Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fun In The Blazing Sun
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Open Talk
Pages: 1, 2
Mistress of Darkness
Well, summer's officially here!

My first official act of being out of school/ summer was going to an Anime Con, which was great.

But in the future, this summer, I'm supposed to be working in an office as a receptionist (I'm in high school, can't you tell? ^_~). Hopefully it'll keep me busy this summer and I'll make money, too. ^.^ I'm also going to Boston for a week at the end of August with my family. I can't wait.

Oh yeah, and I have to read two books for school, but I don't mind - I like reading. =D

Enough about me, what are you going to do this summer/ what are your plans?
The RZA
u just got out 4 summa
Carnal Malefactor
f*ck summer.

oppressive heat/humidity, insects, people with b.o., hurricanes... summer blows.
silver bg
summer rocks, don't post to much to busy
Mistress of Darkness
Yes, Mahou, I just got out. Unlike all the other schools in the country, mine begins two days after labor day. I go to public school. State and federal requirements make us go to school for 180 days. Do the math. *sigh*

Now if I was in college, I'd already have been out for a month or something. But I'm not in college. XD
Elderberry
Hehe. I'm still in school, actually. I have another 2 days. happy.gif One more final to take, and then a half day that's just kind of...there...smile.gif
Quistis88
Just because people are in college doesn't always mean they get an extra month off or anything. Shame, that. Then again, it was my own choice.
Gato Gurl914
ahhh to be young. (is only 18 O_o) i have a job and work a lot, but i do get days off. meh, life is pretty good right now. i like winter better, because then i can use my wool-filled quilt. mmmmmm comfy.
silver bg
still summer is cool
Fresh_Coffee
T_______T My summer hasn't even started yet! My summer starts on June.29th *cowers away* Then again, Quis won't be having a summer. )=
Zarpia
QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Jun 22 2005, 12:03 AM)
f*ck summer.

oppressive heat/humidity, insects, people with b.o., hurricanes... summer blows.
[snapback]197044[/snapback]

At least you are free to run from all that tongue.gif
ἀρχή
Summer Sucks!

I get to spend the summer getting original copies of contracts wet with my sweat. I hate summer! Too hot and humid!
edsgirl
There is no such thing as a summer vacation in my case. I go to work, I go to dance, I play with my kid, and then I have to go home and do stuff like mowing the lawn. It's a pain in the ass and it's so damn hot outside. I can't wait for Autumn! tongue.gif
branden
summer is the gayst there should be school all year around
mongooseboi
i love waking up at 1130 everyday. summer is awesome. :]
Yorotoshi
Yeah... you gotta love waking up late. XD
Summer's been good for me, though I've been on the computerall the time, bugs keep attacking me, and the air conditioner broke. sleep.gif
zombie
it is not summer its winter
branden u r a nutter
Jen_Elric
Well, summer for me means work, work and more work. *sigh* I never get a REAL vacation.
Lyndsie_Elric
Summer rules! Staying up late, sleeping in, no school, warmth (where I live it's a blessing! X_X), you get to go out with your friends more often, thunder storms... Not to mention anime conventions! -sigh- What more can you ask for!?
ἀρχή
Have I mentioned how much I hate summer? laugh.gif

It's supposed to be very humid this weekend sad.gif. I think I'm going to move into my refridgerator for a while.

Worse thing about summer is all those pesky brats out of school running around with nothing better to do than cause trouble. I wish school was year round just to keep them away from me. tongue.gif

So if your one of those pesky brats who's getting summer off, be warned, I'm an angry old man looking to emotionally scar you for life mad.gif laugh.gif
Carnal Malefactor
I caught a cold. How the hell did that happen!?
Dreakon
Ever since we got A/C the summer has been much more bareable. I love staying up late and sleeping in! biggrin.gif
ἀρχή
I have A/C too, but I don't like having my electric bill go through the roof ohmy.gif
Bitter Asian Lady
QUOTE(arche @ Jun 23 2005, 08:14 AM)
Worse thing about summer is all those pesky brats out of school running around with nothing better to do than cause trouble. I wish school was year round just to keep them away from me. tongue.gif

So if your one of those pesky brats who's getting summer off, be warned, I'm an angry old man looking to emotionally scar you for life mad.gif laugh.gif

Why can't there be angry old men like you in my neighborhood? laugh.gif Then again, I live across from an school, so I think the children will avoid it like small pox.

QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Jun 23 2005, 08:14 AM)
I caught a cold. How the hell did that happen!?

Haha. Get well soon.

QUOTE(Dreakon @ Jun 23 2005, 09:22 AM)
Ever since we got A/C the summer has been much more bareable.  I love staying up late and sleeping in! biggrin.gif

You also love rubbing it in, it seems. tongue.gif Enjoy it while it lasts, kids.

QUOTE(arche @ Jun 23 2005, 09:59 AM)
I have A/C too, but I don't like having my electric bill go through the roof ohmy.gif

Unlike all you fortunate people, I have no A/C. However, I do have a portable electric fan or two.
~FMAgurl~
Summer means staying up reeally late and getting up at like 3 in the afternoon laugh.gif I go on the computer in between.
Mistress of Darkness
What, no bacon - yeah, I caught a cold at the end of April and then again in the middle of May. I want to know how the hell that happened! lol.
mei_tenshi
Colds in the summer suck. It's the worst weather condition possible to be sick. I've had my fair share of those. dry.gif

For the past week and a half, I've been alternating my time from reading old books dug out from the garage, watching TV programs that require zero brain usage, watching my cousin's anime and my brother's anime and...driving practice. If I stick to my dad's daily regimen, I might actually get my license soon. Maybe.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
As much as I hated school as a kid one thing I do miss is having all the time off such as Christmas vacation, spring break and the whole summer off.

I love the summer luckily it doesn't get too hot here mostly in the 70's and 80's. No A/C, which can suck on the really hot days but I have a big fan so it all works out, and thank god no humidity when people say "it's not the heat it's the humidity" they're not kidding.

@ Bacon,

I'm also getting over a cold, how does that happen?
Ed#1Fan2.0
SUMMER ROCKS!!! No school,staying up late and doing nothing.But i do wish 2 still have it.i got out like a month ago and barly ever see my friends.when at school we always talk and have classes and lunch together WWAAAAHHHHH i miss them.but summer still rocks cuz my birthday is in may smile.gif pluse summer is just fun.and how do ppl get sick over summer break?never happened 2 me personally but how does it happen?!
The_golden_alchemist
QUOTE(Ed#1Fan2.0 @ Jun 24 2005, 06:18 PM)
SUMMER ROCKS!!! No school,staying up late and doing nothing.But i do wish 2 still have it.i got out like a month ago and barly ever see my friends.when at school we always talk and have classes and lunch together WWAAAAHHHHH i miss them.but summer still rocks cuz my birthday is in may smile.gif pluse summer is just fun.and how do ppl get sick over summer break?never happened 2 me personally but how does it happen?!
[snapback]199001[/snapback]

yeah summer is great isn't it? You get to sit back and relax and watch shows everyday and blah yeah pretty much excitement all day but I love summer! smile.gif
Quistis88
. . . you kids really know how to rub it in. mellow.gif tongue.gif
Elderberry
Yay! For me, summer vacation has now officially begun! laugh.gif

What shall I do now...rolleyes.gif
edsgirl
QUOTE(Elderberry @ Jun 24 2005, 10:56 PM)
Yay!  For me, summer vacation has now officially begun! laugh.gif

What shall I do now...rolleyes.gif
[snapback]199152[/snapback]

Absolutely nothing biggrin.gif Enjoy it while you can. Once your an adult there is no such thing as a summer vacation sad.gif

EDIT: Your lucky!
LoMXD
summer is greatr for all the kids but not for the adults. I just hate the heat and how long the days seem, (especially at night when I waiting to watch FMA)
zombie
QUOTE(mongooseboi @ Jun 23 2005, 06:39 PM) [snapback]197684[/snapback]

i love waking up at 1130 everyday. summer is awesome. :]

For me that not because I want too but because I have too. I work night shift in the holidays and I finish anwhere from 10-12:45pm
QUOTE(Envy @ Jun 25 2005, 05:09 AM) [snapback]198778[/snapback]

@ Bacon,
I'm also getting over a cold, how does that happen?

