Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2007 Royai Day Fanart Flood/contest!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fanworks > Fanarts
Tombow
Hawkeye x Roy: The "Royai" Thread in FMA Character Discussion forum is having 2nd annual Royai Day Fanart Contest/Flood!!

What is Royai Day?? Royai Day is an arbitrarily decided day to celebrate Roy x Riza, a.k.a. Royai/Royeye/Roiai, started by some Japanese fans few years ago.
It's June 11, and there will be an weekend long activities between June 8 ~ June 11 on Hawkeye x Roy: The "Royai" Thread in FMA Character Discussion forum!!

(Original Royai Day afanart and poster by Chibi Viki)

As part of the celebration, we are having Royai fanart Contest, and Royai fanart Flood.
Part I is 2nd Annual Gun and Paperwork Royai Day Fanart Contest:
Part II is 2nd Annual Royai Thread Royai Day Fanart Flood

Part I
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2nd Annual Gun and Paperwork Royai Day Fanart Contest:

* Theme: "Rainy Day"
* The submission period is over.
* The winner will be announced on Royai Day, June 11, on Hawkeye x Roy: The "Royai" Thread in FMA Character Discussion forum!!

Part II
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Announcing...
2nd Annual Royai Thread Royai Day Royai Fanarts Flood!!!

This is the 2nd year Hawkeye x Roy: The "Royai" Thread in FMA Character Discussion forum is celebrating Royai Day by having Royai Day Weekend, this year it is June 8 ~ June 11.

This year, we would like to open up our First Annual Royai Thread Royai Day Royai Fanarts Flood to the whole board!!
We know we have very talented artists on our board, and we'd welcome your awesome creations for our Royai Day!!

It can be any size and style, and the theme.

Or, you can create Royai fanart with this year's 2007 Royai Day General Theme, which is...

"Get your own morally bankrupt Colonel!! He is mine!! (Riza)"

Art by Hiromu Arakawa, from FMA manga Artbook II, poster by Tombow

Please post your piece on this thread. You can post yours here anytime now through Royai Day!!

Also, if you like, please bring your piece on Hawkeye x Roy: The "Royai" Thread in FMA Character Discussion forum during 2007 Royai Day Weekend (June 8 ~ June 11)!! We would love to see your post there, and join our Royai Day celebration!!

All submissions will be included in this year's 2007 Royai Day Album!!

And, to give an idea, posted below is 2006 Royai Day Album from our Royai Day last year!! ^^
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The 2006 Royai Thread Royai Day Album

Opening comment and 2006 Royai Day poster by Chibi Viki on page 487, post #7292 (second post)

Fanarts/Fanworks:
dear ChalkArt_Royai* and Fine after the war* by MeLRizA (page 486, Post #7285)
*Links no longer working for the above two fanarts.
Forbidden Royai (Rated M) by Reika, (page 487, post #7297)
Royai Role Switch by MeLRizA, (page 487, post #7294)
You and Me Tonight and Roy by Galorfilinde (page 488, post #7310)
Roayai in black by Blue_Haven (page 488, #7317)
Happy Royai Day!! by Jelly_Belly (page 489, post #7327)
Embrace 1 (page 489, post #7331) and Embrace 2 (page 490, post #7345) by Nil-chan
Royai Day Banner and Happy Royai Day!! by Azura Elric (page 489, post #7334)
Royai Day Special Collection by Tsunade-chan (page 489 post #7335)
Royai fanart 1, Royai fanart 2, Royai anart 3 (page 490, post #7350) by 55th_animalalchemist (4 more fanarts by her will be added here later)
Roy and Hayate by SsleepyAlly (page 491, post #7355)

Fanfics:
You are My Love by Tsunade-chan (page 479, post #7181)
Origin (conclusion) by Nil-chan (page 479, post post #7183)
Worse Than a Blind Date: a royAi fanfic by windxalchemist (post 481, post #7201)
Blackout by Hyugafalcon (page 481, post #7210)
The Blue That is Our Skins by eina (page 482, post #7224)
Thoughts on Rainy Days by Jo21 (page 485, post #7274)
Rain by Summoner Colette (page 486, post #7277)
My Royai Day Fic by No_One (page 486, post #7289)
Is This Love? by Keoni (post 487, post #7303)
Trees, Loves Me, Loves Me Not, Never Know, and ‘Till Death Do Us Apart by windxalchemist (page 488, post #7316)
Military Personnel by Nil-chan (page 489, post #7331)

(All page references are for Hawkeye x Roy: The "Royai" Thread)

Hope to see your creations in this year's Royai Day Album!! happy.gif

And, please join us on Hawkeye x Roy: The "Royai" Thread in FMA Character Discussion forum during this year's Royai Day Weekend, June 8 ~ June 11, for a weekend-long fun and excitement!! Everyone on the board is invited to join the Royai Day celebration!!
Ratzenheich FMA Super fan
Lemme join the celebration of Royai day! biggrin.gif

Anyway, I drew this for Royai day.

