Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Harvest Moon
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Game
Fushi
I checked around and there hasn't been a HM thread yet, so tadawada~

The game is about....farming. It is also one of the most addictive games ever despite this silly notion. You builds your mega farm, care for your livestock, grow crops, flirt with the ladies (who are totally in awe of your hoe), eventually marry one of them and have a kid who will never help you with your farm work because he's an ungrateful brat and you didn't spank him enough. All done in cute graphics. :3

Okay, so maybe that's not one of the greatest pictures to paint but still. For a farming game. HM is tons of fun and addictive as them drugs you hear about. The girls are usually really cute. (except Muffy. No one likes Muffy. If they do, they just want an easy lay.)

There are also girl versions, where you can flirt with guys.

So anyone else like it? I'm also curious, who has been your favorite bachelorette/bachelor? My favorite has always kinda been Elli and Doctor is the hot sh-t. Much better than that Cliff fella. ;P Leia the Mermaid is my favorite of the girls in the DS game (minus the Mineral Town girls) simply because..she's a mermaid. laugh.gif
Zarpia
Haha! Yes, I've play HM, is really cute and funny, but I got tired of it real quick >_> never finished it, tho that was not a problem coz my brother did. I want the DS version, but on my part it will only collect dust....but I know my brother will finish the darn game if I don't XD

The PS version was more tiring than the GC one, the days pass quickly as well, I love the horse there, really big help.
Colette
64 is my favorite. I was playing this game just the other game, actually <.<
Pigrider
Hey, just wondering, has anyone played both Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing? I've only played AC, and I'm wondering which one's better. ^^
Fushi
Haha! Yes, I've play HM, is really cute and funny, but I got tired of it real quick >_> never finished it, tho that was not a problem coz my brother did. I want the DS version, but on my part it will only collect dust....but I know my brother will finish the darn game if I don't XD

The PS version was more tiring than the GC one, the days pass quickly as well, I love the horse there, really big help.
Be forewarned, you will get even MORE tired of the DS version. XD It's bcause you gotta find those blasted Harvest Sprites. And it takes such a long time to get enough of them for the Harvest Goddess to reappear. (Without her, you can't get married) Usually I get married in the spring of my second year (cause I am just that smooth with the ladies); well, in my DS file, it's now Summer of my third year and I probably won't get married till the spring of the fourth year - becaue I need five more sprites before HG comes back (out of the 101 you need 60 before she shows back up with her lovely arrogance), it'll take me possibly forever to get those 5 more spirtes AND...I want the HG up to red heart before I marry. XD Because I am just that big of a whore in this game.
Plus you gotta build your own barns and stuff in the DS one. It gets hella irritating. I still love it tho. I don't get stuck at big boss battles in HM as I do in the other games I play. XD But at least after your wife has a kid, the game adds some new things to keep you interested (a circus is supposed to show up o.o) Oh and the DS also wins the award of being one of the weirdest HM games ever. I mean you can marry a mermaid, a witch and a sleeping beauty hidden deep in the mine (who gives you a guess what!? A REAL IMITATION OF LINK'S MASTER SWORD. WTF. XD)[/babbling]

Ack, I did not enjoy the PS and GC games. XD I rented A Wonderful Life when it came out with a PS version and was rather disappointed. The bachelorettes weren't nearly as nice as past ones (with exception to Celia and Lumina. Muffy and Nami can go to hell) and it went... rather slow. It took forever to get stuff done and by the time you did get it all done the day was over. In the Game Boy games I could finish my farm chores in a minute, and then spend the rest of the day flirting with the girls and making nice with the locals. The days actually go by quicker in the Game Boy ones, but you get everything done quicker, in that way it's more fast paced than the GC game, but that actually keeps it from becoming boring I found. Although AWL gets points for that whole growing up with your child thing...(I didn't get as far as I would've liked when I rented it...) [/more babbling]

Oh and the female version of AWL has to be the worse. The Bachelors were HORRIBLE. Who the hell would want to marry them? The hippie was pretty cool, but Rock was annoying and Marlin was just...ugly. mellow.gif Just a let down compared to the cute guys in More Friends of Mineral Town (Doctor, Cliff and Kai! <3 Rick and Gray too I guess XD)

The first PS2 one, Save the Homeland, just sucked. XP I mean, the graphics were really nice (why couldn't they have used those in AWL?) and I liked the characters (Katie and Dia = <3) but it was just...bleh. You couldn't even marry one of those five girls even though you could get the Harvest Goddess to raise their affection for you. O_o; I'm glad those five were brought back for Magical Melody (along with the five originals! It's been a long time since they've been in the game!) They had potential to be nice bachelorettes. Better than the Forget-Me-Not Valley girls. XP[/yet more babbling]

As you can see when I get talking about HM, I talk a lot :3

64 is my favorite. I was playing this game just the other game, actually <.<

I'm embarrassed to say I never got to play that one. D: I got into HM when it got on the gameboy (HM 2 GBC was my first) and I wanted to play the 64 one so badly, but no one would buy it for me. My brother also sold his 64 a while back I believe, so I can't even play it now if I wanted to. My friend still has it tho. It's her favorite too.