I had to study the common cold in science so i know this.
You stayed in a room that is not ventilated very well, with a lot of other people, you touched your nose and/or eyes with your hands and or some sneezed on you.
Migchao
Since the last day of school came, I was wondering what you all would be doing or planning to be doing? Going to the beach? Thinking of lazing around in the house and going in the pool on a daily basis? Going to be watching the destruction, bored, that hurricanes will be causing (Here in Florida, we have MANY hurricanes...Wilma *two days we had to live off of meat on the grill, cookies, milk and no electricity* and Katrina *a lake of a neighborhood with everything broken*)? What're you going to be doing on this school-out summer?
I'm thinking of going to Spain with my family, or Argentina. I'm scared to death of planes, but maybe my cousin will come!

Merged. My, how time flies...X3
asunder
Well I know I'm not alone in this...(I hope)
I don't have a summer vacation.

So enjoy them while you can kiddies.
Migchao
Wow, merged already? Poor Asu...summervacationless! <----Word in Kitty language.
Miriamele
In Canada, college/uni people get out the beginning of May, but all the kids have to go to the very end of June.

But I'm glad that they're not out yet, because now that I'm a parent, I see summer somewhat differently...my VERY talkative daughter will be home all day, every day...I kind of like having some quiet every day when she goes to school! dry.gif

As for the season of summer itself, I don't like it--too hot and sticky, and then there are all the bugs...mosquitoes, for some reason, love me more than any other person on Earth. blink.gif Spring and Fall are the only seasons I enjoy.
Envy's lil' miniskirt
I hope to do some camping this summer and maybe go surfing one last time before I sell my surf board.

Enjoy your summer vacation guys. You won't get one once you become an adult and join the workforce. sad.gif
quiddityofquid
And WE do not yet have summer vacation... soon... so soon...

I hate summer though, as a season. Too hot, to humid, and just generally icky.
Toby-Chan
QUOTE(Envy's lil' miniskirt @ May 24 2006, 04:22 PM) [snapback]400372[/snapback]

I hope to do some camping this summer and maybe go surfing one last time before I sell my surf board.

Enjoy your summer vacation guys. You won't get one once you become an adult and join the workforce. sad.gif

Unless you become an eccentric but successful well respected freelance artist and can declare summer vacation whenever the heck you want. <3

If only...
Envy's lil' miniskirt
Once the two of us figure that one out we'll be set! tongue.gif
Toby-Chan
Ooh, I'll find some way to BS the world into thinking my art is brilliant. Then I'll be set and people will be rooting through my rubbish to find napkin doodles to sell on ebay. *Rubs palms together greedily*
Envy's lil' miniskirt
It's probably not a difficult as you think. wink.gif
Molecular Alchemist
I'm an adult....I have summer vacation...and I'm spending it in the lab and work....so...I guess that means that I really DON'T have summer vacation. Dammit dry.gif Oh well, this is the closest im getting to the beach *puts tubes in water bath* biggrin.gif
phoenix dying
I'm going to see if they are going to let me work full time or at least 40+ hours at my enployment, cause i need the money for college. So there is going to be a summer vacation, i'll just be working the whole time...
Toby-Chan
*Sigh*

And again I'm reminded of how I missed the perfect summer job opportunity.

IT WAS PERFECT, I SWEAR!
Molecular Alchemist
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ May 24 2006, 07:37 PM) [snapback]400474[/snapback]

*Sigh*

And again I'm reminded of how I missed the perfect summer job opportunity.

IT WAS PERFECT, I SWEAR!

You want mine???? I'll gladly give it to you so that all I would have to do is my thesis work happy.gif
Lord Odenetheus
Yup, yup, summer IS good. Though I prefer it when it's really rainy(as it usually is here in Sweden, we have tropical summers, for some odd reason.), it's really cozy to sit indoors and play games like FFVII, FFVIII, and FFX. Also, when you wake up at like... 5:20 as I do, you really have a lot of time to spend each day! happy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.