Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 71 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2
Tombow
@Dark Night Alchemist - Of course, Winry is a smart girl (if/when she wants to)!! happy.gif

I also like to credit Ed and Al's actings, especially Ed's acting ability for fooling Kimbley in this chapter!! Although, at times the storyline in this chapter seems a bit too convenient, but we get some funny moments when Ed and Al meet up with Mei and the gang!! I like having this kind of "slapsticks" moments on FMA once in a while! happy.gif
Reta McClain
This chapter makes me love Ed even more <33333 Now he has: kick ass martial arts skills, clappy alchemy, caring heart, good looks and acting skills! xDDDDDDDDD Who would ask anything more from a guy?

Tentacle rape.... yay! (well, almost rape *pouts*) Pride is cool but so is Riza. Olivier and Winry are cool too (How come Arakawa-sensei has the coolest female characters?! Who cares, we love Hagaren for that <3333) Now we are just missing Ran Fan >.<

Seriously, Chapter 71 is one of my best birthday presents ever! Thank you for a wonderful scanlation, ZOMGFTA!
Tombow
Chapter 71 scanlation at ZOMGFT is done!!
Thank you, ZOMGFT!!! happy.gif
Zachelle
Just read chapter 71.. I kinda feel left behind tongue.gif Great chapter!!
The conversation between Ed and Kimblee is just great. Kimblee admitted that he is a heretic XD

OMG at the AlxMei!! So cute!! And also EdxWin, though I prefer AlXMei tongue.gif
Maybe Al's beginning to get popular with the girls now biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Amethyst Sunset @ May 16 2007, 06:53 PM) [snapback]543799[/snapback]
And...Pride, if Roy sees you...let's just say you'll see how Lust died. >=D A personal demonstration.

lol. I agree. Pride's gonna be turned to charcoal if Roy sees him, uhm, harassing his Riza XDD
Sensenic
Click to view attachment

*bows to Arakawa sensei and the zomgfta girls*
An image like this has been needed for certain replies for a long while now.
Chiisana
QUOTE(Amethyst Sunset @ May 16 2007, 03:53 AM) [snapback]543799[/snapback]
Awwww, more Al/Mei love. <3 XD And she said that Ed wasn't her type...apparently she likes taller men.

Don't know if Ed is taller than Winry now or not. But it's clear that Winry likes Ed (._.)

I did love to support Al/Mei if Mei could just those pathethic imagination tongue.gif They're kinda annoying Hey! We don't know how old Mei is O_o perhaps little girl like her always daydreams like that? tongue.gif
Amethyst Sunset
Zachelle - Awww, who wouldn't love Al? To quote Ed in episode 5 of the anime, Al is "kindness in a can"! XD

I'm all for watching Roy turning Pride into charcoal. Who's with me? XDDDDD

Sensenic - Hahaha! XDDDDD Kimblee, a Homunculus?

Chiisana - Winry's in denial. XD Yeah, I think she's taller in the anime.

Well...maybe when Al and Mei are older...but for now, it's...uh, infatuation? XD
Dark Night Alchemist
Ooooh, Zomgfta have it translated? Must remember to check that out later! I read another scanlation, but I trust zomg's translations the most so I always read theirs =D

Heh... that chapter was a bit convenient though. I mean, Arakawa coulda milked that escape for all that its worth... But then of course, she's such a talented writer she doesn't need to =P

Why didn't Kimblee go with Ed and Al anyway? It was pretty obvious they were gonna try to escape =/

I bet it's all part of his master plan cool.gif Thinkin' they can fool the Crimson Alchemist! No chance!
Of course, I take that back if it turns out there was no sneaky plan behind letting them escape o.o

And oui, in the anime, Winry is taller than Ed but in the manga they're the same. At least they were.

But its not funny any more if Ed gets taller than her!!!

And how old is Mei any way? She's pretty clever even if she doesn't look much older than Elysia... I'm gonna hazard a guess and say she's 10.
Which would make her 4 years younger than Al.
Unless he grew (I pay a lot of attention, as you can see)
... 4 years isn't so bad.

But then I've always thought it'd be a cool ending if Alphonse died, that'd be totally 'WOAH'.

