Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Le Chevalier D'eon
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime > Let's discuss your fav anime series here!
Slashrose1010
Chevalier: Le Chevalier D'Eon (シュヴァリエ Shuvarie?) is a 24-episode anime TV series produced by Production I.G based on an original story by Tow Ubukata. The anime originally aired in Japan on WOWOW from August 19, 2006 to February 2, 2007.
(Source - Wiki)

Plot Summary: During the time when Louis XV still ruled France, a certain woman was found dead in the coffin floating through the Seine river. D'Eon, the woman's brother, determines to seach for the killer of his sister, Lia. But there are some strange movements in France. And things become more strange when Lia's soul enters D'Eon's body...

Genres: drama, fantasy, horror, mystery, supernatural
Themes: historical, revenge, superpowers, tragedy
Episodes: 24
Age Rating: Mature
(Source - ANN)

-------

Has anyone aside from Toby and I watched this anime? I thought it was pretty good, especially the last 6-8 episodes. The action is great, even if the plot is somewhat mediocre. It's kind of sad for anyone who likes that sort of thing. It's just all somewhat predictable the theme song itself gives away a lot about the twists if you pay attention

One complaint I had was the same I had about Fullmetal Alchemist... The love-affair of the main character was POINTLESS!!! Anna was an absolute waste of screen time that they easilly could have shown more of Durand and Teillagory.
Toby-Chan
There's no love affair of the main character in Fullmetal Alchemist. blink.gif

I agree about Anna, though. She could have been made much more important, or handled better, but she came off as pretty superfluous from the beginning. If they'd developed her differently, possibly given us reason to care about her in a personal way, shown a better development of her relationship with D'eon, then she wouldn't have felt so pointless. I could tell from the beginning that she was fulfilling the stereotypical Japanese Romantic role of 'Faithful woman waiting for her true love to return.'

Durand's character felt kind of standard as well. I feel like there weren't enough risks taken with the characters, especially considering all the situations they were in that could have been delightfully novel, if they'd dared to push the envelope a little more.

I do heart Robin, though. And Teillagory is one foxy grandpa. >:F

MAJOR SPOILER!

[spoiler]Robin's end was more tragic than if he'd just died straight away. First his entire personality essentially died, killing the potential he'd once had to grow up and put his more gentle idealism to action. And then D'eon even saw him being beheaded. Horrible way to go. But you can't really have a happy ending with the French Revolution, can you? [/spoiler]

Overall, it's really well made, and the fight scenes are pretty wicked. But in spite of how much they try, a lot of it ended up feeling kind of soulless. I'm not quite sure what they could have done to make it better, but there was something missing from the characters and relationships.
Slashrose1010
Love affair being Winry and Edward. Winry was utterly pointless.

I agree with you about the anime could have been better. I didn't really like Robin that much though, not until the end. He seemed like a pretty standard chap to me, but so did Durand. My favourite characters were probably Teillagory and Robespierre, even if Robespierre was pretty darn cliché.

About the relationships, I think that they simply didn't try to develop the relationships that much in the show. There didn't seem to be a strong bond between any of the characters, aside from them respecting each other as knights (and aside from Durand and Robin's friendship). I think if they had [spoiler]Durand and Teillagory's deaths would have meant more. Though honestly, the saddest death imo was the Russian Queen's, Elizabeth.[/spoiler]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.