Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tsubasa Chronicles
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime > Let's discuss your fav anime series here!
Pages: 1, 2
Triss Hawkeye
Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle (ツバサ-RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE- Tsubasa: Rezaboa Kuronikuru?) The animation studio Bee Train adapted the manga series into a two-season anime television series Tsubasa Chronicle (ツバサ・クロニクル Tsubasa Kuronikuru?) spanning fifty-two episodes in total. Both seasons were written by Hiroyuki Kawasaki and directed by Kōichi Mashimo, with Hiroshi Morioka joining on as co-director for the second season. The music for the series was composed by Yuki Kajiura. The first season aired Saturday nights at 18:30 on NHK from April 9, 2005, to October 15, 2005, and spanned twenty-six episodes. The second season began on April 29, 2006, at 18:30 and concluded on November 4, 2006. It spanned twenty-six episodes.
(Source - Wiki)

List of Characters

Plot Summary: Syaoran, a boy who wants to become an archeologist, and Sakura, a princess from the Clow Kingdom, are childhood friends with a close relationship. On a fateful night, Sakura lost all her memories as a result of a conspiracy to obtain her powers. In order to regain her memory, Syaoran seeks help from the witch, Yuuko. Yuuko tells Syaoran that he has to travel from one alternate reality to another to collect fragments of Sakura's memory. However, even if Sakura regains her memory, she will have no recollection of Syaoran. Travelling together with them is Kurogane, a warrior who was exiled from his country, and Fye, a magician who wants to escape from his King. With the help of a magical creature, Mokona, they set off on an exciting journey through time and space.

Genres: adventure, drama, fantasy, mystery, romance
Themes: bishounen, giant weapons, magic, other worlds, sorcery
Episodes: 52
Age Rating: PG
(Source - ANN)

-------------------

So, who's into this anime that links all of CLAMP's works together? I am in love with the story and the characters (especially the relationships between Syaoran/Sakura and Kurogane/Fay). Also, who's looking forward to the FUNimation English dub? Thankfully, I don't think they're pulling a Cardcaptors this time, and there's one thing that'll make me watch it no matter what: VIC MIGNOGNA!!! AS FAY!!! OH YEAH!!!
</fangirl moment>

Also, who else is listing Mokona's 108 secret skills? So far off the top of my head in no particular order:

1. Super Aspiration
2. Extreme Acting
3. Super magnetism
4. Travelling to other dimensions
5. Imitating people's voices
6. Understanding lonely people

...that's all I can think of right now.

Nekokitty
Mmm, sorry, I don't like the anime for Tsubasa. It disappointed me.
And Vic as Fai, I dunno, it doesn't seem right.
They should have picked a different actor for him.
Amethyst Sunset
I have yet to read the manga (except volume 4 or 5), but I think the anime was okay. I'll still prefer FMA over it, but yeah. The best thing about the anime is the soundtrack.

Syaoran/Sakura PWNS YOUR OTP. XD And I like how Kurogane is always annoyed at Fai and Mokona.

I myself am looking forward to the dub though. I'd like to hear how Vic will pull off his role as Fai...it's getting really interesting 'cause many VAs from FMA (after all, it's Funimation-dubbed as well) are in Tsubasa. If I'm not mistaken...

Jason Liebrecht (sp?) - Alfons Heiderich/Syaoran
Monica Rial - Dante/Lyra/Sakura
Vic Mignogna - Ed/Fai
Chris Sabat - Armstrong/Kurogane
Colleen Clinkenbeard Hawkeye/Rose/Yuko
Triss Hawkeye
I heard an English trailer for the dub (it was on FUNimation's myspace or something but it's not there anymore) and I didn't hear many of the characters, but Yuuko was very good.

I agree the anime isn't as good as the manga, and there are a lot of fillers, although they are good fillers considering some series have really rubbish ones. I think the only thing I really didn't like was how they ended the library arc. But otherwise, it was OK. I often find that anime aren't as good as manga anyway, so I wasn't that disappointed. And the awesome soundtrack and the thought of Vic as Fay makes up for EVERYTHING. <3
yukialchemist
I watched a bit of that it was really good and I took an instant liking to it. Mokona always annoying Kurogane. That cracks me up. Though Fay is weird always smiling but I still think he's cool though. Syaroan is a lot nicer and cares deeply for Sakura he was never nice in CardCaptors but I like this just as much as CardCaptors. So i'm glad to see though it osunds better in japanese all shows do. Cha!
Shinobimelxi
I agree with Nekokitty, Fai wouldv'e been better off with another voice. But then i also disagree, because Vic is such a good VA in FUNimations, that i'd rather have the character sound like he's talking and not reading a sloppy hand written note.
The cast does seem wierd, but people get used to it.
And be glad its FUNimation and not the ones who voice pokemon or One Piece.