No hope for Mei-chan!
Sannom
Why didn't Kimblee go with Ed and Al anyway? It was pretty obvious they were gonna try to escape =/

The vicious thing for Kimblee to do : he takes back everyone to the fort (but there is something I don't understand : how do they plan to return to the fort with Winry and May? Winry would have to explain why she went with the brothers!), Alphonse carrying May in his armor. They make a debriefing immediatly, and at the end Kimblee gives THE order : "Alphonse, can I look in your armor? I just have something to check...". He discovers May, she is put in cell, and there is no more hope! So vicious Kimblee!!!! I an imagine him to do this!
TheSnig
I got the impression that this chapter was setting up for whatever will happen in the next chapter.
I'm assuming no one knows about how much longer fma will keep going....?
ehxhfdl14
@Dark Night Alchemist - Of course, Winry is a smart girl (if/when she wants to)!!

I also like to credit Ed and Al's actings, especially Ed's acting ability for fooling Kimbley in this chapter!! Although, at times the storyline in this chapter seems a bit too convenient, but we get some funny moments when Ed and Al meet up with Mei and the gang!! I like having this kind of "slapsticks" moments on FMA once in a while!
Yup! When times get too depressing, it's good to see some funny moments. And of course Winry would be smart.
I mean, she's a genius too, in a way. How many 16-year olds do you see making automail of her quality?

I'm assuming no one knows about how much longer fma will keep going....?

I heard that it was going to end sometime between 80~100.
Chiisana
Well I do know that Winry still is taller than Ed in the anime (were they same height in the movie?).
As in manga, if they're same height right now, it's like 'no problem' for Winry to like Edward after she claimed that she doesn't want a boyfriend that is shorter than her. But if Ed becomes taller than Winry in the manga, it would be obivous, at least to me, that they will end up together for sure. I wonder why...

Of course there is still posibility that it won't happen. It's just speculation. The one who know the answer must be Hiromu-sensei anyway.
Amalthea
I'm starting to think that Ed is going to surpass Winry's height. At least, I kind of hope he does.

Anyway, read this chapter a couple nights ago. Love Kimbley's role in the story. With his sharp mind he's really testing Ed's ability to stay on his toes. I wonder if the homunculus Pride has an ability similar to Dante's in the anime; to jump from body to body. It's still hard to take in the fact that a creature with the appearance of an innocent ten-year-old boy is the most powerful and deadly off all the homunculi. Still, I like how Riza is the first to be exposed to such a secret!
Zealshadow
I doubt Pride possesses people. Why would be care about keeping his identity secret if he just possesses people.
Why possess Selim in the first place?(Not very prideful.) Where would his stone be?
Tombow
*cough*
Reminder that we also have Manga's Pride, what is it? thread. biggrin.gif
Dark Night Alchemist
I heard it was going to end at around chapter 80... which is why I think there's gonna be something big going on in Briggs x)

Woooooot

I hope Ed gets taller than Winry happy.gif
Porgand
I hope Ed will grow taller than Winry too biggrin.gif

Just think about how happy Ed would be!
imaginaesto
I love how Al got his girl!! He always wanted one hehe laugh.gif and they have things in common Alchemy, love to pick up and care for animals!! I wonder if they will eventually remember Yoki ! tongue.gif It's amazing how the earlier chapter come up again!!

I think Mei is like Ed. Small for her age, a a little bit youger than AL but not my much.
Animeoldtimer
Al amd Mei, Winry and Ed. I like it. If Ed got a LOT taller than Winry it could be even funnier---be careful what you wish for! laugh.gif Suddenly, Al gets his body back and Ed goes through an amazing growth spurt! Winry keeps having to change his automail every two days to keep up! tongue.gif
AudioAlchemist
is that all chapter71 or more?
Tombow
QUOTE(AudioAlchemist @ Jun 2 2007, 01:44 PM) [snapback]549337[/snapback]
is that all chapter71 or more?

Good question! biggrin.gif Yeah, t feels it's chopped off at the end, does it??
Though, it seems that's all for chpater 71, the reason being, at the bottom of page 39, after the panel with Scar's close up face, its said in Japanese, "Continues to the July issue, (which is next month's magazine) coming out, June 12, Tuesday!!" and usually that means that's the end of the chapter.
But, yes, I know what you mean!! biggrin.gif
Michiyo-
First time FMA manga readers, please post your thoughts and discussions on chapter 71 here. smile.gif

Those who have already read further chapters are also welcome to join the discussions, but please do not post any future chapter content on this thread.

This thread is Spoiler Party thread for chapter 71 content, meaning, posters do not have to use Spoiler tags while posting about chapter 71 content on this thread. smile.gif

For the reading reference, please send a PM to A Pierrot's Aria and ask for "Reading Reference Assistance for week 66."
(For more detailed explanation on this, please read Tombow's post here.)

Thank you, A Pierrot’s Aria, for all your help!! ^^
Michiyo-
reserved for chapter information
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.