Click to view attachment

It took me nearly 1 painstaking hour to draw!!! >_< I just hope you guys like it. It's supposed to be Roy and Riza in a cafe in a cabin near a mountain ski resort.

Please bear with me. I know I suck like hell in drawing and this drawing sucks, but at least it's RoyxRiza. XD I'm not attempting to join any contest. This is only meant as an appreciation drawing for RoyxRiza.
Tombow
@Ratzenheich FMA Super fan - I love your Roy and Riza drawing!! It's totally awesome!!
Roy and Riza looks so happy and nice!! I love the scene with Roya and Riza sitting in the balcony, with nice mountain background!! It's a beautiful setting!! I totally love it!! Thank you!! happy.gif

And, yes, as I mentioned on the other thread, we still have few more days to enter for the contest, and I'd love to have your drawing for the contest!! The theme is "Roy and Riza on rainy day" ...just like this Roy and Riza, but with raining outside will be awesome for the contest!!
If you can, please try make one?? ^^
musical alchemist
Click to view attachment
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f11/gemi...02007/royai.jpg

Yes, this was used for a Royai day banner, but I originally drew it for this flood wink.gif

<Edited to switch posting of 1 oversize pic from Image posting to an Attachment to prevent stretching of the forum page. ^^ 05/28/07 ~Tombow>
Tombow
@musical alchemist - I love your fanart!! Riza with the short hair is cute!! ^^
And, that clueless Roy is funny!! biggrin.gif
If you feel like it, please draw another one with "Roy and Riza on rainy day" thene for this year's Royai Day fanart contest!! The contest closes on Thursday, may 31, so you'll still have more time!!
You need to send the scanned file to Valerie... detailed info on my post above.
If you feel like it, please try!! ^^
YukikoElric
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s48/YukikoLime/RoyAi.jpg
Click to view attachment

For RoyAi Day!! (Not competition, I'm too late XD)
Tombow
@YukikoElric - That's soooo cute and sweet and lovely!!
I love it!! Thank you!! happy.gif
Reta McClain
I would otherwise put something up but I don't have any way to do so *sigh* I'm not using camera, as I suck at it and I would have to ask my mom (who isn't going to be at home this weekend nor the camera) to help me and I don't have a scanner...

But nice pictures, everyone biggrin.gif

ETA: Awww, screw it, I drew a Royai pic.
Notes: Done with Paint and Riza's head is too big.

Spoilers up to manga chapter 57
Tombow
@Reta McClain - Oh, nice Royai drawing!! That Riza with her tattoo on the back is difficult to draw, and you got it totally Riza with her tattoo!! I'm so impressed!! Thank you, thank you!! happy.gif

Yes, our 2007 Royai Day Weekend (June 8 - 11) is officially here!!

Along with this thread, hope you will all stop by on Royai thread and have fun with us (and, if you haven't done so yet, please bring your Royai Day creations and post them there also)!!! happy.gif
CodenameElizabeth
Dayam, Reta-- that's impressive.

And since I feel the need to contribute, OMG crappy sketch in my sCRAP gallery on DA!
(Dude. It's in sCRAPs for a reason...) XD