Hey, just wondering, has anyone played both Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing? I've only played AC, and I'm wondering which one's better. ^^

I've played both. They're really completely different games and it's hard to compare them, but I would go with HM. This is simply because the marriage and child factor wins me over. X3 If AC had more flirting then maybe I'd choose it... tongue.gif

*really is the 'Harvest Whore'*
Zarpia
QUOTE(Pigrider @ Apr 28 2007, 12:32 PM) [snapback]536594[/snapback]

Animal crossing FTW!!!!! *gets shot by Fushigi* X_X
Fushi
Hey, they're both great games. I'm just saying I prefer HM because I like flirting with cute girls. ;3

And also Elli. D: Elli make me happy inside.

But those two are two of the most addictive games ever. Both are great fun. The only game possbly more addictive is Katamari Damacy (which is on extreme amounts of crack)
Pigrider
Katamari Damacy? O.o What's that?
Fushi
Katamari Damacy? O.o What's that?
It is a game that is on pure crack.

QUOTE(Wikipedia)
The King of All Cosmos accidentally destroys all the stars in the sky while on a bender. The original Japanese release explicitly states that he was drunk, but the US release only mentions that he cannot remember what happened clearly and passed out afterwards. He sends his son, the Prince (who is five centimeters tall), to Earth to gather material with which to reconstruct the galaxy.

To gather this material, the Prince is given a katamari, a magical ball resembling a Bumble Ball[2] that will stick to any object it touches of a size no larger than its own (which includes anything it has gathered). The Prince then pushes the katamari around various locations and attempts to make it large enough to serve as a replacement star. Initially, the katamari can only pick up tiny items, such as loose change, thumbtacks, and ants. As it accumulates a shell of objects, its overall size grows, allowing it to pick up increasingly larger items such as fruit, milk cartons, small animals, children, cars, houses, stadiums, office buildings, rainbows, clouds, sperm whales, hopes, and dreams.

In addition, a parallel storyline develops throughout the game showing the effects of the game's missions on the people of Earth. It is told entirely through cut scenes that follow each level, and focuses on the Hoshino family. The family is intent on watching astronaut father Tomio begin his trip to the Moon. In the end, Tomio's mission is called off because there is no Moon to which to travel. The final mission of the game, "Make the Moon", requires the rolling up of many or all of the objects on Earth, including the hapless family, Tomio's rocket, and, ultimately, the island on which the rocket was located. Following this, the Moon is recreated, and in the final cutscene, the entire family is seen on the Moon.

Also has the most addictive music. "OHHHHHHHH LONELY ROLLING STAAAAAAR~"
Colette
64 is the best because you can get into Karen's pants easily :D *shot* I love that glitch >>

But seriously, 64 was the only one that kept my interest for longer than 10 or so days. It's so addicting and fun <<
Fushi
64 is the best because you can get into Karen's pants easily biggrin.gif *shot* I love that glitch >>

WHAT GLITCH IS THIS YOU SPEAK OF!?

OMFG, I FINALLY got the Harvest Goddess to come back! Now I just have to get her and Keria up to Red Heart (and at least get the Mineral Town girls out of Black) experience Leia's fourth and final heart event, and then I can finally marry my little mermaid. <3
Oh and get Nina to knit me a yule stocking before she like, dies after my child is born. D: (WTF IS WITH CHARACTERS NAMED NINA ALWAYS DYING, HUH!?)
Menelvir
Harvest Moon eh? I played the GBA version, but I never completed it. Not that I didn't enjoy it, I just couldn't keep up with the game. Then after a while I uhh... lost interest.

