Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fullmetal Alchemist- The Return Of The Lost Elric
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fanworks > Fanfics
Kenji
It is advisable to read FullMetal Alchemist- The Departed Alchemist FANfic first prior to reading this one. smile.gif
----
Sorry for any grammar mistakes... I am trying to keep my grammatical errors minimal...
This story basically serves as the follow-up for The Departed Alchemist FANfic.
-----
The Intro

Ed: Goodbye Al. Please thank Winry for making me such a nice automail. Tell her, for the past one year, I am not having any difficulties using the automail she engineered for me.
Al: Brother, no. Stop! Don’t be silly. You can tell that to her yourself. Colonel Mustang will help us destroy the bomb.
Ed: No. This is the only way to destroy the bomb and the door. This is the way to keep our world in peace. Exchanging my life for everyone’s life in our world is a worthy exchange.
Al: No…brother. No. How could you do this to me? I want to grow with brother and if brother die I want to die with brother too. BROTHER!!!

[opens up eyes wide. Bounced up from pillow. Sweating and panting]

Al:[tears in eyes] Brother...

-----
Chapter 1 release date: April 24th 2007
Chapter 1 release date extended to May 1st 2007 due to some unexpected circumstances... smile.gif SORRY!
Naivete
O_O
You started another one so soon...
Amol
After reading the The Departed Alchemist, it was not hard to expect that you 'd not continue... I thought of it myself and here it is now...

I hope you continue to add in ... baKa, i think its nice to get them fast ... other wise with all the other Fanfics its hard to remember all , let it be kinda continuous !
Indignant Judgment
Wow, already another one, good job Kenji happy.gif....O_o I need to really get to work on mine soon tongue.gif
Kenji
Early release date due to some eagerness PM I received
------
Author's note:
-This is the follow up for The Departed Alchemist FANfic. If you haven't read that FANfic, I strongly urge you to read that FANfic first before reading this one.
-SORRY for any grammatical mistakes. I am trying to keep my errors minimal.
------
Chapter 1- Pain

“Goodbye Al. Please thank Winry for making me such a nice automail. Tell her, for the past one year, I am not having any difficulties using the automail she engineered for me.”
“Brother! No... Stop! Don’t be silly. You can tell that to her yourself. Colonel Mustang will help us destroy the bomb.” Al replied to Ed with tears begin to flowing out from his eyes
Ed replies “No.”
He paused for a moment, and then continues
“This is the only way to destroy the bomb and the door. This is the way to keep our world in peace. Exchanging my life for everyone’s life in our world is a worthy exchange.”

“Brother!!” Al lets out a scream.

The phrases keep on repeating in his mind whenever he was asleep. Moments after his scream, he heard footsteps approaching his door. The sound of door knob turning made him look at the door.

“Brother” Al whispered to himself.

The door opened, emitting light from outside into the room. His heart shrink after seeing the person coming in through the door is actually Winry.

“Ah, you must be having those bad dreams about Edward again” Winry speaks to Al, while walking slowly towards the bed Al’s sleeping.

Al looks up, and tears begin flowing out from his eyes.

“Al, Edward was gone. That’s the fact we must brace. Don’t be like this. This is the life Edward gave you and you must appreciate it. What’s gone was forever gone. I am very sure Edward will be happy seeing you living happily from there” Winry looks out the window watching the glimmering stars and the dark sky.

Al doesn’t utter out any reply. He wipes off his tears with one of his pyjamas sleeve. He rests his head on the fluffy pillow and closes his eyes.

“Get back to sleep, Al. You’re tired” Winry speaks while adjusting the blanket for Al. She looked at Al for a moment and lays her hands on his head, brushing his short hair between her fingers. After a few minutes, she leaves the room, sobbing and tears starts rolling down from her eyes. It has been sleepless night for both Al and herself. For her, bracing the truth that Edward is no longer here is just a bitter pill to swallow.

-----

“You are screaming again yesterday night. You must be dreaming about your brother again” Pinako questioned Al, while adjusting her tobacco pipe. Al replied only with a single nod on his head and uttered out

“Uhm.”

Pinako observed Al for a moment.

“Edward is dead. Just accept it the truth. It happened in front of you.” Pinako tells Al.

Pinako closes her eyes and let out a breeze of smoke from her mouth.

She then continues; “Come on here both of you and have some porridge for breakfast.”

Al pulls a chair and sits opposite of where Pinako standing. Winry pulls a chair next to Al and lays her bottoms on the wooden chair. Pinako scoops out two bowls of porridge and hand them over to Al and Winry respectively.

“Now enjoy your breakfast.” Pinako uttered. She then continued “I am done with mine”

Every spoon of porridge tasted plain. His actions are slow and he looks uninspiring.