Better things to come over the weekend.
Thing that *don't* suck (as much...)
Tombow
@Liz - That is so nice!! You can draw!! I like it!! ^^ Thank you!!! happy.gif
Zachelle
Ohh! Awesome drawing Reta McClain and CodenameElizabeth!!
Riza's tattoo is hard to draw, good job Reta McClain!!
~Edward~Elric~Fan~
RoyxRiza
My brother made this for me, so I could post it in here biggrin.gif.
Zachelle
Oh oh oh!!
I love that fanart ~Edward~Elric~Fan~!!
Tell your brother than he did a good job!! I love it!
Thanks for sharing this with us, it's one of my favorites now biggrin.gif
And you might want to post this on the Royai thread also, since it's Royai weekend and all happy.gif
Tombow
@~Edward~Elric~Fan~ - Oh My!!! That Royai drawing is jaw dropping good!! ohmy.gif
Your brother made that for you for the Royai Day?? That's awesome!!
Big "TAHNK YOU" to your brother!!!
An,d big hugs to you for getting it for the Royai Day!! Thanks you!! That is BEAUTIFUL!!! happy.gif
~Edward~Elric~Fan~
Oh oh oh!!
I love that fanart ~Edward~Elric~Fan~!!
Tell your brother than he did a good job!! I love it!
Thanks for sharing this with us, it's one of my favorites now biggrin.gif
And you might want to post this on the Royai thread also, since it's Royai weekend and all happy.gif
~*Zachelle: Thank you very much!! My brother is an amazing artist, I guess thats where I got my talent biggrin.gif. I will tell him right away! Your quite welcome, and he said he has another drawing so I will post that as fast as I can when he gives it to me happy.gif!! Oh, and I will post it there soon.
--
@~Edward~Elric~Fan~ - Oh My!!! That Royai drawing is jaw dropping good!!
Your brother made that for you for the Royai Day?? That's awesome!!
Big "TAHNK YOU" to your brother!!!
An,d big hugs to you for getting it for the Royai Day!! Thanks you!! That is BEAUTIFUL!!!

~*Tombow: Wow, thanks for such a nice, and kind compliment happy.gif!! I know my brother will be happy that you 2 like it a lot wink.gif. Yeah he said he wanted to, so I thought it would be cool to post it! I will tell him, and thanks again biggrin.gif.
Reta McClain
QUOTE(Tombow @ Jun 9 2007, 01:08 AM) [snapback]550752[/snapback]
@Reta McClain - Oh, nice Royai drawing!! That Riza with her tattoo on the back is difficult to draw, and you got it totally Riza with her tattoo!! I'm so impressed!! Thank you, thank you!! happy.gif

Thanks, Tombow biggrin.gif My first "official" art in web.
QUOTE(CodenameElizabeth @ Jun 9 2007, 01:18 AM) [snapback]550756[/snapback]
Dayam, Reta-- that's impressive.

And since I feel the need to contribute, OMG crappy sketch in my sCRAP gallery on DA!
(Dude. It's in sCRAPs for a reason...) XD

Better things to come over the weekend.
Thing that *don't* suck (as much...)

Thanks and your pic is good too happy.gif

QUOTE(Zachelle @ Jun 9 2007, 06:30 AM) [snapback]550798[/snapback]
Ohh! Awesome drawing Reta McClain and CodenameElizabeth!!
Riza's tattoo is hard to draw, good job Reta McClain!!

*blushes* Yeah, it was a b*tch to draw especially with my equipment sleep.gifU
QUOTE(~Edward~Elric~Fan~ @ Jun 9 2007, 12:23 PM) [snapback]550811[/snapback]
RoyxRiza
My brother made this for me, so I could post it in here biggrin.gif.

@ ~Edward~Elric~Fan~

So is this your brother's DevArt?

I know you want to click me

I wonder what Tombow has to say about this. He is nice after all, but not that nice. Right Tombow?
~Edward~Elric~Fan~
~*Ratzen: Well yeah my bro's got a DevArt account, but thats not his, its his friends. His friends take most of his drawings he does, and spreads them around the internet. I didn't know that until my brother told me. I don't think he cares to much anyways.
I'm sorry but I'm starting to have doubts. Just check again the DevArt link I posted and review the profile of her DevArt account as well as the description of the art.

EDIT: Since I can't double post

Here's another fanart I made for Royai day. Took me 40 minutes to finish and I didn't bother with fully shading it because I'm not sure how to do it. If I tried to, it would've probably ended up looking crappier than it is now. I used an ordinary lead pencil with #2 level of hardness.
Tombow
@Ratzenheich FMA Super fan - Thank you so much for your lovely Royai Day drawing!!
I love it!!! Thank you!! happy.gif

And, sorry I have been busy and barely keeping up with my slow Net connection for the past few days!! About the divART account you posted... I have to check it out, and seems like something ~Edward~Elric~Fan~'s brother and his friends have to work out also...
Meantime, it looks like maybe we should give credit to this artist.... We'll check into it!!
Thanks for bringing it to our attention!! happy.gif

Also, we have the winners for 2007 Royai Day Fanart Contest!!
The results, and the contest winners' artworks will be posted here later also!!
Valérie
Happy Royai Day everyone!
I already posted them in the Royai thread, but here are the results of the fan art contest. The theme was "rainy day" and I got 3 entries.

first place
SMTofu

First place
damagexxx

Second place
AnImE-lOvEr-FMA

To see their dawings, click here.