FullmetalOtaku
Hey!! I've heard about this from my friend!! She really likes it! smile.gif
Amethyst Sunset
It seems that more cast members are joining the Funimation English dub...including Laura Bailey (Lust) and Sonny Strait (Maes Hughes).

No way, Laura's doing Primera! biggrin.gif This I've got to hear.
Zachelle
I've only started to watched the anime a while back tongue.gif I think I'm still on episode 18 or 19, I'm not sure.
It's okay, I guess. Syaoran's so polite, and nice. Unlike his character in CCS, I was a bit surprised with the character change biggrin.gif Fay kind of reminds me of Tamaki from Ouran HSHC tongue.gif With the hair and his clothes look a bit like the middle school uniform in Ouran biggrin.gif Mokona(feather sensor tongue.gif ) seems a lot like Ririn (bount sensor) from Bleach and they're both annoying biggrin.gif
Nekokitty
@Amethyst Sunset: The cast that was just added makes me want to see the dub even more out of curiousity.
@Zachelle: I recommend you read the manga. Around volume 13 it starts getting so angsty, it puts FMA to shame. Srsly. tongue.gif
Triss Hawkeye
@Amethyst Sunset: Cool, this is turning out to be one of those rare good dubs, I hope! smile.gif
Amethyst Sunset
Yeah, I bet this dub will be as good as FMA. happy.gif

Aye, I'm done with season 1 and I'm starting on season 2. And yes, I'm searching for Tsubasa scans.

Is the manga over yet? I heard it is.
Nekokitty
@Amethyst Sunset: The manga's still going.
Chapter 153 is due to come out this week.
PM me and I could give you a link to a site that has a chapters up to the most current one.
@Triss Hawkeye: Oh god, your avatar of Fai is so cute. <3

I'm really curious to hear what Seishiro sounds like know.
It's a shame that anime ended before the acid Tokyo arc even started. It's one of the best arcs that happen in the manga.
Emily_BrokenAngel
I like Tsubasa Chronicle happy.gif
I have seen it only in japanese not in English but I know the cast n_
Yeah Vic as Fye.... Nah...

Anyway... I love Fye!! He is sooo cute!!
Hey! Dont start with th kurofye
Please!!! sad.gif
Zachelle
^ Yeah. I like Fay too. Don't want KuroFay >.<

Oh. Tsubasa's manga still on going? But the anime's finished? Hmm. Now I want to read the manga as well biggrin.gif
Can you PM me the link, Nekokitty?

And I also love your avvie of Fay Triss Hawkeye.

Hyuu~! tongue.gif
Triss Hawkeye
@Nekokitty: I don't know for certain, but I was pretty sure there was a third season coming out next month...here's to hoping it exists and that they didn't mess up the Tokyo arc! smile.gif

Why not KuroFai? >D

Joke. biggrin.gif
Tombow
@Mjcool - Cool pics!! biggrin.gif

BTW, if you post oversize pics (wider than 500 pix) as Image, it often stretches the forum page. To prevent that, if the pic is 500 pix or wider, try posting it as an Attachment (if using ADDREPLY) or as a link. smile.gif

To see how to use Attachment function, you can check out How to post pics as Attachment (post #2). biggrin.gif
Amethyst Sunset
Nekokitty - Scans, please. happy.gif Thanks!

Well, there are still huge blanks in the English cast list...I'm anxious to see who plays Touya. And Chun-yung (sp?).

Kurogane/Tomoyo! <3 Not sure who to pair up with Fai though. Definitely not Kuro. XD I mean, for me.
Triss Hawkeye
@Amethyst Sunset: Yes, he seems to be a bit of an odd one out - there's Chii, but since he created her (or at least one version of her) I don't think the relationship could be romantic. For yaoi fans there's always the mystery of Ashura and what relationship Fay had with him...

Knowing CLAMP there is probably a 50/50 chance of it turning out shounen-ai. tongue.gif
Nekokitty
Hey KuroFai is the best BL pairing in Tsubasa. >D
Plus there's TouyaYukito, SeishiroSubaru, KamuiFuma, and KamuiSubaru!

I hope it's ok to post a link the scan site. Then again, they have FMA ones here.
http://groups.msn.com/TsubasaReservoirChroniclesOnlineManga
That's the site enjoy.
Oh and speaking of Fai/Ashura [spoiler]at the end of chapter 153, they return to Fai's world~![/spoiler]
In the meantime enjoy this lovely picture of Fai and Ashura together. ;P
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p183/Ne..._10_Outubro.jpg

Triss Hawkeye
@Nekokitty: Yeah, that's the image which definitely suggests there's a relationship between the two. And that's the site I read it at too. ^^
Nekokitty
^Yup and that's why I love that picture. <3
It's so purdy and canon. *fangirls*
Triss Hawkeye
@Nekokitty: That's the best thing - people might accuse you of random shipping - Ah! But it's canon! Look...