“Are there something wrong with the porridge grandma serves to you” Winry questions Al.

“Uhm. Nope.The porridge taste delicious” Al replied.

“Why are you eating slowly? You must be thinking of Edward again.” Winry replies.

Al kept quite.

“Winry” Al uttered.

“Yes, Al?” Winry replies.

“I am going to my mother’s grave later. Do you want to come along? Maybe you can visit your mother and father too” Al adds.

“Nah. It’s okay. I have to help Grandma construct the automail for one customer at Youswell. He is coming over in a few days more.” Winry replies.

The sound of tires screeching made them stunned. As the sounds of heavy boots stomps the wooden flooring outside the Rockbell’s store, Al and Winry stood up slowly looking at the door. Al draws a circle on the table.
Indignant Judgment
...AND!?! laugh.gif Wow, can you say 'ya left us hanging'? happy.gif Nice work so far, very sad beginning, funny thing was I guess was I was listening to sad music along reading this, giving a sadder effect XP Overall, nice work so far Kenji happy.gif
Kenji
Author's note:
-This is the follow up for The Departed Alchemist FANfic. If you haven't read that FANfic, I strongly urge you to read that FANfic first before reading this one.
------
Chapter 2- The Youswell incident

As Al finish drawing the final triangle in his circle, Armstrong comes crashing in with the door broke into pieces.

“Hello folks!” Armstrong speaks while glimmering in the usual Armstrong family renowned pink glitters.

“Why is the military still as rude as during the Fuhrer’s administration? Coming into people’s houses without knocking.” Pinako replied while Winry and Al have huge sweat on their head.

“Military?” Armstrong pause for a while then he let out a laugh.
He then continues “I’m no longer in the military. Don’t you know it?”

“No. The last time you’re here was the first time you’re here” Pinako replies.
“What makes you here?” she continues.

“I need your help, since you’re the greatest automail engineer in the country.” Armstrong replied.

“You don’t need one. Your limbs are still intact from what I see…” Pinako says while studying Armstrong carefully.

Armstrong let out a whistle, and he replies “Actually it is for him.”

Two men brought in a stretcher. On the stretcher lies a boy with golden hair and about the size of Edward.

“Brother?” Al whispered.
“What happened to him?” Al adds.

Al rushes towards the stretcher to have a good look at the unconscious boy. His heart shattered when the boy is not Edward.

“He lost his left leg. He was working in a coal mine when suddenly disaster struck.” Armstrong replies to Al.

*flashback*

That afternoon was a hot one. Armstrong was at Youswell for a business trip. He stops when his foot brought him to the entrance of an old looking inn. He pulls out a white handkerchief and wipes off the sweat on his head. He admires the inn well, and then he stepped in.

“Good afternoon sir. Do you wish to dine in only or to spend a night here?” The receptionist at the counter greets Armstrong.

“How about both” Armstrong replies him with a smile.

“Oh. Sure. That will be pretty pleasing to hear” The receptionist replies with a smile.

“How much is the rate per night?” Armstrong asks.

“It will be 20k per night” The receptionist answers.

“What? 20k?” Armstrong replies with his eyes wide opened in shock.

“Yep. And all the Inns in Youswell also charge the same rate here.” The receptionist adds.

“It’s okay. I can afford it.” Armstrong slowly reaches for his wallet.
Armstrong adds, “Meanwhile, while I’m here I would like to have a plate of your inn’s famous dish and…”

The sound of someone running in to the inn furiously disrupts Armstrong’s talking. The door flung open and a boy in his 30s comes rushing to the counter.

“Something has happened down the mine!” The boy shouts.

“Whose mine is that?” The receptionist at the counter asks.

“Your daddy’s mine, Cayalu” The boy replied.

“How is him? Is he okay? We better rush there and check it out!” Cayalu adds.

Naivete
...you left us in the middle of the flashback...mellow.gif It's a bit..off.
Actually, I prefer reading the flashback to reading a character's account of the event. Like someone mentioned before, it makes it seem like you're watching an animated scene.
Keep going! happy.gif
Kenji
Author's note:
------
Chapter 3- The Mine

Thick black smoke raging up the afternoon sky from the blasted mine. Some miners braved the thick hazardous smoke to save miners trapped inside. Unfortunately, many of them was forced to evacuate as the condition inside the mine was deemed too dangerous.

“Dad! Dad! Where are you?” Cayalu shouts right after he arrives to the scene.
“ Is everyone allright?” he continues.

Cayalu heard a familiar voice from his back. He turned to the back and found his father sitting on a pile of rubble stone, apparently his left leg was slightly injured. Seeing his father is allright, he helps other miners.