<Moved the post from "2007 Royai Day Fanworks" thread in Fanworks forum. ^^ 06/13/07 ~Tombow>
Tombow
Thnak you Valérie!!
And, all the winners, congratulations!! happy.gif

With Valérie's permission, we'll be including the Contest Winning fanarts to 2007 Royai Day Album!! happy.gif

First Place, Over 16 yrs old: By SMTofu
Click to view attachment

First Place, 16 and Under: By damagexxx
Click to view attachment

Second Place, 16 and Under: By AnImE-lOvEr-FMA
Click to view attachment

They are all nice Royai fanarts!! happy.gif

~Edward~Elric~Fan~
Both Royai pictures I posted that I said my brother drew was not his. I asked him if it was his drawings and he told me it was his friend's, friend on DevinArt that drew them. I should give credit to Kaido-Koi, the artist on DevinArt account [this is the link to her DevinArt account]. I am happy I got that figured out, cause I wouldn't want any of you thinking I took the pics on purpose! Sorry for the mix up! Oh, and Zachelle if you could please give the credit to Kaido-Koi too, thanks a lot happy.gif!
Tombow
One more lovely Royai fanart contribution, this one by Triss Hawkeye. happy.gif
Click to view attachment
Royai in the rain (Full size image)

Thank you, Triss Hawkeye!! ^^

And, here is probably the last contribution.... Mel told me on email that she was having final exams, but she will send in the contribution little later..

And, here it is:
Click to view attachment
Royai Note by MeLRizA.

Thank you MeLRizA for the lovely Royai fanart!! happy.gif

And, one more contribution, this from Keoni for this year's Royai Day!!

Click to view attachment

Thank you, Keoni!! happy.gif

@~Edward~Elric~Fan~ - Ah, I see. Thank you for letting us know, since after Ratzenheich FMA Super fan's post, we were wondering about that, too. It's good to find out! ^^
So, I think we'll give the credit for that fanart to the holder of that account, and we'll make the correction accordingly. (BTW, I fixed the code so the link would show properly. ^^)
Thanks for posting this and letting us know!! smile.gif

ETA: Aug 4. 2007
One more addition to 2007 Royai Day Fanart cllection!! By CodenameElizabeth.
Click to view attachment

2007 Royai Day Fanart contributions.

From CodenameElizabeth
Click to view attachment
"Royai OMG" by CodenameElizabeth
Click to view attachment
"Royai Day Lineart" by CodenameElizabeth

From KeoniClick to view attachment
"Happy Royai Day!" by keoni

From MeLRizA
Click to view attachment
"Royai Note" by MeLRizA

From musical alchemistClick to view attachment
"Royai!" by musical alchemist

From Ratzenheich FMA Super fan
Click to view attachment
"Roy and Riza 3" by Ratzenheich FMA Super fan
Click to view attachment
"Roy and Riza 4" by Ratzenheich FMA Super fan

From Reta McClain
Click to view attachment
"Royai" by Reta McClain

From Triss HawkeyeClick to view attachment
"Royai in the Rain" by Triss Hawkeye

From YukikoElric
Click to view attachment
"Royai in the Rain" by YukikoElric

`````````````````````````````````````````````````

2007 Royai Day "Rainy Day" Fanart Contest Winners:
(Contest by Valérie on Gun'n'Paperwork)

First Place, Over 16 yrs old: By SMTofu
Click to view attachment
"Rainy Day" Contest Winner, 1st Place Over 16: SMTofu

First Place, 16 and Under: By damagexxx
Click to view attachment
"Rainy Day" Contest Winner, 1st Place 16 & Under: damagexxx

Second Place, 16 and Under: By AnImE-lOvEr-FMA
Click to view attachment
"Rainy Day" Contest Winner, 2nd Place 16 & Under: AnImE-lOvEr-FMA

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.