I have no idea why it's so addictive! I hear many people tell me it's such a good game, go play it. And I myself was hooked for a few months, before my life took over... It's just scary...
~Kurenai~
Lol, i love HM! Lol, no one likes Muffy, she married me on my gamecube game>_<

i have a problem on my game though, My goat used to give me milk but now it doesn't!!! I treat all the animals well and feed and pet and brush them all multiple times a day!! But why won't my stupid goat give me more milk!?!?

oh and also, does anyone have that one weird plant that talks and fuses stuff together for you?
Fushi
Muffy is...ugh...she's just irritating. XD I mean...you can say the same thing about Popuri as well (she hates cats and dogs, BOO!) but at least she has that pink-haired charm, and (depending on which game) comes from a farm and tries her best to help (in the DS game she tries uber hard to prove to her mother and brother that she can handle a business and studies with Takakura on her days off). Muffy however just always always irriated me. She's MUCH older than your character (according to the AWL, your farmer is around his 20's. Also according to AWL, Muffy is in her 30's. O-O), in Awl her appearance actually kinda freaked me out (thank god they cutefied her in the DS game. In AWL she really looked cradle-robber-ish), and it turns out she's quite the b*tch. (To the DS game again. Now that I'm married to Keira, every other bachelorette is giving me nice words, congratulating me on my happiness, saying they'll stop by to say hi to my wife sometime, tell me my wife is so, so lucky, etc. MUFFY on the other hand is the only one not happy for my farmer. She continues to smile at him, but she says things like "Oh.....hi Roy. Tell me about your farm. Oh but not your wife." I dunno what it is about her saying that, but it makes me want to punch her. >.O YOU SHOW KEIRA SOME RESPECT HOE.) Popuri, although nearly as annoying and just as easy a lay, was at least nice and cute. >.>

.............YES, I NAMED MY FARMER ROY, STFU ALL OF YOU. >>

As for the goat thing...is that in AWL or Magical Melody? I didn't get far in AWL and I haven't played MM, so I have no idea how to help you out there. ^^;

Oh and GUESS WHO'S MARRIED TO A PRINCESS AND HAS A BABY NOW!? 8DDD
Colette
QUOTE(Fushigi Rockna @ May 4 2007, 06:15 AM) [snapback]539002[/snapback]
64 is the best because you can get into Karen's pants easily biggrin.gif *shot* I love that glitch >>

WHAT GLITCH IS THIS YOU SPEAK OF!?

Talk to Karen while holding your dog and her affection for you will skyrocket >>; You can get her to a pink heart on the first day =D

I'm going to borrow HM 64 again when I finish Super Paper Mario. I've been getting the urge to play it lately <<'
Fushi
I wonder if this glitch will also work on a ROM version. =D;;; *downloading a N64 emulator JUST for HM64*
Colette
I have a working N64 but I lost all my games >_> I should get an emulator as well.

I'm sure it'll work though, all the glitches I've done on the GBA emulator were the same in the GBA games.
Hanozo
Anybody looking forward to Rune Factory =)
Fushi
Mmm...a bit I guess. But I'm a little bit confused about it - I don't have much info.

WHAT ABOUT HM FOR THE WII? =O
~Kurenai~
oh gawd, if HM ever came out for the Wii, I'd get it, but it probably become tiring..
Hanozo
HM for the Wii is coming out soon:D

Just saw the game for the Wiilooking for another game.
Fushi
I've seen a trailer for the Wii one. The graphics have gotten even more cutesy. O_o And they've amped up the 'dumb' looking factor.

Plus that farmer was moving pretty slow. I hate it when a character walks slowly. ._.
Raenef_the_fifth
HM, hey? I'm currently playing the DS version. I've played AWL and FOMT, although I didn't play AWL as much because I like the hand held game systems better. On FOMT after getting my character married and everything, I got bored of it. I really like the DS version though!

I'm also terrible at naming my characters . . . my current one is Gaara. If they make a Wii version that would be cool, even though it'd get pretty tiring.
Fushi
Wiki article on the Wii game.

That's it. I want it just to raise ostriches! O:<

I LOVE the new bachelorettes! <3 (LOL, one's named Anise XDD)
(note that the above link is mostly focusing on playing the game as a girl, so it has the bachelorettes under 'rivals' >3>)
Untitled
There's a Harvest Moon for the PSP. Not sure if it's out yet.. But it has a different name.. Looks.... ehm.. Kinda funny but hopefully I'll get my hands on it happy.gif
Fushi
Ah yes, the PSP HM game. I've heard of it, but the name escapes me too.

I hope they bring Island of Peace over here. I need more DS HM...;_; (it'd be better if DS cute would come out but I doubt that)
Artixte
I'm pretty sure DS Cute is coming out in America.I really want the Wii so bad >< There's this harvest moon that's coming out for it but probably not for awhile it's called Harvest Moon:Tree of Tranquility looks kinda fun.That PSP game I anticipating to buy,Harvest Moon Boy and Girl.I'm hoping that Harvest Moon 2 would come out too for the DS.I'm wondering,what's Island of Peace?
~Kurenai~
QUOTE(Fushigi Rockna @ Jul 19 2007, 01:50 PM) *
Wiki article on the Wii game.