;D
Zachelle
Nekokitty nice picture!! tongue.gif OMG FayxAshura!! tongue.gif
I'll read the manga too.

And yeah for Tomoyo/Kurogane.

And, uh, is the anime finished at that? Kinda feels empty.
Nekokitty
Ugh...TomoyoxKurogane....sorry...I dislike that pairing as much as FaixChii.....sleep.gif;
@Zachelle: Yes you do that! The manga is totally made of win!
@Triss Hawkeye: Eh, I'm a random shipper for almost every series I'm into. <3
Kenji
So this thing is out finally... ^.^

Thread incorporated into Anime Thread Directory
Amethyst Sunset
Nekokitty - Also a random 'shipper. XD Mwahaha. And, love the pic!

As for the anime...will it branch out into a different plot from the manga and end that way, like FMA, or not?
Menelvir
QUOTE(Zachelle @ May 22 2007, 05:06 PM) [snapback]546071[/snapback]
I've only started to watched the anime a while back tongue.gif I think I'm still on episode 18 or 19, I'm not sure.
It's okay, I guess. Syaoran's so polite, and nice. Unlike his character in CCS, I was a bit surprised with the character change biggrin.gif Fay kind of reminds me of Tamaki from Ouran HSHC tongue.gif With the hair and his clothes look a bit like the middle school uniform in Ouran biggrin.gif Mokona(feather sensor tongue.gif ) seems a lot like Ririn (bount sensor) from Bleach and they're both annoying biggrin.gif

I just have to comment about Rinrin and Mokona. Rinrin's much much more anoying than Mokona. At least the latter is seriously useful. And cute. And provides more comic relief, especially in the scenes with Kurogane. But if you want to talk about level of irritability, Kon wins hands down.

About the series, I prefered the manga. Heard that CLAMP didn't like the anime (which was done by another studio, Bee Train, I believe) so much they cancelled season three. But I like the way the characters have changed from their original serieses (sp?). Syaoran and Sakura, for example, have definitely matured. Especially Syaoran.
Triss Hawkeye
Yeah, I heard CLAMP decided to cancel a third series. It's a shame. Maybe they'll find another studio to make a third series...I really hope so, although I don't think there's a high chance. Oh well, we still have the manga.
Menelvir
Nekokitty, thanks for posting that link! I've been dying to know what happens after volume 15 of the manga. I always buy the Chinese translations (translated by a local company), but they've stopped after volume 15, and I've no idea why. Probably staffing problems?

Yea, I hope we can have a Tsubasa series 3 too! But I think for now, the manga's good enough for me. =)
Amethyst Sunset
Aye, 'tis possible another studio could make the third season, but yeah, at least we still have the manga. =D Which I shall get around to reading...

Oh, and Funimation put up their Tsubasa site!

http://www.tsubasaonline.com
Nekokitty
^The Tsubasa site has been up for a while....mellow.gif
But I see they added that extra link. Glad to see they're trying to introduce people to CLAMP's other works.

I don't think there will a be a third season for the anime.
It's more likely to be an OVA done by another animation studio. And it'll be way better [spoiler]if it's the Acid Tokyo arc when Subaru and Kamui from X/1999 appear. wub.gif[/spoiler]
Triss Hawkeye
@Nekokitty: Yeah, that's good to see.

[spoiler]I love the Acid Tokyo arc too! Here's hoping this one doesn't get too messed up if it gets animated![/spoiler]
Nekokitty
Tsubasa dubbed clip
I definely don't like Vic as Fai now. :/

Oh and I heard a rumor that an announcement concerning the Tsubasa anime will be made next Friday when volume 19 is released in Japan. Can't wait to see what kind. :3
Zachelle
^ thanks for the link.
I don't like Vic as Fai too. Sounds so un-Fai-ish tongue.gif
SMtofu
^ I also don't like Vic as Fai. >_< Every time I hear him, I'm reminded of Ed. xD Anyways I didn't like any of the voices in there. They all sounded a bit stiff when saying their lines. It might be due to the fact I watched the subbed version first though that I'm so picky. =\
Zachelle
^ I know what you mean. I second everything that you said. Even Primera's voice is kind of weird (for me). I think it's a bit annoying >.<
Amethyst Sunset
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v596774hF7zzQjj

^ Episode 1, dubbed

I'm poking around with my computer a bit so the sound's all right, but yeah, I dug up this link while looking for Tsubasa dubbed episodes and Youtube is being a meanie right now for me D=

EDIT: Hmmm...most of the voice cast is all right for me. I guess it's all a matter of getting used to the dub.
LastExile
Yeah, I'm not fond of Vic as well. He really does remind you a lot of Ed. The voice actor I can't stand though is Monica Rial as Sakura...her voice gives me the shivers. Luckily, you don't have to listen to her much at the beginning anyway laugh.gif!

