of static energy.
Likes: A normal, rather boring day on patrol or the office
Dislikes: Taking orders from superiors who in his eyes have not deserved their ranks.
History:

Joel was born to a relatively mediocre family in the south with his father working as a military officer and his mother kept a shop in Rush Valley. Joel displayed an interest for alchemy around the age of 10 and was tutored by traveling alchemists, but he sought proper training from a retired alchemist. Yet it was safe to say that Joel was very mediocre in alchemy and nothing special, but that never stopped him from studying alchemy. At the age of 16 Joel went to the tests to become a state alchemist in the central, but failed and was offered a chance to serve in the military as an officer like his father.

Joel took the job and signed up to the military academy. He finished almost at the top of his class and then got a transfer to the east, to Ishvar. Joel served as a second lieutenant and was promoted to first lieutenant during the campaign, he always admired state alchemists in the war, but never forgot that they were slaughtering a whole nation in the end. After the war he returned south to Rush Valley, but as he returned he only found the ashes of what once was his home. Apparently a fire had set out for an unknown reason and it had been too late when his parents had woken up to the fire. Joel left Rush Valley and headed back to the central to once more take up the test, this time succeeding as he had never stopped studying alchemy even after his previous failure. After this test he continued to serve in the military all tough he has never received any promotions thus far, which really bugs him...

Yet as of late he has been involved in a black op project possibly involving illegal activities.
Night Shadow Alchemist
lol yeh i did XD, changed it now

sorry for the double post

when we are gonna start the roleplay?

<Merged double posts. Please use EDIT next time. ^^ 06/12/07 ~Tombow>
Razzy
^ We can start anytime. biggrin.gif

I'm still working on my character profile. -___-
That One Dude
We're gonna start? Sweet!
My character profile:

Name: Nathaniell
Date of Birth: August 30th
Hair: Brown
Skin: Tan
Eyes: Silver, almost white
Likes: Mature, good looking men, an eventful day, and guns
Dislikes: Whiny little children, doing nothing, and girls going all: "Wook at the cute wittle puppy!"
Alchemy: Water control and manipulation(water blades, waves, etc.), and an animation alchemy skill(moving statues, bringin pictures to life).
History: Nathaniell's birth was normal, like all others. However, she was separated from her parents due to unknown reasons, since then she's been cared for by a woman named Mai Caretaker. After some time doing what normal children do, she began to take an interest in alchemy, and was quite skillfull at it by the age of fourteen. However, she was never really content with her normal life. She began to search for ways to 'entertain' herself, ways to get the adrenaline in her veins pumping. She began to participate in underground fights for money and frequently won, and she then got involved with crime lords and such things, which led from one thing to another, that finally ended with her getting a job as a proffessional assasin. Mai, unhappy, kicked her out of the house recently. She currently works as a freelance assasin known by the name of 'The Prophet'.

*it's not really good, but i'll edit it!*
Night Shadow Alchemist
kk heres my character profile

Name: Lei Kage
Alchemist Name: Hidden Shadow Alchemist
Hair Colour: White/Silver
Iris Colour: Onyx
Height: 5'10
Country of Origin: Xing

Description
Lei belongs to the Kage Clan of Xing. Although he is not a state alchemist becuase of his fighting style and the way he uses his alchemy he is often referred to as the 'Hidden Shadow Alchemist'. He has never had a single home, he has constantly been traveling from a young age with other members of his clan. His clan wishes to master alchemy and so believes that they must understand all views of it. While he was in Ishbala the civil war broke out, Lei was a young boy but he lost his left arm, he managed to escape with his clan members, the arm has been replaced with auto mail. Although his origins are Xing he may have some Ishbala blood in him which gives him his white hair, however he has no other Ishbalan features. Now at 16 and he is own his own, his travels have taught him much but they have been dangerous and has lost all the comrades that began the journey with him. He now has a degree of understanding of almost all types of alchemy thanks to his travels. He practices what we would call ninjitsu (martial art of the ninja). Along with this he wears a completly black overall like other Xing warriors, but he does not wear a mask. He also wears gloves that have transmutation circles on that allow his to transmute earthly elements and metals. His only weapon is a pole of titainium which he has learn to transmute into multiple differnet weapons, from throwing knives to dual katanas. Not only does he use it to change it into weapons but uses it to modify his automail in various ways making it stringer or to repair it when damaged.