“Is everyone okay?” Cayalu shouts.

His voice can be heard clearly.

“Yes. I think so. Everyone manage to get out as soon as the alarm went off.” One of the miners replies.

“Someone do a headcount. We need to be sure no one is still trapped inside the mine” Cayalu tells the miner.

“Andrew! Andrew! Where are you?” Panic invades another miner.
“He’s still inside the mine, trapped probably… I’m going in to save him” he adds.

“But…but… It’s too dangerous, James. The mine will collapse anytime by now”
“You will be killed if the mine collapses” one of the miners speaks in an attempt to stop James from going into the mine.

“I don’t care. I have a promise to fulfil. I need to get Andrew out of the mine” James replies, as he grabs a pickaxe heading towards the entrance of the mine. As James heads towards the entrance of the mine, the earth surrounding begin to shake violently and one of the supporting beam collapses, bringing the whole mine down, sealing the entrance all together. James runs towards the rubble, attempting to move the heavy rocks away to create a path inside the mine.

“Andrew! Andrew!” James yelled.

Armstrong to the scene and lays his hand on James’ shoulder. James pauses for a moment and looks up. Armstrong replies him with a sweet smile complete with his trademark pink glitters surrounding him.

“Don’t worry. Let me handle it. It will be tough to handle it with only your bare hands. You need the art of Armstrong family alchemy which has been passed down for generations to solve this.” Armstrong says to James
“Now get away” Armstrong replies as he rips off his shirt, showing off his muscles.

Armstrong takes a heavy breath in and with only a single punch, the large heavy rocks turns into small statues, in the shape of Armstrong himself. The second punch paves a route into the mine. The whole crowd is amazed by the alchemy done by Armstrong. Miners begin to flood in to save the remaining miner which was trapped after the blast.

“So, you’re an alchemist.” Cayalu begins the conversation with Armstrong.

“Yes. I am the Strong Arm Alchemist, Alex Louis Armstrong.” Armstrong replies.

“I see.” Cayalu replies. “You have a title too. So you’re a national alchemist?” he continues.

“I used to serve the military but now I’m only a businessman.” Armstrong replies back.

The whole crowd cheers as Andrew was brought out, still breathing but unconscious.
----

“How is him?” Armstrong enquirers the moment he steps in the room Andrew is resting.

“Quite bad. He lost his arm and leg. But he’s a strong boy and he still wants to live. His courage is as high as a mountain.” Cayalu informs Armstrong.

“Do his parents know about this?” Armstrong asks again.

“No. He’s an orphan. I’m his only living sibling left and he’s my only sibling left. Thank you for saving him this afternoon. Without you, I think I am holding a funeral by now” James replies.

“Poor boy” Cayalu suddenly uttered out.
“He’s disabled at such a young age. I wonder how is him going to live for the rest of his life.” Cayalu continues.

“I’m still here and I am going to take care of him, no matter how hard it is.” James replies.

“But… you’ve got to work at the mine. Who’s going to take care of him while you’re away working?” Cayalu counters back.

James kept silent. He doesn’t know how to answer that back.

“Is that what you’re worried about?” Armstrong disrupts the conversation.
“If it’s the problem, I think I can solve it. I can bring him to one of the best automail engineer I know. He can resume his normal life after the automail surgery. In term of the cost, I’ll bear it all.” Armstrong continues.

James and Cayalu see a shiny light of hope, but it’s only for a moment.

“What do you want in return” Cayalu questions Armstrong, showing a slightly depressed face.

“I beg your pardon?” Armstrong replies.

“You all alchemists believe highly in the principle of equivalent exchange don’t they? What should I give you in return for the favour you’re doing for Andrew?” Cayalu clarifies his earlier statement.

“Nothing. Where you got that from?” Armstrong replies.

“It’s a long story and that’s how my father got this mine. The alchemist exchanged the mine authority power to my father for a single night stay here, eight years ago.” Cayalu interprets.

“Who is that?” Armstrong scratches his bald head.

“A few years back, he’s been a very popular alchemist. He’s the only military personnel that stood on the public’s side.” Cayalu replies.

“Is that…” Armstrong opens his eyes wide.

“Yes. He’s Edward Elric. The FullMetal Alchemist.” Cayalu replies.

*flashback ends*
The Chain Alchemist
I like these fanfics. =) Your doing a great job!
Tombow
@Kenji - I like it. I hope you will get time to write more sometime!! happy.gif
Kenji
QUOTE(Tombow @ Jun 25 2007, 04:39 PM) [snapback]555148[/snapback]
@Kenji - I like it. I hope you will get time to write more sometime!! happy.gif

I hope to write some, and probably end it too.... but you know...college... >.<
I've been writing a few lines day by day... laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.