@Amethyst Sunset: Thats a good find, although the the first volume in English was released on DVD May 22nd. They did go along with the manga but they cut out a lot of the good stuff, and explanations. They even cut out Mokona's best lines too T_T.

I'm not sure if I like the manga better or not, and the anime series was much better in Japanese anyway (That's what I think). Although the manga had a lot more story line to it, and it was very entertaining happy.gif.
Amethyst Sunset
What sort of scared me about Sakura is that Monica Rial, her voice actress, was Lyra/Dante in FMA. XDDDDDD

Vic's Fai does remind me of Ed...when he's not throwing a fit. XD
LastExile
laugh.gif I didn't know that. Well she's definitly not a Lyra/Dante! XDDDDD

I'm sure Fai will throw a fit sooner or later laugh.gif. Then we can say: There's Ed!!!! XDDDDD
Nekokitty
Actually the only ones I liked were Sakura & Yuuko. mellow.gif

But Vic is a big failure as Fai.
Syaoran sounds boring, Kurogane sounds too deep, and Mokona sounded like he was on crack. :/
What went wrong with this dub? After FMA and Fruits Basket came out good, what happened to Tsubasa.
Amethyst Sunset
LastExile - Unfortunately, Fai isn't exactly the kind of person to throw a fit. It's strange, really...Vic does two characters who are almost total polar opposites of each other in terms of personality. XDDDD

Nekokitty - Colleen did a very good job as Yuuko (I did imagine Yuuko sounding a bit like Riza Hawkeye XD), I agree.

I don't know...isn't Kurogane's voice supposed to be deep? ^^;;;

At least Sakura's voice isn't too high; in the Animax English dub she sounded too much like a little girl.
Menelvir
Ooo... Tsubasa dubbed! Thanks for the heads up, guys!

I have never watched FMA dubbed, so I don't know how Vic sounds as Ed. But in my opinion, you'll never find two characters that are more different. (In height, for example) And LastExile, I don't think Fai has ever thrown a fit. He's too cool(-headed) for that. I'll give you my take on Vic as Fai once the video loads!

EDIT: ah, the wonders of YouTube. I watched the above mentioned Fai vs Primera fight, and found an episode of FMA on YouTube too. A found Vic's voice a tad too mature for the Fullmetal shorty, and a tad too serious for calm, airy Fai. But then again, maybe I'm just not used to American dubs. Guess I'll be sticking to my fansubs for a while.

EDIT 2: Yea, I'm just not used to Vic's voice. I finished up the FMA episode (episode 34, the one with Greed vs. Ed). I think Vic carried off the emotional scene towards the end of the episode rather well. And by then I had gotten used to hearing English everytime the characters opened their mouths. However, given a choice, I'll still choose a fansub any day.

Argh, this is getting off-topic!! Better run off before someone sues me for that!
Triss Hawkeye
Thanks for the link! ^^

Hmmm....Vic sounded kinda weird as Fay, but that's probably because I'm used to him as Ed. Kurogane was a bit deep, but not too bad. I liked Sakura, Syaoran and Yuuko's voices. Mokona is just...ouch. Still, I don't think it's a bad dub. I think it'll grow on me.
Amethyst Sunset
Although I did like the way he said, "Temper, temper!" to Kurogane in episode 3. XDDDDD

It's all a matter of getting used to the dub. ^^; It's strange really...I'm re-watching season 1 just so I can listen to the dub, and watching season 2 subbed. XD

And a Yuuko quote...

"So, what's it gonna be, tough guy?"

XDDDDDD
Triss Hawkeye
Yeah, I LOLed at that! laugh.gif

Actually, this dub growing on me. I think I'm gonna like it. ^^
Nekokitty
An OVA for Tsubasa has been announced!
http://chibiyuuto.livejournal.com/138792.html <-- Source.
It's going to be based on the Acid Tokyo!!
*fangirls*
It's going to come out later this year packaged with the special editions of vols. 21, 22 & 23 around November, so it's probably going to be a bit pricey.

Oh, and an Xxxholic one might be made as well.
Hanozo
Wow I usually just get really ticked off since DUBs always sounds bad to me, but holy crap this voice act is really nice happy.gif. I also noticed my favorite charaters voice (Kurogane) is the same VA for Piccolo for Dragon Ball Z lmao.

Anyways knows when 3rd season launch?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.