Original Alchemy Techniques
Earthly Armour - He can transmute the metals and ground around him to orm a type of armour. It is almost like skin in that is totally flexable and has no joints. Every movement uses alchemy to keep it fluid. There are no strength benifts form this it is purly a defensive move, it is good for defending against blades and other sharp weapons, it is weak against blunt weapons and speedy attakc sbecuase the armour slows down his movements. This can also be used for camoflauge purposes when his entire body is covered in the armour.

Twilightz
Hmm, I want to join in too, but I have to create the profile first. It's gonna take a while.
Razzy
Here's my character's profile:

Name: Fen
Physical appearance: She has short black hair and green eyes. She is tall and thin.
Abilities/ Weapons: She has excellent agility (as in, she can run, jump, etc. quickly, and she can also think and react quickly) She also knows a bit of rendanshu. (Alchemy in Xing, the purification arts, etc.) Her weapons are two throwing knives, which she can throw very swiftly because of her agility.
Clothes: Her clothes basically look like this: http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/9316/stupidstufftx0.png
Country of birth: Xing
Personality: Fen used to be unhappy and distant before she entered Amestris, but she soon felt that her life was more fulfilled and exciting after she arrived. She is mainly a curious and adventurous person. She loves fighting, performing alchemy, and performing rendanshu. Fen is cautious around strangers, mostly because she was kidnapped when she was a young girl. She is protective of the people she cares about. Fen is always open to try and learn new things.

History:
Fen grew up in a family that was relatively close to the Emperor of Xing. She never had an exciting or fun life. Her parents were always trying to plan out Fen's future, and her parents always disapproved of Fen's use of her fighting and they punished her when she tried to learn rendanshu. As soon as she turned 16, Fen ran away from her home in Xing, taking a lot of money with her and leaving her mother, father, and two little sisters behind. When she arrived in Amestris, she found it to be an interesting and uniquely beautiful country. She started learning alchemy, and she quickly grew to love Amestris. Even though she had a strange feeling about Amestris ever since she arrived, she soon vowed to protect the country and its people as much as she could.

Knowledge of Alchemy:
When it comes to learning anything, Fen is a quick learner, and she found that she was naturally good at performing alchemy as well as rendanshu. Her goal is to learn as much alchemy as possible so she can use what she has learned to protect people from danger.
Night Shadow Alchemist
^she sounds awsome, this looks like its going to be a good role play
The Mad Bomber
yeph, as soon as Emerald would reappear...

oh and if anyone makes an OC state alchemist then they can be a part of the research made by my character
Winter Phantom
Fhew,I'm Back! Here is my character:
Name: Melissa Gaule
Looks: Long Black Hair and Bright Green eyes
Clothes: Short black miniskirt (with shorts) and black spaggetti shrap top with a jean coat.
State Name: The Winter Phantom Alchemist.
You'll learn more about her....
Night Shadow Alchemist
i could make a researcher if someone else wants to be a researcher but they think of a good one and they could use him/her

Twilightz
When are we going to start?

@ The Mad Bomber- I made my character a part of the research.

Name: Milo Howell " Blizzard Alchemist "
Nationality: Amestrisian
Job: A state alchemist
Height: 5' 11 / about 180 cm

Appearance: Milo's skin color is quite brown, because his father is black and mother is white. His hair and eyes are also brown. The hair is quite short and it has a little " tuft" in front of it. Milo is the normal size, not fat, but not skinny.

Personality: Milo is quite funny person with a good sense of humor. He has a good self- discipline and he likes to guide people.

Past: He was born in Aquroya into a wealthy family. His father and mother both owns a bank where they' ve worked a long time. Milo also have big brother, Oliver, who is 6 years older than him. Milo has learned everything about alchemy from him.
When Milo was 17 years old he started to study alchemy with the help of his brother. Oliver made a book about alchemy and now he's one of the famous alchemists in Aquroya. At the age of 21 Milo moved to Central and joined the military as a state alchemist.

Present: Milo lives in a house near the Headquaters. He's part of the research made by Joel Tycho. Milo was promoted to a Lt. Colonel not so long ago.

Alchemy: Milo has little transmutation circles tattooed on his fingers. When he touches water, ice or steam, he can change them between each other. Snow is also possible. Milo usually creates ice spikes trough the ground.

Interests: Playing chess, reading, cars, traveling, singing.

Useless information about Milo that probably won't change your life:

Birthday: June 1st
Favorite food: Chicken with fried potatos.
Menelvir
Sorry for the delay! I'll create my character right now.

