Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Personal Photo Problem
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Site Support Center > Technical Support & Questions
Naivete
Recently I've tried to change my personal photo but each time a little red box comes up which says:
"Upload failed. Please contact board administration for help"
or something along the lines of that.

Yes..I've kept to the size restrictions..the message still comes up.

So is it just my computer? unsure.gif
Tombow
QUOTE(baKa-neKoh @ May 3 2007, 04:44 AM) [snapback]538625[/snapback]
Recently I've tried to change my personal photo but each time a little red box comes up which says:
"Upload failed. Please contact board administration for help"
or something along the lines of that.

Yes..I've kept to the size restrictions..the message still comes up.

So is it just my computer? unsure.gif

It could be that the net connection was too slow?? That did happen to me before when I tried to upload an attachment, but my connection was too slow, and it got timed out.

Or, it could be some other reasons.
What was the type of your file??
Naivete

It could be that the net connection was too slow?? That did happen to me before when I tried to upload an attachment, but my connection was too slow, and it got timed out.
Nop.

Or, it could be some other reasons.
What was the type of your file??

Now that I think of it, they don't allow you to upload BMP files right? unsure.gif But I think there was a specific message for that particular error.. I'll check with a JPEG file. biggrin.gif

EDIT:
Yeap.. there wasn't the usual "only JPG, GIF..etc" notice on the Personal Photo page so I just uploaded BMP.
Thanks. happy.gif
Tombow
^^ Glad to be of some help. happy.gif
ScarMySoul
I can't change my personal photo on my profile.... I have a cable modem so its rather fast but when I try to change it, it takes a year to load and then it freezes my comupter.... Rather annoying... any suggestions?
Tombow
QUOTE(ScarMySoul @ May 13 2007, 08:56 PM) [snapback]542864[/snapback]
I can't change my personal photo on my profile.... I have a cable modem so its rather fast but when I try to change it, it takes a year to load and then it freezes my comupter.... Rather annoying... any suggestions?

Just to be sure, the pic file is within the max size of 150x150, and under 100k, with file type of .gif or .jpg or .jpeg or .png, correct?? unsure.gif (Board's resizing system may not always work, so it's a good idea to make the file within the max size before uploading it. ^^)
ScarMySoul
QUOTE(Tombow @ May 13 2007, 09:09 PM) [snapback]542921[/snapback]
QUOTE(ScarMySoul @ May 13 2007, 08:56 PM) [snapback]542864[/snapback]

Just to be sure, the pic file is within the max size of 150x150, and under 100k, with file type of .gif or .jpg or .jpeg or .png, correct?? unsure.gif (Board's resizing system may not always work, so it's a good idea to make the file within the max size before uploading it. ^^)

okay lol well that makes sense laugh.gif thanks Tombow
Tombow
^^ Glad I could help. biggrin.gif
Mat-Mat
Hey Tomboy, if you still do this kind of work, can you tell me how to change my personal photo? I can't seem to figure that one out. Please help me. huh.gif
Popogeejo
No one here called "Tomboy" but here is the answer you seek;
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...&CODE=photo
Mat-Mat
dry.gif Thanks. I made a type-o there and I was to lazy to change it! haha. tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.