That's it. I want it just to raise ostriches! O:<

I LOVE the new bachelorettes! <3 (LOL, one's named Anise XDD)
(note that the above link is mostly focusing on playing the game as a girl, so it has the bachelorettes under 'rivals' >3>)

ack! What did they do the characters? They look so...weird..
Fushi
QUOTE(XxWanderfullPursonxX @ Aug 6 2007, 11:06 AM) *
I'm pretty sure DS Cute is coming out in America.

And I'm pretty sure it's not. It's been out for a long time in a Japan, and there's been no sign that Natsume intends to bring it over seas.

QUOTE(~Kurenai~ @ Aug 6 2007, 11:17 AM) *
ack! What did they do the characters? They look so...weird..

I think they're cute. O_o The male farmer looks like a sissy, but so did the one in AWL. XP
~Kurenai~
I think they're cute. O_o The male farmer looks like a sissy, but so did the one in AWL. XP

true...I guess I'm just used to playing AWL...but yeah, I'd like it if they looked a little more...had a little more meat on them, you know? They're so skinny! rolleyes.gif
Untitled
Does anyone know if the Harvest Moon for PSP is out yet..? I don't have a DS laugh.gif I'm poor xD I think it was Innocent Life or something?
~Kurenai~
^never heard of it, but that would be so awesome! I just got a PsP too! biggrin.gif
Fushi
QUOTE(Untitled @ Aug 8 2007, 05:50 AM) *
Does anyone know if the Harvest Moon for PSP is out yet..? I don't have a DS laugh.gif I'm poor xD I think it was Innocent Life or something?

Pretty sure I saw it in stores recently.
~Kurenai~
QUOTE(Fushigi Rockna @ Aug 8 2007, 08:22 AM) *
QUOTE(Untitled @ Aug 8 2007, 05:50 AM) *

Pretty sure I saw it in stores recently.

oh schweet, then I'm off to the stores!! biggrin.gif

dry.gif oh wait, I'm broke spent all my gift money again rolleyes.gif

anyways, I started playing my gamecube HM AWL again and I got this weird bear for my son...from the fat red dude (just forgot his name).. laugh.gif ..and the thing talked to me. It's sitting in my son's room and it's blinking at me O_o

..and I've always wondered about that yetti thing that comes every winter. What are you supposed to do? Give him stuff?
Fushi
You mean MukuMuku the yeti?

I only got far enough to see a scene where Darryl and you are up there and see him and freak out. I got the impression that he's just there to give stuff to, make friends with and protect from Darryl. XD He's in the DS game too. it's easy to befriend him because his favorite thing is flowers. He gave me a big fishie <3 ...Then I gave him a poison mushroom and he got sick. XD;

I do believe I read once that in AWL he does give you something. Something for your home...

Oh, the bear's name is Daniel (or Daa-chan in the Japanese version) he too apparently appears in DS (but just in random events) but he was cut out for the American version. O_o;; ....he's still used in some mini-games tho I heard. Wonder why they cut his scenes out tho...
~Kurenai~
The yeti gave you a fish?? Was that in the GC version? whoops nvm. I give him craploads of stuff and he never does anything but go "BLARGH"

T^T I feel so behind. I should really get the newer versions...

Is my son ever gonna grow up?! it's been forever.... ._.
Fushi
He gave me a large fish in the DS game after I got his affection as high as it would go. :3

What are you giving him? Like the townpeople, he has his likes and dislikes. He happens to love flowers - any kind. (I'm sure it's because they don't grow in winter and he's fascinated by such pretty things he never gets to see) At least in the DS version. But I don't see why it would be different in AWL. After all, I'm pretty sure Muffy despises small fish in both versions. tongue.gif

Your kid in AWL? Yeah, it takes a while. I didn't get past the first year when I played it, but I read that each stage can take over a year. (I think I read 3 years...) It's that way in DS too.
Hanozo
well since rune factory is a HM Game...Who has it?

My friend code for Rune Factory is "3222-3269-8329" btw
Fushi
I dooooooooooooooooo.

Don't have a friend code yet tho. I haven't played in a month now. XD Still don't know who I want to marry. *3*
MaiShadowAlchemist
Harvest Moon!! The story is not the deepest but is addictive!!! I have played so many times!! And you just gotta love the cows!!! :3
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.