By the way, The Mad Bomber, what IS the illegal research about? I might decide to join; it depends on whether it fits into my character's personality.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Emerahl Larien (it's pronounced with a soft 'l')
Nationality: born in Ishbal and bred on the streets of Amestris

Background: She is one of the few survivors of the Ishbal Civil War, being only 5 years old when her home was razed to the ground. Despite having been brought up to follow the teachings of god, Emerahl gave up on religion when she lost her family and her home, and decided to live life by her own set of principles. Growing up on the streets, she once stole a book about alchemy from a library, and reading and learning from it, she discovered her talent for alchemy. Since then, she often breaks into librarys across the land to expand her knowledge. (She won't go into a library in daylight because they would throw a vagabond like her out.) Through many hard lessons, she had learnt to forgive the military for what they had done, although for the sake of her family she cannot forget. This is why, despite her talent, and despite the many benefits it holds, she would never join the military.

Understanding that alchemy is supposed to be for the greater good, she vows to use her skills to better the world, especially for the poor whom she grew up with. Using her alchemy and street fighting skills, she tracks down thieves and other criminals, stealing from them what they took from others (the rich, who can afford to lose a bit of their wealth, so she thinks), and donate anonymously to orphanages and other reliable charitable organisations. Emerahl the theif is known in the media and by the common folk by the alias 'The Shadow Viol Alchemist', or simply 'Shadow Viol'.

A few years back, she met the Shockwave Alchemist, Joel Tycho. Despite her hate for the military, she gradually grew to admire Joel for his strong sense of justice. It was he who invited her to join a black ops group that was handling some "classified" research. She agreed to join them, if only as an act of defiance against the military.

Appearance: Being of Ishbalan blood, Emerahl has wavy black hair and olive skin. Being used to running away from the police and criminals that are her victims, she has long, lean legs and a slender frame. She usually wears a maroon silk top with black pants and boots. In daytime, she wears a black beret low over her face to disguise her eyes. When she was a teenager, some street punks had cornered her and one of them had put in a bad scratch in her right eye, rendering it useless. Since then, she has had it replaced with a glass ball with a transmutation circle carved in to enable it to act like a normal eye.

Skills: An expert in hand-to-hand combat, but Emerahl can also use a dagger. Be careful though; Emerahl has no qualms about fighting dirty. Emerahl's specialty alchemy is using her violin (used to belong to her dad's favourite, and it was unharmed in the massacre because it was placed in a fire-proof case) to create ultrasound-waves that she can direct at a target, causing things to rip or burst. She carved the transmutation circles herself, on the back of her violin and on the grip of her bow, where her thumb is when she plays the violin.

When all else fails, she can also transmute the violin bow into a real bow. Using special true-shot arrows, her instrument becomes a weapon.

Likes: Music, seeing the smiles of the people she helps, peeving the military off.
Dislikes: Suffering, and seeing others suffer.
The Mad Bomber
QUOTE(Menelvir @ Jun 13 2007, 11:29 AM) [snapback]552000[/snapback]
By the way, The Mad Bomber, what IS the illegal research about? I might decide to join; it depends on whether it fits into my character's personality.

Name: Emerahl Larien (a tribute to Night Shadow Alchemist, who first called me Emerald (The Mad Bomber seems to have picked up the name too happy.gif); it's pronounced with a soft 'l')

Well it involves human transmutation etc for some part, IŽll have to see how to fit it in still.

And actually no I never meant you by Emerald, I have always been talking about the person who made this rp and is going to rp as Edward
Night Shadow Alchemist
its got to be something really cool mad bomber cause its the supposed Ultimate Weapon. Good luck creating it, will it be a new homonculus or something brand new?
The Mad Bomber
Well the `ultimate weapon` was never my idea to begin with, but I will have to see about that, A homonculus? Interesting concept in a way.... but I`ll have to see about that
Night Shadow Alchemist
guess we will have to wait for emerald then
Emerald Enchantress
alright, sorry. i'm good with the plot mad bomber presented. made up characters are fine. sorry, i've been away for a while.
Night Shadow Alchemist
so do you want to start it emerald or you could mad bomber becuase he seem to be leading the researchers
Menelvir
QUOTE(The Mad Bomber @ Jun 13 2007, 07:16 PM) [snapback]552028[/snapback]
And actually no I never meant you by Emerald, I have always been talking about the person who made this rp and is going to rp as Edward

Oh I see! I didn't realise that... Haha.

Oh Emerald's back! Maybe you should start it. After all, the plot does center around Edward finding us... Do you need an Alphonse?
The Mad Bomber
QUOTE(Night Shadow Alchemist @ Jun 13 2007, 04:48 PM) [snapback]552068[/snapback]
so do you want to start it emerald or you could mad bomber becuase he seem to be leading the researchers

well lol it`s kinda funny because Twilightz`s character is actually higher ranking than mine, but I think Emerald should start everything....
Twilightz
^ what if my character would be the financial backer? ^^

Oops, my character's last name is supposed to be Howell, not Powell. tongue.gif
Night Shadow Alchemist
^lol

come on emerald
The Mad Bomber
QUOTE(Twilightz @ Jun 13 2007, 05:40 PM) [snapback]552086[/snapback]
^ what if my character would be the financial backer? ^^

Oops, my character's last name is supposed to be Howell, not Powell. tongue.gif

I pmed you about that and another thing
Menelvir
Financial backer... I suppose that's an important role.

Oh yes, I forgot to ask The Mad Bomber. I wrote in my character's history that I've met your character before. Are you okay with that? If not I'll make the necessary changes.

By the way, Night Shadow Alchemist, I love your avatar! Poor Al, more scared of fangirls than any villain he's faced!

So, we're now all waiting for Emerald, right?
That One Dude
Hmm...
I didn't know rp's took like four days to begin...wow...

Where does the plot begin?
The Mad Bomber
QUOTE(Menelvir @ Jun 14 2007, 04:06 AM) [snapback]552182[/snapback]
Oh yes, I forgot to ask The Mad Bomber. I wrote in my character's history that I've met your character before. Are you okay with that? If not I'll make the necessary changes.

Np, so your character will be a part of the team as well eh?(I just read it, your chars history) Well I don`t see a problem there, at least now we have three in the research team.
Emerald Enchantress
QUOTE(Night Shadow Alchemist @ Jun 13 2007, 05:48 AM) [snapback]552068[/snapback]

nah i think he sho8uld start it. it's my first one and so far, and i need to learn these things. : )
The Mad Bomber
(Joel is at his home now)

Scrambled notes laid all round the table, a pile of books towered the notes and a half empty coffee mug stood besides them as the alchemists head leaned against the table. Many notes were also placed on a noteboard that hanged on the wall, just next to the table, the only thing that parted from the notes was a photograph. The photo featured a group of people, alchemists gathered into a group photo. There was a quite tall Amestrisian man with short spiky black hair, a more dark skinned shorter man and a dark haired woman of Ishvarite blood, along with a few others. The room had not been cleaned in a long while and was the result of a year of research, mainly centering around some sort of power sources of nature. Joel Tycho, the shockwave alchemist, blinked his eyes and sighed as he grabbed the coffee mug. He wasn`t sure how long he had been sleeping, but he emptied the mug into his mouth and swallowed the coffee all at once. The bitter and cold taste made him gaze at the empty bottom of the mug with disgust. Joel stretched his tired limbs and snapped his fingers, his appearance wasn`t that of a healthy person. His beard had grown for starters, his spiky hair were messy as hell, he wore a white tank top, his blue army uniform pants and boots, but frankly he didn`t give a damn about his appearance at the moment. He grinned before walking down to the kitchen to make more coffee and as he did so he quietly gazed outside, it was raining as, if the god himself was furious at the whole human race. Indeed if god was angry at anyone then Joel would have been one, one of the soldiers that had taken part in the Ishvar elimination campaign, he had been a young cadet back then, fresh from the academy.

What he saw there hadn`t escaped his mind yet at least he was glad to have an extensive research that kept his mind off things like that and the latest evaluation his team had received was positive, thus guarenteeing them all a new year as state alchemists or at least for those who of them were state alchemists. He returned to his work room and grabbed a pair of gloves with transmutation circles on their fingers before returning to the kitchen, he wasn`t sure whether anyone would bother him today as he had declared that he would take the day off. That was a lie, he simply didn`t want to be bothered and wished to work at home. Joel quietly gazed around his work room and hit his fingers together creating static energy in order..... to warm up his coffee....
Razzy
Fen sat outside staring at the rain and the grey sky that it fell from. She was sitting on a random building's front step, with a small umbrella over her head. Fen was uncertain why she bothered even holding the umbrella if she was still getting wet. So she threw the umbrella aside and continued her adoring gaze at the sky. Fen thought simply, 'I love the rain...' But she soon realized how cold she was getting, and she started to shiver. Being wet wasn't a bother to her, but Fen couldn't tolerate the cold. 'If only that shop hadn't closed earlier, then I could've stayed there and kept myself warm.' She remained sitting and thinking.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.